AldermachXI

Hitting Jason through Doors - Intended or Not?

Should you be able to hit THROUGH doors?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Should you be able to hit THROUGH doors?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Qcici said:

@[IllFonic]Courier

There's one thing I'm not going to like w/ this door stun update.

Like I mentioned earlier, a lot of people are going to lock on Part 4 Jason now since he's going to SUPER pressure all of the counselors. Counselors cannot stall time w/ door stuns, he can break in super quickly, he can slash you to death, etc. You won't have enough time to situate yourself if you're getting chased by him and you enter a cabin. 

They need to compensate something w/ the door stunning update and Part 4 Jason, I guess you could say the new grab is one, but we cannot be sure since we as the community haven't tested the new grab at all. If the grab is still good, maybe change +Destruction Jason hits from 3 to 4. Even though it adds an additional hit to doors, it would still make a relatively good difference. 

PLEASE monitor the feedback of Part 4 Jason when the update releases, keep a close eye on him. 

No! No more neutering of Jason lol! He is supposed to be hard as fuck to kill/escape.

• Thanks 2

Just now, jameson87 said:

No! No more neutering of Jason lol! He is supposed to be hard as fuck to kill/escape.

Yeah, he's supposed to be hard to escape from, but he's not supposed to be nearly impossible to escape from.

2 minutes ago, noahvt said:

Let’s not forget lots of people still play as jenny/lachappa/deborah for some reason.

A combat stancing Part 4 can break a door in ~3 seconds giving the low stamina counselor no time to recover from long runs on big maps.

Don't stick around. Get in, lock the door. Get some stamina and split. Don't try to take the big guy on.

7 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

?

Ah man this forum. Are you guys actually so naive to think that counselors who door hit Jason had no other ways to hit him? You will see just how little this change benefits Jason when it goes through. Everyone that’s good at combat in general will still be taking Jasons to stun city.

One I'm saying if you watch how it is now people wait by the door to hit Jason. People hit him to buy time, now you gotta out smart Jason and relearn better ways to escape. There are ways to hit him, I think you can still hit him through windows. Tho why he'll be right next to the window allowing you to hit him doesn't make sense to me. 

11 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

So many people are gonna have to relearn how to play now.

Yeah don't stay near the door. Run bitch ruuuuuuuuuuuun! (Insert gif here) 

6 minutes ago, Qcici said:

@[IllFonic]Courier

There's one thing I'm not going to like w/ this door stun update.

Like I mentioned earlier, a lot of people are going to lock on Part 4 Jason now since he's going to SUPER pressure all of the counselors. Counselors cannot stall time w/ door stuns, he can break in super quickly, he can slash you to death, etc. You won't have enough time to situate yourself if you're getting chased by him and you enter a cabin. 

They need to compensate something w/ the door stunning update and Part 4 Jason, I guess you could say the new grab is one, but we cannot be sure since we as the community haven't tested the new grab at all. If the grab is still good, maybe change +Destruction Jason hits from 3 to 4. Even though it adds an additional hit to doors, it would still make a relatively good difference. 

PLEASE monitor the feedback of Part 4 Jason when the update releases, keep a close eye on him. 

I am going to have to disagree with you here. I mainly play as Part 4 and when someone locks themselves in a cabin I actually HOPE they are trying to door stun me, it's easier for me to catch them, then if they ran to some other cabin, which is annoying with his -shift.

You gain nothing by stunning Jason at a door because you haven't moved from the door. Yes, it might take a little longer to knock the door down, but as a counselor, you haven't moved, you haven't gained any ground, and your weapon is now not as durable as it was before.

Part 4 is fine. And really.....he's more like Part 8's poor cousin. I used Part 8 the other night trying to lure people into getting some boat kills, and I was surprised at how easy it was to play as him. The only difference is the Can Run part, and with 8's shift, it actually doesn't matter.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Qcici said:

Yeah, he's supposed to be hard to escape from, but he's not supposed to be nearly impossible to escape from.

I am ok with nearly impossible.....as it is still possible just hard as fuck.

8 minutes ago, noahvt said:

Let’s not forget lots of people still play as jenny/lachappa/deborah for some reason.

A combat stancing Part 4 can break a door in ~3 seconds giving the low stamina counselor no time to recover from long runs on big maps.

Also, a lot of people seemingly want Jason to be unstunnable so they have to put 0 effort into killing counselors. This ain’t deathgarden...

Never said we didn't want him stunnable. But cheap stuns, and constant chain stuns are ridiculous and need to be fixed.

7 minutes ago, noahvt said:

Also, a lot of people seemingly want Jason to be unstunnable so they have to put 0 effort into killing counselors. This ain’t deathgarden...

Don't hide in the 1 room cabins, those are killboxes, use the bigger cabins that allow you more than 1 way out.

8 minutes ago, noahvt said:

I play as Deb and Lachappa all the time. The reason is I usually escape.

