Phone House  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think counselors should be spawned at the phone house?

• Yes.
    • No.

3 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

These aren't shotguns. They are small caliber probably .22 rifles

5a9c61ff4d559_Screenshot_20180304-1509333.png.6541d8dccb0de306a109f3680f72e2ab.png

I wasn't gonna bring that up. I thought we all assumed they were low powered rifles used to teach the campers in an Archery/Gun class.

1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I wasn't gonna bring that up. I thought we all assumed they were low powered rifles used to teach the campers in an Archery/Gun class.

I'm trying to remember an actual shotgun other than the one the sheriff had in part 6. I remember the guy had a deer rifle in his tent in part 4 but I don't remember another shotgun.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Well, seeing as how I was talking about CAMPS and none of the locations you mention are CAMPS, but are located on/around Crystal Lake (the same lake that the CAMPS are located on), here's what I got..........

Pinehurst was a home for troubled youth and the first 7 minutes of the movie should explain why there isn't 5 guns, 21 knives and 15 bear traps just laying around.

Higgin's Haven was not a camp. It was a "weekend getaway" type of place and not used year round. I don't have a vacation home but I'm sure that the people who are lucky enough to have that kind of thing do not leave it fully stocked with weapons. Maybe they do, but I think it's a little irresponsible to keep those "vacation home only" gun stashes out for just anyone to find.

The Jarvis House could definitely have some weapons in it considering it is a family residence, but, again, the house next door is a vacation home rented to strangers. I doubt that one is super stocked for a killer that the town assumes is a myth.

So in conclusion...... The Jarvis residence needs another pocket knife and all the rest are just fine.

See, I always thought it'd be cool if there was a pocket knife in Tommys childhood bedroom that only Tommy could retrieve,  like child Tommy looking out for adult tommy if he ever faced Jason again.

• Like 3

I was not talking about weapons or pocket knives and bear traps when it came to what I suggested, I suggested items like candy bars, blunts, slippers, camo jackets.

2 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

See, I always thought it'd be cool if there was a pocket knife in Tommys childhood bedroom that only Tommy could retrieve,  like child Tommy looking out for adult tommy if he ever faced Jason again.

This would be an acceptable reason for an extra knife.

(But if you really wanna talk cool, why do we not have a perk that adds a laser sight to either the rifle or the flare gun? You know, cause "Where the red dot goes........... BOOM!!" )

This would be an acceptable reason for an extra knife.

(But if you really wanna talk cool, why do we not have a perk that adds a laser sight to either the rifle or the flare gun? You know, cause "Where the red dot goes........... BOOM!!" )

I think you mean "ya bang"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gummybish said:

I was not talking about weapons or pocket knives and bear traps when it came to what I suggested, I suggested items like candy bars, blunts, slippers, camo jackets.

Again......Perks provide these things, so there is no need in having candy bars in a drawer. I seriously doubt Gun Media or Illphonic want to implement drug use, so probably no blunts either. Kenny already has camo and it doesn't help him at all.

Again......Perks provide these things, so there is no need in having candy bars in a drawer. I seriously doubt Gun Media or Illphonic want to implement drug use, so probably no blunts either. Kenny already has camo and it doesn't help him at all.

The only perks that have real use is preparedness, marathon, thick skinned, and medic.

And these little items I suggested only have great use temporarily.

It's not like I am demanding them to make these exact ones but if they created more items to help create more diversity, I don't see why that is a bad thing.

3 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

The only perks that have real use is preparedness, marathon, thick skinned, and medic.

To you maybe, but I never use preparedness and I use at least a dozen different perks on the characters I play. I'm sure other people use more than those 4 perks.

Just now, Gummybish said:

It's not like I am demanding them to make these exact ones but if they created more items to help create more diversity, I don't see why that is a bad thing.

I don't use ANY of those perks you named and I feel like I escape far more than I die.

It's really not about how much help you get in the game, unless the help you are getting is from other councilors. I play the game as if perks and pocket knives don't exist. The ONLY reason I'll pick up a knife is to disable traps. I use strategy. I run, I hide, I find, I fix, I fight. I don't rely on med spray or flare guns. I don't horde items that would further my life span........I need those spaces for the fuse and a set of keys.

