fourkillmaster

Should "Twins" Be Removed From The Game

Should Duplicate Counselors Be Removed Now That We Have A Large Selection To Choose From?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Should Duplicate Counselors Be Removed From The Game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, But Tiffany Should Have a Twin Sister in Reference to Part IV

With all the new counselors I feel we finally have enough that "twins", shouldn't be a thing anymore, players will have to leave their comfort zone and use counselors that aren't meta. This obviously presents a problem for newer players as counselors are locked behind rank right now but overall I believe it would be a change for the better. I'd even argue that Tiffany should have a sister with slightly different stats to differentiate the two, one could be brave and one could be skittish. I would also be in favor of Kenny's brother becoming a new playable counselor and the opening Jason would kill whomever his counselor was.

EDIT: Just realized I posted this in the General Discussion ?

• Confused 1

This has been Suggested, Discussed And Problemized A Hundred Times Already and Every Single time My Answer is No.

This will Negatively Impact the Player Base and No one wants to play as LaChappa. 

• Like 2

I don't think it's really fair to do this. If someone has worked to unlock all of the counselors, they should be able to play as who ever they want. How is having two or more of one counselor really affecting gameplay?

I honestly think they should make a ''twin'' for Tiffany like Tiffany is Terri(tomboy)+Tina(Flirty girl), they should easily make one mixing Terri Moore(non flirty twin) and another female from the movies like Samantha in part 4 or possibly Marcie from part?

• Confused 1

@fourkillmaster
   There are other threads discussing this topic...
   A great many players seem to like playing one counselor.... and one counselor only. You cannot dictate which counselor these people will play... they will simply leave the game if they cannot play who they want to play... Some may even leave permanently.
   Personally, I like to play repair counselors... mostly Mitch... sometimes Adam, I have not switched it up from these two in a while. If I was forced to play Vanessa... well... I do not want to play fast counselors. It matters not which ones they are, Bugsy, Chad, Tiffany, Vanessa... generally the bully Jason counselors... I also do not help in bullying Jason... I just want to call the cops and repair stuff... and maybe even escape, preferably on the boat. I can sometimes be convinced to help kill Jason though... but if the Jason hunters are rude... I will neither help them, nor hinder them.

Just look at 4 Vanessas... or 4 Chads.... or 4 Bugsys... as quadruplets... and practice. It takes practice to learn how to fight off the battle Chads... or catch some of the many players that are extremely skilled at evading Jason with fast counselors... it is an accomplishment to just catch some players. Controlling objectives with a lobby full of A.J.s that work well as a team... that also takes practice. As a counselor, it is your job to make Jason's job more difficult... As Jason, well we all know what Jason's job is.
   No matter how good you get, like the rest of us, there will be good games and bad... on both sides of play.

@F134Ever86 Perhaps... one of these days, they will give us some new skins for at least some of the counselors. I think it would be a lot less work than making a bunch of original counselors... it would also help for people that do not like to "see" multiples of the same counselors.
   I feel It would be wrong to just interchange existing skins though... Chad's stats should remain Chad's stats... a Chad with Deborah's stats is just wrong somehow. A Bugsy with Mitch's stats would not make sense to me either.... Neither would Mitch with Bugsy or Chad's stats.... you get my point.

I have to say no. 

Players like to play what they like. Can't really force players to change 

The game is already dead. How many mindless joggers do you think will stick around after their favorite Deb/AJ is already taken?

40 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Just change skin/hair and add more interesting clothing options

best way to deal with it. i already mentioned before, it would be cool to have an alternate outfit for each counselor. 

otherwise, hell no. they advertised the game from day one on saying people are free to play whatever counselor they want and if the entire lobby wants to be jenny they can all be jenny. removing it would just be another stupid thing to do to kill what remains of the dying playerbase

I'm in full support of the removal of twins. It recreates the atmosphere of the film's more Faithfully. More importantly it encourages team play and learning different (for some any)  roles.  I'm all for stopping 5 Vanessa kite/troll Jason rounds in favor of more team oriented play. Those matches are always the most fun. It also naturally creates a balanced team.  How many times have you played without a single repair character on your team? We all know how that goes.... Any time I'm in character select I try to "fill". I'm sure many others here do the same

P.s feel free to add me on ps4.

7 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

OP is just full of good ideas today

People are naturally defensive when you try to take their toys away, judging by the reaction to my other thread I obviously struck a nerve with a few of them, nobody reacts with such vitriol unless they are facing hard truths that challenge their very existence. Is playing as Lachappa once in a while such a chore to some that they wouldn't even play the game unless they have things their way? I'd say good riddance to them then, but then again I imagine playing a weak character similar to their own lives is too much reality for some to handle, they need their fantasy.

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Boostio said:

The game is already dead.

Then what are we all doing here? lol

@fourkillmaster You can disagree without being a douche...

I'm always set to random, and I think this is a dumb idea. No reason people should be forced to play as a counselor they don't like.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Then what are we all doing here? lol

Drowning in a sea of complaints & excuses?

2 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

I obviously struck a nerve with a few of them, nobody reacts with such vitriol unless they are facing hard truths that challenge their very existence. 

Judging by your second thread just today about high stamina characters, it seems you are the one with the struck nerve on this game. So here's a hard truth for you: you have not learned all you need to know to be an effective Jason, so lose the ego, grab a bite stick, and learn how to counter a looping/cabin hopping counselor instead of making repeat threads of things people have already brought up months ago. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I would like they do variations from actuals counselors with the same stats as the original ones like: 3 A.J'S but as a different person, 3 Jenny's but as a different person. In one of the A.J'S variant I would like she had a black hair (for some reason none of the actual counselors is black haired besides from Vanessa and Buggzy), a shirt of Crazy Lixx (like the original A.J), some jeans and boots.

1 minute ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Judging by your second thread just today about high stamina characters, it seems you are the one with the struck nerve on this game. So here's a hard truth for you: you have not learned all you need to know to be an effective Jason, so lose the ego, grab a bite stick, and learn how to counter a looping/cabin hopping counselor instead of making repeat threads of things people have already brought up months ago. 

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

No need to remove twins. If anything have the same counsellor only able to be selected 3 times in the same match, but I don't really care.

16 minutes ago, fourkillmaster said:

People are naturally defensive when you try to take their toys away, judging by the reaction to my other thread I obviously struck a nerve with a few of them, nobody reacts with such vitriol unless they are facing hard truths that challenge their very existence. Is playing as Lachappa once in a while such a chore to some that they wouldn't even play the game unless they have things their way? I'd say good riddance to them then, but then again I imagine playing a weak character similar to their own lives is too much reality for some to handle, they need their fantasy.

Totally something I imagine LaChappa typing from behind a keyboard. 

I run random counselor and Jason most of the time. I think it is good for people to mix it up some so I would be for that. It does throw a wrench into the new players. 

No.You can't tell people they're not allowed to play their favorite. @SmugDoka How dare you insult Lachappa? Or as he is commonly known LaBadass.