Lexandremon

Macro "E" Key Hackers (Salt Mines my new Home)

If this "Macro Key Hackers" don't be fixed with this new patch, Salt Mines will be my home.
If i grab someone, and this person escapes instantly, my quit will be instantaneous as well, and i just don't care :)

Only today, I played 5 games against these hackers, after a while I gave up and closed the game.

Has anyone else been dealing with these hackers too? Is this frequent?

• Haha 1

No, I play on Xbox but I'm assuming this is similar to 4 chads and 3 tiff's in a lobby that find pocket knives/med sprays simultaneously and dance over you like a dumbass.

Marcos aren't a hack. You're not changing the game files to do it.

Now that I'm using mouse and keyboard I'm gonna have start using macros.

Left-handed button mashing is for the birds.

I'll be fair about it though. I'll set it to the same rate I get when i use a controller. 

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Lexandremon said:

Only today, I played 5 games against these hackers, after a while I gave up and closed the game.

Has anyone else been dealing with these hackers too? Is this frequent?

wait, those are macros? not hacks? i figured pc was already infested with groups of hackers early on.

that  sounds stupid though. the way i understand it, you just have some outside tool to simulate u pressing the e key a thousand times in a second and youre instantly out of a grab / trap? i had some people doing this last game and lost because of it.

IF thats the case (which i wouldnt be surprised considering the devs arent the brightest tool in the shed) then just fuck me man.

every game i know has a check to prevent a player from pressing a key too fast in a given time and winning easy. wouldnt be surprised if this is the first one that doesnt. hell, even roblox games have cooldowns. you wanna tell me this one doesnt? please jesus, i HOPE those are hackers LMFAO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

wait, those are macros? not hacks?

Well, there also is a hack that can instantly break you out, but that's only on PC.

Consolers can feel the effects of macros though.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

To be honest, it would be cool to see one of these but unfortunately, I play on Xbox ?

They have Xbox controllers that do macros.

All the devs have to do is put a speed limit on it and we're all good.  

Just now, WashingtonJones said:

They have Xbox controllers that do macros.

All the devs have to do is put a speed limit on it and we're all good.  

For real? Do they? I need to get one to try this out.

Yeah, but they're "beginners", as people said before. But then again..

1 minute ago, WashingtonJones said:

they cost $300

u callin' me a cheap, ol' ray-yedneck?

I'm kidding. But do you think I'm poor or is it because I'm a young child?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

But do you think I'm poor or is it because I'm a young child?

It's safe to assume that you are because most people are poor.

But even still, $300 for a controller is obscene. $150 is ok but that's the max. I have the Elite and it's worth it. 

But unless I have a disability, I'm not spending $300 on a friggin controller.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Using macros is absolutely cheating. I can't say that I blame people for doing it though. The game mechanic, as it was designed, basically encourages it.

• Like 1

I like to call them Hackers, because they r using fraudelent and external means to win.
The game is already full of problems, why those ppl need to create more?
I just cant play with this type of individual, i'll only quit from the game when i find someone with this Macro (Hack). I
t's unfair as hell, u can escape from jason's grab without giving him any time of doing anything, is super fast, instantaneous.

In other words is like a infinite pocket knife.

• Like 2

I know you might not like the solution, but here goes. Put 'asphyxiate' and 'head punch' on all of your Jason builds. Even 'E' macro won't be able to save them. 

1 hour ago, gyaaft said:

I know you might not like the solution, but here goes. Put 'asphyxiate' and 'head punch' on all your Jason builds. Even 'E' macro won't be able to save them. 

I had 'head punch' for situations like this, but not even that was working =( feelsbad

7 hours ago, Lexandremon said:

I had 'head punch' for situations like this, but not even that was working =( feelsbad

Asphyxiate needs almost no room to execute. Try that instead. Mash the corresponding button as soon as you grab them. There's no way they should be able to break out, even as an 'E' macro Tommy.

I'm pretty sure at one point the devs said using macros in this game was a bannable offense among many other things, but since they turned the blind eye, I'm not really sure any more. Maybe they go after these people again after the update is released when they have some free time.

Why anyone would come on here and willingly admit to using macros is beyond me. You're painting a target on yourself saying 'come here and ban me!'.

