DorianRo

How do you make the game enjoyable/Balanced for EVERYONE

17 minutes ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

As of now, you're just sore that you can't win this losing battle by using sarcasm.

I don't normally make modern pop culture references because they are a lot of the times garbage(this one is no exception), but that definitely deserves a

jZXrx.gif

49 minutes ago, stoney said:

@HuDawg It's a requirement if you want to escape without dying 9 times out of 10, from competent Jasons.

No its not a requirement.   But it sure as hell increase your odds of escaping or surviving a competent Jason.   What?  Should a competent Jason not be a threat?

You're totally Bizzaro..lol

6 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

They don't necessarily need to be a Vanessa. I'd say that Vanessa, Buggzy, Tiffany and Chad are all good for it. Also, almost everyone runs Medic and if you're playing a character built for kiting it's just common sense to consider thick skinned if you have it. But with medic you don't even need it most of the time.

People still readily 1vs1 Jason, they just get their ass kicked. Kids are going to be kids.

Still you're assuming that someone playing one of those fast characters are going to be baring a perk they may not have as well as willing to tank traps or kite.

It's just not the reality of Quick Play.

And if almost everyone had Medic, people wouldn't die from being immobile and I wouldn't have to heal people way less often than I do now.

What do you play on?

4 minutes ago, A.J. Mason said:

Sounds like you survive more often than not. Why do you want to see that made easier for you? Genuine question. Not being snarky.

This isn't about me, this is about the people that die while I'm the last man standing or escaping by myself or with my team. Just because it doesn't necessarily effect me doesn't mean I can't see that there's an imbalance occurring in game for the people it does.

If everyone was skilled and utilized teamwork effectively, I wouldn't have anything to complain about.

6 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

No its not a requirement.   But it sure as hell increase your odds of escaping or surviving a competent Jason.   What?  Should a competent Jason not be a threat?

You're totally Bizzaro..lol

Coming from the person who says he always sees people in QuickPlay get all objectives started at once without having communication.

I don't take you seriously anymore as logic and reality doesn't exist for you.

Edited by stoney
sorry double post

33 minutes ago, Qcici said:

I've even seen NEW PLAYERS as Jason get 8/8 multiple times against lobbies of players level 50 and above, that's pretty godamn terrible. 

I trimmed the fat from most of your post and found this to nibble on^

That Jason player is obviously not new if hes Killing 8/8 players.   Because i see actual new Jasons get beaten up, T bagged, bullied and danced on for 20 mins straight.

Man, there's a lot of salt here. I like how all the people who have no actual helpful suggestions of how to balance the game are the one's who go on a rant about how they suck at the game and want buffs for whichever their spawn preference is. Victory is earned, not handed over to yo privileged ass on a silver platter. Aren't we here to make suggestions which help the developers, not here to argue?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I trimmed the fat from most of your post and found this to nibble on^

That Jason player is obviously not new if hes Killing 8/8 players.   Because i see actual new Jasons get beaten up, T bagged, bullied and danced on for 20 mins straight.

It takes maybe 3 rounds as Jason to understand his mechanics and how to utilize them. At least it did for me and my peers.

So maybe not a level 1 new, but maybe a level 7 or 13 new.

Just now, stoney said:

Coming from the person who says he always sees people in QuickPlay get all objectives started at once without having communication.

I don't take you seriously anymore as logic and reality doesn't exist for you.

Ya because NO ONE in QP ever actually plays objectives,  communicates or ever escapes for that matter

.  Its a just a Crazzzzzie i DreAm I KEEP HavING..

To increase your odds, let's talk about that.

The balance was changed, right? The new balance favours Jason in your view, correct? Why does it favor Jason, could it be that people got used to being Rambo, rather than meek counselors fighting for their lives? Or maybe the way you play is dependent on how others play, even if you don't want it to be.

