GeneiJin

Selfish play in QP that annoys you.

Just a fun rant topic about types of selfish play you see that irritates you.

I hate seeing players holding more than one pocket knives.  There are few of them now, and you really only need one.  Unless you have a legitimate reason keeping a extra one (defusing trap at the fuse or everyone else in the lobby is a asshat and derping around not doing anything), be generous and donate one or trade with another counselor.  Don't be that guy that waits for Jason at the exit for him to grab you twice and then run for the cops. <_<

I play private mostly now, but I started primarily in QP for months. I always give up my knives, especially if someone is going for an objective without one. I totally hear ya on that, I used to get out in QP wondering where all the knives were. Until I'm watching someone in spectate who has 2-3, not doing anything productive for the team. Just kiting and eventually dying after their knives are gone. At least in private they kite so you can fix, it's every man (or woman) for themselves in QP. If I do play QP it's normally with at least one friend, we share items and try to work with anyone on mic.

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

I hate seeing players holding more than one pocket knives.  There are few of them now, and you really only need one.  Unless you have a legitimate reason keeping a extra one (defusing trap at the fuse or everyone else in the lobby is a asshat and derping around not doing anything), be generous and donate one or trade with another counselor.  Don't be that guy that waits for Jason at the exit for him to grab you twice and then run for the cops. <_<

I will admit that I mostly play like this, why? Because if I play like a team everyone in QP, will fuck me over later on, they will take advantage of me and my generosity. But on rare occasions, if I find an extra PK as Tommy, I’ll give it to another fellow kiter, and run the timer out with my temporary companion. 

When I find the car keys, I drop them at the nearest car (although not still fixed) increasing the chances for all that someone after fixing the car will start it (anf if lucky picks me up on the road home).

what annoys me are players thar pick up my dropped keys (sometimes right in front of me) and run away with it (to be later killed in the woods). I even called after someone to let them where they are, no reaction

• Like 4

The mindless masses in QP never cease to amaze me.. 

So, to answer your question:

Everything...

Everything that people do in QP annoys me.

;)

Cocky Vanessa players annoy me, they act like they have some skill when using the most OP counselor in the game. The strategy for me is I put just enough pressure on them to keep them from being effective if not completely ignoring them for the most part. I rarely use Vanessa but when I do...I always live/escape and it is a constant reminder of how freakishly OP she is.  Nerf Vanessa, Buff Jenny Gunmedia ffs. However with that being said....people who sabotage the car or boat after you've fixed it that also annoys me.

• Thanks 1

Holding on to items.

Last night I found a Battery at Packanack and carried it to the 2 seater as I got there an AJ showed up with the other battery and put it in. I took my battery up to the four seater where I met an Adam who had gas and keys. We started the car and took off we found the AJ near the 2 seater coming too us carrying a gas can. I told her to drop it and not get in the car, she got in with it. Jason stopped the car and 2 more counselors showed up. While I was distracting Jason Adam got the car started and the 4 jumped in and they drove off and escaped. The gas can, the fuse, and the other keys appeared on the shore across the map from the 2 seater.

There were 3 of us left but I wasn't able to get across the map twice to get the car fixed so the three of us ended up dead.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Holding on to items.

Last night I found a Battery at Packanack and carried it to the 2 seater as I got there an AJ showed up with the other battery and put it in. I took my battery up to the four seater where I met an Adam who had gas and keys. We started the car and took off we found the AJ near the 2 seater coming too us carrying a gas can. I told her to drop it and not get in the car, she got in with it. Jason stopped the car and 2 more counselors showed up. While I was distracting Jason Adam got the car started and the 4 jumped in and they drove off and escaped. The gas can, the fuse, and the other keys appeared on the shore across the map from the 2 seater.

There were 3 of us left but I wasn't able to get across the map twice to get the car fixed so the three of us ended up dead.

You have just described the quintessential QP experience.  I liken it to an episode of "Hoarders" crossed with "Teen Mom".

10 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Its survival of the fittest. Some are humane and want to help save others some are only looking to ssave themselves, just like irl, so i do not see why complain about it?

