Rate the Update  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Update - A scale from 1 to 5

49 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

yes you can escape him with a repair character did it last night as mitch. I will say it again get better at the game or just play something else.

Yup, was like 34 seconds from surviving with AJ till I got reckless at Pinehurst. (Yeah, corny. I know...) And Bashed Roy with a bat a bunch of times, we got his mask off. So close to the kill, but hey it was pretty fun Right? Don't know what people are complaining about, it's challenging and tense again. I guess some people don't like that...

35 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

The purpose of a repair character has always been to try to stay off Jason's radar and fix objectives under his nose.  They should have bodyguards with them for when Jason does show up.

You got it, unfortunately players have gotten so used to having a weak killer running around that they never worked on objectives and now have to learn. A scary proposition for some!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Don’tTrustAnybody said:

Haha that’s awesome. Died with a boner.

Yup lol I had a blast still, the game felt like the old days which I like.

2 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

You got it, unfortunately players have gotten so used to having a weak killer running around that they never worked on objectives and now have to learn. A scary proposition for some!

Unfortunately objectives will probably continue to not be completed due to the reduced number of weapons available.  Some counselors will refuse to abandon their weapon in favor of picking up the gas, battery or propeller and bringing it to the objective.

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Yup lol I had a blast still, the game felt like the old days which I like.

Yeah it’s fun. It’s hard now, but not too hard as a counselor. Except for Pinehurst. Only having 2 means of escape makes that map near impossible IMO...although I did manage to escape once, largely due to a shitty Jason 

Just now, Don’tTrustAnybody said:

Yeah it’s fun. It’s hard now, but not too hard as a counselor. Except for Pinehurst. Only having 2 means of escape makes that map near impossible IMO...although I did manage to escape once, largely due to a shitty Jason 

I haven't escaped yet but that doesn't mean I'm not having fun, I've been given a chance to try and survive again which means I'm rust lol 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I haven't escaped yet but that doesn't mean I'm not having fun, I've been given a chance to try and survive again which means I'm rust lol 

Yeah the tactics have to change for sure. That’s what made it fun for me last night. It’s no longer a street gang taking turns beating on the maniac with an endless supply of weaponry. I suck and I escaped I’d say 8 of 10 times pre patch. Now? It’s definitely not so easy.

2 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Unfortunately objectives will probably continue to not be completed due to the reduced number of weapons available.  Some counselors will refuse to abandon their weapon in favor of picking up the gas, battery or propeller and bringing it to the objective.

Oh shit.... Damn, I didn't think about that. I'm afraid you're right, glad I Don't play quickplay anymore. Dear God! That must be a bloodbath! No wonder they whine about repair characters being useless targets now. I wonder if they even know they need to drop off parts at objectives for them, I doubt it. They're so used to picking up knives, sprays and weapons and heading for Jason.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I haven't played too many rounds yet, but I feel the balance is better. That portion of the update is fine with me. Pinehurst feels incomplete, especially in the main house. Violet's room looks really empty compared to what I remember from the move, and Tommy's room seems kind of off... Roy seems alright, I didn't get to try him against people though. Music is kind of loud like some people are saying. The machete shears we got are kind of shitty. I love the kills, but breaking down doors looks dumb.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy that we got the new content. I just expected more from the devs... It definitely did feel like a lazy way to do things.

My only genuine issues are with Roy. I love that he is finally in the game, but I thought there are some quirks with it.

1. Why is the animation with the garden shears the exact same as with an axe? I understand it takes time and money for new animations, but it just looks extra goofy smacking a door down with them.

2. Pamela talking to Roy is odd. They could've just turned off her voice for his skin rather than leave it on.

Gave it a 4.  Addition of Roy and Pinehurst map are incredible add-ons.  Jason is NOW a well tuned machine and loads of fun.

The reason for not giving a 5 is the lack of dedicated servers and addressing the host drops/rage quits.  The AI in the bots is also less than desirable and even on "HARD", the counselors are simply hiding in the stupidest locations and visibly seen doing it!!!

Idea for discouraging  rage quitters.  Everyone in the lobby (except for quitter) should get a big bonus XP and the deliberate quitter (game knows if the host chooses to ABORT) should be deducted XP/CP big time.  I mean a huge negative number.

Just my .02 cents worth...

9 minutes ago, Don’tTrustAnybody said:

Yeah the tactics have to change for sure. That’s what made it fun for me last night. It’s no longer a street gang taking turns beating on the maniac with an endless supply of weaponry. I suck and I escaped I’d say 8 of 10 times pre patch. Now? It’s definitely not so easy.

