Sign in to follow this  
Legion Leader

Roadway: A new map

Roadway

Roadway is a map based on a few various car scenes from the Friday the 13th movies most notably the RV, hitchhiker, and other various scenes from Jason lives. It’s a large road in the middle of the woods with little to nothing around.

Intro scene: Starts off with two cars full of consolers driving down a roadway. It then shows the guy who always dies driving a four-seated car down a roadway with Adam, AJ, and Vanessa in the car. Jason steps in front of the car on the roadway, and the four seater crashes in a tree. Jason grabs the driver and smashes his head into the car door and tosses his body into the woods. It shows the other consolers run off into the woods and the two seated car swerves off into the woods.

Points of interest:

1. Roadway features a large curved paved road in the middle of the map with dense wooded areas on the left and right sides.

2. Various campsites and some cabins are in the woods.

3. A electrical power station will be in the woods. Tommy radio or police phone can spawn here sometimes.

4.The RV from Jason lives can also be the main point of interest. It will be placed in the middle of the main road so those escaping will have to avoid it. You can go inside the RV.

5.Car parts now spawn at some campsites.

6. Abandoned cars on the road/woods can be savaged or searched from possible car parts. You can also hide in the trunk if Jason comes by.

7. A small lake is present but no boat will spawn.

Vehicles

1.One car spawns on the main road on the south end. You wont be able to go south on the road because a large fallen tree lies across the road.

2.The other car spawns on the woods on the left or right side.

3. No boat map

Escaping

1. Not as easy as you think because the main road has other fallen trees, rocks, potholes, debris, the RV, and more you have to avoid on the main road when trying to escape. This makes it a challenge to get out.

2.Small dirt roads exist for the other car in the woods to drive on.

3. Aside from the north end of the main road, the other exit will be a dirt road somewhere on the map.

The RV from the movie

5a98c021b41d3_Darcy_DeMoss__Tom_Fridley_-_Friday_The_13th_Part_6_Jason_Lives.jpg.4d0c8311c092f40f6c65251eae77848f.jpg

Pictures not from the movie but inspiration for the map

clinton-road-nj.jpg.580a45ed96c3a001f5878cc114989a4c.jpg

clinton-road-nj-1.jpg.05641bbbf3f16bb72cc26ac68fdf75dc.jpg

• Like 1

On 2018-01-28 at 11:51 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

Road Map. I want to be able to leave camp, so this is what I propose, when you exit any map, there exist an opportunity to go to the Roads map. It's a just a bunch of interconnected paved and dirt roads but it connects all the maps in the game, giving you a chance to play a different mode.

It could be fun to see how it all connects, where each camp lies on Crystal Lake. The roads themselves can be confined to gorges, with rock walls on either side. It should be large enough to explain why you can't just leave the map early. You'd be good as dead, almost nowhere to hide, no weapons but sticks. The map screen in this map would give you the locations where you can enter the camps, and a rough view of the half of the lake where it all is located.

One sealed entrance would be marked Ski Resort, coming soon, it would be beside the exit to town I think, with the house maps kinda breaking up the shoreline. Dirt roads leading between them, with small forests linking some exit gates. As for the mode, it would be a race to town. Jason would receive huge but fair boosts to shift and morph, as counsellors start with cars, or a boat(I'd skip the boat chase unless it gives you access to the Lazarus).

The roads would have both random dead falls, and trees Jason has prepared as traps. Give him one or two homemade spike stripes, to slow but not stop the car. The counsellors would have only what they had with them when leaving, and what ever their luck allows them to find in the cars. I imagine escaping, only for four of us survive to be chased, realizing that we can't make it, we turn through a gate early and find ourselves in a different camp, our car running out of gas.

This would be amazing, a new twenty minute time starts, so we rush to call the cops, but it's going to take longer, 2 extra minutes the roads are a mess, and they think it might be a prank, it is the second call tonight. I would pay for this, it might not be possible, but they could have my money to make it happen.

I wrote this awhile ago it was part of something longer, so some of the context is missing, thought I'd drop it here anyway. Your write up is superior, so let's just make that clear, up front. Approaching it as a full level map is a good idea, so if anything I wrote is useful to that idea,  feel free to take it. 

I really would enjoy it, if a lobby could play this map, if enough people escape through a specific entrance on the main maps. So say both cars escape carrying a minimum number of counselor 4 - 5 would be good. The cops aren't called or the opposite exit could work as the entrance to the road map. 

Instead of loading out into a lobby you would load into the road map. Dead players would respawn in the woods, so you would hope players would stick around to see/play the secret map. If could be a full map or a secret for the players to figure out like killing Jason, only becoming available to select after you've escaped it. 

Hope you found my rambling useful.

This is a really cool idea. Its definatley interesting. I find it cool that Jason steps into the road, and it starts it off. I like the powerstation, maybe add a picture on how it would look?

3 hours ago, BlitzBoy526 said:

This is a really cool idea. Its definatley interesting. I find it cool that Jason steps into the road, and it starts it off. I like the powerstation, maybe add a picture on how it would look?

Ill see what I can find.

No boats?!? Come on, just a bit of shoreline somewhere for a boat. Why does one likes boats anymore?

On 02/03/2018 at 4:48 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

Some great ideas here that could be featured in a map. I know it may be difficult to create a map for every movie and with part 6,7,8,9 currently not having one of their own it would be nice to at least have a mash up. There are two big houses on Jarvis map, so I don't see why they couldn't have the house from 7, the Voorhees house and roadside diner from 9, and the RV from 6 all placed in one area around a long road like you say. Would be cool to see those iconic locations. Could even have a large graveyard area with loads of winding fenced off pathways, like the one tommy runs through when the police are chasing him in part 6

Sorry about the quote^ just an error

I really like this!

I'd say that this Map would probably require a Lot more teamwork than other ones, But would the counselors start off together or would they be scattered around in the woods?