So we got seven counselors in the game, one car needs gas and a battery, so that takes two. The boat or other car also needs those things, two more. The phone house requires two to do fast, and it's nice to have a bat guarding you while you finish the call, so two more. That leaves one counselor who can juke Jason or lone wolf/hide. While searching for gas/batteries, one of the three teams will find the radio and call. This all sounds pretty ideal right? But this should happen automatically, because it's the meta to survive if your a counselor. You don't need any pocket knives if you stick together. If someone dies or a team escapes, you get the fastest, highest stamina runner to bring you a first aid, plus PK and shotgun. The counselors have every advantage, if even half the players play this way, half of them should escape. The other half of the time the lone wolf steals the car/boat, or the non teaming people run off and end up escaping. The balance wants at least some of the counselors work together, the number of objectives is balanced with the number of counselors. If you want to lone wolf it successfully, you should spend time on the forums convincing people to team. It would be to your benefit as then you could fill the lone wolf slot, right know your competing for it. If you spent time convincing fighters to guard fixers, you would benefit, instead you've spend your time trying to convince the rest of us the balance needs to be changed to suit your play style. Is that clearer? The meta for counselors should be obvious, do objectives fast and with a friend, yes there are drawers to search, but really they don't matter if your concern is just escaping.  

Start a new thread, convince players to duo it up. Popularize the meta of finding a partner every match, say by convincing people that if someone flashes their light on a closed drawer they are asking you to team. If you flash your light on the same drawer, a truce is formed or something. If you want the public matches to play differently, the forum members(and forum creepers) make up a large number of players. Convince the people your fighting with, your going to try this and see if it works. I'll help, I don't think I pull much weight here but really we all want the same thing, we just aren't communicating very well.

Just now, HuDawg said:

Ya because NO ONE in QP ever actually plays objectives,  communicates or ever escapes for that matter

Never said NO ONE ever plays objectives, communicates or ever escapes for that matter

YoooUUU muuuSSSStt bbbEeeEEEE...

2 minutes ago, FunMonster said:

Victory is earned, not handed over to yo privileged ass on a silver platter.

That's how the game should be, but sadly not how it is now.

25 minutes ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

It's funny because everything you just said actually relates to you. @Imayslaylizdaw was only asking for evidence of chain-stunning. They were telling people to please give evidence as their tests are showing that chain-stunning isn't possible. You expressed your opinion in a rude personal attack and that is when they shot back. We get it, you don't like losing arguments, but seeing as how we're going to do tests and you're not gonna do anything shows that you really don't know whether it even exists or not. Show us these supposed tests done by people who do game mechanic tests on a regular basis. Show us these results and I'll gladly say you were right. As of now, you're just sore that you can't win this losing battle by using sarcasm.

Actually, my first response in this thread was in no way rude or a personal attack. I've stated several times on this board that my preference is set to counselor, and I enjoy the fact that Jason is very imposing again. I initially stated that I have personally experienced being chain-stunned (or stun-locked, or whatever you want to call it) from both sides. If a group of counselors has the right weapons and the timing down, you can make it almost impossible for Jason to escape. My whole problem with @Imayslaylizdaw was that he came out with an ultimatum after I responded in the post. "Show me, or it didn't happen." Fuck that. Like I've said numerous times, I do not feel the need to give him any kind of proof. I don't give a damn if he, or you, believe me or not. So don't come at me with this "losing battle" bullshit. Longtime members and players that I know have seen it, as have I. Go do your tests, and have fun with them.

I am not going to call out the people on here that do game mechanics tests because I don't feel like dragging them into this train wreck of a thread. I will continue to use sarcasm, and you will continue to disbelieve what I say. That is fine. I'm sure you two will even post a couple of videos that prove that chain-stunning is not possible.  I don't record my matches, and I am not inclined to do so just to cherry-pick a few instances to satisfy you or him.

But hey man, you won the argument. Stun-locking doesn't exist. It is all a conspiracy theory devised by us "Jason ass kissers". Congrats.

6 minutes ago, stoney said:

It takes maybe 3 rounds as Jason to understand his mechanics and how to utilize them. At least it did for me and my peers.

So maybe not a level 1 new, but maybe a level 7 or 13 new.

Maybe the only reason he's low level is because everyonel keeps rage quitting, due to him whippin' everyones freakin ass all over Camp Crystal Lake.

Lol..

2 minutes ago, stoney said:

This isn't about me, this is about the people that die while I'm the last man standing or escaping by myself or with my team. Just because it doesn't necessarily effect me doesn't mean I can't see that there's an imbalance occurring in game for the people it does.

If everyone was skilled and utilized teamwork effectively, I wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Gotcha. I think ultimately the answer to the original post is: it's not possible to balance the game to make everyone happy. 

