tHr33

Option to Pass on Playing Tommy

I think there should be an option to pass on playing as Tommy Jarvis. Sometimes, you just want to do other things until the match is done or sometimes you just want to spectate. 

For example, if you are chosen to be Tommy Jarvis, you should first get a message with a Yes/No option for you decide what you want to do. If you decide 'No', next eligible player should get that chance.

What do you guys think?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

FUCK YES!

Spectating is a great time for a smoke break, but I don't want to be that AFK Tommy that everyone hates... I usually have to wait until Tommy has spawned, but by then the match is usually almost over...

Great suggestion @tHr33

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, tHr33 said:

If you decide 'No', next eligible player should get that chance.

What if everyone says NO

5 minutes ago, T.W said:

What if everyone says NO

Then nobody spawns, I guess...

It's not like that doesn't happen already...

I'd say make it right after you die/escape. It pops up asking if you want to be Tommy. You get 15 seconds to respond. After the 15 seconds it automatically selects no. That'd help deal with the afk Tommys.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Truth said:

Then nobody spawns, I guess...

It's not like that doesn't happen already...

true

49 minutes ago, Truth said:

FUCK YES!

Spectating is a great time for a smoke break, but I don't want to be that AFK Tommy that everyone hates... I usually have to wait until Tommy has spawned, but by then the match is usually almost over...

Great suggestion @tHr33

You took the words right out of my mouth.  If I die early in a match, I usually use that time for a smoke break, too.  I usually rush a cigarette and come back to spectate, and I have returned a few times to find that I have spawned in as Tommy and have been standing in the woods. lol.  This is a decent idea.  

Yeah definitely a nice idea. There's been a few times where I died and wanted to grab a snack, drink or let the dogs out but wait to see who ends up Tommy cause nobody likes afk Tommy.

If I remember correctly, this was once brought up a while back, and a dev even responded to that post. I'll see if I can dig it up once more.

I'm more for the person playing Tommy having to sign up for some sort of badge of honor. Help someone for christ sakes! Fix something. Save someone grabbed by Jason. Just dont push AJ aside, jump in a boat and drive off(I actually saw this last night. Luckily Jason got her, and she was pissed about it too. Was kind of funny)

I agree! Tommy should have a RESPONSIBILITY to look out for other players. 99% of the time, they just continue playing for themselves. When you are Tommy, you need to be a hero. If you can’t handle it, select “no”. 

Yes! That's a good idea. 

Sometimes I'm not in the mood to come back as Tommy, to be honest. Tommy has to be the hero and sometimes I just don't want to, specially in QP for obvious reasons.

12 hours ago, Truth said:

FUCK YES!

Great suggestion @tHr33

Timing smoke breaks between matches. I thought I was alone

I don't know. 

If you and others chose not to be Tommy and there are only 2 dead/escapes, you can potential affect the outcome for the rest of the match.

I can already see a potential scenario where the cb radio is called early and Tommy doesn't arrive until the last minute because everybody except the second to last person voted no. Certainly not enough time to make an impact and help others.

I like this issue, but you'd have to be playing in order to choose Yes or No.  Either have a timer (10 seconds) and it passes.  If everyone says no, last person is automatically him.

13 hours ago, Truth said:

FUCK YES!

Great suggestion @tHr33

I have the same problem... must smoke... don't want to be Tommy this round. Went AFK twice in the last month or so. If I was AFK during selection, I could not select yes... and no AFK Tommy.
   If Tommy didn't get in, then no one that had the opportunity to play him wanted to play him anyway. I doubt there would be many lobbies in which someone did not vote yes anyway.

Very nice idea :)
I think that should have a timer on that question, if not answered withing 5 seconds (for example) automatically get no as answer

On 5/23/2018 at 11:16 AM, T.W said:

What if everyone says NO

a message pops up for all players that are still alive:

"Tommy got the call, but he's busy collecting Pokemon right now. SRY" ?

• Haha 1

All of you want to pass on playing Tommy, your not the hero we need, but your the hero we deserve 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ReavesUppercut said:

Related image

13 minutes ago, ReavesUppercut said:

Dang it! Pokemon go is everywhere! Next Jurassic World alive is gonna take over! 

I’ve always thought this should be in the game.