J.J.

How the fuck do you play Dead by Daylight?

I caught on too fast as a killer. I stopped paying attention to scratches and started using my ears. Once I hit someone I followed the blood trail. After killing a group of survivors that were at max level at level nine I was feeling good about the game and had reached level ten. While I was spending my blood points the team I had played against spammed my inbox with hate. It went on for an hour. I couldn't fucking believe it. I had to block them all. I don't know if they had underestimated me or what but they were pissed. I thought that was a hell of a way to treat a new player. I give tips to new players on Friday. I decided the game wasn't for me. It's still installed on my PS4 so my level 10 Huntress isn't going anywhere if I want to play. Problem is I'm kind of done anyway.  

37 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I caught on too fast as a killer. I stopped paying attention to scratches and started using my ears. Once I hit someone I followed the blood trail. After killing a group of survivors that were at max level at level nine I was feeling good about the game and had reached level ten. While I was spending my blood points the team I had played against spammed my inbox with hate. It went on for an hour. I couldn't fucking believe it. I had to block them all. I don't know if they had underestimated me or what but they were pissed. I thought that was a hell of a way to treat a new player. I give tips to new players on Friday. I decided the game wasn't for me. It's still installed on my PS4 so my level 10 Huntress isn't going anywhere if I want to play. Problem is I'm kind of done anyway.  

It was Dead by Daylight that made me prevent non-friends from posting messages on my Steam profile.

5 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

It was Dead by Daylight that made me prevent non-friends from posting messages on my Steam profile.

Yeah it was a special kind of stupid. I think that all the hate stemmed from me quickly realizing the best way to get everyone was to hook someone and then go hunting again but not too far from the person on the hook. The survivors seem to always try to rescue those who have been hooked. Run back slash everyone down and hook them again. I kept thinking "too bad I just can't waste them like in Friday" the hate mail just sealed the deal.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:33 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

Yeah it was a special kind of stupid. I think that all the hate stemmed from me quickly realizing the best way to get everyone was to hook someone and then go hunting again but not too far from the person on the hook. The survivors seem to always try to rescue those who have been hooked. Run back slash everyone down and hook them again. I kept thinking "too bad I just can't waste them like in Friday" the hate mail just sealed the deal.

I wiped two teams as Leatherface and Huntress by simply using the hooked person as bait. Leather can rev his chainsaw infinitely so when someone tried to run up behind my back, I'd buzz them down, but not pick them up. Once the other 3 were down, I hooked them and got a wipe. One person asked why I "camped", and I simply said "Because it works." Another, from the same game, called me a terrible player so I had to remind him that he's the one who lost, so he's the terrible player. The Huntress game I got a salt mail from a rank 15 or something talking trash that I caught them while guarding the hooked person, right next to the exits. I just said "The doors were open. You should have left." Then I blocked them. If you are the one who lost, YOU are the one who is the bad player.

This belief that camping a hook, even at the end, is not a valid tactic is childish. It's the equivalent of pallet looping and window hopping, in my opinion. I'm making you waste time saving your friend just like you're wasting my time chasing after your bunny hopping ass. Accept when you've been bested. Only time you can call someone trash for camping is if they camp each time they hook someone, and let the rest of the survivors fix the gens and escape.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Flyin_J said:

I wiped two teams as Leatherface and Huntress by simply using the hooked person as bait. Leather can rev his chainsaw infinitely so when someone tried to run up behind my back, I'd buzz them down, but not pick them up. Once the other 3 were down, I hooked them and got a wipe. One person asked why I "camped", and I simply said "Because it works." Another, from the same game, called me a terrible player so I had to remind him that he's the one who lost, so he's the terrible player. The Huntress game I got a salt mail from a rank 15 or something talking trash that I caught them while guarding the hooked person, right next to the exits. I just said "The doors were open. You should have left." Then I blocked them. If you are the one who lost, YOU are the one who is the bad player.

This belief that camping a hook, even at the end, is not a valid tactic is childish. It's the equivalent of pallet looping and window hopping, in my opinion. I'm making you waste time saving your friend just like you're wasting my time chasing after your bunny hopping ass. Accept when you've been bested. Only time you can call someone trash for camping is if they camp each time they hook someone, and let the rest of the survivors fix the gens and escape.

Exactly the whole game is based around the hooks.

18 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Exactly the whole game is based around the hooks.

I wish they would bring back the option to kill without hooking. Even at the cost of emblem points. If I can put down just one Survivor early, then it's one less that I need to deal with. Especially if that survivor is my Obsession or someone who runs around with a damn flashlight.