DasMurich

PC: Controller vs Keyboard & Mouse

4 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

No because that would be supporting Microsoft and telling game developers that I'm ok with spending money on a PC game that doesn't have a Linux version. Nope can't do that.

lol you're fighting a very, very losing battle.

But it's cute. You do you.

11 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

No because that would be supporting Microsoft and telling game developers that I'm ok with spending money on a PC game that doesn't have a Linux version. Nope can't do that.

LOL, I kinda expected that reply.  One could make the same argument regarding supporting Sony and it's proprietary console.  I'm sure RMS wouldn't approve of that ether :P lol.

7 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

lol you're fighting a very, very losing battle.

But it's cute. You do you.

Ehh, it's not as bad now as it once was.  I use Linux (gentoo specifically) day to day for everyday tasks that isn't gaming.  Today, most distros are very usable for the average user that isn't some kinda of admin.

2 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

LOL, I kinda expected that reply.  One could make the same argument regarding supporting Sony and it's proprietary console.  I'm sure RMS wouldn't approve of that ether :P lol.

I'm not a devout follower of Mr Stallman, and I don't have an issue with the technology being proprietary as much as I have an issue with Microsoft being evil. I have proprietary invidia drivers on my machine now.

Just now, AdmiralJT said:

I'm not a devout follower of Mr Stallman, and I don't have an issue with the technology being proprietary as much as I have an issue with Microsoft being evil. I have proprietary invidia drivers on my machine now.

Haha, most aren't that hardened, lol.  RMS comment was a joke.

11 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Haha, most aren't that hardened, lol.  RMS comment was a joke.

I could tell.

I will forever be more comfortable with a controller. 

Mouse & Keyboard takes me out of it (partially because I have minimal gaming experience with them). It feels too technical. I also don't like that it glues me to a more or less fixed position. None of it feels natural/intuitive. You also have to have a suitable set-up. I don't have a traditional desk for my PC because it's not my work computer, it's my casual computer. 

With that said, with all the games I play on PC (which are few, and mostly console ports), I always use somewhat of a combination of the 2. 

For GTA 5, if I'm camped up and providing cover-fire, I'll use the controller to hold aim, and use the mouse to position the shots and shoot.

For F13, I use the mouse to drop morph points because it's faster and there's less chance of error. 

I do wanna learn mouse and keyboard though. 

So I got a new computer and holy shit, shifting is smooth as silk.

I had to run this game on pretty low settings to keep it smooth, at least I thought it was running smoothly, on my last rig. 

Apparently had nothing to do with keyboard and mouse vs controller.

I can now run the game flawlessly with everything set to epic; it's night and day. And I'm not just talking graphic quality, the performance is obscenely better. Shifting, throwing knives, driving...all of it.

28 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

So I got a new computer and holy shit, shifting is smooth as silk.

I had to run this game on pretty low settings to keep it smooth, at least I thought it was running smoothly, on my last rig. 

Apparently had nothing to do with keyboard and mouse vs controller.

I can now run the game flawlessly with everything set to epic; it's night and day. And I'm not just talking graphic quality, the performance is obscenely better. Shifting, throwing knives, driving...all of it.

What are the specs?

54 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

What are the specs?

i7-8700 3.2 ghz, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060, 16gb ddr4 ram.

6 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

i7-8700 3.2 ghz, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060, 16gb ddr4 ram.

Nice, I just built a Ryzen 5 machine with a 1060. I got lucky and picked the GPU before the prices got crazy stupid.