Wasn’t there a patch balance where holding your breath doesn’t make noise once you start doing it?

I can hear Hiding counselors hold in breath and it’s incredibly loud. In fact I can hear them two rooms away, honestly I don’t see the appeal of hold breath unless your fear levels are off the roof. I pretty much kill them because they attempted to do so.

• Like 1

There was supposed to be one.. I can't seem to find the patch notes pertaining to it though..

Doesn't really matter considering that mechanic is beyond useless since your breath cannot be held long enough for Jason to leave your general vicinity.

The simple fact is that if you hold your breath you are dead.

they ought to just remove the mechanic or double the length of the meter before the counsellor will gasp. As is, it is easily the dumbest mechanic in the game. 

Hiding Anywhere is dumb enough, Since if Jason Comes inside your cabin, You are still going to die (Counselors Screaming)

And Hold Breath Mechanic is beyond useless, It pretty much tells Jason where the counselor is.

33 minutes ago, SmugDoka said:

Hiding Anywhere is dumb

No, it has its uses depending on the counselor you've choose.

2 hours ago, SmugDoka said:

Hiding Anywhere is dumb enough, Since if Jason Comes inside your cabin, You are still going to die (Counselors Screaming)

And Hold Breath Mechanic is beyond useless, It pretty much tells Jason where the counselor is.

Holding your breath is meant to PREVENT you from screaming. That's the entire purpose of it.

Don't hide in hiding spots I figured that out in the first couple of weeks of playing this game. 

It's a death sentence

Just now, T.W said:

Don't hide in hiding spots I figured that out in the first couple of weeks of playing this game. 

It's a death sentence

Not always. If used correctly, it will SAVE you.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, T.W said:

It's a death sentence

9 minutes ago, Truth said:

That's right. Spawning at the phone house, for example. 

If you DON'T BARRICADE the door, then dive under a bed or in a closet, chances are Jason won't find you. He'll just set his traps, smash windows and doors, and leave.  

12 minutes ago, Truth said:

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

If you DON'T BARRICADE the door, then dive under a bed or in a closet, chances are Jason won't find you. He'll just set his traps, smash windows and doors, and leave.  

I'll give it another shot some day. I never had any luck using  so I never bothered to use them

22 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

17 minutes ago, T.W said:

I'll give it another shot some day. I never had any luck using  so I never bothered to use them

Another good use of them is when someone brings him to you. I'll slide under a bed once the other counselor gets in and usually avoid death. He's usually so focused on the person he was chasing you he completely neglects the fact that the cabin was lit up before they entered.
Unless of course they run over to the bed and start clicking their flashlight...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Or barricade the door and open a few windows; it's usually not a bad idea to secure your phone house, and a good Jason will destroy the unbarricaded house in half the time while his morph regens.

Just now, Truth said:

Another good use of them is when someone brings him to you. I'll slide under a bed once the other counselor gets in and usually avoid death. He's usually so focused on the person he was chasing you he completely neglects the fact that the cabin was lit up before they entered.
Unless of course they run over to the bed and start clicking their flashlight...

Everytime I start hearing the music and a player rushing the cabin I am in. I did this last night as a Vanessa was coming to the cabin and my friend didn't believe me when I said I would be fine in the closet hiding spot. We just watched as Vanessa and then Jason ran right by me.

Hiding spots are the most underused advantages a counselor has other than communication.

Just now, MRWood204 said:

Everytime I start hearing the music and a player rushing the cabin I am in. I did this last night as a Vanessa was coming to the cabin and my friend didn't believe me when I said I would be fine in the closet hiding spot. We just watched as Vanessa and then Jason ran right by me.

Hiding spots are the most underused advantages a counselor has other than communication.

Glad I'm not the only one.

I sometimes feel bad about watching the other person die, but they should've led him somewhere else. Just because I'm there doesn't mean I'm equipped to fend off Jason for you.

Plus I'm in quick play so who gives a shit, right?

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

Glad I'm not the only one.