2 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Don't hide in the 1 room cabins, those are killboxes, use the bigger cabins that allow you more than 1 way out.

Another good bit of advice.

13 minutes ago, Qcici said:

Im pretty sure no more than 2 counselors survive in any of the films. The same should apply to the game. Trolling Jason should never happen.

Just now, noahvt said:

Or any map in general lol.

You have to really think about these changes, guys. You have to understand that the majority of the time you play FT13, you are playing a COUNSELOR (unless you play offline bots or is gonna play SP challenges more often than quick play for some reason.)

You don't wanna have to go in every lobby and see every player pick Part 4 Jason, knowing that you're guaranteed going to die and you have no chance of escaping. This door stun update really indirectly nerfs the repair characters like Deborah and Lachappa almost to the ground. You guys complain about people not repairing objectives and lobbies filled with Vanessas and Buggzys and Jason Hunters, when this update could be a factor of worsening it all. You have to think on both sides here.

Sure, the door stunning update is wonderful for players who seem to struggle with not blocking or angeling themselves to a position where they cannot get hit, but you have to understand that the valuable repair characters like Deborah, AJ, and Lachappa are going to be less present in lobbies because of pressuring Jasons like Part 4 with this new door stun update. Y'know, I want to play a match at least knowing that I have a CHANCE of escape, not GUARANTEED to die every single time. You're basically giving Jasons like Part 4 FREE wins here, that's not what good games are SUPPOSED to be about. You're supposed to put at least GOOD effort in performing an 8/8 sweep, not LAZY effort and doing 8/8. On a side note, this is starting to remind me of Overwatch, where low skill characters outshine characters with high skill. 

Your argument may be, "BuT JaSON iS a PoWERFuL KIlllEEERRR!!!" That's still not a good excuse to make him the virtual epiphany of hell to repair counselors. 

8 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Never said we didn't want him unstunnable. But cheap stuns, and constant chain stuns are ridiculous and need to be fixed.

The irony in all this is that the Jasons who do allow themselves to get stunned through doors, or through other “cheap” methods because they can’t learn even basic technique to counter it, will benefit least from changes like this. Because players who refuse to learn or adapt won’t be good at any aspect of the game regardless.

All instances of chains stuns are also limited to 2 stuns consecutively, you can’t be constantly chain-stunned or stun-locked or whatever.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Im pretty sure no more than 2 counselors survive in any of the films. The same should apply to the game.

Illfonic said that the game is coded to have 3 people survive on average. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

The irony in all this is that the Jasons who do allow themselves to get stunned through doors, or through other “cheap” methods because they can’t learn even basic technique to counter it, will benefit least from changes like this. Because players who refuse to learn or adapt won’t be good at any aspect of the game regardless.

All instances of chains stuns are also limited to 2 stuns consecutively, you can’t be constantly chain-stunned or stun-locked or whatever.

For someone who says they’re here to help, you sure are condescending. ?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Qcici said:

Or any map in general lol.

You have to really think about these changes, guys. You have to understand that the majority of the time you play FT13, you are playing a COUNSELOR (unless you play offline bots or is gonna play SP challenges more often than quick play for some reason.)

You don't wanna have to go in every lobby and see every player pick Part 4 Jason, knowing that you're guaranteed going to die and you have no chance of escaping. This door stun update really indirectly nerfs the repair characters like Deborah and Lachappa almost to the ground. You guys complain about people not repairing objectives and lobbies filled with Vanessas and Buggzys and Jason Hunters, when this update could be a factor of worsening it all. You have to think on both sides here.

Sure, the door stunning update is wonderful for players who seem to struggle with not blocking or angeling themselves to a position where they cannot get hit, but you have to understand that the valuable repair characters like Deborah, AJ, and Lachappa are going to be less present in lobbies because of pressuring Jasons like Part 4 with this new door stun update. Y'know, I want to play a match at least knowing that I have a CHANCE of escape, not GUARANTEED to die every single time. You're basically giving Jasons like Part 4 FREE wins here, that's not what good games are SUPPOSED to be about. You're supposed to put at least GOOD effort in performing an 8/8 sweep, not LAZY effort and doing 8/8. On a side note, this is starting to remind me of Overwatch, where low skill characters outshine characters with high skill. 

Your argument may be, "BuT JaSON iS a PoWERFuL KIlllEEERRR!!!" That's still not a good excuse to make him the virtual epiphany of hell to repair counselors. 

Going up against a part 4 now is not even remotely close to a gauranteed death. Removing door stunning isn't going to make that much of a difference. If that is the only thing you know how to do, you may as well quit playing now.

15 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Don't stick around. Get in, lock the door. Get some stamina and split. Don't try to take the big guy on.

You know how much stamina regens when you're at max fear? That's really funny there. You virtually CANNOT gain any stamina if you have a Part 4 Jason around. 

