Sign in to follow this  
Deth_Hed

Question about Physical vs Digital

I was given a copy of the physical version the other day, as I do prefer having physical copies over digital (Meh, I'm an oldschool gamer... like having the cases of my games etc) and I had a look after installing it at the new counselor skin, as well as the light bloody skins for Jason. I was sent a invite to play by a friend... and the physical copy was shut down and then the digital loaded. Is there a clash between the physical installations and digital installations of this game?

Ahh, so there is a conflict between the two. I kinda guessed there was, but wanted another opinion. Cheers ^^

If you are on Xbox you can move the disc DLC to the same game folder as the digital copy and uninstall the disc and not have to have it in the drive. However, if you have the part 7 kills pack you will have to have that DLC uninstalled as there is a conflict with that file that uninstalls the DISC dlc. 

You can actually uninstall all the DLC that isn't from the disc since it's tied to your gamesave and avoid the uninstalling issue altogether. The disc DLC does need to remain installed at all times to remain available in game.

Apparently, on PS4 you cannot move the disc DLC to the same installation folder of the digital copy and loading from disc or digital and accepting invites can cause issues with the game shutting down because it does not know which version to load. The solution would be to keep the disc version only if you want the disc DLC on PS4. I'm not sure if there is a way on PS4 to have all the DLC at the same time.

___

None of this has been resolved by the devs and had to be figured out through trial and error.

4 hours ago, Deth_Hed said:

I was given a copy of the physical version the other day, as I do prefer having physical copies over digital (Meh, I'm an oldschool gamer... like having the cases of my games etc) and I had a look after installing it at the new counselor skin, as well as the light bloody skins for Jason. I was sent a invite to play by a friend... and the physical copy was shut down and then the digital loaded. Is there a clash between the physical installations and digital installations of this game?

No I own both physical and digital versions on the XBOX One and after installing the physical over the digital you don't need to start all over all you save data will be the same where you left off the only thing will be new installing in the bloody skins and new clothes for the counselors that comes with the physical version.