Jump to content
TheBigFlounder

How do you guys deal with having an absolutely terrible game as Jason?

Recommended Posts

Simply as the title says, I had a game recently, set my traps and everything. I had one extra that I should of put at the phone box but I didn't because i'm fucking stupid. Next thing I know cops are called, two counselors have escaped by boat, I have two killed. Can't catch a Vanessa as she fucks me up with two pocket knives and then my shift didn't regen so I wasn't able to catch the escaping Deborah. Games like this just make we want to stop playing, it's just an overall shit feeling knowing that you sucked balls in that game, overall I got 2/7. I just wanna know how you guys deal with bad games, and how you learn from them. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I'm in a group and they want to keep playing, I have to suck it up. I'll turn off my mic and put on some music to relieve the stress. If I'm alone, I'll do a match against bots to get back in the groove.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ignore what was out of your control (i.e. ping). Learn from what you did wrong and assess the tactics used against you that were effective for the counselors. Counter them next time with a different plan. I wouldn't sweat it too much. We all have bad days.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My last game as Jason was this kind of shit : cops called, 4 escaped with blue car, mask off, a guy who told me to suck my mom and I can't kill him, 3/8 at the end. I quit after  XP screen and before lobby for they cannot see that i'm lvl 127 :lol:

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But, to be honest, you've got to realize just how random this game is, the map, the objective spawns, the repair spawns, the counselor spawns; the game map changes every round and sometimes you get a shit map as Jason, or you get a more coordinated group than usual, or like @Alkavian said higher pings from someone in Arizona, or something else. If you start to notice a pattern,  you may want to rethink your hunting strategy and start doing less lengthy counselor chases and more objective patrol.

It's important not to let the game get to you and to influence you to do something you will later regret. Taking a small vacation from the game also helps.

Also @TheBigFlounder phone boxes aren't the only places traps can go at the phone house, if you catch my drift...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Just move on to the next one.

It happens. Not a big deal.

Polish off a beer before your next round.   Or a scotch.  But not crack.  Definitely not crack.

17 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Ignore what was out of your control (i.e. ping). Learn from what you did wrong and assess the tactics used against you that were effective for the counselors. Counter them next time with a different plan. I wouldn't sweat it too much. We all have bad days.

Absolutely.  Control what you can, like your alcohol intake!

17 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Crack pipe

WHAT DID I JUST SAY ABOUT CRACK?!?!?! <_<

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bropollocreed79 said:

WHAT DID I JUST SAY ABOUT CRACK?!?!?! <_<

 

*sigh*

"It spoils your appetite for beer..."

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just get back to it, there is no one who hasn't had bad matches. Some of us have had many. (me) I record my gameplay often, I use it for music videos, goofy shit, gifs... But, when I have bad games I watch the footage. It HELPS! Look at how you played, timing of your hits and misses. How you used your abilities, and the tactics used against you. Try to pick apart your strengths and weaknesses, then adjust your tactics for next time. Good luck! And always remember mommy's watching, so KILL THEM ALL JASON!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

*sigh*

"It spoils your appetite for beer..."

Nailed it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t feel too bad man. Have two shit days in a row. Yesterday I had ridiculous, intermittent lag spikes. Was about to place a crucial trap at four door and it lagged teleporting me near a cabin some 50ft away and placed my trap near a wall. 

That match the car got away after my shift bugged out and locked me into the fence. 

Today I had a crew of experienced counselor’s except their experience amounted to exploiting chain stains time and time again. It was extremely frustrating, several escaped, it happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Just get back to it, there is no one who hasn't had bad matches. Some of us have had many. (me) I record my gameplay often, I use it for music videos, goofy shit, gifs... But, when I have bad games I watch the footage. It HELPS! Look at how you played, timing of your hits and misses. How you used your abilities, and the tactics used against you. Try to pick apart your strengths and weaknesses, then adjust your tactics for next time. Good luck! And always remember mommy's watching, so KILL THEM ALL JASON!