The ONLY time I horde "life giving" items is when I'm in a QP with trolls or Jason helpers. Then I use all the spray I find regardless if I need them and I take every knife I can find to keep them out of a trolls hands.

3 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

To you maybe, but I never use preparedness and I use at least a dozen different perks on the characters I play. I'm sure other people use more than those 4 perks.

My dad's a cop, restful, man at arms, sucker punch, tinker,...

• Like 1

Just now, AdmiralJT said:

It is common belief in the forums and outside of them that most of the perks that are on this game are generally pretty useless when it comes to the game.

All the sense avoidance perks become useless as soon as Jason gets sense thanks to sense spam.

Water perks are a no brainer as they get sold as soon as someone gets them.

Easy Listening is useless

My dads a cop is very situational.

Slugger really only gives you a bat that's it.

In truthful I do understand that some of the other perks can be useful at times, however thick skinned and medic are considered holy grail perks.

1 minute ago, Gummybish said:

It is common belief in the forums and outside of them that most of the perks that are on this game are generally pretty useless when it comes to the game.

These forums make up about 1 percent of the games actual player base so I prefer to make decisions on gameplay based on experience and not what a small minority come here to say. 

I voted yes to not spawning at the phone house.  Let me explain.  It isn't for me.  Spawn me wherever the hell the game wants.  I don't care.  However, I do feel for new players popping the game in, loading up, waiting two minutes to get a lobby, waiting another two for people to join/ready up, waiting for a new lobby when they get the connection timed out message, waiting two minutes for a lobby, waiting two minutes for players/ready up, getting the host quit message, repeating the process, then spawning near the phone only to have Jason show up and kill them because they don't know the fundamentals yet.  So, yeah.  I voted for it to change. It doesn't affect my game play either way, but I'm thinking of other players who maybe don't know or haven't learned some of the things to look for, some of the ways to lose Jason, etc.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I voted yes to not spawning at the phone house.  Let me explain.  It isn't for me.  Spawn me wherever the hell the game wants.  I don't care.  However, I do feel for new players popping the game in, loading up, waiting two minutes to get a lobby, waiting another two for people to join/ready up, waiting for a new lobby when they get the connection timed out message, waiting two minutes for a lobby, waiting two minutes for players/ready up, getting the host quit message, repeating the process, then spawning near the phone only to have Jason show up and kill them because they don't know the fundamentals yet.  So, yeah.  I voted for it to change. It doesn't affect my game play either way, but I'm thinking of other players who maybe don't know or haven't learned some of the things to look for, some of the ways to lose Jason, etc.  

You (and others) didn't need the game to change to learn how to better play/survive and neither do new players.

"Holding hands" only bolsters the need for babysitting. New players can learn the ropes the same way we all did..........thru experience, not from changing the game.

I think I've spawned at a much worse place. like right outside of packanack lodge or higgins haven, inbetween the fuse and the car. It  was the first time I literally have moved only a few inches only to have Jason spawn in front of my sight. 19:50 on the timer and the pursuit begins.

55 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

These forums make up about 1 percent of the games actual player base so I prefer to make decisions on gameplay based on experience and not what a small minority come here to say. 

Particularly a minority whose meta is fairly obvious (though they espouse it as having come from expertise) and yet completely optional and not required for success.

You have someone claim Sucker Punch is a must have, discounting the fact everytime they smacked Jason with a bat and pissed him off he tunneled them out of the game.

Had they used a Sense Avoidance perk and not been detected to begin with that wouldn't have happened and they would have survived.

Sense spam only matters when Jason has a reason to do it.

Jasons don't stand around spamming sense over and over to outplay perks.

It doesn't work like that.

If I hit sense and notice a building red and have a ways to walk to it i'd turn off sense until I approached the building then turn it on again upon arrival to ensure the person was still in it. 

I've never once sat around flickering Sense in hopes of catching a perk user because the clock works against me.

I would almost guarantee a Sense Avoidance success would put a timer on being detected by Sense just for that reason.

