24 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Overall it still pretty easy for Jason in QP.  Its just the truth.  QO Lobbies aren't going to work together.     One on one, Counselors stand little chance.  I can definitely see how under-powered Jason would be in private match team-play though.  Theres gotta be a happy medium somehow between the two.   If he's going up against a coordinate lobby of Private Match bullies in groups, its gonna be pretty damn hard to overcome that though 

Dude, stop it with the "Jason is OP in QP" comments.  If it bothers you that much, just pick Vanessa and fairy all the parts to its location.  Make it CONVENIENT for other players.  You start doing that, you start seeing coordination in QP more often.  Once you get used to that, then go back to a repair character and apply what you've learned from others.

Just now, AdmiralJT said:

Not really any compelling evidence there, all I see is a group of experienced players against a Jason they knew was low level. Yes 2 bugsys can demask Jason quickly. 1 Bugsy can do it with 2 hits. A more experienced Jason wouldn't have charged in and tried to confront a pair of bugsys wielding machetes. Also an experienced Jason wouldn't have tried to confront Tommy and a girl with the sweater by rushing at them. Congratulations you've killed 60 Jason's. How many were over level 50?

No need to be a dick just because you are wrong, and the majority were 150.

Doesn't matter if he was experienced or not, there's no way he could have known that Bugsy had a cracker in the first place and the other Bugsy was sprinting from the nearby cabin and barely made it in time for those hits. It was an unavoidable situation that would have happened sooner or later no matter what.

Plus it doesn't even matter, you get free hits whenever Jason gets stunned, knocked down, grabs a counselor that has a knife, steps in a trap, get's hit by a flare, stops a car, uses the door animation etc.

You are missing the entire point I made which is that the game is BROKEN in group play. You can be the best player in the world, an absolute GOD but ultimately it does not matter due to poor game design. You are fucked no matter what if the group is coordinated and knows what to do.

I have over 600 hours in the game with less than 30 counselor escapes and yet I would still tremble in my boots if I came across a group like this because there is literally NOTHING that can be done other than sitting back and praying they separate so you can pick them off 1 or 2 at a time. But they won't because they know better. They will simply travel in a pack and repair objectives while you sit back and be forced to watch

It is an undeniable fact that the game is broken and if you think otherwise you are simply wrong.

8 minutes ago, Psychosocial23 said:

II is an undeniable fact that the game is broken and if you think otherwise you are simply wrong.

Definitely getting the mask off is too easy, and this is without using the expoits for the free hits.  Jason deserves to have stun (and damage) immunity coming out of "ANY" stun.  Its ridiculous that you are being punished and losing the mask after a pocket knife.

4 minutes ago, Psychosocial23 said:

No need to be a dick just because you are wrong, and the majority were 150.

Doesn't matter if he was experienced or not, there's no way he could have known that Bugsy had a cracker in the first place and the other Bugsy was sprinting from the nearby cabin and barely made it in time for those hits. It was an unavoidable situation that would have happened sooner or later no matter what.

Plus it doesn't even matter, you get free hits whenever Jason gets stunned, knocked down, grabs a counselor that has a knife, steps in a trap, get's hit by a flare, stops a car, uses the door animation etc.

You are missing the entire point I made which is that the game is BROKEN in group play. You can be the best player in the world, an absolute GOD but ultimately it does not matter due to poor game design. You are fucked no matter what if the group is coordinated and knows what to do.

I have over 600 hours in the game with less than 30 counselor escapes and yet I would still tremble in my boots if I came across a group like this because there is literally NOTHING that can be done other than sitting back and praying they separate so you can pick them off 1 or 2 at a time. But they won't because they know better. They will simply travel in a pack and repair objectives while you sit back and be forced to watch

It is an undeniable fact that the game is broken and if you think otherwise you are simply wrong.

What are you complaining about being broken? Because it sounds like you're crying that a multiplayer online game that requires teamwork to succeed is broken because people win by working together.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DorianRo said:

That was pretty brutal.  Reminded me of last patch.  One hit knocking me on arse in  rapid succession  by a bunch of counselors bullying up near car I was going to the trap to start.  Was very frustrating .   Implement a way for Jason to grab a weapon  mid-hit with timing to stop the rapid abuse?   I lost my mask in about 20 seconds by these Louisville sluggers. .  Very very brutal.   

I quit playing Friday the 13th for 5 or 6 months and just recently come back. I remember back when I quit I actually got killed being Jason. I'm a decent Jason player not the best. It was disheartening. I think it should take a lot more to kill Jason. They were actually chasing me. Chain stunning me. I could not get away. I felt like Jason needed a buff. If you play against a good group you are screwed as Jason still. Period. I lone wolf a lot and it is to easy to escape. I feel it should be harder being a counselor. 

9 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Definitely getting the mask off is too easy, and this is without using the expoits for the free hits.  Jason deserves to have stun (and damage) immunity coming out of "ANY" stun.  Its ridiculous that you are being punished and losing the mask after a pocket knife.

