i love this game, dont get me wrong, but theres something not right in it. Jason its not scary because theres no hiding factor in the game at the moment and fight back its the only option. in a game like this, fight back should be the hardest option not the easiest. So i would really appreciate if sense gets completly reworked in a way that jason can no longer pinpoint where you are but just gets a tip of where you could be. i think jason its not a threat if hes chasing you, but only when hes shifting, so i would love to see a jason that can actually outrun counselors without needing teleports, replace shift with a sprint rush instead. and if you think that this will make chasing a car impossible i mean the car its supposed to be impossible to chase :\ you should focus on objective control instead. as a counselor i think that too much bullying and fighting back ruins the experience, from the jason prospective you just find someone with sense and try to grab him with your extremly embarrassing grab hitbox before he hits you and you get stunned for 20 seconds, is it fun? no. i tried in a private match to toggle off the music and jason couldnt use sense, that was intense and funny as fuck! :D

and also the fear system its cancer, if you are being chased by jason you cant enjoy it because your screen colors start becoming purple its not funny its annoying, try to watch being chased by jason at 0 fear and then try to being chased at 100 fear, you cant even see a color, how am i supposed to feel scary if i cant see colors? its not enjoyable.

jason should be a chaser, not a teleporting snail, Gun rework your chasing, sense and fear system because its trash, comment your ideas below if you like!

• Like 1

Illfonic are the ones who do the gruntwork on this game. Also you can hide in closets, tents, outhouses and under beds. Escape is also an option. Also search function.

if you hide you are basically a free kill, im a level 106 im not a noob of the game, escape should be the easiest option and not witch hunting the killer, come on man!

12 minutes ago, Alboss said:

i love this game, dont get me wrong, but theres something not right in it. Jason its not scary because theres no hiding factor in the game at the moment and fight back its the only option.

Hiding is very much a part of the game.

14 minutes ago, Alboss said:

... so i would love to see a jason that can actually outrun counselors without needing teleports, replace shift with a sprint rush instead. and if you think that this will make chasing a car impossible i mean the car its supposed to be impossible to chase ?

Most Jasons in the movies did NOT run. They teleported with magic movie dust to be where they needed to be for the sake of the story. The premise is much the same in the game. Abilities are there to create that experience that he CAN be anywhere despite the fact he isn't all that fast. If he can't stop the car, then there is no point in it being an objective.

17 minutes ago, Alboss said:

...you get stunned for 20 seconds, is it fun? no.

Stuns range between about 5-7 seconds. I think you're being a bit dramatic. Chain stunning certainly needs to be removed though.

18 minutes ago, Alboss said:

... the fear system its cancer, if you are being chased by jason you cant enjoy it because your screen colors start becoming purple its not funny its annoying, try to watch being chased by jason at 0 fear and then try to being chased at 100 fear, you cant even see a color, how am i supposed to feel scary if i cant see colors? its not enjoyable.

The edges of your field of view darken at bit. If your having color issues you might want to check your cables/TV.

I havent colors issues with my monitor, the game when you are scared turns fucking purple

And no, hiding its not a part of the game, unless there is someone else near you, you cant hide

I agree with you overall that Jason isn’t scary, but No jasons shift should not be replaced. That’s the games mechanic in creating the jump scare effect of the films that the killer can surprise you at any moment. I do however think too many people rely on shift as a killing teqnique. Basically all undead Jason’s rely on this, hence why J7 is being reworked.

There needs to be more emphasis put on Stalk. That ability needs to be swapped with Sense, and it needs to last twice as long.

hiding is a viable option, early game. I do it all the time, but replaceming Sense with Stalk would allow for early game hiding in other areas and not just beds.

This topic has been discussed many times, but I encourage this, so to get the developers attention on the matter

1 minute ago, Alboss said:

And no, hiding its not a part of the game, unless there is someone else near you, you cant hide

I do it all the time. Best time to use it is in the first 10 minutes of the game.

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

I do it all the time. Best time to use it is in the first 10 minutes of the game.

I remember that time you hid, NERD! :sadchappa:

17 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I remember that time you hid, NERD! :sadchappa:

LaChappa can be a fat ninja at times. Just don't forget to close the window you entered if it's the phone house and the start of a match. ??

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Alboss said:

i love this game, dont get me wrong, but theres something not right in it. Jason its not scary because theres no hiding factor in the game at the moment and fight back its the only option. in a game like this, fight back should be the hardest option not the easiest. So i would really appreciate if sense gets completly reworked in a way that jason can no longer pinpoint where you are but just gets a tip of where you could be. i think jason its not a threat if hes chasing you, but only when hes shifting, so i would love to see a jason that can actually outrun counselors without needing teleports, replace shift with a sprint rush instead. and if you think that this will make chasing a car impossible i mean the car its supposed to be impossible to chase ? you should focus on objective control instead. as a counselor i think that too much bullying and fighting back ruins the experience, from the jason prospective you just find someone with sense and try to grab him with your extremly embarrassing grab hitbox before he hits you and you get stunned for 20 seconds, is it fun? no. i tried in a private match to toggle off the music and jason couldnt use sense, that was intense and funny as fuck! :D

and also the fear system its cancer, if you are being chased by jason you cant enjoy it because your screen colors start becoming purple its not funny its annoying, try to watch being chased by jason at 0 fear and then try to being chased at 100 fear, you cant even see a color, how am i supposed to feel scary if i cant see colors? its not enjoyable.

jason should be a chaser, not a teleporting snail, Gun rework your chasing, sense and fear system because its trash, comment your ideas below if you like!

Yeah , Jason should not rely on shift to catch someone , it should only be used to quickly traverse the map.

21 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Yeah , especially if you spawned at the phone house , you will have enough time to hide before he gets sense. It should be noted though , that crouching to there is smarter , since he could see the Sound blips.

Sorry for double-posting.

Edited by The Wolf with that Toast
double-post realization