1 hour ago, Rexfellis said:

Well, this thread has gone about as well as I pictured it. UnfinishedFreshEuropeanpolecat-max-1mb.g

I'll just chime in with my own thoughts on the patch. I like it, a lot. My preference is set to counselor, and I enjoy the feeling of actually being worried when Jason (or Roy) shows up around me. The thrill of being a counselor is back. The biggest problem is QP and the players that got used to the overabundance of weapons and medsprays who have no idea how to strategize, work toward completing objectives, or any idea of how to play to the strengths of their characters. Is Jason OP? Of course he is, as he should be. Too many people think this is a "hunt Jason" simulator, when in reality, duking it out with Jason should be a last resort. You don't believe me, ask Julius from Part VIII.

It just seems to me that people want it too easy as counselors. Personally, I enjoy the challenge as it is now. Also, it is not near as hard to survive as a counselor as it was during Beta and the few months after launch. I think people just got spoiled. Feel free to disagree with me, but, I am not going to argue with you. You may be a master of baiting ;) people, but I have discussed the pros of this patch enough in other threads. If you hate it, we will never agree. Now while I do not consider myself 

or 

I think I play a counselor pretty well. If I have to lone-wolf it, my survival rate is fairly low (40-50%). If I am with at least a couple of other counselors who are willing to work towards fixing things and trying to escape, I have a pretty good track record. My suggestion to some people on here is to join a group on here, or search for gamertags in the pinned thread in the Introduction section on these forums. I started with a core group of 3 real life friends back during the Beta days. Since then, the group has changed as some players moved on and others have come in. I still do QP matches, but they just usually make me sad because of the sorry state of a lot of people's gameplay. Just unorganized idiots that are more concerned with stunning Jason or having a costume/dance party. I'm hoping this new patch will change the meta to be geared more towards teamwork. But, that may just be wishful thinking.

I never considered joining a group from here. Despite my username I'm really not trying to troll (I made the account while a bit tipsy and after reading A LOT of "Jason sucks now" posts that were nonsensical at best). I do love getting more insight from people with opposing views if they actually put forth info, which you do. I am max level, but was unfortunately not a launch or even near launch player.  I enjoyed playing jason when counselors tried to kill me, I loved the challenges and have never felt I failed for a 5/8 kill match.  

Honestly, I've never played a PvP online game before this, and I only tried it for a love of the films growing up.  And I never would've made max level if not for guides and tips from you pro players here on the forum( @Alkavian, a special thanks to you).  Because I play mostly QP on ps4 this update has been particularly angering. And while I agree the 5 shotguns and 10+ pocket knives was ridiculous, I still feel they tipped the balance too far too fast for a single update.  

Now if I could only change my ridiculous username lol. 

10 hours ago, 0nlypu$$yswantjasontweeked said:

I 100% agree with you. From the most experienced players to noobs alike. It's not rocket science to see the "balance" scale about fell over on this update! "Take most knifes from counselors, give tons more throwing knives to jason, make him faster and extend grab"... seems logical. All the whining from people who couldn't kill 7/7 every round finally ruined friday. I wish I could teach these people this is an asymmetrical game not the movie. Hopefully they rectify fast...

Counselors should have a hard time. They had far too easy a time before. You had no tension, had no fear at all when he came by. You should see him, shit your pants, and run off trying to get something done. Welcome to the Friday the 13th franchise. 

3 hours ago, 0nlypu$$yswantjasontweeked said:

I never considered joining a group from here. Despite my username I'm really not trying to troll (I made the account while a bit tipsy and after reading A LOT of "Jason sucks now" posts that were nonsensical at best). I do love getting more insight from people with opposing views if they actually put forth info, which you do. I am max level, but was unfortunately not a launch or even near launch player.  I enjoyed playing jason when counselors tried to kill me, I loved the challenges and have never felt I failed for a 5/8 kill match.  

Honestly, I've never played a PvP online game before this, and I only tried it for a love of the films growing up.  And I never would've made max level if not for guides and tips from you pro players here on the forum( @Alkavian, a special thanks to you).  Because I play mostly QP on ps4 this update has been particularly angering. And while I agree the 5 shotguns and 10+ pocket knives was ridiculous, I still feel they tipped the balance too far too fast for a single update.  

Now if I could only change my ridiculous username lol. 