I agree. But it's not necessarily exploiting by stunning/damaging after an animation, it's just bad game design. Swing sliding/triple perks/gaining access to unreachable areas of the map are exploiting.

9 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

What are you complaining about being broken? Because it sounds like you're crying that a multiplayer online game that requires teamwork to succeed is broken because people win by working together.

Read the other post quoted above. I'm not crying about anything, i'm simply stating facts. Jason is pathetic against groups in his current state, they need to add damage immunity as well as a slightly longer stun immunity period after coming out of an animation.

If you would have bothered to read any of the previous posts in this thread you would have understood that before making yourself look like an ass and acting like a child.

Been saying this in these kinds of posts, they need to take diminishing returns (DR) like World of Warcraft pvp mechanics. Whereas, if you're repeatedly stunned within a short time frame, each stun is reduced by half the time, until after a couple of chain stuns, you become immune for 10-20 seconds. 

Or,  they need to readjust the rage meter, where it'll fill faster by a certain % if you're chain cc'd (crowd controlled). With the rage meter full, all cc to Jason should be shortened by 25% or 50%, seeing as he's raged and should be scary as hell when he's raged.

Rough ideas that could use some refinement, but Jason shouldn't be a demonic piñata for mortal counselors 

On 2/21/2018 at 8:14 PM, Tommy86 said:

Hi Caulus. I remember you from those Zoomalfunction threads. In which case you know I don't value anything you have to say on this topic.

Your example is completely irrelevant and I'm sure the only reason you don't block is because you actually don't know how. You may know the controls, but it has probably never occurred to you how to use them.

U mad, bro?

I remember being turned into a pinata when someone started the car. Everytime i looked at my map to find them, i'd be hit several times. I had to flee using shift lol so I could then morph at the exit

On 2/20/2018 at 8:47 PM, FunMonster said:

Laugh or cry?

This is a joke. Sad part is you don't even have to be a noob to become piñata Jason. He should at least be strong enough to where the counselors run from him. Not make him look like bozo the clown.

27 minutes ago, Epic439 said:

This is a joke. Sad part is you don't even have to be a noob to become piñata Jason. He should at least be strong enough to where the counselors run from him. Not make him look like bozo the clown.

Indeed

On 2/22/2018 at 10:31 AM, SmugDoka said:

Not Until I get my Pamela

Maybe I will pay for Pam 

Same!!!!

7 hours ago, FridayFan13 said:

Simple solution: have jason gain a ton of rage each time he’s stunned.

He does already get rage when getting hit. Go on bots and let them hit you over and over. Rage builds up really quick. It may be when you are blocking though. 

Problem is, rage only let's you smash through doors and recharge powers faster, both of which do little to help prevent a piñata party, especially rage door burst, as the window of opportunity for timing a stun is massive during the door bursting animation. 

It would help if combat stance wasn't a bit broken at the moment. I had a party trying to do this with me the other day and I kept blocking in combat stance, but after releasing the block button to swipe afterwards, the animation kept locking in block mode so I couldn't attack. I was just in combat mode, tapping the attack button and it wasn't doing anything. So broke. Just add a one shot quick block on r1 that lasts a second, would be much easier.

Sometimes as jason against good groups, I actually pause after being smacked about when I realise these guys are no mugs, I try to think of a new way to attack....................  I'm still thinking lol

4 minutes ago, kohagan said:

Sometimes as jason against good groups, I actually pause after being smacked about when I realise these guys are no mugs, I try to think of a new way to attack....................  I'm still thinking lol

One of the easiest things to do is to split them up if they start grouping together.

42 minutes ago, kohagan said:

I assume they might be working toward killing me and try to avoid getting hit at all by shifting to outside the group and trying not to get surrounded throw knives and hack(normally don’t like to hack).  I will shift to the back of the group and even retreat hack till they scatter.  There are a lot of groups that try to kill Jason every time.  Once you lose the mask you could be in trouble!

I find the worst times aren't when you are just simply getting attacked, but when a group is using the ease of stuns to defend someone who is completing a  repair or starting the car. Like if a counselor gets in the car and is starting it up, the only way to stop them is to pull them out the car window. But when you do, others are waiting to hit you. If you focus on those guarding the driver, then the driver manages to start the car and everyone gets on whilst you are stunned. You could argue that you should trap, but this organized bunch used their knives to spring your traps.

In the vid it's mostly noobs  bashing noobs, but it's the organized teams that make this issue really bad. When its a weak team, combat stance can help and often be the answer, but when its a highly skilled group of veterans, it really shows up how mechanically predictable Jason's movements are and how it's easy to time stuns when you have the animation timing sussed.

14 hours ago, DorianRo said:

Overall it still pretty easy for Jason in QP.  Its just the truth.  QO Lobbies aren't going to work together.     One on one, Counselors stand little chance.

I work together with others in QM all the time..  And usually with NO MICS.   This ain't rocket science.  Do objectives.. stay away from Jason.  And learn how to enjoy yourself and accept being killed by Jason if it happens..

