Sign in to follow this  
TADAARAIS

Jason should be able to place Traps in Buildings.

Why not just kill them in the hiding spot? I feel being able to place traps right on windows is ridiculous enough, but inside might cause some salt to fly.

• Like 2

Not sure if you've ever seen a trap in real life, but to set one first you must dig a hole in the ground. So to set one indoors either Jason is going to have to pull up the floor of the cabin, or leave it sitting out like the counselor traps witch won't do much good since everyone can see them .

• Like 1

Just now, Thatguyinktown said:

So, you're just going to make a thread for every little idea that pops in your skull?

What this isn't Twitter?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thatguyinktown said:

So, you're just going to make a thread for every little idea that pops in your skull?

And why not? As long as it's a good idea, it is valid.

• Like 4

Well counselors can set Traps inside cabins.

So why cant Jason set Traps ahead of time in hiding spots.

Just now, TADAARAIS said:

I agree with setting traps indoors. But I don't see the point in placing traps in front of hiding spots.

• Like 1

UUGHGH part 7 needs a buff, amirite? #relatable?

• Like 1

Just now, TADAARAIS said:

Counselors can also climb in windows, run faster, drive vehicles, lock doors, and disable traps.  Would you like Jason to do all of those as well?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Thatguyinktown said:

Counselors can also climb in windows, run faster, drive vehicles, lock doors, and disable traps.  Would you like Jason to do all of those as well?

Well obviously NO.

I Dont want Jason to do everything counselors do.

but your taking things to extreme.

Jason setting traps near the Radio to call Tommy inside of a cabin would be cool.

Jason setting a trap inside a pantry hiding spot would be sweet.

4 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

5 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

OP has created 2 new threads, both based on traps, in the last 15 minutes.  Let's spread these golden ideas out a little bit, shall we?

Wouldnt be sweet if Jason could set Traps by The sweater inside of the shack.

that way it would make it more difficult for counselors to get in and out quickly with the sweater once Jason is alarmed.

9 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

OP has created 2 new threads, both based on traps, in the last 15 minutes.  Let's spread these golden ideas out a little bit, shall we?

Plus there's already a thread somewhere for this.

7 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Sorry, I was eating Açaí (still eating, actually).

So, now I understand why you said that. Good ideas are welcome. Just not when you post them repeatedly.

25 minutes ago, TADAARAIS said:

Jason setting traps near the Radio to call Tommy inside of a cabin would be cool.

Why not smash the power box to the Tommy cabin and then place a trap in front of it? Indoor traps wouldn't blend in.  A pile of leaves on the floor of a cabin would be highly noticeable.

2 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Climb in windows: If part VII Jason could leap through windows the way he did in the movie, that would be pretty awesome and help make up for his deficiencies.

Run Faster: I would be cool if part IV Jason could book it a little faster. He's the only Jason I recall thinking has some real running speed going on in the films.

Drive Vehicles: Technically, Roy should be able to do this. But Roy's "shack" should probably just contain a watermelon with a wig on it and two liquorice strips for lips. So accuracy is probably not too big of a concern with Mr. Burns. Uber Jason was also able to drive in one of the Jason X books, but that's not something I like remembering.

Lock Doors: Sure. Why not?

Disable Traps: Yeah, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

As far as placing traps in buildings... Meh. The sorts of traps that Jason appears to be using appear to need to be buried first.

No i dont think Jason or Roy should Drive or do anything other than chase people and kill.

But Jason being able to place traps in buildings would stop people from Jumping in and out of windows or jumping around and distracting Jason.

Jason needs a counter weapon to stop the counselors from Jumping around in buildings.

Traps that dont have leaves around them in buildings in and around hot spot hiding places for counselors makes sense.

The only time I'd want to place a trap inside of the cabin is when you have a counselor looping tables and whatnot. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hokiehi said:

The only time I'd want to place a trap inside of the cabin is when you have a counselor looping tables and whatnot. 

Thats exactly what im talking about counselors that try to distract Jason or Jump in and out of windows and there is nothing Jason can do.

Or Counselors that run around Cabin tables trying to distract Jason while other counselors Fix the phone box or what ever.

17 minutes ago, TADAARAIS said:

But Jason being able to place traps in buildings would stop people from Jumping in and out of windows or jumping around and distracting Jason.

Pretty simple really. Place the trap OUTSIDE the windows... Or even better, don't let them distract you...

• Like 1

It is essentially a Bear Trap,  I think players playing as Jason should be able to place them wherever they want to, Just like the Counselors & Counselor traps.

• Like 4