1 minute ago, CPLhicks31 said:

An auto attack upon getting up would be fine as a good deterrent to stop trolls and teabaggers, but stun immunity would be ridiculous. Jaosn already has defenses against groups of counsellors, he does not need to be immune to stuns. 

Jason already has stun immunity for 3 seconds as he stands back up, but he has 0 damage immunity so it can be easily abused. Exactly what defenses against groups of counselors are you talking about? Cause i'm pretty sure you are imagining things.

The simple fact is that Jason is pathetic against groups. If you can't reliably make the counselors separate you are screwed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Psychosocial23 said:

. Exactly what defenses against groups of counselors are you talking about? Cause i'm pretty sure you are imagining things.

Morph or shift away, come back and hit them with knives from a distance.

Just now, AdmiralJT said:

Morph or shift away, come back and hit them with knives from a distance.

Cause that's so effective against the medic/thick skin meta right? Good counselors will trade hits and you would have to waste the majority of the match gathering knives so that argument is moot.

Just now, Psychosocial23 said:

Cause that's so effective against the medic/thick skin meta right? Good counselors will trade hits and you would have to waste the majority of the match gathering knives so that argument is moot.

It may be annoying, but eventually they will run out of bats and wrenches, or eventually you will kill one, then you'll kill another one, and pretty soon they've broken ranks and they are on the run again. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Psychosocial23 said:

Jason already has stun immunity for 3 seconds as he stands back up, but he has 0 damage immunity so it can be easily abused. Exactly what defenses against groups of counselors are you talking about? Cause i'm pretty sure you are imagining things.

The simple fact is that Jason is pathetic against groups. If you can't reliably make the counselors separate you are screwed.

Yes, 3 second stun immunity is fine. Thats my point. He has three seconds to block, attack, grab, morph, or shift (and he can get an early start on a few of those things while stunned). A smart Jason will take advantage if those 3 seconds. He doesn't need more.

If stun immunity goes up to ten seconds, then counsellors will be forced to abandon any obectives they are working on. It will deter trolls, but will also deter teamwork on objectives, which is a very bad thing (for example, if a counsellor is trying to prevent Jason from smashing the fuse box, it would be impossible as Jason could have ten seconds of stun immunity, more than enough time for him to smash the box before the call is completed). An auto attack animation for teabaggers will help, without punishing counsellors who are just trying to comllete objectives. It removes the douches without watering down confrontations between good counsellors and jason.

In terms of defenses, he has block, grab and attack. He also has traps, morph, shift, stalk, and throwing knives. Stalk can be combined with any of those abilities for an element of surprise.  If they are smart, a player will not play jason like a bull against good counsellors. They will hunt with him and analyze the other players. See a large group? Time your stalk shift rather than charging them head on. Target one player with throwing knives. Etc etc. 

Oh they all have bats? If you arent giving up an escape, block and let them hit you. Sure, you might take a beating for a minute but all the bats in the game will be broken.

Jason has lots of ways to deal with groups, but the player has to think about it carefully and strategize. If they can't do that in a QP match then that is on them. Plus, Jasons can do a lot to avoid even being in that situation in the first place.

Jason is not a bull. Playing him like one isn't always the best option.

• Thanks 1

Just now, AdmiralJT said:

It may be annoying, but eventually they will run out of bats and wrenches, or eventually you will kill one, then you'll kill another one, and pretty soon they've broken ranks and they are on the run again. 

Haha.. Not against a good coordinated group of counselors they wont, Jason will be dead long before that happens.

Jason balance is catered to the mindless lone-wolfing masses in QP, not for group play. Play with a good group  that knows how to abuse the broken mechanics in this game and you will quickly realize that Jason doesn't have even an inkling of a chance to wipe the lobby.

• Like 1

hahaha its so funny when people come to the forums to cry and create new topics, come on dude go on and keep playing, git gud, everyone of us have bad moments and good moments, sometimes I do 8/8 with Jason very easy, sometimes its very hard because they are organized counselors, it happens its normal, improve your skills to combat instead of making ridiculous suggestions.

Really, yesterday in QP I saw the most noob Jasons you could imagine and even with that they made "no survivors" match, they didnt trap any objetive, they didnt move correctly, many of them were kids and somehow they managed to make 8/8 lol 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Psychosocial23 said:

Haha.. Not against a good coordinated group of counselors they wont, Jason will be dead long before that happens.

Jason balance is catered to the mindless lone-wolfing masses in QP, not for group play. Play with a good group  that knows how to abuse the broken mechanics in this game and you will quickly realize that Jason doesn't have even an inkling of a chance to wipe the lobby.

To wipe the lobby? 

