Just now, handzen said:

Would be nice to be ble to disable a trap with a branch or 2x4

This is very realistic approach even more so than using a pocket knife lol

6 minutes ago, AshTray900 said:

Part 2 Jason with 7 traps and only 3 knives in game, and no way to disarm a trap any other way, seems pretty needed to me

Pocket knives aren't the only way to disarm traps. Pocket knives aren't the only way to disarm traps. Pocket knives aren't the only way to disarm traps. Pocket knives aren't the only way to disarm traps. Pocket knives aren't the only way to disarm traps. Pocket knives aren't the only way to disarm traps. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

Pocket knives aren't the only way to disarm traps. Pocket knives aren't the only way to disarm traps. Pocket knives aren't the only way to disarm traps. Pocket knives aren't the only way to disarm traps. Pocket knives aren't the only way to disarm traps. Pocket knives aren't the only way to disarm traps. 

please do elaborate

7 hours ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

It's not here, it's only the patch notes :/

It’s out I just updated it a few hours ago. 

1 minute ago, handzen said:

please do elaborate

Eat them and heal. Save up CP and keep rolling until you roll the thick skinned perk and you can even eat a trap without limping.

There's options. Knives are the easiest way, but not the only way.

12 minutes ago, handzen said:

Would be nice to be ble to disable a trap with a branch or 2x4

This would be a cool addition. Branches aren't that common to find and they're usually in secluded wooded areas so counselors would have to venture into unsafe territories to find them.

• Like 1

Just now, Gamerexi said:

It’s out I just updated it a few hours ago. 

You quoted a post that is seven hours old. Everyone already knows it's out now.

6 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

Eat them and heal. Save up CP and keep rolling until you roll the thick skinned perk and you can even eat a trap without limping.

This would be a cool addition. Branches aren't that common to find and they're usually in secluded wooded areas so counselors would have to venture into unsafe territories to find them.

that is not how to disarm a trap that is called setting off a trap and taking damage , very differnt

Just now, handzen said:

that is not how to disarm a trap that is called setting off a trap and taking damage , very differnt

This is a video game, not real life. Using med sprays to help with disarming traps has been a staple since the game's release.

11 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

With that sort of argument why not walk on water , its a game not real life...

When are you going to fix the bug where counselors can't put down bear traps most of the time? That's a pretty major gameplay feature we can't use when not playing as Jason.

51 minutes ago, handzen said:

It's called working as a team and being strategic. There should not be 9 pocketknives on a map to ensure one of Jasons tools is useless and that half the counselors plus Jarvis have an extra life. If you piss around and get caught you better hope you found a pocket knife. Traps should not be made that useless, and with so many knives Jasons with -traps were in an even more bad place. Jason 7 for example who is still a pile of horseshit. When you find a pocket knife you better cherish it. Use it to disarm the phone box or keep it as an extra life, either way it should be a blessing to find one and not something you just add to your growing collection. 

Or maybe you could fix the bug where  trying to break a window makes jason unable to swing his weapon or interact with windows or doors.

Been loving the patch. Already my games are more fun, both for counselor and Jason. With the former, escapes feel more tense and exciting, and much more rewarding. For the latter, I finally have counselors running in fear from me again and scrambling to escape, rather than running loops around me and smacking Jason over again and again.

Great work guys, I think you really recaptured the magic here.

Only issues I'm having is a LOT of Fatal Error crashes (maybe 6 in the previous 10 Offline Bots games I've played). Anyone else having stability issues since the patch?

@[IllFonic]Courier @ShiftySamurai

Roy Jason has the interaction bug after trying to break a window on Xbox One.

Can't attack or interact with anything until you grab a counselor or get hit.

It happened 3 times in a row on Packanack small. Part 5 Jason.

I quit the private match game and rejoined @TheHansonGoons.

For the most part, really enjoy the new patch but really despise the incredible nerf to counselors. Too nerfy?

12 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

Jason Part 5 and Pinehurst

Jason Part 5 and the Pinehurst map are both now available for both Multiplayer and Offline Bots!