I'll have to admit, your username made me laugh. I don't have PS4, so I do not know the landscape of the game on there. If it is that bad, then I feel sorry for you. I play on Steam mostly, and I will admit that I prefer private matches, but that is sometimes impossible due to schedules, responsibilities, an angry wife, a hungry kid, etc...:lol:

You should really check out some of the groups on here, or that link in the Introduction section. It may help you find some regular players that will make the experience better for you. QP is still fun for me with the randomness of it, even though it can be annoying as hell. But a nice, comfortable, private match with experienced players is great when we can all get together and make it happen. I know going in that I will not have an easy time of it whether I am Jason or a counselor.

On 2/1/2018 at 10:46 PM, Cash1980 said:

it is what it is... don’t like it? Quit! Even though everyone on here knows you won’t. So I say again man the fuck up. If you were such a god you wouldn’t rely on inventory. 

Soo....why hasnt a ny of the people whining that Jason is underpowered before this patch quit? They should have followed this advice in the first place.

Asside from that, i am level 150 aswel, and guess what long and behold i work 9-10 hours every day, so bashing someone because he has more free time or not means you have nothing useful to say. I do agree wioth motheristalking.....now every little kid runs their mouth how they are awesome and kill everyone easily, before it took much more effort.

alone on youtube you see streamers going on "this game is great, its more balanced now" and what is their preference to play as? exactly Jason, the moment they end up as counselor its ranting and complaining all the way. So....30 bats in a match are too much but again. having 2-3 of them is far too less considering how fast they break and with the increased grab etc, unless you have a knifew its a done deal if you risk it.

The balance is perfect for me. Those crying didn't play since day 1. This is how it was back then. Limited resources and forced to work together to survive. Not the stupid, "hey lets go beat up Jason" and waste time. 

5 hours ago, HateMe said:

Soo....why hasnt a ny of the people whining that Jason is underpowered before this patch quit? They should have followed this advice in the first place.

Asside from that, i am level 150 aswel, and guess what long and behold i work 9-10 hours every day, so bashing someone because he has more free time or not means you have nothing useful to say. I do agree wioth motheristalking.....now every little kid runs their mouth how they are awesome and kill everyone easily, before it took much more effort.

alone on youtube you see streamers going on "this game is great, its more balanced now" and what is their preference to play as? exactly Jason, the moment they end up as counselor its ranting and complaining all the way. So....30 bats in a match are too much but again. having 2-3 of them is far too less considering how fast they break and with the increased grab etc, unless you have a knifew its a done deal if you risk it.

The people whining about Jason shouldn't have to quit because the main draw of the game and franchise is Jason. If he's not up to snuff and as menacing as he should be, there's no reason to play the game other than to be a trolling counselor who thinks they're hot tamales for being able to dance and troll Jason. The more menacing and threatening Jason is, the better, in my and many F13/horror game fans opinions. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

The people whining about Jason shouldn't have to quit because the main draw of the game and franchise is Jason. If he's not up to snuff and as menacing as he should be, there's no reason to play the game other than to be a trolling counselor who thinks they're hot tamales for being able to dance and troll Jason. The more menacing and threatening Jason is, the better, in my and many F13/horror game fans opinions. 

TYhe point is jason os nowhere near threatening or scary and regardless what they do he never will be so stop using that as an argument. Not to mention that people who actually have brains didnt have issues at all killing counselors before this patch hit. Jason should be a menhace, i agree, and thats what he is and was, but that does not mean counselors should just sit there and be picked off one by one because there is nothing to defend themselves with because the spawn rates now are abysmal.

If this game was not scary for you before, it certainly isnt now, and using "jason should be scary" as an argument is worthless, there are far scarier horro games out there if that is what you are looking for,.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, HateMe said:

TYhe point is jason os nowhere near threatening or scary and regardless what they do he never will be so stop using that as an argument. Not to mention that people who actually have brains didnt have issues at all killing counselors before this patch hit. Jason should be a menhace, i agree, and thats what he is and was, but that does not mean counselors should just sit there and be picked off one by one because there is nothing to defend themselves with because the spawn rates now are abysmal.

If this game was not scary for you before, it certainly isnt now, and using "jason should be scary" as an argument is worthless, there are far scarier horro games out there if that is what you are looking for,.

Before Jason got nerfed and counselors got buffed, it was quite possible for a few to survive with team work and killing Jason wasn't impossible, so the same can be said to you. Have you ever watched the movies? Every time Jason rolled up and made his presence known the people who saw him shit their pants, or tried to fight him and died. Very few did so and survived. When Jason shows up everyone shouldn't want to team up on him. You should want to scatter. Jasons traps shouldn't become a useless tool because of the counselors having 10 pocket knives per match. All because you get 9/8 counselors per match doesn't matter. What matters is Jason being a threat that makes people shit themselves when he shows up, and before this patch that was most certainly not the case. 

