ShiftySamurai

Update Status & First Look: Engine Update

@ShiftySamurai Will it be possible later on to choose a server based on which language you prefer?

As it is now, since I live in Europe, its really hard communicating with fellow councelors since a lot of them don't speak or don't want to speak english. This has severely impacted on the joy of playing the game. Before last update (I think), we could choose which game servers to play on, but now I´m stuck with the European servers, and despite having better ping, I'd prefer a  ping impact to not being able to speak properly with other players in quick play.

2 hours ago, ProfessionalBeefcake said:

So what was this then? Are we getting different hairstyles next patch then because that's not Jenny's regular hair.
oJge44u.jpg

WHAT!???

2 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We didn’t alter character models. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AdmiralJT said:

These are the things rational people with the slightest bit of common sense would think about.

So what that makes anyone else’s opinion on what you don’t consider rational is invalid?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am not saying that Jenny's hair doesn't need fixed because it does, but on the scale of things that really need fixing, it is on the lower end of the list. There are far more important things like car rubberbanding, counselor's hitting Jason through solid doors, weapons clipping through solid objects, hit box detection, combat mechanics etc.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

So what that makes anyone else’s opinion on what you don’t consider rational is invalid?

If people really think that the hair on one of the counselors is the biggest problem with this game they are truly hopeless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

I am not saying that Jenny's hair doesn't need fixed because it does, but on the scale of things that really need fixing, it is on the lower end of the list. There are far more important things like car rubberbanding, counselor's hitting Jason through solid doors, weapons clipping through solid objects, hit box detection, combat mechanics etc.....

4 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

If people really think that the hair on one of the counselors is the biggest problem with this game they are truly hopeless.

And those things are being worked on already with the new engine! That's the whole point of the new engine, it's supposed to update the game and fix many core problems that were seemingly impossible to fix. Or so I understood when they explained it the first time. We can expect all of those things to be fixed with the incoming update. 

There's no need to tear down our claim! All of it is valid and makes for a better game. We are specially mentioning her hair because back then it was said that graphics and animations would be improved. But now we see counselors look just the same. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Is it the biggest problem?no. Is it a problem? Yes. Besides anyone who can’t see how hideous that hair style is, truly is the HOPELESS one ?.

2 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Then you bring up those things, and let other people worry about cosmetics. Maybe then everything will get fixed. They aren't mutually exclusive.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Barbara Ann said:

And those things are being worked on already with the new engine! That's the whole point of the new engine, it's supposed to update the game and fix many core problems that were seemingly impossible to fix. Or so I understood when they explained it the first time. We can expect all of those things to be fixed with the incoming update. 

There's no need to tear down our claim! All of it is valid and makes for a better game. 

Jenny's hair issues don't impact the overall gameplay, all the things i have mentioned does, and it hasn't been confirmed if those things are going to be fixed in this update.

3 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Of course it isn't the biggest problem in the game, we're mainly concerned with things such as fixing Jason and the Counselor's hitboxes, but in terms of visual appeal with the counselors, Jenny is the biggest problem when it comes to the character models.

Just now, Official_Adam_W said:

Jenny's hair issues don't impact the overall gameplay

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, ProfessionalBeefcake said:

2. Dana Kimmell never objected to having Jenny be her knock off character. The hair is just trash because it's trash.

It might not be her decision alone or at all. I would imagine a producer or the studio would own her likeness. And from what we already know, rights ownership is very weird and convoluted.

1 hour ago, Barbara Ann said:

Honey, no one's saying she's to be turned into Chris Higgins! Never did I mention that.

All I'm saying is... Her hair makes me gag everytime I look at it. 

Sugar, forgive my assumptions; most everybody else says they want her hair to match Chris. And in fact it does, on top at least. That's the best they can do without changing her hair type. In her current style, her hair looks as good as the rest of them. I really don't see a problem with it. Maybe they can add a touch more volume.

Hair is hard to do. There's a lot of detail involved. 

1 hour ago, ProfessionalBeefcake said:

God fucking dammit I hate these forms having an image size limit and then not posting the fucking picture.

. 0GQlDsM.jpg

I have a feeling that big and long hair is/was too hard for them to pull off.