The last patch I thought was terrible. I enjoyed the game most last summer after launch. I think this current patch is a good compromise. I'd prefer to see the scales tip ever so slightly more in Jason's direction. You seem to feel they should tip a bit more towards counselor. Everyone sees the game a bit differently and hence it'll never be able to achieve balance for everyone.

This post turned into a clusterfuck. Developers aren’t gonna listen to none y’all with how y’all are talking. They did good with the last patch. If you’re only playing QP with people who don’t do anything and you die that’s on you. I play QP with 1+ more friends and we escape fine. During private matches with experienced players it may be more tense but escaping is possible. 

4 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

the forum members(and forum creepers) make up a large number of players

There's far more people who don't use the forums than that do...

11 minutes ago, A.J. Mason said:

Gotcha. I think ultimately the answer to the original post is: it's not possible to balance the game to make everyone happy. 

The last patch I thought was terrible. I enjoyed the game most last summer after launch. I think this current patch is a good compromise. I'd prefer to see the scales tip ever so slightly more in Jason's direction. You seem to feel they should tip a bit more towards counselor. Everyone sees the game a bit differently and hence it'll never be able to achieve balance for everyone.

Last summer is when the item spawn was perfect, that's the item spawn I want to come back. 

I believe Jason should be overpowered, not tipped slightly. He is indeed overpowered and would remain so even with the item spawn reverted back to normal, it would just give counselors more leverage... 

1 hour ago, Qcici said:

This topic is on fire right now, so I would like to give my opinion on this.

Yes, We can all agree that Jason is meant to be a pretty powerful entity and challenge to go against. But here's my problem.
Remember before the update aired
LIVE, when the Dev's put this in the Patch Notes?

• Reduced the number of Pocket Knives and Medical Sprays that can spawn per match

At first, I was pretty fine with this change. I thought that maybe they were gonna remove maybe 2 or 3 pocket knives from the entire Camps as a whole, and I thought that it was a pretty balanced nerf for the counselors according to what they said.

Now, when that update went LIVE with Roy (Part 5 Jason.) Words cannot describe how furious I was with the update. There's one fucking thing that pisses me off with the fucking devs, which is the fact that they never ever fucking clarify with any of the bullshit they say. How the absolute FUCK are you gonna put "Reduced the number of pocket knives that can spawn per match." But not "Tremendously Reduced the number of pocket knives that can spawn per match." This update pissed me off because now, finding a pocket knife is a fourth of the equivalency of finding a fucking Pamela Tape. Now with virtually no pocket knives in the match, how the hell do you expect me to survive the fucking game? There's rarely even anyone to help save people because a lot of people in this game are very uncoordinated and don't want to fucking work together. You even had the godamn nerves to give Jason a buff with the pocket knives, just to make me waste my stamina EVEN MORE because I fear Roy and Part 6 Jason limping me with only 2 hits from pocket knives. Let's not forget that the infamous pre-nerfed Jason grab has ONCE AGAIN, made a debut in the game.

I've even seen NEW PLAYERS as Jason get 8/8 multiple times against lobbies of players level 50 and above, that's pretty godamn terrible. This game is supposed to be BALANCED, not "Oh we favor this side-- Actually no we're fucking retarded, we like this side instead." I understand that not all people are good at Jason, so sometimes you have to resort to buffing Jason, but you don't have to fucking buff him to the point where he's virtually fucking all of us over. As a developer, your job is to make sure that both parties are happy at the end of the day. Dead By Daylight recently made a mistake, which is buffing the survivors to the point where using skill isn't present anymore. Now when a fucking Nurse or Hag or Trapper picks someone up when they're on the pallet, they can instantly stun them and not have to time it perfectly, which removes skill from the game; They also did the same with Flashlight Saves too.

My message to the developers of Gun Media and Illfonic of Friday The 13th: The Game, is: Fix your godamn game, and get your shit together. You need to really wake the fuck up and really think about how other players will react based on the poor decisions that you so choose to make.