23 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Before Jason got nerfed and counselors got buffed, it was quite possible for a few to survive with team work and killing Jason wasn't impossible, so the same can be said to you. Have you ever watched the movies? Every time Jason rolled up and made his presence known the people who saw him shit their pants, or tried to fight him and died. Very few did so and survived. When Jason shows up everyone shouldn't want to team up on him. You should want to scatter. Jasons traps shouldn't become a useless tool because of the counselors having 10 pocket knives per match. All because you get 9/8 counselors per match doesn't matter. What matters is Jason being a threat that makes people shit themselves when he shows up, and before this patch that was most certainly not the case. 

And that is the point, its was the movies, the game is nowher3e near to the scale of the movie and jason, regardless what you do, wont be scary, people can still team up on him, the fact that most jasons are idiots and cant utilize their traps properly and just spam them left and right is not a valid reason for such an intensive nerf.

I never have, nore will i ever be scared of jason showing up because it simply is not scary, if you tell me you shit your pants each time jason shows i call you a blunt liar because you are not scared or afraid so lewts stoip using that as an argument because it has no standing. And dont get me wrong, i agree that there was wayy too many knives / weapons prior to the patch, but right now the nerf was way to intensive and overboard, and that is the point. you can barely even kill jason now because no one will risk a hit on him without having a backup in form of a knife, its simply how it is, i had 4 matches where we could have killed jason but guess what, no machete....the game is supposed to be fun for both sides and not people one siding with jason who always had the upper hand regardless how much counselors were buffed.

I don't know what the deal is with the Jarvis map since the patch but I'm in a match right now and 2 players have escaped in the boat, there's gas in the 2 seater, and the police have been called. It's been THREE minutes. I've seen this more than once now. It's like everything spawning right at the objectives. I've seen small maps take longer than this. 

Let me say I think the the pace of the game is something that needs to be addressed. I've said it before.

On 2/3/2018 at 12:27 PM, Rexfellis said:

Well, this thread has gone about as well as I pictured it. UnfinishedFreshEuropeanpolecat-max-1mb.g

I'll just chime in with my own thoughts on the patch. I like it, a lot. My preference is set to counselor, and I enjoy the feeling of actually being worried when Jason (or Roy) shows up around me. The thrill of being a counselor is back. The biggest problem is QP and the players that got used to the overabundance of weapons and medsprays who have no idea how to strategize, work toward completing objectives, or any idea of how to play to the strengths of their characters. Is Jason OP? Of course he is, as he should be. Too many people think this is a "hunt Jason" simulator, when in reality, duking it out with Jason should be a last resort. You don't believe me, ask Julius from Part VIII.

It just seems to me that people want it too easy as counselors. Personally, I enjoy the challenge as it is now. Also, it is not near as hard to survive as a counselor as it was during Beta and the few months after launch. I think people just got spoiled. Feel free to disagree with me, but, I am not going to argue with you. You may be a master of baiting ;) people, but I have discussed the pros of this patch enough in other threads. If you hate it, we will never agree. Now while I do not consider myself 

or 

I think I play a counselor pretty well. If I have to lone-wolf it, my survival rate is fairly low (40-50%). If I am with at least a couple of other counselors who are willing to work towards fixing things and trying to escape, I have a pretty good track record. My suggestion to some people on here is to join a group on here, or search for gamertags in the pinned thread in the Introduction section on these forums. I started with a core group of 3 real life friends back during the Beta days. Since then, the group has changed as some players moved on and others have come in. I still do QP matches, but they just usually make me sad because of the sorry state of a lot of people's gameplay. Just unorganized idiots that are more concerned with stunning Jason or having a costume/dance party. I'm hoping this new patch will change the meta to be geared more towards teamwork. But, that may just be wishful thinking.

I withdraw my comments.  Won't do any good as they are listening to the vocal minority who mainly/only play Jason and get upset if they don't routinely get TPK.  

13 minutes ago, va_ghost said:

You are equating challenge and futility. For months all they heard from the vocal minority was how they weren't getting TPK every time and how Jason wasn't an uber-killer.  Just look at the play styles since then.  If Jason easily gets TPK every time no one will want to play the other side - as the result is most of the time predetermined.  

How is playing a counselor futile? If I am in a QP match, and am forced to lone-wolf a match, I survive 40-50% of the time. If I am lucky enough to get in a match with some counselors that are willing to work towards objectives and communicate with each other, that goes up to 70-80%. Sure, it is harder to play as a counselor now, but, I think that is how it should be. The outcome is not predetermined at all. It just takes more skill to survive as a counselor now than it has for the last 3 months. Strategy, communication, and working towards goals are the keys to surviving.

