AldermachXI

Hitting Jason through Doors - Intended or Not?

Should you be able to hit THROUGH doors?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Should you be able to hit THROUGH doors?

• Yes
    • No

No, it's a bit silly. I don't hate it but I'd rather door Combat be something different like a shotgun trap then the way it currently works. If it does get changed I'd like them to change other things about it too, boards to block it to go along with the traps. Jason should be able to visit his shack and get more bear traps as well to balance it out.

Edit - missed the post, good news as far as I'm concerned.

17 minutes ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to confirm that we have taken in your feedback about door combat and there will be changes implemented into this upcoming patch.

Counselors will no longer be able to attack Jason through damaged doors, but Jason will be able to sometimes hit the counselors if they are too close to the door while he is breaking it down.

I guess that settles that.

1 hour ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to confirm that we have taken in your feedback about door combat and there will be changes implemented into this upcoming patch.

Counselors will no longer be able to attack Jason through damaged doors, but Jason will be able to sometimes hit the counselors if they are too close to the door while he is breaking it down.

That's awesome thanks!!! No more free cheap stuns for all yall :ajsaltbae:

Well I'll be damned. 

Hopefully they fixed the other hit detection issues w/ Jason and the counselors.

Its a step in the right direction.

But I won't be throwing any parties until hit/melee detection is more solid and something is done about emotes in terms of a gameplay perspective. Whether its costing stamina, keeping counselors from cancelling the animation/forcing them to play it through entirely or allowing Jason to grab when he's down, maybe for instant kills or multi kills.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZnxPrA7VJr9FjgYaZ3_g

not gonna read this novel, but wanna point out what your 400 cucklord comments got... ya fkn dorks. that was a nice lil easter egg. next plz band together over somethin other than outfit emotes and we can be friends again.

The only people happy about this are the monkeys that never learned you can block the second the weapon hits the doorframe to block all hits and waste their dura

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

So what is it you’ve done exactly? Provided Jason with stun + damage immunity during door animation?

Or have you removed the option to combat stance the door entirely? Since presumably, if the weapon would bounce back off the door for counselor, it would also bounce back for Jason. Really hope you guys haven’t done that, the door breaking animation is ridiculously slow.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sweet. Say goodbye to free, cheap stuns. Makes sense as a bladed weapon crashing through the door when standing close should deal damage, but clipping a bat or wrench through a closed door should not be an option.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

So what is it you’ve done exactly? Provided Jason with stun + damage immunity during door animation?

Or have you removed the option to combat stance the door entirely? Since presumably, if the weapon would bounce back off the door for counselor, it would also bounce back for Jason. Really hope you guys haven’t done that, the door breaking animation is ridiculously slow.

I'm too wondering what was changed to "patched" this. Is the door treated like a wall and weapons bounce off of it?  If this is the case, as Tommy86 stated it's likely Jason cannot CS doors ether and has to use the auto break.  If that's the case, then Jason will have a big problem getting into cabins if someone is outside waiting for the auto animation, namely tommy or bugzy with a machete.

3 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Sweet. Say goodbye to free, cheap stuns. Makes sense as a bladed weapon crashing through the door when standing close should deal damage, but clipping a bat or wrench through a closed door should not be an option.

Honestly it was never a issue. Sure against a bad or inexperienced Jason you can score free stuns, but all good Jason know how to get the door down unchallenged.  

Nothing was mentioned regarding windows yet.  I wondered if that was changed as well?

4 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Honestly it was never a issue. Sure against a bad or inexperienced Jason you can score free stuns, but all good Jason know how to get the door down unchallenged.  

Nothing was mentioned regarding windows yet.  I wondered if that was changed as well?

I dont think throwing counselors through an open window should kill them unless from 2nd story. It would be cool if a counselors body has a chance to block windows too.

41 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

But I won't be throwing any parties until hit/melee detection is more solid

That's actually one of the reasons I abused door stunning. Sometimes the hit detection is so wack that I swing a bat a point-blank range and Jason doesn't get stunned or even FLINCH! The hit detection thinks that I'm not hitting Jason. Jason also has problems with the hit detection sometimes, but I don't swing often, so I really could care less. 

9 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Hate they changed the windows in the first place to this crap, but I didn't like the free stuns through the door. Thought it was cheap, and looked shitty. Pretty happy that this was changed.

• Like 1

Just now, F134Ever86 said:

I dont think throwing counselors through an open window should kill them unless from 2nd story. It would be cool if a counselors body has a chance to block windows too.

I was actually referring to CS window hitting Jason when he smashes it.  I seam to collect much salt from scrubby Jasons  lol.  

19 minutes ago, noahvt said:

Please also remove breaking a door in combat stance then... if counselors can’t hit him through doors anymore then I’d rather not see half of Jasons body + his weapon clip through the door as he hits it in combat stance.

Also quite unfair for low stamina counselors.

EDIT: at least a missed grab is a guaranteed stun now

I think it's fine, you can't hit him so you better start escaping, learn to mange your stamina and try and work with people in groups.

1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

I was actually referring to CS window hitting Jason when he smashes it.  I seam to collect much salt from scrubby Jasons  lol.  

Yeah that should have never been added. They should have left the windows as they were day one.

3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

so you better start escaping,

So many people are gonna have to relearn how to play now.

Just now, AdmiralJT said:

So many people are gonna have to learn how to play now.

I fixed it for you

1 minute ago, jameson87 said:

Yeah that should have never been added. They should have left the windows as they were day one.

I guess they added it since new players couldn't figure it out without a interactable :rolleyes:

@[IllFonic]Courier

There's one thing I'm not going to like w/ this door stun update.

Like I mentioned earlier, a lot of people are going to lock on Part 4 Jason now since he's going to SUPER pressure all of the counselors. Counselors cannot stall time w/ door stuns, he can break in super quickly, he can slash you to death, etc. You won't have enough time to situate yourself if you're getting chased by him and you enter a cabin. 

They need to compensate something w/ the door stunning update and Part 4 Jason, I guess you could say the new grab is one, but we cannot be sure since we as the community haven't tested the new grab at all. If the grab is still good, maybe change +Destruction Jason hits from 3 to 4. Even though it adds an additional hit to doors, it would still make a relatively good difference. 

PLEASE monitor the feedback of Part 4 Jason when the update releases, keep a close eye on him. 

Just now, GeneiJin said:

I guess they added it since new players couldn't figure it out without a interactable :rolleyes:

Have no idea, I know they slipped that shit in unwanted, and when people bitched they "tweaked" it instead of listening to the feedback and reverting it back to the way it was. Not very good with feedback.

4 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I think it's fine, you can't hit him so you better start escaping

?

Ah man this forum. Are you guys actually so naive to think that counselors who door hit Jason had no other ways to hit him? You will see just how little this change benefits Jason when it goes through. Everyone that’s good at combat in general will still be taking Jasons to stun city.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1