Sign in to follow this  
JasonLives86

An interesting and different perspective on trolls in the game

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but has anyone else ever thought of trolls in this game as those characters in the F13 movies, or any slasher movie for that matter, that you can't wait to be killed? If you think about it, it's very much the same thing. In the movies, there's a really annoying character that you hate, and when they finally get killed, it feels like justice has been served. In the game, trolls are pretty much the same way, they're incredibly obnoxious, and when they get killed, it feels so good. In any case, just something I was thinking about today, and thought I'd bring it up and see if anyone else thought of it this way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I sometimes watch troll players eagerly anticipating their horrible and painful deaths. And yes, it does bring some small sense of satisfaction/justice/karma. :)

Next time though, I'll try and see them as douche movie characters, see if that enhances my joy any. ;)

Never thought of it like that lol

Take a negative and turn it positive. Can't argue that logic. I love and and will use it when needed:)

• Like 1

I usually use the free kick kill, two hand choke or hockey mask face smash to stick it to trolls :) Free kick because it's funny for me and very annoying for them, two hand choke for those "you're not going anywhere this time" moments and the mask face smash for those "oh, you wanted to fight me? Try and fight this" kinds of players who like to try and steal my mask.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I usually use the free kick kill, two hand choke or hockey mask face smash to stick it to trolls :) Free kick because it's funny for me and very annoying for them, two hand choke for those "you're not going anywhere this time" moments and the mask face smash for those "oh, you wanted to fight me? Try and fight this" kinds of players who like to try and steal my mask.

I will keep this in mind

14 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I hear that @Bropollocreed79 is a fan of tunneling Squeakers.

Who then beat him down like a pinyata and dance and t-bag him into oblivion? Yeah Bro, I heard. ;)

EDIT: Just messing with ya Bro, I reckon you beast on all those little squeaky sons a beaches. ;)

• Haha 1

Appreciate this new perspective, surely will help in the next upcoming troll situation.Thanks 

3 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but has anyone else ever thought of trolls in this game as those characters in the F13 movies, or any slasher movie for that matter, that you can't wait to be killed?

That's a pretty interesting way to look at things. I like it.

I was just thinking the next F13 film should feature trolls of some kind getting their just rewards. Say some guys or kids are playing a game of some sort, like a scavenger hunt in the woods near crystal lake(reflecting the hunt for repair items in the game) and some primitive screwheads start trolling the other players and are later killed by Jason.

That's an interesting view on things but the big difference here is that the dickheads ALWAYS die in the movies but they don't always get punished for their behavior in-game which is a shame..

But you are right it is quite satisfying when the bad people get what's coming to them.. Until they quit the game and you are left brutalizing air instead of their character.. :P

13 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but has anyone else ever thought of trolls in this game as those characters in the F13 movies, or any slasher movie for that matter, that you can't wait to be killed? If you think about it, it's very much the same thing. In the movies, there's a really annoying character that you hate, and when they finally get killed, it feels like justice has been served. In the game, trolls are pretty much the same way, they're incredibly obnoxious, and when they get killed, it feels so good. In any case, just something I was thinking about today, and thought I'd bring it up and see if anyone else thought of it this way.

It depends. Some counsellors in the movies are douchey, but I wouldn't call a selfish or douchey player in game a troll. These players are the ones who remind me of the frat boy or mean girl in the films, not the trolls.

To me, trolls are people who aid Jason, hide objective items, team kill etc. No one did things like that in the Friday movies much. Their closest equivalent I can think of are sociopathic characters in other horror movies or Carter Burke (Paul Reiser) from Aliens. MAYBE the doctor from Part 7 could be troll worthy, but that's it.

Trolls are kind of like Roy in part 5, not the real thing, just a crazy jerk with a psycho-streak and a chip on his shoulder.

14 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I hear that @Bropollocreed79 is a fan of tunneling Squeakers.

the fact that you’re willing to not sit in party chat during the game and listen to see who are squeakers astonishes me. after so many screaming kids i gave up on QP chat.

2 hours ago, Riot_Dame said:

the fact that you’re willing to not sit in party chat during the game and listen to see who are squeakers astonishes me. after so many screaming kids i gave up on QP chat.

I don't have a dedicated group that I run with, so I find the randomness of a QP lobby to be completely fascinating.  More often than not there aren't even any other mics active in a lobby, but even with the chance for squeakers, I'd rather have other players with mics than a lobby full of deaf mutes.