AJ comes close, but look at it, nobody in the game has big or long hair.

They probably should have done a press release about the status of the update weeks ago, but I guess it's good we got this now.

41 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

1.Why the removal of beta animations?

2. Will counselors with improper textures be fixed?

3. How will this update affect Xbox one in terms of fps since the console runs the worst?

4 . Will Jason’s hit boxes be fixed next patch?

5. Will counselors sharing the same screams and voice lines be fixed in the next patch?

6. Will the counselor hit boxes be fixed?

7. Will maps like the Jarvis house and Pinehurst be rebalanced?

8. Is there plans for a new system against exploiters and hackers on the pc version of the game?

9. Will the Xbox one x and PS4 pro versions of the game have textures packs?

10. (Most importantly) Will Adam’s LEGO hair ever be fixed?

Questions 4, 5, 6, 7, and 10 haven’t even been asked on this thread

Just now, Official_Adam_W said:

I am not saying that Jenny's hair doesn't need fixed because it does, but on the scale of things that really need fixing, it is on the lower end of the list. There are far more important things like car rubberbanding, counselor's hitting Jason through solid doors, weapons clipping through solid objects, hit box detection, combat mechanics etv.....

But people still have their personal issues they want to address. I agree that the thing you're addressing are important stuff, but the visual stuff is considered important by many as well. There are many reasons people play the game, and graphical (fluffy) issues might be just as important to some as your hard issues. All depends on which view one have.

1 minute ago, WashingtonJones said:

It might not be her decision alone or at all. I would imagine a producer or the studio would own her likeness. And from what we already know, rights ownership is very weird and convoluted.

Sugar, forgive my assumptions; most everybody else says they want her hair to match Chris. And in fact it does, on top at least. That's the best they can do without changing her hair type. In her current style, her hair looks as good as the rest of them. I really don't see a problem with it. Maybe they can add a touch more volume.

They don't even need to make it that long, just not so fucking flat to where it shapes her ayy lmao ass head. This is quite literally the biggest issue plaguing the game right now and it needs to be properly addressed. Her hair needs to be bigger.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

But sweetie, it's not just the length, it's just all of it. Also, I'd say Deb has the longest hair, that'd be an appropiate lenght, they only need to make it curlier. 

Also, notice how Victoria's hair is looking incredibly polished in comparison. It is possible to make it better! 

2 hours ago, NORMAL COAT said:

Questions 4, 5, 6, 7, and 10 haven’t even been asked on this thread

Not on this particular thread but in other posts.

2 hours ago, ProfessionalBeefcake said:

They don't even need to make it that long, just not so fucking flat to where it shapes her ayy lmao ass head. This is quite literally the biggest issue plaguing the game right now and it needs to be properly addressed. Her hair needs to be bigger.

I’d give this a thousand likes. They really did Jenny dirty ?. Ass head  I can’t breathe.

• Like 1

@ShiftySamurai

I’m going to need someone to explain to me what I’m looking at here. Just looks darker...

As well, I’m more concerned about bugs and glitches than whether something is darker or shinier. There’s that whole thing about polishing a turd... Maybe a video showing how the game is actually improved would have been a better choice.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BFizzle said:

"Ayy lmao ass head" sent me. ?

I know ??? I cant look at Jenny the same.

8 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

@ShiftySamurai

I’m going to need someone to explain to me what I’m looking at here. Just looks darker...

As well, I’m more concerned about bugs and glitches than whether something is darker or shinier. There’s that whole thing about polishing a turd... Maybe a video showing how the game is actually improved would have been a better choice.

Hey @bewareofbears I don’t know if  read all 10 pages but trust me your setting yourself up for disappointment.

Just now, Impactedmedal38 said:

Hey @bewareofbears I don’t know if  read all 10 pages but trust me your setting yourself up for disappointment.

I haven’t yet. Now I’m all curious... :lol:

4 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@ShiftySamurai

You can not see the changes right, because on youtube the videos lose quality.  I would like a video showing performance gain on the same hardware

Quality is better than quantity. Rather have something work right when it comes out than have it come out in a hurry and not function.