1 hour ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Wife & 2 kids. 1 boy, 1 girl. Both straight A students and my son is nearly at Eagle Scout rank.

No hassles. No mouth. Nobody telling me I can't do. 

That's kinda how life is when you get respect from your wife and kids.........and you have some balls.

Don't hate on me cause your life sucks, brah.

And I don't need a Brother Nero.     

Bingo and kudos for raising fine children. Funny how my three year old daughter has way better comprehension and manners than most of the children in our area, and way better than some people on these forums.

52 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

In all seriousness, maybe just be more careful/selective about when you choose to play?

If you know they might be coming home, just don't start up a game of F13. Play something else?

I sometimes try to squeeze in some game time while my 6 month old twins are sleeping and the wife is out. But I tend to stick to offline games because I know I might be pulled away at any moment.

Bingo! You do what you have to as a father to make shit work out.

4 minutes ago, Left2Right said:

Okay now this post is an low key flame war.

There's nothing low key about it. 

And "low key" works better when said not typed. 

1 hour ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

I'm not allowed to play this whenever my girlfriends kid is home because it's "scary".  So I was hosting and was Jason (had a dude talking major shit to me), and my girlfriend and her kid come home early.  I have to quit and end it for e everyone or get yelled at. This type of situation worries me with the salt mines. 

First off, the Salt mines are probably gonna be much less of a worry than most people think.

Second, you gotta get your shit organized. Get out of the living room. When they walk into the house, use the words "I'll be there in minute" and close the door. It works every time.

8 minutes ago, Left2Right said:

Okay now this post is an low key flame war.

Update must be coming soon. The fuck-it-dometer is pegged and the natives are getting rowdy. Sounds about like the normal flow of things here.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Update must be coming soon. The fuck-it-dometer is pegged and the natives are getting rowdy. Sounds about like the normal flow of things here.

giphy.gif

Lol, I was in the middle of cooking and noticed another thread about the salt mines so I dropped by for a pinch or two of that tasty mineral so many people love to exude. I think you may be on to something though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Lol, I was in the middle of cooking and noticed another thread about the salt mines so I dropped by for a pinch or two of that tasty mineral so many people love to exude. I think you may be on to something though.

It happens like clockwork. Optimism, impatience, apathy, hostility.....and release. Start it all over again until next patch.

• Like 1

I believe you have to earn a bunch of salt before you get thrown in the salt mines, so if you only leave one game than continue to play matches you will lose the salt you gained.

3 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

It happens like clockwork. Optimism, impatience, apathy, hostility.....and release. Start it all over again until next patch.

Yeah, you make an excellent point there lol.

I appreciate the helpful posts lol.  Unfortunately, we live in an 800 sq ft condo, so our space is limited.  I usually back out when it starts a lobby for me when it can't get me in an established lobby, but it filled up quick and I felt like a jerk for ending it.  I thought I had a good hour before they'd show up but I was vastly wrong lol. 

2 minutes ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

I appreciate the helpful posts lol.  Unfortunately, we live in an 800 sq ft condo, so our space is limited.  I usually back out when it starts a lobby for me when it can't get me in an established lobby, but it filled up quick and I felt like a jerk for ending it.  I thought I had a good hour before they'd show up but I was vastly wrong lol. 

Setting my thoughts on your relationship aside, couldn't you have just switched the input on the TV, and let the game run with you AFK?

8 minutes ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

You’re hilarious. Why is this our problem? Enjoy the salt.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Setting my thoughts on your relationship aside, couldn't you have just switched the input on the TV, and let the game run with you AFK?

I was Jason

5 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

You chose to read the thread and respond so I don't know, you tell me. 

Just now, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

I was Jason

And?

Letting them escape or kill you would have been better than getting the salt you seem so worried about.

5 minutes ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

You chose to read the thread and respond so I don't know, you tell me. 

First world problems are funny. ?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

i think this Salt Mines thing is a horrible idea.  It reminds me of the Bad Sports system of GTA O.    Sure it will snag a lot of annoying players, but it will also be used against cool players.  Also, theres bound to be problems with it..  No doubt in my mind, tons of complaints are gonna fill up this.

Can't help but think.  Why not use the same type of Lobby System as L4D hosting.  Its just so much simpler.

Let players chose to HOST or JOIN Lobby.

Let HOST swap between private/public lobbies/invite only,  when hosting.

Let HOST kick anyone they want from a Public Game lobbies

^If it was like that.  I could probably care less if they ever added dedicated servers or the Salt Mines.   Id just run my own public hell hole games a Camp Crystal Lake Dictator.