-Qcici

download-11.jpg.49885918809f34daea3cc14743e6f209.jpg

Very good post.  It appears they DID go too far in the opposite direction.  Sure this game would be a fucking DREAM if we played as Jason every time post match now but the fact remains, we're counselors far more often than we are Jason's.  If Im going to be a counselor 85-90 percent of the time, then I will just prefer the last patch.  Give us the choice between patches at least if you incapable of balancing the game for ALL parties involved.   And don't tell us, "Just play offline bots".  The Bots are fucking useless and stupid on EVERY difficulty level.    Its fun now kicking more ass as Jason post patch, but you have to enjoy your time as a counselor too since if you get killed within a few minutes THEN WHAT??? You got to sit around for 15-20 minutes for the game to end???    When 85 percent of the counselors are now USELESS, repair counselors are completely useless, you're limited to just a few counselors with the chance to survive, and as we all know (Despite though that claim its teamwork teamwork, communication, teamwork!!!) there is LITTLE teamwork in this game.   The only way to really survive the maps in this patch is to use teamwork but relying on others just isn't REALITY at this time.   You just aren't going to find too many people to play to capture all the objectives so you have to go lonewolf which is SUICIDE now.

I don't see this game ever being balanced for both counselors and Jason, so at the very LEAST give us the option to play the patch we choose.  

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Most don't. About 25% of games no one tries to do f--k all and it's awful. Another 25% of the time you get great lobbies that push most objectives. The other 50% of the time, players do a little of this and a little of that, maybe getting one objective done and another started. QP is hardly a thriving community of Jason bashers. More often than not Jason has the upper hand unless he is a very new Jason, and yes I consider the upper hand a game where Jason is in position to get 8/8 even if he lets a few sneak through his fingers. Of course there are exceptions.

1 minute ago, DorianRo said:

Very good post.  It appears they DID go to far in the opposite direction.  Sure this game would be a fucking DREAM if we played as Jason every time post match now but the fact remains, we're counselors far more often than we are Jason's.  If Im going to be a counselors 85-90 percent of the time, then I will just prefer the last patch.  Give us the choice between patches at least if you incapable of balancing the game for ALL parties involved.   And don't tell us, "Just play offline bots".  The Bots are fucking useless and stupid on EVERY difficulty level. 

Thank you for acknowledging this, Gun Media really fucked up the balancing. This is a game where the majority of the time, you play as a counselor in the woods of Camp Crystal Lake. Gun Media really fucked up and decided to favor Jason over the counselors, when really, it should be balanced. 

Balancing in video games is a HUGE Problem in regards to the community. Nobody can ever be satisfied with anything, but that doesn't mean you should fucking give Jason a whole textbook series on how to easily kill counselors for free... People tell me that there's literally only 2-3 pocket knives total excluding Tommy Jarvis in every single match on Friday The 13th. Not only that but the knives can also spawn at areas such as Tents, which some people do not know about, which makes it harder for them to survive. My suggestion is that instead of virtually fucking everyone over and taking out every single knife, just remove 2-3 knives from the matches total, not make it to where there's only 2-3 knives.

8 minutes ago, stoney said:

There's far more people who don't use the forums than that do...

Last summer is when the item spawn was perfect, that's the item spawn I want to come back. 

I believe Jason should be overpowered, not tipped slightly. He is indeed overpowered and would remain so even with the item spawn reverted back to normal, it would just give counselors more leverage... 

I meant I'd like to see the scales tip more in Jason's direction based on where he is currently. I agree Jason should be OP. 

2 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Most don't. About 25% of games no one tries to do f--k all and it's awful. Another 25% of the time you get great lobbies that push most objectives. The other 50% of the time, players do a little of this and a little of that, maybe getting one objective done and another started. QP is hardly a thriving community of Jason bashers. More often than not Jason has the upper hand unless he is a very new Jason. Of course there are exceptions.

I think the bigger problem in quickplay is that players who have no business trying to do objectives are the ones who have the parts and lure Jason to them. It really agitates me when a buggzy  or tiffany runs past me as debbie to put the phone fuse in, or the propellor on the boat or whatever it may be and I'm standing at that objective. I understand the risk of dropping it to a troll who is going to take it and run the other way, but if I'm on the mic saying HEY I'LL PUT THAT IN... odds are as buggz you're going to mess up once. Do I mess up as Debbie, darn right I do. But these objectives don't get completed because Jason knows what you're fixing and now can babysit it until you're dead. This is a game that unfortunately requires teamwork for success, you don't really find it in quickplay but thats the way life goes. If everyone worked together and communicated with no trolling everyone would be whining the game was to easy for counselors and Jason sucked to hard. Making everyone happy is impossible.

