BeautyNumber2

Level 150 Players Exploiting Chain Stunning, etc.

Smh. So for the first time in about 4 months I decided to be Jason! Wow. It was the most embarrassing experience with this game in some time.

Three other people in the lobby were level 150 so i thought the game would go well. Nope. Two people quit immediately, the first person I found at the fuse house quit as I grabbed them and glitched me so I couldn’t interact with anything. Luckily the next person I found was outside and I ran them down and they left before I grabbed them. So 3 people are left, I’m glitched and I run around like an idiot for about 3 minutes. Lo and behold! Tommy shows up. I’m thinking to myself... I haven’t actually killed anyone yet, I look and one person was shown as having committed suicide and apparently the player who was Tommy also did. So we’re down to 2 counselors now at about 7 minutes. His pal Vanessa shows up and as I grab Vanessa, Tommy stuns me of course. They then proceed to chain stun me a total of 7 times in a row. How is that even possible? I was under the impression that Jason isn’t supposed to stun immediately after being stunned so how did they manage that?

Overall, the match had not an ounce of fun to it because of a combination of pathetic players, glitches, developer-enabled exploits from players. Anyway, the level of absolutely tomfoolery childishness and pathetic play has made me re-reswear off ever playing Jason again. I could only laugh. I honestly don’t know how people could be Jason at this stage of the game so I’m interested in what being players back who enjoy Jason? What do you think?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

What do you mean by chain stunned 7 times in a row? Do you mean that they hit you with a bat and then they hit you with a bat again as you were getting out of the stun, and you could do absolutely nothing in that time? That is not supposed to happen. You're supposed to be immune to stuns but not damage when coming out of an ordinary stun that is not a result of a trap or knife.

There's some time after coming out of a stun that you can't be stunned again, but four seconds sounds too long.

Chain stunning, in a way, doesn't exist. What most people call chain stunning is really catching Jason with a timed hit right after a state of invulnerability. Jason is in a state of invulnerability when pulling the knife out of his neck, and also when shaking a trap off his foot, which are the only true cases of so called chain stunning. Jason is also in the same invulnerable state when raging through the door. 

You can't catch Jason straight after fire crackers and you can't when hit by a counselor.

It might've been that they were successfully ganging up on you and they were so active that you didn't have the chance to notice how long you were invulnerable for. You also said you hadn't played in a while and our brains tend to soften the edges of our memories.    

Jeese man, that sucks. I'm a Jason main, and let me tell you I've had numerous bad games, but they're not that common in my experience. I completely agree, I can't stand rage quitters, so thank goodness for the salt mines in the next patch. And for the chain stunning, yeah they should seriously do something about that.

9 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Smh. So for the first time in about 4 months I decided to be Jason! Wow. It was the most embarrassing experience with this game in some time.

Three other people in the lobby were level 150 so i thought the game would go well. Nope. Two people quit immediately, the first person I found at the fuse house quit as I grabbed them and glitched me so I couldn’t interact with anything. Luckily the next person I found was outside and I ran them down and they left before I grabbed them. So 3 people are left, I’m glitched and I run around like an idiot for about 3 minutes. Lo and behold! Tommy shows up. I’m thinking to myself... I haven’t actually killed anyone yet, I look and one person was shown as having committed suicide and apparently the player who was Tommy also did. So we’re down to 2 counselors now at about 7 minutes. His pal Vanessa shows up and as I grab Vanessa, Tommy stuns me of course. They then proceed to chain stun me a total of 7 times in a row. How is that even possible? I was under the impression that Jason isn’t supposed to stun immediately after being stunned so how did they manage that?

Overall, the match had not an ounce of fun to it because of a combination of pathetic players, glitches, developer-enabled exploits from players. Anyway, the level of absolutely tomfoolery childishness and pathetic play has made me re-reswear off ever playing Jason again. I could only laugh. I honestly don’t know how people could be Jason at this stage of the game so I’m interested in what being players back who enjoy Jason? What do you think?

Smh, nothing you mentioned is an exploit. It’s the current state of the game, deal with it.

Bad luck at the fuse getting glitched, yea sure that was the person playing the counselors fault. ?

Getting stunned? Learn how to use block. Thread title should be “Level 150 players kicking my ass, etc”

Also, the next time you write a story like this try not to sound so rustled.

• Like 3

There is a chain stunning, but it isn't that easy to do and it technically has an end, so it isn't a chain stun. If you use a pocket knife on Jason and wait for the right time, you can stun him immediately after the pocket knife animation. Of course, you need a specific timing and it isn't really a chain stun, but it still is efficient in buying your team more time. 