Not sure why so many people feel the need to be dicks in this thread but I'll leave that for now. As to the Op's original question if you are unable to finish the match properly( which seems likely as you are living in a small space and it'd be hard to keep the kid out of the room) the best suggestion I can think of is mute the T.V., morph to the water and let them escape. Than shut the game off after the match ends. Going afk would work. But you'd have games going with the team being a person down. I'm also skeptical of the salt mines. Both do to connection drops and to be honest not being convinced it won't be a buggy mess that will fail to work properly. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Wife & 2 kids. 1 boy, 1 girl. Both straight A students and my son is nearly at Eagle Scout rank.

No hassles. No mouth. Nobody telling me I can't do. 

That's kinda how life is when you get respect from your wife and kids.........and you have some balls.

Don't hate on me cause your life sucks, brah.

And I don't need a Brother Nero.     

You sound like a jerk. Its pretty amusing though. Tossin around "bros" and "dont let a woman control you" insults at a guy for respecting a parents wish about what their child consumes.

You are the kind of person who feels a need to talk shit on the internet, which is always good for a laugh. Thanks for that. Your try hard made my evening. I needed a chuckle.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

You sound like a jerk. Its pretty amusing though. Tossin around "bros" and "dont let a woman control you" insults at a guy for respecting a parents wish about what their child consumes.

You are the kind of person who feels a need to talk shit on the internet, which is always good for a laugh. Thanks for that. Your try hard made my evening. I needed a chuckle.

Correction: I sound like a jerk with a good life, a great wife, awesome kids and nobody telling me what I can and can't do in my own house.

He's not bitching that his girlfriend doesn't want her child "consuming" (as you put it) this game. He's bitching because he doesn't wanna be in the Salt Mines for quitting games and he's using his girlfriend and her child as an excuse to be an exception. Too fucking bad.

To be clear, I used "brah" to sound like a complete asshole and accomplished my goal and I'm the kind of person who don't need an internet connection to talk shit, it's just the only way I can talk shit to this guy since he's not my neighbor.

Glad you had a good laugh, btw. His post gave me my mine.

Everything @BrokenFattHardy has said in this thread is 100% right. That dude should kick his girl and her annoying little killjoy of a kid to the curb and host 24/7 F13 games at his crib with hot college bitches running around topless.

Thank you, good night.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Everything @BrokenFattHardy has said in this thread is 100% right. Thank you, good night.

aBB62or.gif

(I see Dolemite went in and edited his comment, AFTER I posted this, to include the "kick his girlfriend out" and "host 24/7 games". Seems like a move made purposefully to make it seem as if I agree with that. I don't. The quote attributed to him in this post is his ORIGINAL offering before the edit. For those that think posts can't be edited without showing "Edited" , explain how I edited this without it showing.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Correction: I sound like a jerk with a good life, a great wife, awesome kids and nobody telling me what I can and can't do in my own house.

He's not bitching that his girlfriend doesn't want her child "consuming" (as you put it) this game. He's bitching because he doesn't wanna be in the Salt Mines for quitting games and he's using his girlfriend and her child as an excuse to be an exception. Too fucking bad.

To be clear, I used "brah" to sound like a complete asshole and accomplished my goal and I'm the kind of person who don't need an internet connection to talk shit, it's just the only way I can talk shit to this guy since he's not my neighbor.

Glad you had a good laugh, btw. His post gave me my mine.

Oh im not saying he shouldnt talk to her about it, but its her kid. He is simply putting her and the kid above gaming, which isnt such a bad thing. It doesnt mean he is letting his lady boss him around so much as it means he is respecting her parenting choices and places more value on having them over than gaming.

I agree he will have to put up with it when the salt mines hit and no sense complaining about it, you're right, but he does also have a point that every rare once in a while quitting isnt such a bad thing. He ought to just talk to her about it and use headphones to play though, i'm with ya.

I am glad you have a good life, but it certainly seems odd that you needed to jump into some guys thread just to antagonize and insult him. Usually people who do that dont enjoy their life as much as they let on. 

Either way, you felt compelled to belittle some stranger on the internet when there are plenty of folks posting way dumber threads than his. I hope it was worth it.

Doesnt really matter though. At the end of the day he should talk to her about it and they can come up with a solution together.

Anyway, take care.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Everything @BrokenFattHardy has said in this thread is 100% right. That dude should kick his girl and her annoying little killjoy of a kid to the curb and host 24/7 F13 games at his crib with hot college bitches running around topless.

Thank you, good night.

Or at the very least lay the law down in his castle. She comes to visit and brings her child sounds like it is his place not hers. Headphones and tell the little one to go play with his toys if he wants to compromise, or just lay the law down. Pretty simple solution. But I have a feeling it was exactly what some of us think. Ever since the announcement of salt mines we have been flooded with evey excuse in the book and constant asking of questions there are answers to. People ignore the answers or get pissy about them and constantly have a counter or excuse as to why they should be able to quit. Shit does get old doesn't it?

• Like 3