Private matches are a completely different story, at least in my experiences. The group I play with normally is exceptionally skilled at this game, so there are times that I only get 2-3 kills as Jason (it happened this morning), and there I times I go 7/7 or 8/8. I am definitely on the lower tier as a Jason player compared to the people I play with. As a counselor, I do much better. My preference has been set to counselor since June, and I am comfortable playing as one. It is just a lot more exciting now, because Jason is a true threat. I am a large fan of this new patch, obviously.

I know that cooperation in QP is severely lacking now, but I have already seen strides towards people working more together. The great thing about video games is that the meta changes with each and every update. Of course there will always be trolls along with dumbasses who refuse to change their play style. The unfortunate outcome of this is that people will be upset about the trolls, and the hardheads who can't evolve with the game will continue to die on a regular basis.

10 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

How is playing a counselor futile? If I am in a QP match, and am forced to lone-wolf a match, I survive 40-50% of the time. If I am lucky enough to get in a match with some counselors that are willing to work towards objectives and communicate with each other, that goes up to 70-80%. Sure, it is harder to play as a counselor now, but, I think that is how it should be. The outcome is not predetermined at all. It just takes more skill to survive as a counselor now than it has for the last 3 months. Strategy, communication, and working towards goals are the keys to surviving.

Private matches are a completely different story, at least in my experiences. The group I play with normally is exceptionally skilled at this game, so there are times that I only get 2-3 kills as Jason (it happened this morning), and there I times I go 7/7 or 8/8. I am definitely on the lower tier as a Jason player compared to the people I play with. As a counselor, I do much better. My preference has been set to counselor since June, and I am comfortable playing as one. It is just a lot more exciting now, because Jason is a true threat. I am a large fan of this new patch, obviously.

I know that cooperation in QP is severely lacking now, but I have already seen strides towards people working more together. The great thing about video games is that the meta changes with each and every update. Of course there will always be trolls along with dumbasses who refuse to change their play style. The unfortunate outcome of this is that people will be upset about the trolls, and the hardheads who can't evolve with the game will continue to die on a regular basis.

I no longer believe anyone why says I do X,Y,Z as unless you're keeping track you can easily be selectively remembering.  Watch streamers who play the game.  Removes your emotional attachment.  

5 minutes ago, va_ghost said:

I no longer believe anyone why says I do X,Y,Z as unless you're keeping track you can easily be selectively remembering.  Watch streamers who play the game.  Removes your emotional attachment.  

You definitely do not have to believe me, I'm just some random dude on the internet. But, I have pretty well kept track of my matches since the patch as I have had limited time to play due to work and such. I barely have time to play the game myself, I am not going to waste that free time watching other people play. I know the experiences I had with the game before this latest patch, and I have a pretty good recollection of my matches for the past 5 days.

It doesn't affect me one bit if you don't believe me. The whole point of my reply to you was to debate your "futility" and "predetermined" comments. Playing as a counselor is not futile, it just requires more skill than it did Jan. 29 and before. And no match is predetermined unless you go win with the mindset that you are going to lose. I think maybe you watching the streams rather than playing has clouded your judgement on the new patch. Experiencing something for yourself is much more satisfying than living vicariously through someone who only shows you what they want you to see to fit their own agendas.

I have to disagree with everyone saying that this patch is terrible. I'm not seeing much of a difference in the gameplay. Sure, I'm dying a bit more often, but it's usually due to human error (I wasted my stamina right before Jason found and/or killed me, a group of counselors had all the tools to kill Jason but one guy got point greedy and told everyone to hold off until he hit Jason one more time, resulting in all of our deaths, etc.). I still find at least 2 pocket knives and a Med-spray when playing, and I don't see anyone really complaining actively in the game (when there are people on the mics, which was just about every game I've played so far this patch), and if they did it was because of something that was done by someone in game (A level 130 Jason decided to either wack people to death or do the same glory kill for 3 people, Someone went out a window at the main house in Higgins Haven to escape Jason, and even though the match had just started, the house was still full of people, and the guy survived the jump, Jason still decided to rage quit, etc.). I still have fun with the game overall.

My only issue with the game is the way the animations of the game are working/looking right now, but I'll talk about that somewhere else.

Anyone who quotes this and attempts to argue against it, let it be known that you have nothing to gain from it. This topic is not something I will argue about, for it is my opinion and my opinion alone.

4 hours ago, va_ghost said:

I withdraw my comments.  Won't do any good as they are listening to the vocal minority who mainly/only play Jason and get upset if they don't routinely get TPK.  