I sometimes feel bad about watching the other person die, but they should've led him somewhere else. Just because I'm there doesn't mean I'm equipped to fend off Jason for you.

I never feel bad lol. I actually feel good that I was in an auto-kill position for Jason and he never saw me.

It's a small victory for me. And it's almost always a Vanessa. I play as Deb all the time, I get they don't know which counselor is in the cabin, but unless Jason needs help repairing his shack, I ain't of much use to you.

1 minute ago, MRWood204 said:

I never feel bad lol. I actually feel good that I was in an auto-kill position for Jason and he never saw me.

It's a small victory for me. And it's almost always a Vanessa. I play as Deb all the time, I get they don't know which counselor is in the cabin, but unless Jason needs help repairing his shack, I ain't of much use to you.

Poor Deb... I mained her for a long time while I was trying to get the repair badges. Bless her soul...

I always just ran sense avoidance perks on her. They always worked pretty well for me. Never had to hide, just hop out of the cabin and wait for Jason to chase them off.

11 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

they ought to just remove the mechanic or double the length of the meter before the counsellor will gasp. As is, it is easily the dumbest mechanic in the game. 

I agree with this. It's Absolutely pointless. 

1 hour ago, Truth said:

Holding your breath is meant to PREVENT you from screaming. That's the entire purpose of it.

"That's the entire purpose of it"

But of course it is useless, If Jason is outside or inside of your cabin, He will most likely hear you Hold you breath

Once again Making it useless.

3 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

No, it has its uses depending on the counselor you've choose.

Not really, The only uses of it are, Partially hiding if Jason doesn't have sense and he spawns near your cabin because it's the Phone House, Hiding for the whole match is kind of viable, If he is chasing people, It becomes effectively useless once He Reaches Rage.

If Jason does have sense and he teleports to the Phone House, I am sure he will at least use it. 

I hide all the time, for short periods. When stamina is depleted, jump under a bed and watch how fast it goes back up. I do it all the time.

• Like 1

Honestly hiding just feels so terrible right now.

Many people have suggested stealth play into the hiding mechanic which I'd completely agree with. They should make your breath non-hearable at 10/10 stealth and people freaking out as they hide under a bed from Jason is unrealistic.

Would I be scared if I was hiding under a bed and there was an intruder in my home? Yes. Would I be screaming "NO NO PLEASE PLEASE GO AWAY" if he hasn't seen me yet? .... N-O

1 hour ago, Chetork said:

Honestly hiding just feels so terrible right now.

Many people have suggested stealth play into the hiding mechanic which I'd completely agree with. They should make your breath non-hearable at 10/10 stealth and people freaking out as they hide under a bed from Jason is unrealistic.

Would I be scared if I was hiding under a bed and there was an intruder in my home? Yes. Would I be screaming "NO NO PLEASE PLEASE GO AWAY" if he hasn't seen me yet? .... N-O

Let's leave the "what is and isn't realistic" argument out of it.

Hiding does need to be improved, but really only the breathing or holding breath mechanic. I wouldn't call hiding terrible as it works for me 99% of the time for the first half of a match. Depending on who your counselor is should depend on whether you should use the hiding spot currently.

2 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

I hide all the time, for short periods. When stamina is depleted, jump under a bed and watch how fast it goes back up. I do it all the time.

^This.

People seem to be forgetting the two most fastest ways to regain stamina are:

1. Occupying a hiding spot in an external light source (like an outside light post for instance).
  2. Occupying a hiding spot in the dark.

Not to mention you cannot be sensed (until Jason has Rage mode active), so it provides a measure of safety on top of increasing stamina regeneration. That's extremely useful if you're running around outside.

And if you know your character's fear is getting close to spiking, holding your breath can buy you a few precious extra seconds if Jason is trying to find you. For instance, a spot where there are multiple outhouses, yet you built up some fear earlier because you ran around in the dark without your flashlight on. You don't need to wait until he completely disappears, just long enough that Jason checks a different hiding spot; this way you can escape while he's busy destroying a different hiding spot.

Edited by Trident77