Instead of being able to chain grab counselors, or spam grab. Maybe make a cool down on the grab it self? or even the kills, and make them go for environmental kills more often. I know that may seem dumb, but I find it really boring when you get the people who just spam choke people. Especially right at the start of the game and there is really no way to escape without a pocket knife. So a couple ways to improve the grab could be;

- Cool down on grab 

- Need to hit a certain point of rage (like half full bar) to use the grab kills

- Need to do a certain amount of environmental kills to use a grab kill

I just think it would make the game more interesting and last a bit longer. People will say "No that would make it to hard" But I've had games where I've only used environmental kills and no grab kills. Just gives the counselors a chance to actually enjoy the game rather than just get asphyxiated every game.

• Like 5

I think this is an amazing idea. Especially now that we (counselors) cannot find pocketknives. It give us a chance to try and get out of the grab without automatically dying by a grab kill and it's so annoying when Jason kills everyone the same way lol. 

• Thanks 2

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS SO LONG. 

Slashing and using enviromental kills should fill up rage and when you use grab kills it will decrease based on how fast you grab killed someone. Choke and head punch will give more penalty to you while others give a less penalty.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, twerking_potato said:

I know that may seem dumb

At least you acknowledge that fact.

Yes, using the same kill is boring. But if that's how they want to do it, good for them. I don't understand what this suggestion is supposed to fix...

I really dislike this idea.

Why not add things rather than limit them?

Make suggestions to help the counselors, rather than suggestions that nerf Jason.

NO MORE JASON NERFS!!! Seriously it's not that hard to kite Jason. Stop advocating another October patch.

Edited by Redcat345
Autocorrect changed kite to hike
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, twerking_potato said:

- Cool down on grab 

- Need to hit a certain point of rage (like half full bar) to use the grab kills

- Need to do a certain amount of environmental kills to use a grab kill

I would instantly quit playing this game if this was added.

Cool Downs on grabs..     Dafuk?  What?  

Playing a counselors would be a joke..  Playing as Jason would be boring and annoying.

8 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Playing a counselors would be a joke..  Playing as Jason would be boring and annoying.

It's already boring since the buff. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, The Gunslinger said:

It's already boring since the buff. 

Thats your opinion.  Not mine.

Sure as hell don't want to play a F13th game where Jason has a grab cool down.  

Whats next? A counselor melee attack cool down.> How about counselors are only allowed to swing their weapons every 30 seconds.. (Cause cooldowns YO!)

1 hour ago, Redcat345 said:

NO MORE JASON NERFS!!! Seriously it's not that hard to hike Jason. Stop advocating another October patch.

I prefer counselor and I have to agree with you. He's back to normal for the most part. I'd say this is the best balance we've had to date.

thats an amazing idea!! also the stalk should start at the beginning of the match and they need to fix the sense cooldown to be longer

Since we're hurling some out there ideas for grab kills, let me pitch one in for shits and giggles:

You can only use each of the 4 grab kills you start a match with ONCE. They become greyed out after a use. The intended outcome here would be to get Jason players to alternate between grabs and environmental kills instead of spamming grabs all the time. Would give the game more of a movie feel since Jason always killed his victims differently.

Why not give jason bonus XP for not using the same kill twice, and double for all enviormental kills? This would make some lower levels (or a poor russian boy on a grind for those lvl 100 kills) and especially on double xp weekends, want to go for diversity.

1 minute ago, BlitzBoy526 said:

Why not give jason bonus XP for not using the same kill twice, and double for all enviormental kills?

You already get 20 xp for "versatile" (using different grab kills) and 50 xp for environment kills.

9 minutes ago, Truth said:

You already get 20 xp for "versatile" (using different grab kills) and 50 xp for environment kills.

Yes, but why not +150 for diversity:      Never use the same grab kill and environmental kill twice, and +250 points for environmentalist: only use environmental kills. Imagine double xp and use only different environmental kills. 

Edited by BlitzBoy526
Auto correct

1 minute ago, BlitzBoy526 said:

Yes, but why not +150 for diversity:      Never use the same grab kill and environmental kill twice, and +250 points for environmentalist: only use environmental kills

I'm not opposed, but I'd rather see more ways to obtain xp than just getting more for doing the same thing. Maybe get 50 xp for using a throwing knife, 100 xp for a long shot. Or increased xp for a successful kill in a group. Maybe a bonus for killing 2 counselors in a short period of time. There's plenty  of ways to grant us more xp.