Part 5 has no level requirement and has access to the following grab kills:

• Hedge Trimmer
  • Last Breath
  • You’re so Vein

New Unlockable Grab Kill

The grab kill Rugby Player is now available!
The requirements to unlock Rugby Player are:

• Level: 108
  • Cost: 2500 CP

Changes and Bug Fixes

General

• Reduced the amount of Pocket Knives and Medical Sprays that can spawn per match
  • Adjusted the amount of available spawns per match for each weapon
  • Addressed several issues that were causing players to become interaction locked
  • Fixed a bug that caused Bear Traps to disappear when disarmed by a counselor
  • Fixed a bug related to the “The Final Chapter” achievement that was causing players to crash

Jason

• Jason will now begin each match equipped with 2 additional throwing knives
  • Jason’s movement speed has been slightly increased
  • Jason’s grab range and cone has been slightly increased
  • Players can once again access the medium bloody skin for Savini Jason
    • Note: The unlockable Light/Heavy bloody skins are not available for Savini Jason
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Jason’s character model to rotate while knocked down
  • The grab kills “Free Kick” and “Disarm” will now properly grant Versatile experience

Counselors

• Fixed a bug where - if a player interacted with a window in a certain way, the window would break and incorrectly cause damage to the player
  • Fixed inconsistencies that were appearing in several counselor models

Maps

• The Fuse will no longer be able to spawn in the same building as the Phone Box
  • Addressed several exploit locations on all maps
  • Made adjustments to several locations that were causing the objectives/repair parts spawns to be inaccessible

Vehicles

• Fixed several bugs related to the boat flipping mechanic

Offline Play

• Made many improvements and bug fixes to the bot AI in Offline Bots
  • Restart function added to the pause menu in Offline Bots
  • Fixed a bug causing the end score screen to incorrectly show badge progression in Offline Bots
    • Note: Badges can not be obtained through Offline Bots

Matchmaking

• Added servers for South America and Australia [PC]
  • Added region auto-detection [PC]

Sound

• Players should once again be able to hear the sound of weapons and items being dropped
  • The grab kill “Free Kick” will now properly take into account the user’s audio settings

Another awesome update but when will there be a fix with the disc exclusive clothing pack because it dissapears when the part 7 kill pack is installed and the halloween colthing pack is then renamed disc exclusive clothing pack?

The patch does bring the advantage back to Jason which he should have in this game and should not be taunted by players. 

Players should work together to get the car parts and keys to get out and the phone fuse installed to call the cops rather than fight Jason.

What I still see after playing today is players want to still ransack cabins to find pocket knives which in the end only saves you from dying once, unless you are extremely lucky and find another one.

Also, remember if players escape with items, they show up on the shore line, I found an extra pocket knife there and health spray.

The issue now is the weapons being reduced, I went to 2 cabins and didn't find one weapon. This should be back to what it was as it is only defense you have with less pocket knives.

You shouldn't see players gang up on Jason unless they are trying to kill him and they got the sweater, because the pocket knives are now so precious.

I am over level 100 so I am not a noob in this game, but now Jason feels really overpowered, killed all counselors within 3-4 minutes of the game both times I was a Jason today.

Killed first two people within 1 minute because they didn't have a pocket knife and no weapon, then you have people quit making Tommy coming back even less of an opportunity.

Now noob person who has not played Jason ever can kill counselors way easier now with no learning how to play - this should not be the case. It should take skill to be able to kill all counselors, way too easy to do this unless you are playing in a group of players who are working together.

I suggest if you don't have a mic - go get one, you need to join up with players prior to starting game in the main area of the game and work together or else you'll probably not enjoy this game as much now.

DEVELOPERS PLEASE READ THIS

1. Please penalize players for leaving, like 5 min time out for leaving - i.e. can't play on public or private server for 5 mins if they leave.

Second time within 1 hour - penalize 5 additional minutes, and keep adding this up if they leave game multiple times.

2. I am now not going back to the lobby sometimes after game is finished and the server automatically tries to find another game making my chance to become Jason less now.

It shouldn't be the last person to join the game if their preference is set to Jason to become Jason. It should take into account how long has it been since you have been Jason.

3. Bring back the weapons, this is a must as there is less chances to not die because less pocket knives, so at least provide a fighting chance. There are not enough on the map now.

4. Or add some new Perks that help the counselor find parts faster or able to remove traps with the mouse button clicks like installing parts since pocket knives are so precious.