If I DON'T hit Part 4 Jason, I won't get the stamina boost. In simpler terms:

Run Away=Less Stamina

Hit Jason=More Stamina (Worthless if he blocks, he'll insta grab you right after you hit him.)

8 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

All instance of chains stuns are also limited to 2 stuns consecutively, you can’t be constantly chain-stunned or stun-locked or whatever.

The counter to that is folks always trying to exploit faults in mechanics and make them some "meta technique" if it was an unintended outcome of bad mechanics and design bring attention to developers and leave it alone. Don't try to exploit it and claim it is some godsend technique when it clearly wasn't, was addressed as an unintended mechanic, and now they are getting rid of it. Awesome.

8 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

You will find I am always gracious to players who are humble and simply looking to learn. There is a big difference between someone saying -

“I’m having a problem with this could you please help me?”

Or

“GAME IS BROKEN FIX NOW”.

It’s obviously the latter that is hard for me to tolerate, especially when there are easy solutions already available. But for players like that it does not even occur to them that there might be something they can learn to have more success in a match.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

You have to let them stun you once in awhile. Otherwise they might actually run away.

@Tommy86

You’re not very helpful. Your opinions have to be accepted as fact or you act like a spoiled child who didn’t get his way. Grow up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Just now, bewareofbears said:

That's terrible method of delivery. "Hey idiot! Let me teach you something, moron!"

9 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Because players who refuse to learn or adapt won’t be good at any aspect of the game regardless.

The big piece of reality you're missing is that almost no one will take the time or have the interest to figure all this shit out. It's not because they're dumb, it's because they just wanna play a game and not have to reverse engineer it. If this type of info is not easily available (aka tutorial modes) most will not care to come to the forums or search too deep for it. If they're good players in general, they'll organically pick up enough shit to be successful enough to not find the need to go much deeper. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Going up against a part 4 now is not even remotely close to a gauranteed death. Removing door stunning isn't going to make that much of a difference. If that is the only thing you know how to do, you may as well quit playing now.

If you play a repair counselor, it's almost guaranteed death. To the skilled Jason players like @Tommy86 or @bewareofbears who know VARIOUS of useful strats of the game such as Shift Juking and insta grabbing people after a block, you can really easily pressure and kill off the useful counselors of the game. If I have to see everyone pick part 4 Jason and nobody wants to play any repair characters in lobbies since they know they're going to die playing Deborah or AJ, I might as well retire from this game and possibly this community entirely. Door stunning against pressure-Jasons like Part 4 acted like a stalling moment, which gave you a boost of stamina and enough time to situate yourself to evaluate your escape route. Now that it's gone: high repair players cannot situate theirself, they spontaneously degenerate stamina, AND they cannot gain a boost of stamina because they can't stun Jason due to the reduced stun chances in the game, along with the elimination of door stunning. 

I'm PRETTY sure you wouldn't want to be pissed off that you're doing solo ques with everyone picking Part 4 Jason and nobody in the lobby picking a repair counselor. It would be HEAVEN for you if you were Jason, but the majority of the time, you're playing counselor in the game.

9 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@Tommy86

You’re not very helpful. Your opinions have to be accepted as fact or you act like a spoiled child who didn’t get his way. Grow up.

Whatever you say. Some of what I post are opinions, some of it is fact. When people are presented with facts and choose to ignore them, that is a sign of either huge ego or low intelligence. 

Even among good players there are disagreements on things and that is fine. But many people on here are incapable of having a discussion on the game without getting offended or riled up unfortunately.

And let’s face it, you are friends with some of the most condescending people on the forum who will do their best to intimidate in any discussion. I don’t think my attitude is half-bad in comparison.

1 minute ago, Qcici said:

If you play a repair counselor, it's almost guaranteed death. To the skilled Jason players like @Tommy86 or @bewareofbears who know VARIOUS of useful strats of the game such as Shift Juking and insta grabbing people after a block, you can really easily pressure and kill off the useful counselors of the game. If I have to see everyone pick part 4 Jason and nobody wants to play any repair characters in lobbies since they know they're going to die playing Deborah or AJ, I might as well retire from this game and possibly this community entirely. Door stunning against pressure-Jasons like Part 4 acted like a stalling moment, which gave you a boost of stamina and enough time to situate yourself to evaluate your escape route. Now that it's gone: high repair players cannot situate theirself, they spontaneously degenerate stamina, AND they cannot gain a boost of stamina because they can't stun Jason due to the reduced stun chances in the game, along with the elimination of door stunning. 

I'm PRETTY sure you wouldn't want to be pissed off that you're doing solo ques with everyone picking Part 4 Jason and nobody in the lobby picking a repair counselor. It would be HEAVEN for you if you were Jason, but the majority of the time, you're playing counselor in the game.

You're being overdramatic, I play repair characters and it's not nearly as rough as you're trying to make it sound. 

• Like 1