Against truly great, coordinated, pro counsellors he shouldnt wipe the lobby all the time. Sure, sometiimes, but he should also have bad games and mediocre games too.

Furthermore, Jason has 3 seconds of stun immunity. Why would he be dead? He can morph or shift away, or block. If someone has the sweater and Tommy is already on the scene with a machete in hand then he might be dead, but that would have a lot to do with him making mistakes earlier in the match, and any Jason wadding into a pro group that is already equipped for the kill probably deserves to die.

I play QP and Private, with all levels of players. I have never been killed. But in good private lobbies I have come close. Still, if I notice that I am near death I am going to be on my toes and change my strategy.

Again, if someone plays Jason like a bull in all circumstances then yeah, they will run into problems, but that is there own fault. Don't blame the game for not changing your approach to suit the situation.

9 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Well.  It doesn't happen very often in QP I find.  At least not in that type of coordinated effort.   But it when does happen... Oh SHIT!!! 

It used to be much worse in quick play. October was horrendous, but I did get lots of practice at fighting groups of Chads. Chads are the worst. Everyone else's weapons break fairly quickly in comparison, some quicker than others. If you see three or more Chads in a lobby... you already have a good idea of what you will be facing in the game if you are Jason.
   If Chad's luck was nerfed, or just the number of times he could use a weapon be cut in half, this could help. But if other counselors could use their weapons more often because of this, it would make things worse. A ground kill for Jason could help as well, or even a weapon sweep while he is down that puts the counselor's on their backs too. Even an actual stun immunity, if it is not too long.

15 hours ago, Gummybish said:

Was this in a private match or in a public match?

QP.  Haven't played a Private Match.

yea.. If this is how it is in private matches.  I would be rage quitting all the time as Jason. ROFLMAO . 

5 minutes ago, Ahab said:

It used to be much worse in quick play. October was horrendous, but I did get lots of practice at fighting groups of Chads. Chads are the worst. Everyone else's weapons break fairly quickly in comparison, some quicker than others. If you see three or more Chads in a lobby... you already have a good idea of what you will be facing in the game if you are Jason.
   If Chad's luck was nerfed, or just the number of times he could use a weapon be cut in half, this could help. But if other counselors could use their weapons more often because of this, it would make things worse. A ground kill for Jason could help as well, or even a weapon sweep while he is down that puts the counselor's on their backs too. Even an actual stun immunity, if it is not too long.

A ground attack to combat teabaggers and trolls would be just dandy, but beyond that, if people are getting their butts handed to them in an honest game then they need to look in the mirror.

7 minutes ago, Psychosocial23 said:

, Jason will be dead long before that happens.

Why? What mistake did the Jason make to get himself killed? Going up against a group isn't a death sentence. To kill him someone had to call Tommy, if Jason had kept the power off no one could call him. Someone also has to get the sweater. Why did Jason let someone get into his shack get the sweater and escape back to a group? Being killed as Jason is preventable, so is getting mobbed and getting beaten repeatedly.

12 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Getting gang attacked early in the match is a good thing because it means you get Rage sooner.

I've saw matches where even in Rage, Jason was still being treated like a piñata.

16 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Getting gang attacked early in the match is a good thing because it means you get Rage sooner.

Unless they have machetes.

10 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Yes, 3 second stun immunity is fine. Thats my point. He has three seconds to block, attack, grab, morph, or shift (and he can get an early start on a few of those things while stunned). A smart Jason will take advantage if those 3 seconds. He doesn't need more.

If stun immunity goes up to ten seconds, then counsellors will be forced to abandon any obectives they are working on. It will deter trolls, but will also deter teamwork on objectives, which is a very bad thing (for example, if a counsellor is trying to prevent Jason from smashing the fuse box, it would be impossible as Jason could have ten seconds of stun immunity, more than enough time for him to smash the box before the call is completed). An auto attack animation for teabaggers will help, without punishing counsellors who are just trying to comllete objectives. It removes the douches without watering down confrontations between good counsellors and jason.

In terms of defenses, he has block, grab and attack. He also has traps, morph, shift, stalk, and throwing knives. Stalk can be combined with any of those abilities for an element of surprise.  If they are smart, a player will not play jason like a bull against good counsellors. They will hunt with him and analyze the other players. See a large group? Time your stalk shift rather than charging them head on. Target one player with throwing knives. Etc etc. 

Oh they all have bats? If you arent giving up an escape, block and let them hit you. Sure, you might take a beating for a minute but all the bats in the game will be broken.

Jason has lots of ways to deal with groups, but the player has to think about it carefully and strategize. If they can't do that in a QP match then that is on them. Plus, Jasons can do a lot to avoid even being in that situation in the first place.