Someone mention using a branch (maybe one on the map somewhere) that is found to set of the trap but alert Jason, I think this is a brilliant idea.

5. If a person is AFK in the game, this person should be replaced with new player within first 1 min of game, server should find a new player and allow them to join within 1 min of game.

6. Since Jason grabs is much larger no need to have counselors stumble so much or trip, Jason is faster now and can easily catch counselors. I mean in real life you may fall when running but who trips on pavement when running. Maybe trip in wooded areas, but not on trails or roads.

Overall the patch was needed to fix some bugs, but they still exist, couldn't shoot Jason with gun today with counselor or as Jason use E to smash window, only until I grabbed a counselor did it allow me to start using E again. Also so many bugs exist with the car when Jason gets close to it sometimes, i.e. Jason on top of the car, car flips over, counselors grabbed way to fast after Jason stops the car. Counselor should have the ability to get out of car without getting grabbed so quickly. 

Please continue to fix bugs, if it is a money issue to pay more developers, then I would sell more DLC items. 

This game is fun and does not feel like a part time job and does not have in game currency purchases which I like, unlike GTA V which does and I hate.

• Like 1

welp seems like the dashboard issue is back on xbox 7 out of the 8 people tonight i played with got dashboarded.

Also, dunno if this is just a pinehurst issue or is on all maps, but if you have something like the gas or propeller and die in the water, it will just float there, glitched out so you can't grab it.

I don't know if it has been mentioned before but two things:

1. The car glitch. After exiting the car as a driver, the counselor is stuck by the door in Jason's screen and able to damage him even though he has ran away. 
2. The servers. Please, allow us to select servers again.We cannot select servers anymore and I'm stuck in endless matchmaking that takes a lot of time, and groups me up with brazilian people. Needless to say, I don't speak portuguese. 

Fantastic map and the new jason is awesome! THANK YOU AGAIN...

only one question...when you play match against the bots, you can earn psn trophy?

thx

1 hour ago, Barbara Ann said:

1. The car glitch. After exiting the car as a driver, the counselor is stuck by the door in Jason's screen and able to damage him even though he has ran away. 

This is something that has bothered me for a while now, I really hope this rubber banding gets sorted soon too.

• Like 1

Lol damn you guys kept this strand going until midnight lol. Hey I think the update is fucking awesome. Just like the movies. They didn’t have 15 pocket knives, first aides, shotguns etc. why do you think Jason fucking killed everyone?! He’s an unstoppable force that people were scared shit of! There was only ever one or two survivors. I’m personally glad I now die as a consuler a lot more! Oh and by the way I play w guys and girls like level 100 and still see rounds where 3 or 4 escape. And you even said that 99% of your leveling was from being a consuler! Which tells us all a few things

a. You’re not as good as you boast because you NEED the items cause you don’t have real skill

b. You’re a sucky jason

c. If you really are level 150 already you live at home w mom and dad and have 0 life and no job other then to play games and bitch on forums.

bottom line, the balance is now where it should be. Consulers run when they see Jason instead of troll cause they don’t have a treasure trove of items. Get over it. Classic case of players I hear saying f this game I’m done but they are the first ones to ready up for the next round in the lobby. If they win it’s skill if they loose the other guy got lucky. Beat it!

Lol damn you guys kept this strand going until midnight lol. Hey I think the update is fucking awesome. Just like the movies. They didn’t have 15 pocket knives, first aides, shotguns etc. why do you think Jason fucking killed everyone?! He’s an unstoppable force that people were scared shit of! There was only ever one or two survivors. I’m personally glad I now die as a consuler a lot more! Oh and by the way I play w guys and girls like level 100 and still see rounds where 3 or 4 escape. And you even said that 99% of your leveling was from being a consuler! Which tells us all a few things

a. You’re not as good as you boast because you NEED the items cause you don’t have real skill

b. You’re a sucky jason

c. If you really are level 150 already you live at home w mom and dad and have 0 life and no job other then to play games and bitch on forums.

bottom line, the balance is now where it should be. Consulers run when they see Jason instead of troll cause they don’t have a treasure trove of items. Get over it. Classic case of players I hear saying f this game I’m done but they are the first ones to ready up for the next round in the lobby. If they win it’s skill if they loose the other guy got lucky. Beat it!

• Haha 1