Th only thing that really grinds my gears is stupid people taking the fuse...they know they wont put it in, they know they cant put it in yet they still take it and ruin everyones elses game lol.

• Like 1

Just now, HateMe said:

Its survival of the fittest. Some are humane and want to help save others some are only looking to ssave themselves, just like irl, so i do not see why complain about it?

Th only thing that really grinds my gears is stupid people taking the fuse...they know they wont put it in, they know they cant put it in yet they still take it and ruin everyones elses game lol.

Yea, if you have any objective or task in mind, but you find other key components (keys, fuse, battery, etc) just drop it for others to do.  Same goes when you have the fuse and Jason shows up to stop you.  Just drop it when you can and kite him around.  Don't bring the damn fuse with you so other can't fix it while you're "distracting" Jason, and have them go to the other side of the map where you died <_<.  Same goes with the gas or battery.  They are not going to help you when you need to hit Jason.  I wanna shoot myself when I see a Chad running away from Jason with a battery, bringing it away from the car.

• Like 2

Leaving cabin doors unbarricaded.  I see this from time to time in private matches too.  Speed looters go through a cabin like the Tasmanian Devil, emptying all the drawers looking for pocket knives and health sprays while leaving objective parts behind and leaving the cabin doors wide open.  It's a good way to get your fellow counselors killed if they are trying to flee from Jason when he's hot on their heels.  You jump through the window and before you can get up, he waltzes right through the open front door and snuffs the life out of you. :angry:

• Like 7

I can relate with a LOT of these scenarios. Biggest ones for me are:

1. Taking the Keys or Fuse when they're sitting next to the objective.

2. People escaping alone (Tommy doing it is the biggest peeve)

3. Dumb characters putting in objectives when a smart character is right next to them.

4. People who have done nothing all game wanting a ride or stealing an objective you've fixed up by yourself.

5. People hiding the whole game

6. People waiting at an exit the whole game after cops are call.

7. Doors wide open.

8. People searching the same cabin as you.

9. People following you 

10. People bring Jason to you when there are other places to lead him.

• Like 8

Pick one.  Considering QP lobbies don't work together.  Im sure there are a million 

In lieu of the "leaving with the gas" scenario, I present its bastard cousin, "I can't drive out with this, better drop it at the exit". Only happens on maps where a shoreline spawn would put it right next to a car/boat, but the exit is across the map.

Personally, it's the people who raid campfires, spend the match dicking around in quadrant 4 while the other six play a match, then have a 3 minute match alone with Jason where they've got multiple pocket knives and a free stun every time he comes through a door.

1 hour ago, ThePunkPirate said:

8. People searching the same cabin as you.

9. People following you 

10. People bring Jason to you when there are other places to lead him.

There is a team aspect to this game. I have found survival easier when 2+ vs Jason then me lone wolf against Jason.. Give it a try sometime. Now if Jason shows up and the other player just runs off leaving you to die, then yeah, F him...

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

There is a team aspect to this game. I have found survival easier when 2+ vs Jason then me lone wolf against Jason.. Give it a try sometime. Now if Jason shows up and the other player just runs off leaving you to die, then yeah, F him...

Normally, this is true. But in quick play you're usually better off alone from my experience. Every once in a while you get that decent player following you, but it's usually a dumb ass Buggsy running around in his brick shoes just drawing attention to you. Then he dies (because the player had no business trying to fight Jason) and you're right there for a double kill.

The buddy system does work though, as long as you have the RIGHT buddy.

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

Normally, this is true. But in quick play you're usually better off alone from my experience. Every once in a while you get that decent player following you, but it's usually a dumb ass Buggsy running around in his brick shoes just drawing attention to you. Then he dies (because the player had no business trying to fight Jason) and you're right there for a double kill.

The buddy system does work though, as long as you have the RIGHT buddy.

This.

@badassgixxer05

Its all good to have a "battle buddy" or whatever you want to say, but in the first 5 minutes or so, you should be spreading out to gather objectives and fully explore the map. Early game for counselors should be prep and searching for objectives, not following someone like a lost puppy because you cant be bothered to loot a cabin by yourself.

Trust me I know this is a team game. I've been around for quite a bit. Don't assume I was mistaken with my statement. I know what I said.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

This.