The reality is, you just CAN"T rely on everyone in every game to be a well oiled machine going for objectives.  You have rookies who are just starting out, you have little kids, you have people that just have no interest in team objectives, you have some people with no Mics.  There are too many inconsistencies to provide a "team based" game. 

• Like 1

@Imayslaylizdaw I didn't say it did have anything to do with extraordinary claims, read my other post again..... slowly this time.
   These points were simply to point out that proof can be very simple. As you put it: "The first analogy  was used to disprove the argument that God is real because there isn't evidence to prove he isn't, but it can still be used in other situations because the moral is "The burden of proof lies on the individual making unfalsifiable claims, rather than shifting the burden of disproof to others". " Atheist and the Theists will both continue to throw "You prove it!..... No you prove it!" back and forth until one does come up with proof to support their claims (I have doubts that either ever will). There is no proof of god, there is no proof there is no god. All of this has nothing to do with this discussion. Both of their claims are "unfalsifiable", Fortunately, we still have freedom of thought (for the moment at least) and can decide for ourselves on that one (if we even want to). Why....why do we have to bring religion into it?
    Because no one has posted a video of it here yet that I know of, does not mean it hasn't been filmed. Though I doubt any of us wish to go through thousands of hours of videos on youtube. Even those that have filmed it, probably couldn't remember which video (or where in the video) it is. 
    You also said in another post: "And I trust my controlled tests rather than a Jason ass-kisser who says, 'I'm telling the truth, believe me!' I guess this will be settled once I record my tests."
    I got a good laugh out of that. So we should believe you because you did some controlled tests? You do not understand the burden of proof or the scientific method at all. For proof, you need more than one, unbiased test coming up with the same results. You seem rather biased. Remember, there are mitigating circumstances here. It is not easy to do a chain stun and far harder to keep it up for any length of time, but it happens. No weapon is 100% stun (yes I am bringing math into it again), and the timing has to be exact (also difficult to accomplish) Therefore it cannot be accomplished every single time, even by skilled players with stun perks. This does not change the FACT that it happens. (I have also been hit by a bat five times in a row and not stunned, I got called a hacker for that one)
   I am not biased on this. I question everything until I am satisfied with the answer due to proof or lack thereof. I pay attention when I am playing, many times I thought this could just be a bug or lag until I spent some thought on it and did a lot of reading on the forums, and some more thought on it. I have been stunned MANY times just as I came out of a stun, no chance to go into combat stance and block or even take a swing (and I have tried, every time this happens, I also have great reflexes and have been playing video games since pong came out). That is a chain stun. It need happen only once to you and you can no longer deny there is not even a one second stun immunity (unless, of course, you are in any way dishonest). 
    I will, however (once I understand what I am seeing, which is NOT difficult here) believe people talking about seeing the same thing I am seeing, over and over again. There are a lot of them. If, in my 516 hours (so far) in this game I had never seen it, I would still not feel the same way as you. I would keep questioning and researching the problem (if I was interested enough in it) until I was satisfied with the answer. There are many bugs in this game I have read complaints about that I have never seen in game or video proof of. I am not denying they are there. I am sure I will see some more of them before they are fixed (some of the bugs are funny, depending on what it is).
    P.S. I still have to figure out which episode I was on, I might just start over, its been a long time since I watched it. I am sure the new Halloween will at least be worth watching. I don't like going into movies like that with expectations too high, that way its hard to be disappointed.

10 minutes ago, A.J. Mason said:

I meant I'd like to see the scales tip more in Jason's direction based on where he is currently. I agree Jason should be OP. 

Oh. Yeah I obviously don't think he needs anymore buffs unless it's fixing glitches or adding a way to take on a group easier.

He's overpowered now, why would you want him even more harder to escape?

6 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

The reality is, you just CAN"T rely on everyone in every game to be a well oiled machine going for objectives.  You have rookies who are just starting out, you have little kids, you have people that just have no interest in team objectives, you have some people with no Mics.  There are too many inconsistencies to provide a "team based" game. 

Truth. But also as a 7 v 1 unbalances multiplayer game... that 1 Jason should beat 1 out of those 7  one-on-one every time. But you're right. It really is impossible to balance this game in any way to make everyone happy because it is built around teamwork as counselors for the most part and our world doesn't always work that way.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

This! I don't get why this seems to be hard for some to understand. If I could like your comment, I would.