NoOneK9503

Roy was introduced lazily into the game

Really, Illfonic?

Roy is just another Jason skin. No ambulance, no Joey, no chocolate bar, Pamela's voice is heard and Jason's shack is still there.

And what about his gardening shears??? It shares the same animation of the machete weapon!

At least, the kills are nice!

Edit: Forum members, my statement here does not mean I'm not satisfied with Roy making into the game. In fact, I love his kills and stats. I'm just don't like the fact that he is treated too much like a Jason and not like a unique character. The only change I want is to remove Pamela's voice from him. The rest is fine.

Edited by NoOneK9503
  • Like 2

I think people assumed too much. Everything you stated he doesn't have were just ideas people on this forum were kicking around.

• Like 1

Slash & Cast did a pretty good discussion video on this recently and I think they explained it pretty well. I have to agree that the shears were a poor weapon choice and look pretty bad when breaking down doors or killing someone in a hiding spot. I absolutely love the new headbutt kill and the look of the new map though. 

Pinehurst is basically what Jarvis house should have been in terms of layout and cabin placement imo.. I can guarantee that with this large of a map your chances of survival are going to be incredibly slim. (As it should be)

If any of you are still stuck at work or school here is a short video of a bot match showcasing Roy, Pinehurst, the animations and all four new kills.

23 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Really, Gunmedia?

Roy is just another Jason skin. No ambulance, no Joey, no chocolate bar, Pamela's voice is heard and Jason's shack is still there.

And what about his gardening shears??? It shares the same animation of the machete weapon!

You were expecting FAR too much. Its funny you complain about the lack of Ambulance and Joey yet you don't complain that you can use Part 7 Jason on Higgins haven, a map that particular Jason never set foot on.

Also, for the love of f'ing god, can you people PLEASE LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GUN MEDIA AND ILLFONIC!!!!!

3 minutes ago, John Wick said:

Also, for the love of f'ing god, can you people PLEASE LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GUN MEDIA AND ILLFONIC!!!!!

Done.

Edit: Terrible comparison. The lacking elements I mentioned are for Roy and Roy only. The could make a ambulance as Roy's "shack" and Joey's voice instead of Pamela. What does each Jason not being on their respective movie maps has to do with it????

Edited by NoOneK9503

4 minutes ago, John Wick said:

He was right the first time.  Gun Media created the game and comes up with the content.  IllFonic is just developing it.  Might want to take your own advice....

What i find strange is how he "breaks" the shears to make them in two blades and after the kill, he has the shears normally.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Shaild said:

What i find strange is how he "breaks" the shears to make them in two blades and after the kill, he has the shears normally.

Yeah makes for awesome kills but it's not realistic, but hey this is a game.

2 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

Yeah makes for awesome kills but it's not realistic, but hey this is a game.

Hey, not complaining, the kills are awesome, just i chuckled at it XP.

I'm fine with how they implemented Roy into the game. They're obviously portraying him as he was in most of the movie: you were made to think he was Jason, so why not portray him as "Jason" in the game, for all intents and purposes? By the way, did anyone notice when you finish a match as Roy, instead of going back into the shack you're just shown walking down a lonely path by yourself? That was a nice little touch, but the developers might want to consider having the match with Roy start the same way...with him in the woods instead of Jason's shack, which would make more sense. I'd be okay with them removing Pamela's voice for Roy as well...hell, I'd be happy to record Joey's dialogue for free. I do a pretty good impersonation, LOL. But for what we got, I think Gun did a fine job.

No complaints, except for maybe the gardening shears looking awkward sometimes when Roy is breaking down the door or something. Also, how did they not make the "gardening shears to the eyes" kill like in the movie?

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Really, Illfonic?

He has he own outro scene for every map.

Hot Takes:

0:06: "1986"? Tommy's a teenager in the movie, yet it's only 2 years since Jarvis Map?  

