4 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Well as far I know QA (Quality Assessment) is for discover bugs. So that means that if they are testing and trying to discover bugs right now they must have everything pretty done. Or I am being too positive? xD

They are probably very close, but I wouldn't get too excited about it. There could be any number of issues that come up before they are ready to ship.

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

When I'm chasing one person alone in the woods, hardly do I ever miss. Must be because I always wait until I'm basically grinding on them like a guedo at a night club before I try to grab. So many people still trying to grab from the next county over.

In that situation they will run around you or to the sides to juke the grab, or just attack you with swift attacker if you're close enough. Even blocking isn't reliable, I can't even count how many times I've been stunned like that even with my guard up. Even the counselor expressed surprise once because he saw that I was clearly guarding.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

When I'm chasing one person alone in the woods, hardly do I ever miss. Must be because I always wait until I'm basically grinding on them like a guedo at a night club before I try to grab. So many people still trying to grab from the next county over.

This is very true, majority of Jasons have bad judgement on grab range. Using basic strategy, range doesn’t even matter for anything but Shift Grabs, you pressure counselor stamina and/or health with knives till they are forced to hit you to regain it / buy time, at which point you block during swing start up immediately followed by grab. All close range so you are guaranteed to pick them up.

I am curious to see how the new grab animation will work with Shift however.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

In that situation they will run around you or to the sides to juke the grab, or just attack you with swift attacker if you're close enough. Even blocking isn't reliable, I can't even count how many times I've been stunned like that even with my guard up. Even the counselor expressed surprise once because he saw that I was clearly guarding.

Well maybe it's because I have a good connection and always well over 100fps on my rig but whenever I miss a grab I know it's because I screwed up. Sure if you're on PS4 playing at 40fps I can see a problem occurring but that's a hardware issue, not the game's fault.

7 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Shifty said that everything they have announced (which, given that they haven't announced anything since Victoria, there is probably nothing left outside of possible paid DLC) is done and they're just in the testing, polishing and then certification phase.

I know, that's why I say they are probably very close to launch the update.

PD: By the way, I wonder what happened to the pajama pack that was leaked a while a go. I mean, it was obviously real since it showed some kills of the SP challenges before the video was released.

I imagine any paid DLC will be the last thing they announce. As for how close they are to launching the update, "very close" is relative. We've already waited 3 months, they could take another just to polish and release it.

5 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

They are probably very close, but I wouldn't get too excited about it. There could be any number of issues that come up before they are ready to ship.

I hope anything wrong show up that could delay the update. In the bright side, if everything come along good, maybe they could even release the update earlier.

58 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Well as far I know QA (Quality Assessment) is for discover bugs. So that means that if they are testing and trying to discover bugs right now they must have everything pretty done. Or I am being too positive? xD

QA (Quality Assurance) builds are a normal part of the development process. It's always happening. The development team fixes bugs, adds new content and features then releases a build for QA to test. The QA team verifies that the bugs have been fixed and reports any new issues that they find. Then the process repeats itself.

There's really no way to know how far along they are in the process. We know all the content is in, but we don't know how many outstanding issues there are that still need to be addressed.

The problem with the new grab animation is that you cannot use the fake out grab. Its where you intentionally miss the grab to make them commit first. So when they think your in a vulnerable state, you move left to avoid the hit and gain the upper hand on them.

So because of the change, Jason has one less tool to play mind games with counselors. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Anonymous said:

That is terrible, Jason will be open to a free hit and they will just beat the shit out of you, change it back.

That is how it supposed to be. Jason can spam grab and can be untouchable. The only thing Jason cannot be punished is a missed grab. Now I am grateful.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, The Gunslinger said:

That is how it supposed to be. Jason can spam grab and can be untouchable. The only thing Jason cannot be punished is a missed grab. Now I am grateful.