I do find it comical that you quote me with this comment. I have stated in both of my responses to you that I have my preference set to counselor, and I have had since June of last year. I just happen to be a counselor player who enjoys the challenge of playing against a powerful Jason. I'm sorry if I discouraged you from debating this any further.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HateMe said:

And that is the point, its was the movies, the game is nowher3e near to the scale of the movie and jason, regardless what you do, wont be scary, people can still team up on him, the fact that most jasons are idiots and cant utilize their traps properly and just spam them left and right is not a valid reason for such an intensive nerf.

I never have, nore will i ever be scared of jason showing up because it simply is not scary, if you tell me you shit your pants each time jason shows i call you a blunt liar because you are not scared or afraid so lewts stoip using that as an argument because it has no standing. And dont get me wrong, i agree that there was wayy too many knives / weapons prior to the patch, but right now the nerf was way to intensive and overboard, and that is the point. you can barely even kill jason now because no one will risk a hit on him without having a backup in form of a knife, its simply how it is, i had 4 matches where we could have killed jason but guess what, no machete....the game is supposed to be fun for both sides and not people one siding with jason who always had the upper hand regardless how much counselors were buffed.

Well I disagree and I'm glad the devs want to try and keep Jason the threat that he should be. Counselors have been getting progressively buffed. It started with a needed change of team killing being removed, and snowballed from there. If you don't care for Jason being top dog there are other asymmetrical slasher games for you to play. I'd much rather a game centered around F13 have a menacing Jason that makes counselors fear him and not find him a joke. Why anyone would go into a Friday the 13th game and expect to dance around Jason and mock him the whole time because of how garbage he and his toolset was is beyond me. That'd be like buying a CoD game expecting to not shoot a single bullet, or a Mario game expecting not to jump once. 

I have a feeling you think Jason 7s stats are perfectly fine, hm? 

I notice my game is hard crashing A LOT more since this recent patch. Hopefully the new hot fix coming this week can fix it, otherwise I'm not sure I want to ride it out until the Unreal engine update in April/May/June/2019/"Soon"

So at the end of the day, there will never be a “perfect” balance. Personally I like the difficulty there is to escape now. I feel like I accomplished a bigger feet then when I had 3 pockets knives in my inventory. Again that’s just me. It’s still possible, I played prol about 6 matches as a consuler last night and escaped w the boat, Car, and cops all once. So while I’m not escaping 80-90% anymore it’s more like 40-50% and you know what I’m good w that. It’s fun to get killed sometimes. It’s only like a few hundred difference in xp. I’m just trying to say that if you hate the patch then maybe this isn’t the game for you. Jason should be over powered and shouldn’t be trolled or easy to escape from. The only suggestion I can come up w that could “maybe” please everyone is to give the host more control over the map like how many items can spawn for consulers like a low medium high option for knives , sprays and weapons. Even then good luck getting everyone in the lobby to agree. I personally love it the way it is now but I can see it from the other perspective too. But I think you may be missing the point of this game. I don’t think it was intended to be a traditional survival horror game. It was suppose to have a juggernaut in Jason and to force you to work together and use skill to escape. Let’s be honest shall we? All this update really did was make it harder on the lone wolves out there who care more about xp and leveling up then playing the game as intended which was a cooperative game. Also I agree w the last statement. Last night everyone’s pings were crazy high and I got dashboarded twice and black screened twice once in the middle of escaping. 

This is by FAR the best patch/update to this game that it has seen so far in my humble opinion. I care far more about under-the-hood mechanics as opposed to new content, and I am so glad to feel fear as a counselor, yet powerful as Jason. You've made both aspects of the game great again and I greatly appreciate it! It's almost as if this patch was made just for me! THANK YOU!

Anyone think with a new engine that the possibility of climbing things like latters could finally be a thing? I'm a bit bothered I can't climb to the second story in neither Higgins or Pinehurst barns. Though then again, how would Jason get up there..

8 minutes ago, FinalBoy said:

Anyone think with a new engine that the possibility of climbing things like latters could finally be a thing? I'm a bit bothered I can't climb to the second story in neither Higgins or Pinehurst barns. Though then again, how would Jason get up there..

Jason climbed up the Pinehurst ladder in the movie, so if they made it possible in the game for councilors, they'd probably make it so Jason could too.

Personally, I'd like to see this happen so they maybe could add Roy's death from the movie as the way to kill him. His death shouldn't be like Jason's. (But I'd prefer that they work on fixing things before adding anymore content, tbh)

• Like 1