Sign in to follow this  
i-cold

This game need a Story mode

What do we have to do to convince the devs that this would be good?  I have many ideas for this and there are many possibilities. Story Mode could be played with counselors Since the challenges is Played with Jason. The game can be Played in chapters  to remember the movies,  devs could release in chapters  PART I ,2 ,3 ETC. Showing  faithful alongside Jason / Pamela but  different from the side of the counselors since they are different peoples(except Shelly and Fox). That cutscene from Roy shivers the spine, It's not fair to just stay in multiplayer, even if it is paid I buy. It could be towards the end of 2018, every 3 months they launch a chapter.

• Like 2

i'd like that,as i've been asking for an offline counselor mode.That would be fun,though i'd also ask that they rerelease the game on a physical disc once all the offline content is done being released.Since the game has offline play now,an updated disc seems warranted,and should have the offline modes on it.

I'm pretty sure single player challenges are supposed to bring this experience? Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

14 hours ago, i-cold said:

What do we have to do to convince the devs that this would be good?  I have many ideas for this and there are many possibilities. Story Mode could be played with counselors Since the challenges is Played with Jason. The game can be Played in chapters  to remember the movies,  devs could release in chapters  PART I ,2 ,3 ETC. Showing  faithful alongside Jason / Pamela but  different from the side of the counselors since they are different peoples(except Shelly and Fox). That cutscene from Roy shivers the spine, It's not fair to just stay in multiplayer, even if it is paid I buy. It could be towards the end of 2018, every 3 months they launch a chapter.

point is every time we asking for improvements or more content devs just easily diverting our ideas into their butt without bothering themselves .

and their only excuse for it is " Low Budget , Its Hard , Expensive " while the game sold 2mil copies , i mean cmon we dont even have fix servers on consoles what do you expect from these devs haha

2 hours ago, Chetork said:

Tenho certeza de que os desafios de jogador único devem trazer essa experiência? Corrija-me se eu estiver errado nisso.

I dont think so, Storymode would have cutscenes and you play with couselours.  I even suggest that it be released in chapters  and sold by chapter I would pay. The question is,  how works? example:

- You pick up your car, go to your friends' house to find them:

- Go to Crystal lake/ Packnack/ Higgins heaven;

- Pack your things;

- Look for the lighter and light a fire;

etc....

You perform a series of tasks between cutscenes, until Jason starts attacking, Many will die, and in the end the last survivor or at most 2 must defeat Jason. After that we must wait for the next chapter. The devs promise was always the MP and offline with bots and challenges, but the game does not have to die there.

22 hours ago, i-cold said:

I dont think so, Storymode would have cutscenes and you play with couselours.  I even suggest that it be released in chapters  and sold by chapter I would pay. The question is,  how works? example:

- You pick up your car, go to your friends' house to find them:

- Go to Crystal lake/ Packnack/ Higgins heaven;

- Pack your things;

- Look for the lighter and light a fire;

etc....

You perform a series of tasks between cutscenes, until Jason starts attacking, Many will die, and in the end the last survivor or at most 2 must defeat Jason. After that we must wait for the next chapter. The devs promise was always the MP and offline with bots and challenges, but the game does not have to die there.

Or Gun Media could partner with Tell Tale Games and make story mode a whole separate game. I'd be down for that 

• Like 2

Just now, deathbat96777 said:

Or Gun Media could partner with Tell Tale Games and make story mode a whole separate game. I'd be down for that 

It's a rough comparison, when in a telltale game do you drive a car?

23 minutes ago, i-cold said:

It's a rough comparison, when in a telltale game do you drive a car?

By that same logic, why can't a Friday Telltale game be the first...? 

6 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

My suggestion was not that one. It would also be cool, Friday, 13, for telltale. A story mode playing with counselors, with a cutscenes, showing Jason's wheel between the maps, the police reporting the deaths on TV.  But the intention is to play and not just watch, The resemblance to the challenges is that the conselours would not know what's going on.

40 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

if the telltale game were to be an actual game and not the usual telltale bullshit where u just watch a one sided story with meaningless quick time events and meaningless choices that dont change shit about the entire story except for some subtle dialogue differences and you can actually play some bits by yourself and drive a car by yourself for example that would actually be amazing. but if its just to be another classic telltale production then hell no.

3 hours ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

if the telltale game were to be an actual game and not the usual telltale bullshit where u just watch a one sided story with meaningless quick time events and meaningless choices that dont change shit about the entire story except for some subtle dialogue differences and you can actually play some bits by yourself and drive a car by yourself for example that would actually be amazing. but if its just to be another classic telltale production then hell no.

Instead of Telltale imagine a game with the story mode of Until Dawn, and the multiplayer of Friday. That would be epic.

• Like 1

On 17.2.2018 at 2:11 AM, Kirbyjaws said:

Instead of Telltale imagine a game with the story mode of Until Dawn, and the multiplayer of Friday. That would be epic.

that would be badass. until dawn was really well done and felt much more like an actual game to me, and it helps that your actions ACTUALLY influenced the story.

• Like 2

Until Dawn is absolutely brilliant, the butterfly system is amazing. The fact you can finish it with everyone alive or everyone dead is so impressive, your choices really matter!

The graphics are outstanding, both the story and acting are enjoyably solid. Such an under rated game.

Would love Friday the 13th to be done in that style but understand the huge costs and development time involved. Also, it would be a short lived experience compared to the multiplayer experience we have now. Anyhoo, the single player challenges look great and should fill that gap somewhat. :)

• Thanks 1

Challengers is the Singleplayer with Jason, could have a story mode with gameplay with counselors And it could be divided into parts:  PART I, PART II, PART III ETC...

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

B5_D2797_C_4_ACC_43_E6_B13_F_9_CF2552323

I regret existing.

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

0_D1026_AD_2_FD4_44_EE_AF8_F_9_C6625_C37

Where the hell are you getting these!? Your gonna make me burn my copy of Friday the 13th 

• Haha 1

I think single player challenges will cover a lot of those moments. Sort of cinematic like moments where you set up a quick killing spree. 

I think it would be cool for a longer story to be told. Play out a movie of the original counselors. 

Would you rather play it from Jason's or the counselor's perspective?

And thanks for the deposit to the spank bank @bewareofbears. I like the second one where she is missing a hand.

• Haha 1

I'd like them to consider telling a multiplayer story, it would be a big goal but in the long run it would set a brand new standard. This isn't just a set of assets that are static, we have a huge amount of lore that can be explored in quick bite sized chunks. The core game play sets you against a real player, who you're going to have to kill repeatedly and who knows what you know. 

I just think taken in small steps this game can grow to be an amazing experience. The story has to work within the mechanics of the game, that's a possibility with the right planning, a story that can be told many ways over but always with the risk of failure. Also we wouldn't know how to beat it so it would take a good amount of time to find a group and then plug away at it till you find away through. 

Done as chapters, you can progress and save between chapters, leading too a much longer series of sessions. Possibly fighting a variety of different Jason players. It wouldn't even be possible till most of the work they already have on their plate is done. It would take time to write something this complex though, so maybe they have plans. I want a story, not from another team but this one that gave me this game, problems and all. 

1 hour ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Where the hell are you getting these!? Your gonna make me burn my copy of Friday the 13th 

9_EE71_FC3_CE5_A_4_AA1_B051_4_BFF8_D0_B9

Burn, baby, burn!