Sign in to follow this  

HI everyone,

I'm new to the forums. Still a bit new to the game. I bought it at release and played to about level 15. Then put it down because of work and a move. Anyway I've been playing pretty steady now for about 3 weeks and I had some questions that I haven't seen answered in the forums (yes I used the search).

1. Does anyone play as a buffing character? I've tried to perk out the different counselors for different play styles (I'm a fixer main). So when it came time to perk out Jenny I decided to give her Friendship, Teamwork and Marathon. Figuring that early in a map I would find a group of counselors and stick with them, improving us as a group. Does anyone play like this? Are you effective? It is hard to measure if this is a viable strategy even if I've escaped a few times.

2. "I lift things up and put them down". Maybe this seams evident, or maybe not to most people on the random matches I play. I mentioned I normally main a fixer and sometime I run into other repair parts  when I'm trying to complete a differnt objective. Such as the gas when I'm already carrying the propeller. Whenever I come across a part no matter my situation (Jason is at the door so I need to be armed) I pick up and put down the item so it shows up on the map. Of course I'm doing this to help out the team. Does anyone have an argument against doing this?

3. As a fixer main I would like to repair power boxes but I can never seem to find them besides dumb luck. Does anyone have a strategy for finding power boxes?

Also is there a good spot on the forum to find a crew, team, guild? I would love to lower the frequency of my randoms.

Thanks for reading.

GrandMoff

• Like 1

Perks definitely depend on the counselor. I use sense avoidance perks on my fixers, but a lot of people say it's pointless. It really helps sometimes, but it can also be ineffective. Other than that, I use things like slugger, thrasher, and swift attacker on fighters. I also have "my dad's a cop" on several counselors just in case.

Marking items on the map was implemented to prevent trolls from hiding parts. You're using it correctly.

Power boxes are great when you find them. I've had Jason chasing me while I intentionally mess up on repairing one and he typically (unless he actually sees you doing the repair) will morph away to a car. However, Jason needs to break it first and that doesn't happen too often. If the lights are out, check around each nearby cabin if you really want the xp. Dark cabins can also work against Jason though, so be smart about when/if you do it. Dark rooms make hiding in plain sight much easier.

There's a club for forums members on all platforms. Just drop your gt and someone will send you an invite.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/9615-good-sportsmanship-club/?tab=comments#comment-121033

There's also a newer thread for recommended players, feel free to add anyone you wish.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17159-recommended-players-all-platforms/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-238376

• Thanks 1

More targets of opportunity, then active searching.

btw Ben.

I was at game 3 of the 2004 NBA finals at the Palace and at the parade after the championship. Ben Wallace was my favorite from that era. I was born and raised in mid-Michigan in the 80s so the BadBoys are my all time favorites but the Goin to Work era is a close second.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, GrandMoff said:

More targets of opportunity, then active searching.

btw Ben.

I was at game 3 of the 2004 NBA finals at the Palace and at the parade after the championship. Ben Wallace was my favorite from that era. I was born and raised in mid-Michigan in the 80s so the BadBoys are my all time favorites but the Goin to Work ear is a close second.

Nice. Jealous!! Fear the fro! Sheed was a close second. Never been able to take in a game, let alone the finals. One of the many drawbacks of living in England. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GrandMoff said:

1. Does anyone play as a buffing character?
2. "I lift things up and put them down". [...]I pick up and put down the item so it shows up on the map. Of course I'm doing this to help out the team. Does anyone have an argument against doing this?
3. As a fixer main I would like to repair power boxes but I can never seem to find them besides dumb luck. Does anyone have a strategy for finding power boxes?

Welcome to the forums! Love the name! :)

1. Generally speaking, the most common perks I've seen in use tend to be Marathon, Medic, Thick Skin, and Swift Attacker, but one of the game's strengths is that it's entirely possible to succeed perkless. If you wanted to run a counselor that improves people in groups and plays a "leader" type character, I would definitely encourage you to do so. (What's the worst the could happen, you'd die? :P) Just be a good teammate (helping with objectives, paying attention to your map/minimap, saving other counselors when feasible, etc), and you'll already be better than 90% of the lobbies out there.

2. I *always* do this, even if I'm playing Deborah and still searching the rest of the house. It lets anyone paying attention know where one of the parts are and where it's likely to be if Jason also pops up on the map. For a fraction of a second's worth of time, the benefits are incredible. The only argument I could think of off the bat is if you're (unfortunately) playing with assholes you might think are likely to try and TK with the car. In that case, it may be a better idea to conceal any possible part locations for as long as possible.

3. A lot of it comes with experience, and a bit of general map awareness. Obviously if you hear Jason break it you'll know where it is, but even if you don't and your lights go off, you at least know where he isn't, and can cross a cabin off the list. (*Stalk warning here*)

I'm on PC myself, with my Steam info in my sig below. If you ever want someone to play with, just let me know!

• Thanks 1