0:23: Wait a minute, first it's an axe and then it changed to shears?  (Simpsons geek: I hope someone got fired for that blunder)

0:33: I don't really know what they could have done with the shack.  I mean, what were they supposed to do, have a Joey sound-alike say something about a chocolate bar/if Roy gave such a shit about his kid to start killing those around him, why wouldn't anyone know Joey was Roy's son in the first place.  Also, how did Roy get that picture of Joey in his wallet at the end of that picture.  Man, Part 5 was such a shit movie.

0:49: Isolated areas with more than 1 cabin.  Plus the escape road is in THE MIDDLE?  FINALLY, some variety there.

1:55: The shears come APART?  This could make for some fun future kill packs.

4:18: Why is there a desk in the bathroom?  I mean, i've heard it comically referred to as a home office, but come on.

4:44: Eh, head butt's alright.  At least now there's a close-quarters quick kill to rival the one-armed strangle

6:24: I like the variety in the interior layout of the cabins.  I'm glad they went further with tweaking the assets of the game than they did on Jarvis House.

-Glad to see the bots are still hiding 

-Isn't there a barn on this map?

According to obsessive internet fans, F13 p5 took place in 1989, with Tommy being 17. http://fridaythe13th.wikia.com/wiki/Tommy_Jarvis

3 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I'm fine with how they implemented Roy into the game. They're obviously portraying him as he was in most of the movie: you were made to think he was Jason, so why not portray him as "Jason" in the game, for all intents and purposes? By the way, did anyone notice when you finish a match as Roy, instead of going back into the shack you're just shown walking down a lonely path by yourself? That was a nice little touch, but the developers might want to consider having the match with Roy start the same way...with him in the woods instead of Jason's shack, which would make more sense. I'd be okay with them removing Pamela's voice for Roy as well...hell, I'd be happy to record Joey's dialogue for free. I do a pretty good impersonation, LOL. But for what we got, I think Gun did a fine job.

No complaints, except for maybe the gardening shears looking awkward sometimes when Roy is breaking down the door or something. Also, how did they not make the "gardening shears to the eyes" kill like in the movie?

I agree with everything you said. Great comment!

• Like 1

In the next update, Roy should randomly generate somewhere in the woods rather than the shack. Heck, maybe even have Roy start in some far off cabin away from the other players.

This way, you can still do the sweater tactic to kill Roy, but have it done in a plausible way (Roy roleplaying as Jason reacting to his mom's sweater and whatnot).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Creighton_Duke said:

In the next update, Roy should randomly generate somewhere in the woods rather than the shack. Heck, maybe even have Roy start in some far off cabin away from the other players.

This way, you can still do the sweater tactic to kill Roy, but have it done in a plausible way (Roy roleplaying as Jason reacting to his mom's sweater and whatnot).

So instead of a female character needing the sweater, it would need a male?

No, you can still have a girl wear Pamela's sweater to stun Roy, as he's roleplaying as Jason, but this way not even Roy knows where the shack is.

On January 30, 2018 at 4:40 PM, Blackbird68 said:

How about you stop bitching?

This is the forum. Let him bitch if he wants to..........  ?

• Like 1

I agree that the shears look awkward when he's breaking doors. But do you need another Jason with an axe? Uber is getting a machete, so that makes 2. We need more unique weapons and shears was an iconic weapon kill in the movie. Too bad the kill is not in the game but I'm sure it will be when he gets a kill pack.

I like the touch they did after the match though. He walk out the map with no voice in his head instead of returning to the shack with having mommy tell Jason he did a good job.

I’ve been very critical of this game since the downward changes started happening. I don’t really know what you guys expected. There’s no way they were going to change everything for Roy. Just like they won’t for the “Grendel”.

I’ll fire the game up tonight for the first time in months. I’m looking forward to Shelly, Roy, the new map and a rebalance of Jason. After all that’s happened, I expect nothing from the developers. I’ll just try what they give us.

43 minutes ago, Shaild said:

you must have never used old school sheers. The old ones were made to  come apart to allow sharpening and cleaning

37 minutes ago, Shaild said:

Hey, not complaining, the kills are awesome, just i chuckled at it XP.

They should have given him an old school Children of the Corn style sickle.

2db1e2c4bfc486e15241dd381a5ec0f0--old-tools-antique-tools.jpg