Sign in to follow this  
tyrant666

What Kind Of Map Should The Grendel Be? Small Or Big? More Or Less Escapes? New Death/Win Condition?

This could probably be moved over to the suggestions section if needed, but this is more of a gauge on the fandom.

We know its coming, we don't know when. Some suspect they will do maps for all the remaining entries or combined versions of them

Part 6 - Forrest Green

Part 7 - Shepperd Residence

Part 8 - New York or Lazurus

Part 9 - Voorhees House/Maybe Police Station or Diner or Both

Part 10 - Grendel

Given everything to this point has been woods and iconic locations with this combination of escapes

Higgins/Packanack/Crystal Lake

1. Two Cars/Random chance of boat

2. Cops

3. Time limit

4. Kill Jason

Small Maps

1. Two Cars

2. Cops

3. Time Limit

4. Kill Jason

Pinehurst/Jarvis

1. Either 4 seater or 2 seater/One boat

2. Cops

3. Time limit

4. Kill Jason

What should the Grendel be?

1. Smaller map with same amount of escape types?

2. Smaller map with less escape types?

3. Big map with the same amount of escape types

4. Big map with less escape types?

5. Big map with more escape types?

Should the manner in which Jason is defeated be more difficult than what it is now? Even post patch, his mask can still be knocked rather easily for one step in that process.

For me, there are lot of things to take into consideration. Counselors won't be looping around from cabin to cabin on a ship. Jason's shift in theory should be very good in tight corridors. Grab will be very important. If his melee hit detection goes unchanged, it could be very problematic as he'll hit walls more than the counselors. So would the playerbase really be interested in a smaller map when they won't have cabins to keep Jason at bay anymore?

My ideal Grendel

1. Big Map With More Escape Methods

Escape 1 - 4 seat shuttle - Requires 3 repair circuits to work

Escape 2 - 2 seat shuttle - Requires 2 repair circuits to work

Escape 3 - 1 seat shuttle - Requires 1 repair circuit to work

Escape 4 - Distress Signal - Equal to the cop escape...another ship arrives and docks at one of the docking bays after 5 minutes

Escape 5 - Time Limit

Escape 6 - Jason won't be physically killed, but the Android chick is still part of the process...he's launched into outerspace in a cutscene and we see his mask in the lake on Earth 2...make it a quick cutscene though. Nobody is going to want to sit through a 2 minute cut scene after every match on Grendel.

2. End cutscene whether he kills everybody or doesn't is just him staring out a window of the Grendel...simple, creepy and effective

I think the Devs really need to make sure Grendel plays a lot different and is almost like a new game in itself compared to the other maps. This will prove controversial with the playerbase though as some love change and others don't.

I think it would be a mistake to make Grendel a smaller map. Without ways to give the counselors breathers in cabins from Jason like on the old maps. People won't want this map being small I feel in hindsight. I think many will be hoping this map has levels and layers, which also changes the Morph ability too. Sure the Grendel will have rooms and doors that can likely be locked, but they won't be able to loop Jason anywhere near as well without windows and the small corridors will be ideal for Jason in closed space.

I think map design should suite Jason in terms of tight space but big overall, but the trade off is the counselors will have more escape methods and in theory, there should be some gun type weapons with more than one bullet but not so much that it would turn the game into COD.

What kind of map should Grendel be?

tumblr_ox8clxosYP1wqpg0do3_500.gif

I'm not yet sold on this being more than a generic looking campground that takes place in the simulator.  There's simply no track record to look at and take as a sign that the devs are staffed and funded to do something truly unique with the game.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TimmyJarvis said:

I'm not yet sold on this being more than a generic looking campground that takes place in the simulator.  There's simply no track record to look at and take as a sign that the devs are staffed and funded to do something truly unique with the game.  

Absolutely fair as well.

If the centre section of the map in a forest simulation, that wouldn't necessarily make it a bad map. It gives the players a place of familiarity, where the rules are the same. If cabins are on the outer edge to act as doors to the rest of the ship, with corridors connecting them, cabin sized rooms, to hop in and out of, it could be good. Any area that dead ended, could be reconnected with a short tube, that your counselor climbs in, like a slide or chute. The game could have a sideways elevators, to move between the four corners. Just a small scary room, with two doors, and a short wait to find out if your dead. The doors should close slowly upping the fear if used to escape Jason. We probably won't have access to the whole ship, as the number of floor levels is probably limited, for Jason's benefit. So having a larger area in the centre is probably the best way to give it the size it needs to make it the most fun. If it's done with the same attention to detail that the rest of the maps have, we got nothing to worry about.

• Like 2

Well it should be like the others have mentioned either in the Crystal Lake simulator, then there should be also Jasons cabin, or the space ship itself.

But then there should be no cabin of course, and another way to call Tommy

(like e.g. a communicating system, and then he should dock with a shuttle to the ship), but also how to kill Jason.

Best would be just like in the movie.

10 minutes ago, jetlee2777 said:

Well it should be like the others have mentioned either in the Crystal Lake simulator, then there should be also Jasons cabin, or the space ship itself.

But then there should be no cabin of course, and another way to call Tommy

(like e.g. a communicating system, and then he should dock with a shuttle to the ship), but also how to kill Jason.

Best would be just like in the movie.

If they added the robot to replace Tommy on this map I would smile. 

7 minutes ago, TimmyJarvis said:

If they added the robot to replace Tommy on this map I would smile. 

The name of the robot chick was

KM-14:D

But well it could be that they will replace Tommy, as he was actually not in Jason X so... .But then it should be instead of KM-14, Elijah Brodski.

There will be a half and half map one simulated campground and ship if you ask me, 3 escape options

1. Find and repair a 'phone' and call for pick up from a ship (like cops)

2. Refuel and unclamp a 2 to 4 seater ship including new mechanics Jason can trap the refuel/clamp buttons, buttons need a repair to be used but nothing else.

3. 1 or 2 single person escape pods the need to find an escape code and then input it on the pod with a repair test too, Jason can trap pods too.