8 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I’m confused. Is Jason invulnerable during this grab animation?

There is a small window of invulnerability frames where just after the counselor gets snatched into his hand he can't be interrupted until he finishes the animation for lifting them up.

I honestly like the new grab. It prevents Jason from twirling like a ballerina and I think it looks so much more terrifying. The new grab may cause gameplay issues, but then again use your grab wisely. It also explains why his grab radius is so long... I can get grabbed from ridiculous distances sometimes.

9 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

There is a small window of invulnerability frames where just after the counselor gets snatched into his hand he can't be interrupted until he finishes the animation for lifting them up.

Wow, he does?! Was this confirmed? If so, this will help against groups, and Dou’s. 

9 hours ago, Buddy489 said:

I honestly like the new grab. It prevents Jason from twirling like a ballerina and I think it looks so much more terrifying. The new grab may cause gameplay issues, but then again use your grab wisely. It also explains why his grab radius is so long... I can get grabbed from ridiculous distances sometimes.

The grab range isn't long at all, and it also isn't wide. Very easy to dodge.

On 5/6/2018 at 3:50 PM, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

If they added the new "counselor stance", why can't they re-add the counselor animations from the beta?

Whoever added the "Confused" reaction, it really isn't confusing. The movements that counselors and Jason made during the Beta need to at least get re-added sometime during this year. It seems unrealistic for counselors to turn around magically without moving their body whatsoever. Bet this will also receive another "Confused" reaction. sigh

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

The grab range isn't long at all, and it also isn't wide. Very easy to dodge.

Yea, defiantly not as bad as some players exaggerate it to be, It's in a good place in the current patch.   When I feel daring, if the Jason is holding block, I'll run circles around him, when he attempts to grab and when you hear the wiff sound, CS swing at him. :lol:

1 hour ago, Dead Meme said:

Wow, he does?! Was this confirmed? If so, this will help against groups, and Dou’s. 

It's been that way since launch last May. 

9 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

It's been that way since launch since last May. 

Oh, well that’s good to know. 

13 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

This is an issue?

I like the new unique poses the characters have. You could actually see AJ's pose at the end of this gif here:

Even though the poses aren't a big deal, I think they're pretty cool 

5 hours ago, Dead Meme said:

You can try it. The very moment that Jason's grab makes contact, there's a certain frame of time where he's lifting the counselor up into the air, before the kills become available to select. It might only be for one particular type of grab animation, as there are different ones. But in this particular frame of time he cannot be hurt at all and you can't free anyone from his grip.

36 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

This is an issue?

It's kind of a "non-issue" in a way, but it makes for BS moments where you try to swing at Jason to save a teammate and it does nothing even though it made legitimate contact.

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

I guess I can see that. As it stands, there are so many of those moments for both counselors and Jasons. I was surprised by the focus on one particular moment of invulnerability. Regardless of moments that make no sense, the combat is complete garbage for both sides. Apparently the update is supposed to help but we’ll have to wait to see.

I should mention I support some invulnerability frames during a grab. There has to be some moments in the game where an undead, killing machine can’t be stunned. The stun-a-thons are bullshit. Some form of group attack for Jason would help- I’d be fine with no invulnerability then.

59 minutes ago, Qcici said:

I like the new unique poses the characters have. You could actually see AJ's pose at the end of this gif here:

Even though the poses aren't a big deal, I think they're pretty cool 

I love the new character poses! Looks like the poses the counselors had in their concept art. 

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

I should mention I support some invulnerability frames during a grab. There has to be some moments in the game where an undead, killing machine can’t be stunned. The stun-a-thons are bullshit. Some form of group attack for Jason would help- I’d be fine with no invulnerability then.

Then say that during that time frame I mentioned he can be hit and let go of the counselor but can't be stunned. Semi-invulnerability. Just interrupt it without doing damage or stunning I guess.

13 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Then say that during that time frame I mentioned he can be hit and let go of the counselor but can't be stunned. Semi-invulnerability. Just interrupt it without doing damage or stunning I guess.

I’d be fine with that myself. If it were like that the onus would be on the counselor to immediately juke or Jason to immediately slash/grab, which would be skill based and I’m for those kind of situations.

Overall, I want to see less stunning or some comparable for counselors (like lengthening the amount of time it takes to use a med spray). Early on, when you were stunned and then someone tried to stun you again it would unstun you- despite being a bug, I thought that was fair. I think it would help with the stun parties.

To be frank, even if the new grab did somehow make Jason more vulnerable to being hit, I don't really know if this would be gamebreaking. Jason already is vulnerable if he screws up a grab, and the block+grab combo doesn't look like it's in any real danger here either. Furthermore, if hit boxes were far more reliable thanks to the game engine update, it might actually be a necessary balance change.

At the very least the new grab looks cool as well as intimidating, so I'm definitely willing to give it a shot for the cool factor.

Stop nerfing Jason please, no one is going to be main Jason anymore.
Jason is weak already, we don't need that, come on!

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I’m afraid it is the opposite. Jason’s lift animation is the best possible time for grab saves, because once the kills light up, Jason hits Choke and the counselor is dead. You should always hit during the lift animation. 

There is no invulnerability during the lift however sometimes a grab save will not register. Even a clean hit where you definitely hit Jason and not the counselor instead. No one knows why. Just like sometimes Jason will skip the lift entirely, which we refer to as “instawalk”, since he can instantly walk upon grab (and thus avoid grab saves). Another unexplainable thing, and can’t be reproduced by Jason at will either.

Luckily, I already know instawalk is patched for the next update so at least that problem is gone (providing they have indeed fixed it).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

Luckily, I already know instawalk is patched for the next update so at least that problem is gone (providing they have indeed fixed it).

Where did you hear that this was fixed?

2 hours ago, Lexandremon said:

Stop nerfing Jason please, no one is going to be main Jason anymore.
Jason is weak already, we don't need that, come on!

Nobody is a Jason main...you play counselor 90% of the time. You may have a Jason preference but you are not a Jason main because you’ll play him maybe twice a night if you’re that lucky. You can’t say it is a nerf and we have yet to see it in action.

55 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Where did you hear that this was fixed?

No public announcement, but you can take my word it is.

1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

No public announcement, but you can take my word it is.

I will, I'm just wondering if you heard it from a dev or are assuming it is fixed because the grab itself is changing and you understand the mechanism behind the bug or something like that.

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I will, I'm just wondering if you heard it from a dev or are assuming it is fixed because the grab itself is changing and you understand the mechanism behind the bug or something like that.

From a dev.

23 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

20 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

From a dev.

If I remember right, @Tommy86 is one of Pappus’ goons. Pappus somehow weaseled himself and other helicopter pilots in training into a private Discord with a developer from IllFonic. That’s my guess. ;)

6 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

If I remember right, @Tommy86 is one of Pappus’ goons. Pappus somehow weaseled himself and other helicopter pilots in training into a private Discord with a developer from IllFonic. That’s my guess. ;)

Goons? That’s rich. No idea why you are choosing to attack me on here but whatever man. It’s not like you’ve ever contributed anything valuable here despite your thousands of posts.