As far I know, counselors shouldn't be able to see Jason when he shift while they are driving, but they do. It's this intentional? There are some players that really abuse this and it's almost impossible to stop the car because they are always watching you and know in which side you are.

1 minute ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

As far I know, counselors shouldn't be able to see Jason when he shift while they are driving, but they do. It's this intentional? There are some players that really abuse this and it's almost impossible to stop the car because they are always watching you and know in which side you are.

Its fair game in my opinion,you never truly know where he is going to shift.Most experienced players know how to maneuver around Jason while in the car.

• Like 1

I don't think they "See" Jason, per se, but they try to predict where he is headed in his Shift movements.

5 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

I think it's kinda not fair lol, I've been in matches as Jason where the counselors will objective rush all the objectives, then they'll start the car and I can't stop them because they know where I'm shifting to as a result of the red tag on the mini-map. 

Just now, The Gloved One said:

Its fair game in my opinion,you never truly know where he is going to shift.Most experienced players know how to maneuver around Jason while in the car.

Of course you know it, because everytime you are going to shift to stop the car the counselors can see you in the minimap and they know in which side of the car you are going to try to stop it.

2 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

Now that the car seemingly doesn't exceed 15mph I think it's fair game.

Yeah talking about that, I think the speed of the car should adjust everymatch like, if there is a Jason with +Shift the car should be fast as his shift, but if there is a Jason with -Shift the car should be slower, same with the boat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Of course you know it, because everytime you are going to shift to stop the car the counselors can see you in the minimap and they know in which side of the car you are going to try to stop it.

Jason normally disappears after a few seconds for me when he goes into shifting .I say its fair game because he can go from the back or the front while shifting.

You can't adjust the vehicle speeds to fit the Jason that's being run. Aside from this probably being a coding mess, it would defeat the point of the plus's/negative's in water speed and to a lesser degree shift. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Why shouldn't counselors be able to see Jason when he shifts? He has the advantage already as it is. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

Jason normally disappears after a few seconds for me when he goes into shifting .I say its fair game because he can go from the back or the front while shifting.

Im talking about the minimap icon. Jason has an red icon that counselors see when they see Jason. While they are driving and Jason shifts, it's almost impossible stop the car because counselors can see him everytime he shifts and so they know in which side he is gonna try to stop the car.

37 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

You can't adjust the vehicle speeds to fit the Jason that's being run. Aside from this probably being a coding mess, it would defeat the point of the plus's/negative's in water speed and to a lesser degree shift. 

They lowered the car speed so Jasons with -Shift could reach the car too. So I don't think why this cannot be possible to give more dynamic gameplay to the game.

30 minutes ago, Pazuzu said:

Why shouldn't counselors be able to see Jason when he shifts? He has the advantage already as it is. 

Because if you see him, is almost impossible to him stop the car because you will always know where he is and in which side he is going to try to stop the car.

3 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Im talking about the minimap icon. Jason has an red icon that counselors see when they see Jason. While they are driving and Jason shifts, it's almost impossible stop the car because counselors can see him everytime he shifts and so they know in which side he is gonna try to stop the car.

They lowered the car speed so Jasons with -Shift could reach the car too. So I don't think why this cannot be possible to give more dynamic gameplay to the game.

Because if you see him, is almost impossible to him stop the car because you will always know where he is and in which side he is going to try to stop the car.

That's Jason's penalty for failing to prevent the car from being repaired. He has to now deal with trying to catch it. 

16 minutes ago, Pazuzu said:

That's Jason's penalty for failing to prevent the car from being repaired. He has to now deal with trying to catch it. 

Well that's unfair. Im detecting an counselor main.

12 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Jason can teleport, never tires, kills with a simple grab, is faster in water, has "infrared vision" and is indestructible without a special combination of sweater girl and Tommy Jarvis. If you find it unfair, you probably don't really know what you are doing as Jason.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Stalk...

Thank you! Stalk. Then morph close by, shift in to them from the side and then cancel shift in front or behind. Just hit the front of the direction they are headed so they never SEE it coming. If they see you, the red tracker appears on their mini map and they can evade you.

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

Stalk...

Most of times Stalk doesn't work since when you Morph they see you where you morphed until you actually put Stalk on.

6 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Did someone just let 2 fully loaded cars escape in 1 match?

You should go to another thread if you want an toxic discussion ;)

47 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Most of times Stalk doesn't work since when you Morph they see you where you morphed until you actually put Stalk on.

You activate Stalk before you Morph to where the counselors are. That way, they get no sort of indicator that you're around.

• Like 2

The victory can still be secured as long as you familiarize yourself with Jason's morph locations. For example, there are instances on Packanack Large where you can morph directly on the south road to stop a moving vehicle easily. Other spots drop you in the woods off-road. Crossing your fingers and hoping that the spot works is not efficient.

The driver may continue forward, reverse, stop in place completely, or try to mind game with driving forward/backward/halt scenario. This is why it is important to morph to a precise chokepoint that gives Jason leverage. Morph to a spot where your shift will be able to last long enough to immobilize the car from the front or rear as necessary.

Go into offline bots and practice morphing along the driving paths. Once you understand where the favorable morph spots are, you will be able to catch drivers off guard with a followup shift if you have to. Timing is important.  It won't always work, but you have to try.

1 hour ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

I thought so.

4 hours ago, Pazuzu said:

Bingo.

Jason starts off with most of the advantages. Only when the counselors begin to get things going, does Jason have problems. Basically Jason needs to kill, and kill fast, before shit gets fixed and he is at the hard disadvantage.

4 hours ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

And this is coming from a guy who plays as Jason as often as I can, in case you want to toss this line at me. 

• Like 1

If Jason is within line of sight when he starts a shift, his minimap icon is visible for about half the duration of that shift. This means you're not going to stop the car because they can weave around you. It's bullshit and should be removed.

12 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

This.

Not to mention there are perks to increase your car's speed. If you want to have a faster car then use them. 

Seems sometimes there are a lot of counselor's out there that are just not willing to give up certain perks, or try something new. 

16 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

If Jason is within line of sight when he starts a shift, his minimap icon is visible for about half the duration of that shift. This means you're not going to stop the car because they can weave around you. It's bullshit and should be removed.

I know right.

9 hours ago, DasMurich said:

This.

Not to mention there are perks to increase your car's speed. If you want to have a faster car then use them. 

Seems sometimes there are a lot of counselor's out there that are just not willing to give up certain perks, or try something new. 

There are some perks that are kinda useless since most of the time you will not have the chance to drive the  car and it will be just a waste of one slot. Don't know why they created things like Grease Monkey or this one. I feel like they could do better ones that actually change important gameplay like Marathon or Swift Attacker.