There's a fraction of a moment that Jason is vulnerable to chain stunning, or being stunned 2 or more times consecutively without the ability to prevent or interrupt the sequence. The window is there when Jason comes out if being immune but is still locked in to the animation for just a sliver in time.

The pocket knife sequence being the most obvious. Pocket knives have primarily become a means to a follow up attack. Players aren't using them to disarm or get away, they're a surefire set up for a melee attack. I can't even tell you how often it is now that people get out of his grasp, turn around and go in to combat stance for that next strike.

And yes people have mastered this but it has nothing to do with a players level.

The longest chain stun I've experienced is pocket knife to fire crackers to bat. 3 consecutively initiated stuns delivered by a (roughly) level 40 kill squad. I had my mask removed in the process. 

I would say that with the degree of precision required to really carry it out I don't consider it an "exploit". It's one of those things that can be infuriating but not an exploit. 

If developers address this, like they're addressing doors, I would support it if it pushes the game's primary goal for counselors as being escape.

I keep saying over and over that Jason needs to be given some sort of a grapple move for when he's on his back after being knocked down. Because you shouldn't be having people wanting to approach Jason. Would easily deter a lot of tea baggers and multi-tag teaming on him.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Zentorno said:

I keep saying over and over that Jason needs to be given some sort of a grapple move for when he's on his back after being knocked down. 

iB1ObCG.gif

Getting stun after a pocket knife is incredibly cheap. There is no way for Jason to deal with that. An objective can get fixed easily this way and buy counselors much more time.

People complain about door combat, but there is a way out for Jason and render that useless against him.

The only chain stunning I've seen is after a consumable (pocket knife, flare gun, shot gun stun) followed by a quick stun after the recovery animation.  I've never seen a melee stun followed immediately by another melee stun (not saying it can't happen, just saying I've never encountered it).

Less than 400 in-game on PC at this moment- lowest I’ve seen for this part of the day. 

I wouldn’t even bother playing unless you have a private game going.

9 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Less than 400 in-game on PC at this moment- lowest I’ve seen for this part of the day. 

Yeah it's been dipping lately to the lowest numbers I've ever seen. Just over 500. Sub 400 is bad. 

12 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I don't think the low player numbers are because you can hit Jason when he's recovering from a pocket knife.

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

I don't think the low player numbers are because you can hit Jason when he's recovering from a pocket knife.

Just a seasoning in the rich stew of reasons people are abandoning this game.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Just a seasoning in the rich stew of reasons people are abandoning this game.

Exactly.

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

Exactly.

I haven't seen this many people leaving since the Trump administration.

12 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I haven't seen this many people leaving since the Trump administration.

Lawbreakers.

Still there's a lot of >>SMART<<< ppl who keep saying, "why don't u block? herp derp"
dude, come on play as Jason and u figured out whats going on inside the game right now

its just ridiculous the amout of stuns jason can get, one after another, agains weapons that never break

• Like 2

Chain-Stunning, does not exist. But, Double-Stuinning, does, you can double-stun Jason, with Fire Crackers, when Jason, puts his hand down throw another pack, and then boom he’s stunned again, and the PK double-stun, is pretty self explanatory already. 

The main reason I personally don’t like the PK double-stun, is because it’s a cheap shot for a de-mask, and Sweater Stun, but if I just get hit for no reason then I’m not bothered by it. 

- Dead Meme 

10 hours ago, pro5pt0 said:

Smh, nothing you mentioned is an exploit. It’s the current state of the game, deal with it.

Bad luck at the fuse getting glitched, yea sure that was the person playing the counselors fault. ?

Getting stunned? Learn how to use block. Thread title should be “Level 150 players kicking my ass, etc”

Also, the next time you write a story like this try not to sound so rustled.

Since you want to mouth off, I’ll go ahead and correct you. First of all, like I said, I was glitched so I couldn’t enter combat mode and block. Did you not think about that before your snarky response? Furthermore, how is Jason supposed to block when he grabbed somebody, did you think about that? Next time I grab someone, I’ll just block the counselor who swings at me, ok. So your little advise is not applicable. That’s one.

Two, like i said, I was chain stunned, meaning the counselors EXPLOITED (yes) the stun and timed it so they hit me just as I came to. At no point could I move, much less enter combat stance and press block. So next time I’m stunned, I’ll politely tell the game “no” and use block to get out of it, ok. That’s why it is, factually, an exploit by definition; they exploited a mechanic of the game. So your big solution to block doesn’t apply, again, but thanks for the illuminating display of snarkiness and lack of perspective, I appreciate it. Rustled enough for you?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1