Sign in to follow this  
Dkop27

The game is overheating my PC since the new update.

Ever since the new update, the game is overheating my computer. Is this happening to anyone else? Is there a fix?

The recent update hasn't changed anything as far as I can tell, and who knows what the OP's overheating is caused by, but F13 is unusually demanding on the GPU. And obviously, that's not coming from its exquisite graphics :rolleyes:

F13 on ultra settings, 150% resolution, and 3440x1440 full screen heats my OCed 1080 Ti ftw3 significantly more than letting it run an hour of furmark's maxed settings/full screen stress test. Even after putting it under a full coverage ek waterblock on a large open loop system, the power/memory temps go to mid 50s on F13, while nothing gets out of the 40s on furmark. Compared to hours of something like ultra settings F4 with a ton of graphics mods, which doesn't raise GPU temps out of the 30s, F13 is a weird outlier.

1 minute ago, Dr. Lecter said:

The recent update hasn't changed anything as far as I can tell, and who knows what the OP's overheating is caused by, but F13 is unusually demanding on the GPU.

F13 on ultra settings, 150% resolution, and 3440x1440 full screen heats my OCed 1080 Ti ftw3 significantly more than letting it run an hour of furmark's maxed settings/full screen stress test. Even after putting it under a full coverage ek waterblock on a large open loop system, the power/memory temps go to mid 50s on F13, while nothing gets out of the 40s on furmark. Compared to hours of something like ultra settings F4 with a ton of graphics mods, which doesn't raise GPU temps out of the 30s, F13 is a weird outlier.

Shitty optimizing.

But to be fair, this patch is much better than the last in terms of performance. Still crappy with rain. But runs really well when there is none.