I still witness some moments in the game still, like Jason getting a ganged up. Tho the Chad finally met his end at the end of the night xD He did a good Hank Hill voice 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/224183115

9 hours ago, dmack621 said:

Maybe you SHOULD go play Dead By Daylight. You're definitely in the wrong game if you can't survive with the way things are. Won't be missed, that's for sure.

So you just want me to leave because I have a different opinion than you?

Stuff like that is what will make this game go downhill, Jason mains had their opinions heard. Now it's time for counselor mains to be heard as well and stop treating us like we're crybabies when you all made complaints for the past few months on the boards.

Well Jason definitely needed a buff. Having played both I always felt awful whenever I played Jason. It was like a walking pinata.

47 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

LMFAO...   Its a game based on a OP Killer. 

Not supposed to be OP?  Whaat?

I kinda already said this, but I'll say it again.

When books are made into movies, writers change the content. Books and Movies are two completely different forms of audience that require different pacing, different formats, and reach different audiences.

friday the 13th game is a game based off of the movies. In the movies he usually kills off most of the cast, but leaves some lone survivors thanks to movie logic. This is a game though, and when one class is overpowered than the other players will tend to quit if the game becomes too difficult.

I agreed with everyone with reduced pocket knives and medspray, but the grab changes and speed changes have left counselors in a state where they are getting wiped completely pretty much every match.

Jason shouldn't just be "OP cus his movie was OP" that's not how you make a good game, nor a game people will spend $40 on and play.

Just now, Chetork said:

Stuff like that is what will make this game go downhill, Jason mains had their opinions heard. Now it's time for counselor mains to be heard

Counselor mains...  LMFAO?

Nerfing Jason made this game go downhill.  As of now the game has swung back in the right direction.   Jason cannot kill everyone at the same time.  I escaped twice last night by the skin of my teeth.   Haven't had this much fun in a long time.

I'm not a Jason main, I play both. I love the challenge now, it's exciting again. If you escape you can say you earned it, I'm sorry but I thought it was far too easy as a counselor. You have every right to your opinion, no doubt. I for one won't deny you that, just adapt while it's like it is now. I had to go through these last months of frustration every time I was Jason, and got better every game. And now because of all that crap i'm better for it, raised my game and learned from my mistakes. Just switch it up, find what works are roll with it.

9 minutes ago, Raskkii said:

Well Jason definitely needed a buff. Having played both I always felt awful whenever I played Jason. It was like a walking pinata.

Definitely I called these past few months the piñata meta. Players would just grab a bunch of pocket knives and medsprays and go beat up Jason with little fear he would kill them.

pocket knife and medspray spawn rate reduced was justified.

the counselor speed decrease and Jason speed increase really wasn't and is what is really pushing him over the top right now along with the increased grab range.

Just now, Chetork said:

When books are made into movies, writers change the content. Books and Movies are two completely different forms of audience that require different pacing, different formats, and reach different audiences.

Jason shouldn't just be "OP cus his movie was OP" that's not how you make a good game, nor a game people will spend $40 on and play.

Jason should be OP because hes Jason.  And yes an OP Jason is how you make a great F13th game.  I didn't buy this game to see Jason get bullied by a bunch of weak ass counselors. And anyone who only plays counselors i simply do not relate to

IMO... Jason needs a few more changes to be perfect.     Swap Stalk with Sense..    And allow melee attacks from Jason to knock melee weapons out of counselors hands..

If I were to rate this patch out of 5 for what it was advertised as ... A balance patch ... I would give 4 out of 5 easily maybe even 5. The team have done a great job of making Jason powerful again. People are gonna moan, but already the gameplay has been more tense since Jason has been buffed. The next step in terms of counsellor/Jason balance in my opinion would be adding more gameplay interactions, such as new objectives. Also more interaction with the environment would be good. Counsellors being able to turn lights off in cabins to hide, Jason being able to set rope traps that require help from a second counsellor or a pocket knife to escape from. 

For a general patch I would only rate this patch 3 out of 5. Pinehurst map is a mix between great and too similar for me. The main house is amazing, as is the orange trees and the slightly increased variety inside cabins. The barn is cool but once again the second level has unfortunately not been accessible. And the majority of buildings being cabins was the most disappointing side. Would have liked to have had some caravans, more farm style buildings and a diner even! 

Roy is a sound Jason as far as I can tell. Scary to play against, although his story being incorporated into it would have been nice. His kills are cool - hoping to see more in a paid dlc pack soon. 