You must be a counselor main.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I think it needs a bit less cooldown but it’s fine by me so far.. but yeah what everyone says, we need to see it in action

I’m just hoping they fix Jason’s swings and stuff so that he can fight counselor’s more reliably without missing for no reason or getting instantly hit back when a counselor takes damage

54 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

QA (Quality Assurance) builds are a normal part of the development process. It's always happening. The development team fixes bugs, adds new content and features then releases a build for QA to test. The QA team verifies that the bugs have been fixed and reports any new issues that they find. Then the process repeats itself.

There's really no way to know how far along they are in the process. We know all the content is in, but we don't know how many outstanding issues there are that still need to be addressed.

That's is not how it works at Illfonic. What Illfonic do is make a stable build (some kind like a beta)  and when it's ready,  they send it to Gun Media (their publishers)  so they can test it and discover bugs.  That's why Wes say is a QA build,  he was just testing it. Most of important bugs are fixed ( I remember Wes said that they found one bug that cause the showers in the bathrooms at Crystal Lake be the size of a car xD. 

Just now, bewareofbears said:

I have a bad feeling about this. ?

I get you... It looks cool and all but I think it has... too much cooldown I suppose? We just need actual gameplay first

1 minute ago, NekoJubei said:

I get you... It looks cool and all but I think it has... too much cooldown I suppose? We just need actual gameplay first

I agree, definitely need to see it in action. I worry it’s another situation where Jason’s stuck in an animation and it’s free hits for counselors. ?

3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I agree, definitely need to see it in action. I worry it’s another situation where Jason’s stuck in an animation and it’s free hits for counselors. ?

Looks like it ? counselors can probably get free hits when he whiffs a grab and quickly do a combat stance swing

7 hours ago, Anonymous said:

That is terrible, Jason will be open to a free hit and they will just beat the shit out of you, change it back.

It's technically not a "free hit",  because you missed  a grab... It's just like if you swing a bat the wrong direction it gives jason a grab opportunity.  It just makes you not randomly grab because you'll no longer be able to spin if you miss...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anonymous said:

You must be a counselor main.

I'm actually a "Jason preference" player, and I'm still grateful for this! It makes Jason players learn timing and skill instead of just "spam-grab, miss. Repeat". 

Even as a "Jason preference " I play as a counselor 6 times out of 7 and am constantly grabbed by pure luck because there is no cooldown to grab. 

My point is... win by skill, not luck. This is just my opinion and in no way am I saying that anybody else's is wrong. I just like to explain the reasoning to my opinions. 

Sorry for the double post^^?

Edited by VoorheesGt101
Realized I double posted
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Loading said:

The problem with the new grab animation is that you cannot use the fake out grab. Its where you intentionally miss the grab to make them commit first. So when they think your in a vulnerable state, you move left to avoid the hit and gain the upper hand on them.

So because of the change, Jason has one less tool to play mind games with counselors. 

Exactly, I totally agree! Great, now they nerfed his grab animation, Jason, Is going to be punished badly with the new grab, unless they make a few changes. But I doubt It, and me personally, will not enjoy the Grab Animation :sadchappa:

48 minutes ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

Even as a "Jason preference " I play as a counselor 6 times out of 7 and am constantly grabbed by pure luck because there is no cooldown to grab. 

Um...yes, there is. It is already a simple thing to punish Jason for a whiffed grab.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Um...yes, there is. It is already a simple thing to punish Jason for a whiffed grab.

Yep, believe what, Tommy, says. This man, Is a genius, when It comes to this game! He know’s, a lot of things that other don’t. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Wow, that looks mad punishable.  Not like spamming grabs/turn-around was a problem to begin with.  One less thing Jason can do, I wonder what fun things will the devs remove from Counselors. <_<

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Wow, that looks mad punishable.  Not like spamming grabs/turn-around was a problem to begin with.  One less thing Jason can do, I wonder what fun things will the devs remove from Counselors. <_<

All the Dev’s, do Is Implement, and fix the wrong things. They, think they're Improving the game, but all they did was make Jason, easier to punish for Counselors. Smh 

• Sad 1