Flyin_J

Let's talk about "Zombies"

It's been a great while since a good "Zombie" movie or game has come out. What is your favorite "Zombie"-ish games or movies, comrades? Personally, the first Dead Rising was probably my favorite series of genuine "Zombie" games. I frankly have become irritated with the "Special" infected or types of zombie monsters in the current and previous generations of zombie games or movies. Not including Resident Evil, who makes the mutations work most of the time.

On 4/13/2018 at 6:51 PM, Flyin_J said:

It's been a great while since a good "Zombie" movie or game has come out. What is your favorite "Zombie"-ish games or movies, comrades? Personally, the first Dead Rising was probably my favorite series of genuine "Zombie" games. I frankly have become irritated with the "Special" infected or types of zombie monsters in the current and previous generations of zombie games or movies. Not including Resident Evil, who makes the mutations work most of the time.

I loved Resident Evil and RE2. Zombies Ate My Neighbors for SNES. I liked some of the Evil Dead games, namely one for the PS and one for XBox. Think it was Hail to the King and fistful of Boomstick respectively. Also Ressurection which had the little midget Sam. Dead Island was alright. Telltale's first Walking Dead is one of the best games I have ever played.

As for movies, George Romero's trilogy will always be my favorite zombie films. Lucio Fulci's Zombi 2 aka Zombie is probably number 2. The Evil Dead series is first for comedy, then Shaun of the Dead. There are a ton of films I would put in here:

Let Sleeping Corpses Lie

Return of the Living Dead

Zombie Holocaust

Night of the Creeps

Burial Ground(the incest scene still unnerves me)

The Dead Next Door

Braindead

Gates of Hell, aka City of the Living Dead

Tombs of the Blind Dead

Poultrygeist

I could go on, but I figure you get the big ones.

Zombies were a huge thing for me back in 2007. I even attempted to write a Zombie novel, but never finished it. I've seen some older zombie movies, and the reboot of Dawn of the Dead. I'm a bit critical about my Zombie stuff nowadays. If it doesn't fit Max Brooke's book, then...I don't consider them zombies. xD  Resident Evil did a good job with backround information on their t-Zombies, and 28 Days did a good job with their Rage Infected.

i love zombies, a few of my favorites include

Zombie 2

Night of the Living Dead [1968]

Dawn of the Dead [1978 ]

Day of the Dead [1985]

Land of the Dead

Diary of the dead

28 days later

Return of the Living Dead

Resident Evil [film and game]

Resident Evil Apocalypse

Resident Evil Extinction

Shawn of the Dead

as for games

Resident Evil Series, i love them all

Dead Rising , have not played 4 yet

Dying Light

Dead Island

Yakuza Dead Souls

2 hours ago, Ozzman123 said:

Dead Rising , have not played 4 yet

Dead Rising 4 is pretty neat. I played it for a bit, and it's pretty much DR3 slapped onto DR1, with some extra stuff.

Movies

• Romero Dead series- really like Day of the Dead for whatever reason
  • Return of the Living Dead 1-3
  • Zombi 2

Games

• Left 4 Dead 1 & 2
  • Telltale Walking Dead Seasons 1 & 2

There's more I dislike than I like when it comes to zombies.

Resident Evil is my favourite game of all time ... I love the game series, even the wonky ones like Resi 6.

Movie wise, the original Night of the Living Dead is my favourite, followed by the Dawn of the Dead remake.  I actually think the original Dawn of the Dead is overrated ... it sags in the middle and the slapstick humour at the end ruins the mood.

I can watch zombie stuff, but it really does kinda give me the creeps and I have a weak stomach for excessive gore lol. I enjoyed watching my older brother play the first 3 Resident Evil games probably more than playing them myself.

Back in the day I can't say how many zombies I took out in the NES Friday the 13th game, but it has got to be a really high number.

Just realized I forgot to name Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 as some of my favorite zombie games. Nothing like teaming up with 3 friends and blasting hordes of undead. Probably most replay value of any zombie game to me.

7 Days to Die is also fun with the right group. Otherwise its too tedious and monotonous. 

@PurpleFloyd I go back and forth between Night and original Dawn as my favs. I think Romero touched on a lot of issues about societal roles for men and women, as well as racism in his Dawn. Its a solid timepiece. Some of the stuff you dislike are taken out in Dario Argento's European cut if you have seen that version at all. Argento cut out a decent amount of film, changed the score in some area to make it more action-packed and have less Americanisms, like racism. Not saying its the answer for you or anything though.

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:01 PM, Flyin_J said:

Dead Rising 4 is pretty neat. I played it for a bit, and it's pretty much DR3 slapped onto DR1, with some extra stuff.

In a way yes; I found it to be far too easy compared to the previous 3 though. Being completely void of a timer system somehow made the game far too easy.

I would like zombies to appear in an offline Counselor Mode (or Private Matches), I get why a purist might be against this but anything that boosts interest and playability is worth the effort. Personally I think this side mode would be better than a lot of games attempts at zombies. Then atmosphere and mechanics are perfect for that kind of tension. It would be an awesome way to pay tribute to Romero, and nice nod at Savini. 

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17109-offlineprivate-counselor-mode-public-domain-property/

This would be my pick for best zombie game if it existed, as for movies I a fan of the original and remake (with Tony Todd) of Night of the Living Dead. White Zombie deserves an honourable mention as well, even if the zombie isn't a flesh eater and night of the Creeps is B movie gold. 

I heard WWZ 2 is in the making. Not that I liked it since it took the name of a great book, then shat on it with a ridiculous story that focused on only one person. Who wasn't even in the original novel.

I love Resident Evil 4 and I love the zombie maps on the first Call of Duty: Black Ops. As far as movies go, I'm a huge fan of White Zombie, Zombi 2, and Zombieland 

I never liked the zombies in CoD. Don't know why I never got into it. Maybe because it was a popular thing, and I don't like being part of in crowd. Even with video games. If someone asks me what I think of the CoD zombies, I usually say they suck compared to any other zombie game. Then again, it may be due to my hard criticism of unrealistic creation in zombie games.