Jason is not a bull. Playing him like one isn't always the best option.

I have seen some chain stunning action that would make you believe there is no stun immunity.... its too bad I am still not in the habit of filming matches. 
   The battle Chads have come at me a great many times. Many of those times I can do nothing.... no slash, no combat stance and block or throwing a knife before being stunned again (not for any kind of lack of trying). But not necessarily between every stun. Sometimes I can get into block, or a slash (sometimes two) before being stunned again. With all the practice I have had at this I do pretty well, but still find it frustrating. Knives do not help here as much as you would think.... still too many med sprays (I found 6 in my last game, can still only carry three though). Besides, I like to save the knives just in case this is a distraction for Tommy and sweater girl to come in, then yes..... a major shift and morph addition to tactics works with enough knives. I have used more than twelve knives on sweater girl alone once in this situation (all of them hit, still too many med sprays). If you used them all on the battle Chads... then things can turn deadly for Jason quickly. Not seeing how stalk is helping against fighting a group, other than a surprise shift slash, you might even get in a second slash this way before being stunned.
    Not being able to chain stun Jason will only deter teamwork for those who can only beat on Jason and can't figure out how to do anything else. Circle around and come back to an objective. He can only chase one counselor at a time. I have led Jason away from objectives for others to fix (without having to use any kind of rude taunting) many times. When even one counselor stays near an objective the Jason player does not want completed, then Jason is not going anywhere if he sees them. Most people forget how far Jason's sense range goes (some rely on sense avoidance perks and cry if it didn't work, because... you know...45% should work all the time). One weapon stun and some firecrackers are enough to get the call off at the box, so long as someone is beside the phone and ready to call. Pretty far from impossible. Fixing things in Jason's face does not need chain stunning to be effective. I am sure many other players have similar tactics that make chain stunning totally unnecessary. In fact, I regularly play with several.
    I agree a ten second stun immunity is taking it too far. But more than three seconds is needed. Jason should never get a stun resistance to shotguns, flare guns and firecrackers. Shotguns, we do not need to explain why there should be no resistance, ever. Flares burn very hot, it is just a good game mechanic that should stay. Firecrackers.....well they are bright and are so very loud.
    People don't need to look in the mirror to see the problem, its in the game.... not in the mirror. Many people don't have the time or patience to 'get good' at fighting groups of Chads.
    I have several people in my friends list that I cannot convince to play this game again because of frustration caused by this in their first few games as Jason. Chances are, they are far from the only people that put the game down because of this. Its a problem that needs to be dealt with and that is why we discuss.....stuff.

I have to apologise for riling things up with my statement about the 10 second stun resistance idea. After some more thought on it, I do agree 10 seconds would be too much. I feel like 5 seconds would be more reasonable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, AdmiralJT said:

Why? What mistake did the Jason make to get himself killed? Going up against a group isn't a death sentence. To kill him someone had to call Tommy, if Jason had kept the power off no one could call him. Someone also has to get the sweater. Why did Jason let someone get into his shack get the sweater and escape back to a group? Being killed as Jason is preventable, so is getting mobbed and getting beaten repeatedly.

It doesn't matter what Jason does, counselors can guarantee a kill every match if they abuse the broken game mechanics like I said. All you have to do is stun him or knock him on his ass once and 2 high strength chars can de-mask him before he can even react.

I'll upload the match I just played 10 minutes ago, the group i'm running with has racked up 60 Jason kills in the last 4 days. Easily could be over 70-80 if the sweater didn't get bugged so often..

Note: This isn't the best Jason in the world but it still proves my point that the game is broken. You will see 2 Bugsy players de-mask Jason before he gets full character control back after a cracker stun. Ignore the extra 30 seconds at the end as I forgot to cut OBS.

(It's only in 360p right now but it will unlock the other quality options in time)

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

I agree a ten second stun immunity is taking it too far. But more than three seconds is needed.

Fix chain stunning but 3 seconds stun immunity is more than enough as long a Jason can do a action (like blocking or grabbing) coming out of stun.