From all my time playing i've never had a situation that made me think otherwise.

I chalk it up to the Dunning-Kruger effect.

People think themselves better than they are and when something fails them they believe it was because of the perk and not their inability to use it effectively.

Most of the perks considered meta require no latent talent to use and are fairly straightforward.

But that doesn't make them the best, only easier for less skilled players.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Particularly a minority whose meta is fairly obvious (though they espouse it as having come from expertise) and yet completely optional and not required for success.

You have someone claim Sucker Punch is a must have, discounting the fact everytime they smacked Jason with a bat and pissed him off he tunneled them out of the game.

Had they used a Sense Avoidance perk and not been detected to begin with that wouldn't have happened and they would have survived.

Sense spam only matters when Jason has a reason to do it.

Jasons don't stand around spamming sense over and over to outplay perks.

It doesn't work like that.

If I hit sense and notice a building red and have a ways to walk to it i'd turn off sense until I approached the building then turn it on again upon arrival to ensure the person was still in it. 

I've never once sat around flickering Sense in hopes of catching a perk user because the clock works against me.

I would almost guarantee a Sense Avoidance success would put a timer on being detected by Sense just for that reason.

From all my time playing i've never had a situation that made me think otherwise.

I chalk it up to the Dunning-Kruger effect.

People think themselves better than they are and when something fails them they believe it was because of the perk and not their inability to use it effectively.

Most of the perks considered meta require no latent talent to use and are fairly straightforward.

But that doesn't make them the best, only easier for less skilled players.

Goddamn right. Had I not used all my "Like" reactions today, you'd be getting one. Just know that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gummybish said:

Actually, a perk that is useful for the premise of this very thread is Firecracker. 

If I spawn in a cabin (phone house or otherwise) that Jason morphs in on first thing, I find it useful in helping me stay alive that much longer. Once enough people screw up skill checks on the phone or car Jason usually leaves me be. 

• Like 1

I actually like spawning at the phone house. Hide under a bed and Jason has no way of knowing you're there. As soon as he morphs away, tank his trap. He just used his morph, so he has no way of getting back to chase you. Then, search the nearby cabins for the fuse. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BangkokHard said:

I find it really annoying how i'm always the one to be spawned where the phone house is and die first.. Do you guys think they should make it to where you don't spawn near the phone house? I mean there are plenty of houses to spawn at. That's the first place Jason goes to,  most Jason's are asses and of course are going to go for the kill.

I completely agree. Unless you have a noob Jason who doesn't know what they are doing it's a death sentence. By the time you realise it's the phone house it's too late, Jason is there. I like to get all my traps sorted before I start the chase, unless someone outright smacks me in the face or runs right up to me. That way people at least have a chance. But I suppose it's foolish to play Fair as your in a tiny minority of players who actually have moral standards or general decency. 

But yes, they shouldn't start anyone out right by the phone or cars.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Do people understand what "Random" is anymore?

Isn't random that thing where all the lucky people get everything and I get nothing? The game random ain't unfair, but my darn luck is.

1 hour ago, Gummybish said:

I suggested candy bars in one of my threads. One shot consumable items that refill the stamina bar. 

• Like 2

Just now, FunMonster said:

I suggested candy bars in one of my threads. One shot consumable items that refill the stamina bar. 

This is what I was talking about when I suggested other items.

I think it would provide more diversity and help this game not feel like an empty drawer simulator.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, FunMonster said:

I completely agree. Unless you have a noob Jason who doesn't know what they are doing it's a death sentence. By the time you realise it's the phone house it's too late, Jason is there. I like to get all my traps sorted before I start the chase, unless someone outright smacks me in the face or runs right up to me. That way people at least have a chance. But I suppose it's foolish to play Fair as your in a tiny minority of players who actually have moral standards or general decency. 

But yes, they shouldn't start anyone out right by the phone or cars.

Jason doesn't have sense, shift, or stalk at that point. If you can't hide, keep running. A good Jason isn't going to tunnel you and let others get cars going for free. He'll likely depart once his morph cools down. 

If he does tunnel you like a rookie, take solace that you're heroically buying others time to escape.