Macros are not allowed and this is like the 4th time I've said it now. See the EULA excerpt below, taken directly from the official F13 EULA on section 2 (http://www.f13game.com/eula/):

"(viii) use any type of bot, spider, virus, clock, timer, counter, worm, software lock, drop dead device, packet-sniffer, addon, hack, trainer, mod, cheat, Trojan-horse routing, trap door, time bomb or any other codes or instructions that are designed to be used to provide a means of surreptitious or unauthorized access or that are designed to distort, delete, damage, monitor, mine, enhance or disassemble the Software"

Macros could be classified as timers, counters, maybe even trainers or cheats.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

. the way i understand it, you just have some outside tool to simulate u pressing the e key a thousand times in a second and youre instantly out of a grab / trap? i had some people doing this last game and lost because of it.

It's not even an outside tool the function is built into windows.

11 hours ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

like a dumbass.

?

13 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Why anyone would come on here and willingly admit to using macros is beyond me. You're painting a target on yourself saying 'come here and ban me!'.

I think the better question is this: Why would the developers implement a mechanic that could be so easily exploited in this fashion?

10 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

"(viii) use any type of bot, spider, virus, clock, timer, counter, worm, software lock, drop dead device, packet-sniffer, addon, hack, trainer, mod, cheat, Trojan-horse routing, trap door, time bomb or any other codes or instructions that are designed to be used to provide a means of surreptitious or unauthorized access or that are designed to distort, delete, damage, monitor, mine, enhance or disassemble the Software"

Macros could be classified as timers, counters, maybe even trainers or cheats.

To be fair, timer and counter don't exactly sound like what you claim them to mean. Why couldn't the term 'macro' be used explicitly?

10 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

I think the better question is this: Why would the developers implement a mechanic that could be so easily exploited in this fashion?

To be fair, timer and counter don't exactly sound like what you claim them to mean. Why couldn't the term 'macro' be used explicitly?

How about this then:

"(x) Using any unauthorized third party programs, including mods, hacks, cheats, scripts, bots, trainers and automation programs that interact with the Service in any way, for any purpose, including any unauthorized third party programs that intercept, emulate, or redirect any communication between the Service and GMH and any unauthorized third party programs that collect information about the Service by reading areas of memory used by the Service to store information"

A macro is an automated function which is essentially the same as a program. Macros could also be classified as timers and counters, as they count the time between key strokes and also count how many of them there are. They then emulate these pre-programmed keystrokes by activating a script, but their function is still the same as it was originally. It has been coded to time and count key strokes.

Taken from here: http://forum.f13game.com/topic/8280-specific-bannable-offenses-and-in-game-guidelines/

• Like 1

Is a turbo controller an automation program? It still seems like there's some grey area there. I think anyone can agree that macros and turbo controllers provide an unfair advantage so they should be classified as cheating. The best course of action isn't to police and ban these players. The whole system needs to be reworked.

If you were to reverse engineer the break out mechanic you'd arrive at something like this. Let's design a system that allows Tommy, Jenny, Adam and A.J. to escape from Jason's grab more easily than the other counselors. We'll use a rapid button press mechanic to encourage the use of macros and turbo controllers. When people use these methods, we'll ban them.

But hey, banning "Timmy" for using a turbo controller sure is easier than correcting the real problem, right?

2 hours ago, Kodiak said:

How about this then:

"(x) Using any unauthorized third party programs, including mods, hacks, cheats, scripts, bots, trainers and automation programs that interact with the Service in any way, for any purpose, including any unauthorized third party programs that intercept, emulate, or redirect any communication between the Service and GMH and any unauthorized third party programs that collect information about the Service by reading areas of memory used by the Service to store information"

A macro is an automated function which is essentially the same as a program. Macros could also be classified as timers and counters, as they count the time between key strokes and also count how many of them there are. They then emulate these pre-programmed keystrokes by activating a script, but their function is still the same as it was originally. It has been coded to time and count key strokes.

Taken from here: http://forum.f13game.com/topic/8280-specific-bannable-offenses-and-in-game-guidelines/

i dont use them, but i honestly understand why people would. as i mentioned previously, and i cant stress this enough

E V E N   R O B L O X   G A M E S    H A V E    C O O L D O W N S     T O    P R E V E N T     M A C R O      E X P L O I T I N G      I N     T H E I R      A M A T E U R     

L U A    S C R I P T S