Overall it still pretty easy for Jason in QP.  Its just the truth.  QO Lobbies aren't going to work together.     One on one, Counselors stand little chance.  I can definitely see how under-powered Jason would be in private match team-play though.  Theres gotta be a happy medium somehow between the two.   If he's going up against a coordinate lobby of Private Match bullies in groups, its gonna be pretty damn hard to overcome that though 

11 hours ago, Ahab said:

I have seen some chain stunning action that would make you believe there is no stun immunity.... its too bad I am still not in the habit of filming matches. 
   The battle Chads have come at me a great many times. Many of those times I can do nothing.... no slash, no combat stance and block or throwing a knife before being stunned again (not for any kind of lack of trying). But not necessarily between every stun. Sometimes I can get into block, or a slash (sometimes two) before being stunned again. With all the practice I have had at this I do pretty well, but still find it frustrating. Knives do not help here as much as you would think.... still too many med sprays (I found 6 in my last game, can still only carry three though). Besides, I like to save the knives just in case this is a distraction for Tommy and sweater girl to come in, then yes..... a major shift and morph addition to tactics works with enough knives. I have used more than twelve knives on sweater girl alone once in this situation (all of them hit, still too many med sprays). If you used them all on the battle Chads... then things can turn deadly for Jason quickly. Not seeing how stalk is helping against fighting a group, other than a surprise shift slash, you might even get in a second slash this way before being stunned.
    Not being able to chain stun Jason will only deter teamwork for those who can only beat on Jason and can't figure out how to do anything else. Circle around and come back to an objective. He can only chase one counselor at a time. I have led Jason away from objectives for others to fix (without having to use any kind of rude taunting) many times. When even one counselor stays near an objective the Jason player does not want completed, then Jason is not going anywhere if he sees them. Most people forget how far Jason's sense range goes (some rely on sense avoidance perks and cry if it didn't work, because... you know...45% should work all the time). One weapon stun and some firecrackers are enough to get the call off at the box, so long as someone is beside the phone and ready to call. Pretty far from impossible. Fixing things in Jason's face does not need chain stunning to be effective. I am sure many other players have similar tactics that make chain stunning totally unnecessary. In fact, I regularly play with several.
    I agree a ten second stun immunity is taking it too far. But more than three seconds is needed. Jason should never get a stun resistance to shotguns, flare guns and firecrackers. Shotguns, we do not need to explain why there should be no resistance, ever. Flares burn very hot, it is just a good game mechanic that should stay. Firecrackers.....well they are bright and are so very loud.
    People don't need to look in the mirror to see the problem, its in the game.... not in the mirror. Many people don't have the time or patience to 'get good' at fighting groups of Chads.
    I have several people in my friends list that I cannot convince to play this game again because of frustration caused by this in their first few games as Jason. Chances are, they are far from the only people that put the game down because of this. Its a problem that needs to be dealt with and that is why we discuss.....stuff.

That's very strange then. I have over 400 matches as Jason and even in October, have never been chain stunned. I mean I HAVE been a little bit but every time there was an avenue I could and should have taken to avoid it. Including running away for a moment and coming back. If I see three battle chads sprinting at me and I am truly that worried about them, I'll just leave... clearly they want me preoccupied with them and I'd rather not play into their hands.

Or, if I am confident there won't be any problems, I'll just deal with them then and there. You can't just react to them though. You need to decide, Jason, what you're going to do before hand.

Contrary to what you're saying, in my experience, it's just not possible for Jason to be locked into stuns for minutes at a time unless he does his part to deserve it. Sure maybe for a moment or two, but good on the counsellors for getting me then, but for a prolonged period? Nope, that's my own fault. 

As for Jasons who won't play... yeah I have some friends like that too. They are brand new and bad at Jason. Their first few matches they got into semi-decent QP lobbies and got beat up while getting very few kills. That's simply being new and inexperienced. Getting better comes with growing pains. If someone started teabagging a new player I'd be annoyed, but new players should expect to get beat up... there's nothing embarrassing about losing when you are learning... that's how people get better. 

20 minutes ago, Psychosocial23 said:

It doesn't matter what Jason does, counselors can guarantee a kill every match if they abuse the broken game mechanics like I said. All you have to do is stun him or knock him on his ass once and 2 high strength chars can de-mask him before he can even react.

I'll upload the match I just played 10 minutes ago, the group i'm running with has racked up 60 Jason kills in the last 4 days. Easily could be over 70-80 if the sweater didn't get bugged so often..

Note: This isn't the best Jason in the world but it still proves my point that the game is broken. You will see 2 Bugsy players de-mask Jason before he gets full character control back after a cracker stun. Ignore the extra 30 seconds at the end as I forgot to cut OBS.

(It's only in 360p right now but it will unlock the other quality options in time)

Not really any compelling evidence there, all I see is a group of experienced players against a Jason they knew was low level. Yes 2 bugsys can demask Jason quickly. 1 Bugsy can do it with 2 hits. A more experienced Jason wouldn't have charged in and tried to confront a pair of bugsys wielding machetes. Also an experienced Jason wouldn't have tried to confront Tommy and a girl with the sweater by rushing at them. Congratulations you've killed 60 Jason's. How many were over level 50?