Legendary Perks. Yay or Nay?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Legendary Perks. Yay or Nay?

• Yay!
    • Nay!

It feels like we are getting into diablo 2 and 3 territory with this amount of RNG. Lol but i like it.

I'm excited for new Legendary perks, hope they have a Perk drop increase holiday again because it was a chore trying to get all Epics the first go round XD. 

Although I like it, also gives you new option to spend yr XP,  I voted for nay: by adding them it is only a matter of time till the „too many pocket knives“, „ counselors being overpowered“, „Jason only slashes“ discussions start again.

like to have a „legendary marathon perk“ for Jason also, maybe with a limit to use only 1-2 per game. Would make it harder for all „legendary marathon Chads/Vanessa’s“

I voted 'Yay', breathes some fresh air into the perk system by adding more variety. Gives you a reason to spend more cp and depending on the outcome might give each player a slightly different effect set of what would have been the same perk loadout in game.

I would like there to be some ways to stat up your Jasons a bit too, I think, but I also like this.

• Like 1

I voted yay so that counselors still have reasons to spend CP, albeit I would've loved to see more comprehensive changes on the base perks. Things like "better sense reduction while swimming" or "faster car speed" are pretty much worthless. Not to mention people might have even more powerful versions of Medic when that perk should've been reworked.

To be honest though, I can't help but think this is a smokescreen for major Jason changes in the future. Hopefully they wouldn't give counselors super-buffed perks without a good reason.

I voted nay due to what I stated in the actual announcement thread. I like the idea but they're going to have to be on their toes not to over do it. Imagine if you will if you have a Nessa with a Legendary Marathon and Restful that both have a bonus perk to total stam  or stam recharge. It would kind of negate the last speed buff to Jason IMO.

Also with the new tier, will they add more slots? If not we'll be forced to limit and think hard which perks we want to keep, but on the other hand people may get upset if its not increase because it could stifle build variety.

As I stated with the new buffs and nerfs as well, I like what theyre trying to do, but its something that needs to be really fleshed out. We still have  lot of useless perks and now matter how good a bonus perk is, I dont it will warrant anyone using something like Potent Ranger or Heavy Sleeper. 

• Like 1

I like the concept, but I think they should get rid of SO MANY useless perks that clog up the Russian roulette style perk system. And do we really need poor quality? I'm lvl 147 and still rolling poor quality heavy sleeper, cost just the same as an epic. Lame! I like the legendary perks, but the perk system ITSELF needs to improve drastically! Maybe add a percentage to gain higher quality perks as you progress in level?

• Like 2

I vote nay. I understand the point, many useless perks and no use for extra cp.. But still no. Good counselors are good, they can already kite and get shit done so they don't need any artificial buffs.

The existing perks could be reworked though. Introduce a couple of new ones, and get rid of some of the useless ones. But that is a totally different conversation altogether...

Edit. @Theiceman105  My point exaclty..

Legendary Marathon on Vanessa? ?

Legendary Man-At-Arms on Chad??

Legendary Sucker Punch on any character??

Yeah, seems balanced to me.

Same meta perks get marginally better? The other useless perks become legendarily useless. Pass.

This is a wasted opportunity to fix the bad perks and slot machine system. Hopefully, with feedback, they have time to adjust fire and make meaningful changes.

• Like 4

On the line with this one. Once everybody gets legendary stamina perks with + quick stun chance, legendary stun chance perks with + stamina, and legendary map with +whatever, they will be like something from the olympics.

It could make things more interesting, but it could also tip the balance scales quite a bit. Depends what combinations are possible.

It will get me looking back at perks I suppose.

This is just another bad design decision. What's next? Super Ultra Mega Perks? The same goes for the level system. We'll just keep adding levels until there is no room left in the UI for the numbers. Level 999 anyone? Just keep raising the ceiling boys... That's so much easier than creating a well thought out system with an emphasis on quality over of quantity.

• Like 1

Meh..  not  a big fan of this.

Hell.. I really don't like perks at all.  I think this game would be better with no perks.  With counselors just stuck with their stats and living off the land.

But o well.  Guess it is what it is.

• Like 1

The only thing I think it can make the forum users like this new legendary perk system is if the bonus stats adds useful effects to the useless perks we already have.

Right @Alkavian?

6 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Meh..  not  a big fan of this.

Hell.. I really don't like perks at all.  I think this game would be better with no perks.  With counselors are just stuck with their stats and live off the land.

But o well.  Guess it is what it is.

Agreed.  The easier thing would be to allow each user to "create a counselor" using the existing mechanics.  Granted, we'd see gender-neutral dwarves running around in Speedos, but it's a tradeoff I'm willing to make.

4 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

The only thing I think it can make the forum users like this new legendary perk system is if the bonus stats adds useful effects to the useless perks we already have.

Right @Alkavian?

Well, the bonus bump is small. If I were to have a legendary Heavy Mover that allows me to barricade doors fast and offers a bonus bump to Stamina regeneration...it simply would not be worth the perk slot to equip it. The legendary bonuses seem small and do not offset a bad perk to make it viable. Polish a turd...it's still a turd. Bad perks need to be fixed so that they are worthwhile even when not at legendary rarity. Just my thoughts on it. ?

• Like 1

The boat speed increase might help more people trying to escape on the boat..... come on boaters...... I still need many boat escapes, boat take downs and drowning to finally complete my badges.
     The car speed increase could lead to many more cars crashing into.....things. Although there are many excellent drivers in the game... there are also many that can barely turn a corner as it is. #Speed Kills
     I don't mind the decrease on man at arms either..... #End Chain Stunning Now...... just hoping the legendary park for it does not bring the original values back.

Also wondering if this is a complete list of changes to existing perks...... I guess we have to wait for the update and patch notes to find out.

Hej, why not just wait for

# Legendary sweater user perk (Pam‘s sweater can be used twice)

# Legendary cop caller perk (cops show up on both road‘s ends)

# Legendary rescue boat perk (additional counselor fits into the boat)

# Legendary Tommy Jarvis perk (once Tommy has spawned, the next killed counselor spawns as the unknown forgotten twin of Tommy Jarvis)

Don't really care either way. The perk system sucks and adding another tier of perks that are even better than Epic ones isn't really going to change the system up. It's something more for people to grind for, at least. This isn't unwelcome but it's the least interesting of all the new content and features revealed recently.

• Like 2

Nay.

I still like @AldermachXI's idea of leveling up perks through in game play. This would add a huge breath of fresh air to the game. A new tier for the current system adds nothing interesting to how perks are acquired. It's just dumb luck.

2 hours ago, Sinisterslither said:

Yay and nay.

My Dad's a Cop old perks was 30% as Epic and now it will be 25% as Legendary... seems illogical

a 5% reduction on 5 minutes=15 seconds, so the best the cops can come after the call with a legendary will be 3:50, IIRC.