Yes deffo a big thanks for the work on the game. It also deserves gratitude for providing more free content  and  entertainment. Big thumbs up. 

26 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

That would glorious for sure!

friday5vinniedeath.jpg

I was watching this 2 nights ago while waiting for the patch to download, and I love that the latex/rubber fake head lips were starting to tear at the scenes while filming this

• Haha 1

Add me to the list of people that are happy with the update. There are still a few things that need to be fixed, but this is definitely a step in the right direction. Jason’s hit detection, chain stunning, and invisible window barriers will hopefully be addressed soon. Also, J7 is still a hot mess, let’s pray that he’s finally going to get some love.

Has anyone had that bug where you can't climb through a window, in or out? Cost me a couple of lives yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, Super Ty said:

Add me to the list of people that are happy with the update. There are still a few things that need to be fixed, but this is definitely a step in the right direction. Jason’s hit detection, chain stunning, and invisible window barriers will hopefully be addressed soon. Also, J7 is still a hot mess, let’s pray that he’s finally going to get some love.

Yeah, the "free stuns" bug me too. The ones where you knock down a door, or when you Rage through. I know you can combat stance and avoid the former. But I've had times where that still didn't prevent it (somehow). Hit detection probably has a lot to do with latency and servers as much as it does actual hitboxes. Hopefully that does improve too though. Window bubbles need to go, for sure. But I was able to grab someone in the window further along than pre-patch when I played last night...and J7...poor J7. Hopefully they get around to him at some point. It would be nice for just about every Jason to be a viable choice, and he's the only one that currently stands out as a hard pass.

Part 7 is still my favorite Jason as of now. (I am only level 14) But I practiced so much with him in offline bots that in actual online matches he's my go to. I can't seem to do better than 4 kills with part 6 Jason. I'm good with Part 3 though and haven't tried 2 yet. 

On topic I love Roy and the Pinehurst map is my absolute favorite map. This game is amazing to me. Not perfect but I still love it

I agree with the OP about how wonderful the new patch is. The game is fun again and I enjoy playing a counselor as well as Jason. This is the game I remember and I am thankful for it.

Obviously, as people mentioned there still are some bugs that need attention, but other than that this game is back on the right track for sure.

Yeah i 100% agree with the OP. I played 4 matches last night(all counsellor) and i died 3 out of 4 times. I'm not even mad, im impressed! ? Each game was intense, i barely found anything but it made me think more which in turn kept me on my toes. Well done devs, *applause* this game is back on top of the pile.

Wow. Just wow. 

I wasnt sure how I felt about Roy being added but wow. I love playing him. Hes just brutal.  Feels faster than the other runners to me. Love his kills. Love his stalk. Love the idea that hes got reduced grip strength in keeping with the idea he is human. He just feels so much fun to play. 

And Pinehurst is incredible. Somehow it feels more like I am actually IN part 5 than even Packanack feels like 2 or Higgins Haven feels like 3 and I was blown away by those 2. I dont know why.... but its all coherent. Maybe because i can better visualize the whole house from the movie and and I feel like the layout was more clear in 5. I dont know. Something about it just nails the location even more than the rest of the maps which are already fantastic. 

The Jarvis house was my favorite.  But Pinehurst just blew it away. Walking up to Violets room....then to Tommys ... walking into the office....seeing the table where they ate ...

I'm loving the fact counselor gameplay feels thrilling again. I'm very happy that it is truly satisfying to get that escape. 

I'm also digging Jason gameplay being less aggravating for the few times you get selected to be him. It's nice to have thrilling chases and close calls knowing skill of the counselors and their teamwork is what is making or breaking your match. Not endless knives, stunning, and med sprays capable of stocking a trauma ward giving everyone a safety net.

• Like 1

I had a Tommy thank me for the good chase tonight.  I felt a little bad for him because I made short work of the lobby with Jason 7, so I let him put his knife in me. Then, after he tried to window juke me and run around back into the cabin, I came around the corner on stalk and grabbed him. Selected my slow 2 handed choke just for him.

3 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I had a Tommy thank me for the good chase tonight.  I felt a little bad for him because I made short work of the lobby with Jason 7, so I let him put his knife in me. Then, after he tried to window juke me and run around back into the cabin, I came around the corner on stalk and grabbed him. Selected my slow 2 handed choke just for him.

My favorite when I want the kill to get "intimate" :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

Well said @Alkavian. I agree that the balance seems to be much better now. I enjoy playing as a counselor again. I've only had two chances to play as Jason and both times felt pretty smooth. My first time was with some friends and I finished with 5/7 kills. Not sure how they missed calling Tommy, the match lasted 14 minutes, and they are pretty good. My second match was in QP and it was sad to witness the counselor play. For some reason, the players still felt that this was a "kick Jason's ass" simulator, and I wiped them all up fairly quickly. Vanessa was the only one that successfully kited me for a while. I hope that the meta switches back to more team-based play.  Just as I didn't like surviving 9/10 matches as a counselor, I don't want a clean sweep with Jason every round either. 

How exactly would any of those ideas "nerf" Jason? It seemed to me that every item he mentioned would merely provide a small boon to counselors.I especially like the Hammer and Nails and Life Preserver options. In my opinion, none of them would cause more trolling, and it would add some much needed variety to the game. Of course, that is just how I see it.

Repeated stun parties, think of how it could be used to troll. The game is fine as is.

All your ideas of adding new items are bad. 

A survival horror game should have very limited resources. The more candy you feed them the more confident and cocky they'll become in fighting Jason. That is the bottom line.

As a counselor I want to feel helpless. That way when I do survive I feel rewarded. If someone does not see this then they are free to play something else. 

20 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Life Preserver (hand carried):  Functions as a “pocket knife” for the water. Counselor will resurface after an attempted drowning kill. Jason will be immobile for 5 seconds and have his swim speed reduced for an additional 5 seconds. Gives the counselor a slim chance to either re-mount the boat or swim to safety. I’d suggest keeping them limited to 2.

I disagree. I think the water should remain a high-risk high-reward spot.