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Cool down, like when he grabs he has to wait like 2-3 seconds before using it again rather than just lunging all over the place. Like the second you get grabbed there is zero chance to escape, and if its 2 seconds into the game. It's no fun, at least if you kite and he misses you still have a chance to run rather than a second grab coming for you 2 seconds later. BUT in saying that, they would need to fix the grab, because there have been lots of times I go to grab them when I'm ontop of them and it misses and other times I grab them from AGGGES away. Each to their own opinion, we all enjoy different things about the game. Great game none the less. I'll play it either way

1 hour ago, twerking_potato said:

Cool down, like when he grabs he has to wait like 2-3 seconds before using it again rather than just lunging all over the place. Like the second you get grabbed there is zero chance to escape, and if its 2 seconds into the game. 

The cool down makes no sense for grabs.. If he misses... he misses.    No need to add annoying cool down mechanics to a grab.

As far as getting grabbed 2 seconds into the game.   Well, if you do get grabbed 2 seconds into the game, you kind of deserved it.. 

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

The cool down makes no sense for grabs.. If he misses... he misses.    No need to add annoying cool down mechanics to a grab.

As far as getting grabbed 2 seconds into the game.   Well, if you do get grabbed 2 seconds into the game, you kind of deserved it.. 

HuDawg!! You've gott 666 posts! The Leprechaun is the Devil!!

confirmed-580x410.jpg

Edit: Forgot to respond to this inane post. @twerking_potatoNo, there does not need to be a cooldown for Jason's grab. If you're getting grab-choked in the first minute of the game on a regular basis,  it sounds like you need to play more. It will happen to the best players from time to time, but you make it sound like this is occurring all of the time. It honestly sounds like you need to learn to either hide or run at the beginning of matches. Jason doesn't have sense to begin with, so it is kind of on you if this is happening frequently. Or, you just have the worst luck in the world.

• Like 1

I said it before and I said it again, best would be to since there are less pocket knives, change the breaking free mechanics of a grab means for example that there should be a qte for it either the same like when your´re fixing something, or that you have to press the right buttons in time, and when you fail you die.

I mean this would be really fair then ALWAYS getting grabbed and instant killed by Jason, no matter if you have high composure, high strentgh, zero fear etc.

Cause yes this is not only highly annoying but also really very boring too, if between 98 and 99% Jason is doing nothing else then doing grab kills?, I mean I highly doubt it that the mechanics or gameplay was actually planned like this from the devs, cause what for does the counselors and Jason are having both combat stances?, if it´s pretty much useless and working only when your´re team stunning him.

I mean they should really call the game Friday the 13th Jason the grab spamming killer, imao.:D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jetlee2777 said:

Cause yes this game is really boring if between 98 and 99% Jason is doing nothing else then doing grab kills?,

If Jason grab kills, it is boring. If he slashes, he is a hack. If he does environmental kills, he is a show-off. What is your suggestion for Jason play @jetlee2777? Should he just get some dance emotes and join the party with the bunny suit/pink cop outfit/speedo wearing dipshits? Wow!

22 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

If Jason grab kills, it is boring. If he slashes, he is a hack. If he does environmental kills, he is a show-off. What is your suggestion for Jason play @jetlee2777? Should he just get some dance emotes and join the party with the bunny suit/pink cop outfit/speedo wearing dipshits? Wow!

Who can read is clear in an advantage I wrote already a suggestion what you can do, about the breaking free mechanics of a grab.

Death by throwing knife would just be your next complaint. Wait to see what the upgrade brings, I'm sure we all will be surprised.

31 minutes ago, jetlee2777 said:

Who can read is clear in an advantage I wrote already a suggestion what you can do, about the breaking free mechanics of a grab.

You are actually questioning my ability to comprehend the written word with that incoherent bullshit? 

Now that we have gotten that out of the way... I obviously didn't read your other post, nor do I care to considering the two that I did read. One was the same whiny crap that has been regurgitated far too many times on here. And the second? Well, I quoted that. Try to read it and make sense of it.