Overall the team have done a good job with the patch, but next patch I'd like to see a LOT more content, a new counsellor or two and ideally a map that's different to what we've seen already. 

Thanks Gun

Just now, HuDawg said:

Jason should be OP because hes Jason.  And yes an OP Jason is how you make a great F13th game.  I didn't buy this game to see Jason get bullied by a bunch of weak ass counselors. And anyone who only plays counselors i simply do not relate to

IMO... Jason needs a few more changes to be perfect.     Swap Stalk with Sense..    And allow melee attacks from Jason to knock melee weapons out of counselors hands..

Well I didn't buy this game to have my entire team wiped by Jason and get picked off every single match either. This game was supposed to be about doing your best to survive a serial killer and managing to do so some of the time if you played well.

i agree with swapping stalk with sense, but knocking me lee from counselor's hands is completely rediculous and it'll just make people less willing to play the game.

I have not tried the new jason yet.

I do actually hate the map but its just personal preference. I mainly use repair counselors therefore I can't be running around outside without waiting for an opportunity. With a map that big there is really no way to get away if I'm caught alone. Also since the map is so large hiding just makes my lonely.

As far as updates go, it's a very nice free update that shows that the company does support the game. Anyone who complains hard obviously has absolutely no idea of how typical updates are done on games.

Just now, Chetork said:

Well I didn't buy this game to have my entire team wiped by Jason and get picked off every single match either. This game was supposed to be about doing your best to survive a serial killer and managing to do so some of the time if you played well.

i agree with swapping stalk with sense, but knocking me lee from counselor's hands is completely rediculous and it'll just make people less willing to play the game.

Im sorry but if everyone works together and does the objectives some will escape while others die..  Nothings changed in that matter.  I played in a lobby filled with decent players all night last night.   Only one or two escaped every match.    <-------  Thats basically the sweet spot.   Jason will only wipe the entire group ( Not a team) if counselors do not work together.

And  Knocking melee weapons out of counselors hands makes perfect sense.  I mean..  Jason chops some girl in the face with an axe, she takes the hit and hits back and jason gets stunned?   THAT makes no sense,   Jason connects 1st, counselor should drop the weapon at the very last.

26 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

...which means I'm rust lol 

I'M RUST!  Aside from that, I am so far happy with the update.  It's not perfect but its closer to what it used to be in terms of tension.  Only problems I have so far is the interaction lockup problem still happens and we STILL have the force bubble at occupied windows (I have a feeling this will NEVER get fixed or they intentionally are leaving it be).  I am noticing a lot of new accounts on here crying that Jason is buffed too much, but apparentlutthey don't realize 

1.  This is Jasons game!  He is the star and SHOULD be a force to be feared (not faced).

2.  This is a survival/horror type game.  That term is meant to signify surviving against the odds with limited items and weapons while making it through your ordeal.  The original Resident Evil and Silent Hill were, while not the first, the best example of this.  Players who are complaining about Jason after this patch are either too young to remember when a challenge in games was expected and appreciated or never played anything survival/horror based.  Not every game needs to give you an arsenal of weapons and perks to "overcome" you objective (or obstacle).  Play, learn, adapt.

• Like 1

I’m happy with the balance changes. Jason feels like a threat again, however counselors can still pound on him and chain stun him when they get together. The Pinehurst map looks great. There are still some bugs that need to be fixed. The main one still being the invisible window barrier. Overall a step in the right direction.

5 minutes ago, Chetork said:

friday the 13th game is a game based off of the movies. In the movies he usually kills off most of the cast, but leaves some lone survivors thanks to movie logic. This is a game though, and when one class is overpowered than the other players will tend to quit if the game becomes too difficult.

I agreed with everyone with reduced pocket knives and medspray, but the grab changes and speed changes have left counselors in a state where they are getting wiped completely pretty much every match.

The thing I liked about this game in the beginning was the difficulty for counselors. The other game in this genre (DbD) has catered to the survivors. Effective killers are nerfed and nerfed again over there. Jason's grab was all but removed in the October patch. He still can't effectively grab, even with this update. The smorgasbord of weaponry available after the October patch made the game far too easy for counselor mains and far too difficult for Jason mains. When the game released, I had to learn how to play. Once I got on solid footing, I would survive about 1 in 3 games as a counselor. I would usually kill 6+ as Jason. I thought that balance seemed about right. After the October patch, I would survive 8 out of 10 games as a counselor and kill 2-4 as Jason.