It's great when you repair stuff and escape with a total stranger and no MIC but then there's this:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Fix chain stunning but 3 seconds stun immunity is more than enough as long a Jason can do a action (like blocking or grabbing) coming out of stun.

IF Jason can act unimpeded for those three seconds.... I can agree to that.

16 hours ago, CPLhicks31 said:

That's very strange then. I have over 400 matches as Jason and even in October, have never been chain stunned. I mean I HAVE been a little bit but every time there was an avenue I could and should have taken to avoid it. Including running away for a moment and coming back. If I see three battle chads sprinting at me and I am truly that worried about them, I'll just leave... clearly they want me preoccupied with them and I'd rather not play into their hands.

Or, if I am confident there won't be any problems, I'll just deal with them then and there. You can't just react to them though. You need to decide, Jason, what you're going to do before hand.

Contrary to what you're saying, in my experience, it's just not possible for Jason to be locked into stuns for minutes at a time unless he does his part to deserve it. Sure maybe for a moment or two, but good on the counsellors for getting me then, but for a prolonged period? Nope, that's my own fault. 

As for Jasons who won't play... yeah I have some friends like that too. They are brand new and bad at Jason. Their first few matches they got into semi-decent QP lobbies and got beat up while getting very few kills. That's simply being new and inexperienced. Getting better comes with growing pains. If someone started teabagging a new player I'd be annoyed, but new players should expect to get beat up... there's nothing embarrassing about losing when you are learning... that's how people get better. 

If it can happen 'a little bit' players that know their timings can make it last a lot longer.
   I do not like to run away as Jason, but due to mitigating circumstances it can be necessary (but Jason should never have to run away from anyone, even seven Chads). Knowing they are a distraction is one good reason, but then you have to find out what the distraction was protecting before you can do anything about it. Having no knives and seeing sweater girl with Tommy after you lost your mask is another reason... knives really help with that situation so I will try to find more. Tommy and sweater girl usually think I am running away for the rest of the game..... they always get a good shock when they find out that I was not running, I just needed more knives.
   Knowing as much as possible about how something works will help form the best strategies. Over time, strategies always need to be adjusted, unless you are in the star wars universe... then causing a distraction and going for the main reactor will work every.. single... time. I will never forget seeing the Phantom Menace, when near the end, my friend did an epic face palm while saying "Not the main reactor....again!"
   Most of the time when I confront the battle Chads it was a group that was only there to 'bully' Jason. Many times they whine about me slashing and they just get plain rude, so I bring down the mute hammer while stunned. Anything else that does get done by other counselors is merely due to good players in the lobby that had no idea what was going on. I had a group the other day that managed to get the cops called while chain stunning me, but after the match (it was a quick game but I got everybody) they were amazed that I was able to kill them all so quickly.
    Everything is a learning curve.... hands on experience is the best teacher, but we all make mistakes. My biggest concern about this is the new players that simply put the game down due to frustration caused with this. I almost put he game down early on a few times getting stressed out by this... but I am persistent and patient. I also learn fast. Many people are no where near as persistent or patient as me. I looked at the number of players on steam when playing last night... 491. That was the lowest I have seen it yet. Though we can still get into a quick play lobby in 2 minutes or under, the low numbers can be disconcerting.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2018 at 10:35 PM, Tommy86 said:

Perfect example of the trash slasher Jason who doesn't even know how to block. This what all the pro-slash posts amount to. Walking around swinging aimlessly and getting counterhit from all angles. As no objective protection was required, he could have simply stood their blocking and drained weapon durability, with throwing knives in between blocks. People badly need to learn Jason offence. I have to post these guides sooner.

Come play in my group of skilled 150’s Mr. know it all , in every one of your posts you act like you invented the game, You are probably just one of those game geeks who think they are way better than they actually are, you must  live in your parents basement ... obviously are still a virgin. 

If Jason goes into combat stance all the counselor has to do is back off and not swing, Jason’s combat stance has a lag coming in and out of it where he can get blasted

• Sad 2

I suppose what is relevant is whether or not you consider standing in a trap or taking a knife in the neck as a stun. I do. In both cases, you are locked out of the controller just like a stun.

The other day I stepped in a trap (was locked out for about 7 seconds) Tommy stood before me waiting and as soon as the animation played out and the trap was off my leg, tommy hit me and stunned me (locked out for another 5 seconds) as I came out of the stun he was still trying to hit me and I grabbed him. Pocket knife (locked out again for 7 seconds). 

Maybe chain stunning (being stunned with a weapon, and getting stunned again as soon as you come out of that stun) is or isn't possible, maybe it's just a glitch. I'm not here to debate that.

But as with the scenario I've just shared, the stuns can be so frequent that the Jason player can become fairly powerless for periods of time that are long enough to repair and use the phone or repair and start the car. 

I don't think stun times necessarily need to be messed about with, I just think the Jason player needs additional ways of being able to deal with the situation, like a crowd control swing (VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow's suggestion) and/or a more accessible quick two second block that can't be held down.