Glad to know I'm not the only one that does this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF its against an experienced group of counselors all with mics  that have migrated over to QP for some reason,  Im content nabbing 3-4 kills anyways.  Its tough to stop everyone going for objectives at once that know what their doing especially if most of them are Vanessa's especially if they all manage to weasel around the traps I set. .  If its against, most QP lobbies.  Im pissed if I get any less than 7 kills at least because most QP teams are pure TRASH (to put it bluntly).  If I suspect Im against a solid crew, I'll make sure to nab Part 2 Jason to unload a host of traps and stop most of them if I can.   Against, the rest?? Mehhh.. Part 4 Jason is more than enough to end them all quick. 

 

Im thinking about picking up a headset/mic to see what kind of difference that will make in the QP lobbies.  But I want to see how the next patch comes out.  If they put some powers back into he hands of the lone-wolf  counselors (hopefully) I will disregard getting a headset.  I don't like talking to people while I'm playing games 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 game completed as Jason. 999 matches to go.

I'm happy when I get to finish the map without the host quitting.

I've never been killed as Jason yet. Playing with forum members while drinking I get 4/8, 5/8 or 6/8.

They are experienced and really fun to play with. @TheHansonGoons @Risinggrave @Alkavian @AldermachXI @Tattooey @bewareofbears @Thatguyinktown @Riot_Dame @Truth

In quickplay it's 8/8 maybe 7/8 if they suicide or rage quit. ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You didn't die as Jason.  Doesn't sound that bad of a game :P

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

IF its against an experienced group of Im thinking about picking up a headset/mic to see what kind of difference that will make in the QP lobbies. 

Playing with a mic make the game an entirely new experience.   I play QP often, and while you do run into incompetent and rude players, many of them are quite skilled and helpful.  When they realize that you are helpful, they will start watching your back as you watch theirs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Playing with a mic make the game an entirely new experience.   I play QP often, and while you do run into incompetent and rude players, many of them are quite skilled and helpful.  When they realize that you are helpful, they will start watching your back as you watch theirs.

Sounds nice.  I just feel its in "cheating" in certain ways because its a HUGE advantage over those who don't have one.  And this game is becoming and more and more dependent on the mic communication.  Not "cheating" per se. But... You get what I mean. ROFLMAO.

Ive seen the big time difficulty difference when the private match vets come in QP and make life hell for Jason.. But then you go up against teams that don't communicate and its easy hunting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Sounds nice.  I just feel its in "cheating" in certain ways because its a HUGE advantage over those who don't have one.  And this game is becoming and more and more dependent on the mic communication.  Not "cheating" per se. But... You get what I mean. ROFLMAO.

Ive seen the big time difficulty difference when the private match vets come in QP and make life hell for Jason.. But then you go up against teams that don't communicate and its easy hunting 

PS4 gives players a mic, xbox one also gives them a mic, PC built in. So people not having a mic is false as they come with your console. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I overlooked the mic when I bought the PS4.  If the PS4 comes with a mic why are there so many people online without one then when Im playing the game in QP? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Maybe I overlooked the mic when I bought the PS4.  If the PS4 comes with a mic why are there so many people online without one then when Im playing the game in QP? 

Some people have fears who don't like talking with people, some don't like the feel of the headset in their ear. 

51rtrsU3hlL._SX425_.jpg

For awhile I hated using this thing but if I wanted to talk with friends in GTA then that was what I had to use. Some people use party chat and avoid using in game chat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no shit, i didnt know that was a mic, i bought one for 15 bucks and am prolly one of those guys that sounds like im in broadcasting from a 1958 calculator in outer space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jistsomeguy said:

no shit, i didnt know that was a mic, i bought one for 15 bucks and am prolly one of those guys that sounds like im in broadcasting from a 1958 calculator in outer space.

I bought a new one for only $14 and I sound like I'm God.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TheBigFlounder

It's hard to let it slide but you just do. It only really pisses me off because it can take forever to get another round as Jason.

I had a match earlier with a trolling Chad and went 4/8 despite my best efforts. Felt like swearing off using walking Jasons. Not because of the 4/8 but because I've got someone being a douchebag and I couldn't catch them. Bad pings didn't help. :/ Which Jason were you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...