@badassgixxer05

Its all good to have a "battle buddy" or whatever you want to say, but in the first 5 minutes or so, you should be spreading out to gather objectives and fully explore the map. Early game for counselors should be prep and searching for objectives, not following someone like a lost puppy because you cant be bothered to loot a cabin by yourself.

Trust me I know this is a team game. I've been around for quite a bit. Don't assume I was mistaken with my statement. I know what I said.

kk, i gotcha..

"Don't get in the car when I start it, he's right there, I won't be able to back up during the animation. Don't get in th-"

They get in the car. 

:huh: idk whether to chalk it up to stupidity or a language barrier. They'll do it a couple of times and bone whoever the poor soul is restarting the car.

1. Tommy coming back and escaping alone in a car or the boat or heading straight for the cops without helping anyone.

2. Anyone who watches someone fix an item and then steals their spot or drives off alone.

3. Noisy players (Buggzy/Vanessa) following me around as Tiffany or AJ.

4. Match starting and someone jumps into the cabin you're locking up and starts looting.

5. People who half loot houses or don't pick up the gas or battery.

6. People insisting they put the gas/battery/fuse in playing as Tiffany or Buggzy while I stand back as AJ and watch them balls it up and bring Jason right to us.

7. People who hide most of the match and when Jason shows up at the end they jump out of the closet with 2 pocket knives, firecrackers and a shotty.

8. When Jason grabs you with a few people around and they all scatter rather than try to help.

9. When you've fixed the car and somebody comes along with keys and drives off without you.

10. When someone puts gas or a battery in a 2 seater when the 4 seater is half fixed.

• Like 1

There's really not much selfish people in my QP Matches, I get the occasional trolls, but other than that im cool.

Usually one will give up his/her knife so I can get Jason tunnel visioning me, or when I go to get the sweater.

Rarely do I see selfish honestly, it's just people in Party Chat hating the selfishness too.

Why would I donate a knife when I’m going to be fucked over anyways? I keep however many knives I find because a lot of times I’m to sole survivor while playing Tiffany and I’ve got to kite Jason for an excess of 10 minutes...there is no reason to give anybody a knife unless you are Tommy and you find an extra knife or you are just that generous. I have been screwed over too many times by Jason teamers to trust anybody. A lot of time I feel like I get tunneled because I’m at the level cap and Jason feels like he has something to prove...look here Roy, when the car is brushing past you DON’T TUNNEL ME. Things that are annoying are

1. Jason tunneling the same distraction counselor for 10 minutes

2. Tommy taking another counselors spot on the car or boat

3. A low repair counselor putting in the fuse while Deborah is right next to them (although many times I’m forced to fix things with Tiffany because a lot of people in QP are hot garbage)

4. Somebody checking the SAME house I’m checking

5. Vanessa and Buggzy following me when I’m playing Tiffany

6. When somebody brushes past me with the car and has nobody in the car with them and doesn’t bother stopping

When Tommy keeps swinging at a kneeling Jason from behind, while screaming about how there's no "E" prompt.  :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Why would I donate a knife when I’m going to be fucked over anyways? I keep however many knives I find because a lot of times I’m to sole survivor while playing Tiffany and I’ve got to kite Jason for an excess of 10 minutes...there is no reason to give anybody a knife unless you are Tommy and you find an extra knife or you are just that generous. I have been screwed over too many times by Jason teamers to trust anybody. A lot of time I feel like I get tunneled because I’m at the level cap and Jason feels like he has something to prove...look here Roy, when the car is brushing past you DON’T TUNNEL ME. Things that are annoying are

1. Jason tunneling the same distraction counselor for 10 minutes

2. Tommy taking another counselors spot on the car or boat

3. A low repair counselor putting in the fuse while Deborah is right next to them (although many times I’m forced to fix things with Tiffany because a lot of people in QP are hot garbage)

4. Somebody checking the SAME house I’m checking

5. Vanessa and Buggzy following me when I’m playing Tiffany

6. When somebody brushes past me with the car and has nobody in the car with them and doesn’t bother stopping

All of the above is me.......all me.