ScouseMouse

People Helping Jason - Am I being too sensitive?

I have actually removed friends from my Steam list that engage in these kinds of behaviors.  It is the worst kind of toxicity in my book and I am shameless about calling people out on it in the lobby.  Every game that has interactions like this will have these kinds of players, and thankfully they only ruin a relatively small number of matches.  However, I see no harm in making the social environment as uncomfortable as possible for those players without violating any parts of the ToS.

• Like 1

Just now, Dapper Dragon said:

I have actually removed friends from my Steam list that engage in these kinds of behaviors.  It is the worst kind of toxicity in my book and I am shameless about calling people out on it in the lobby.  Every game that has interactions like this will have these kinds of players, and thankfully they only ruin a relatively small number of matches.  However, I see no harm in making the social environment as uncomfortable as possible for those players without violating any parts of the ToS.

I have a few rules when playing with friends, no party chat, no teaming with Jason, no cheating and helping each other out if one of us is dead and to top it off no swimming. 

I kill anyone who gets in my way as Jason, friends or not. That’s how it should be... and it’s fun! Lol

4 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Played two quick rounds before bed last night. Both rounds had Jason teamers. Checked Jason's steam profile both rounds, friend in the lobby as counselor, Jason ignores friend and only pulls passengers from car friend is driving...

I report these people with video links to www.jasonkillsbugs.com. But I'm not sure this is a bannable offense. At least not without multiple, repeated reports...

Jason teaming is bannable.

Maybe. But I reported a couple of blatantly obvious Jason teamers and nothing seemed to happen to them so... meh. 

I've submitted a few as well. Some that I know were still playing over a month later.

I think teaming with Jason can be a bit of a grey area. Intent can be difficult to prove...Like just because the teamer crashed the car, doesn't necessarily mean it was on purpose. But when Jason pulls everyone else out of the car and not the friend, it becomes an issue.

Or when the friend guides Jason to other counselors. Unless you can hear him telling Jason "Hey, they're over here!", his intention may have been to help the other counselors and inadvertently led Jason there.

I think if it's clear teaming, they'll do something about it. But if the offenders try to be sly about it, they'll get away with it.

Personally, I feel bad for my friends when I'm Jason. I kill them first. I know what they're capable of :P

No you're not being too sensitive.

Jason helpers who ruin the game for others should receive 100 lashes in the Gun Media basement before being fired from a celebratory cannon into a vat of untreated sewage. 

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

you can hear him telling Jason "Hey, they're over here!",

Yeah I've done something like this, when Jason chases me I try and lie and get him to go somewhere else and sometimes he ends up right on top of a group and I'm getting yelled at for saying where they were, tho I can't stop to look at my map and say "One sec Jason, let me tell you where they are at." Half the time it's always me dying before he teleports to the area and then I hear him cussing xD 

37 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Yeah I've done something like this, when Jason chases me I try and lie and get him to go somewhere else and sometimes he ends up right on top of a group and I'm getting yelled at for saying where they were, tho I can't stop to look at my map and say "One sec Jason, let me tell you where they are at." Half the time it's always me dying before he teleports to the area and then I hear him cussing xD 

I didn't even think of that...I do lie to Jason all the time. Sometimes I might actually be giving someone away without even knowing it. I usually check my map first though.

I love saying things like "Yeah, go ahead and fix it/call/start it up. You have time. Jason is on me"...You'd be amazed how often he just Morphs away.

4 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I didn't even think of that...I do lie to Jason all the time. Sometimes I might actually be giving someone away without even knowing it. I usually check my map first though.

I love saying things like "Yeah, go ahead and fix it/call/start it up. You have time. Jason is on me"...You'd be amazed how ofter he just Morphs away.

Yeah, I've had a match where me and a friend were playing, Jason was on my butt and I got into a house, a friend said they would help get Jason off me I just had to make something up. Jason took out the power so he was near the power box and then failed it as I said "They are fixing the car!" And he was gone.

5 hours ago, ScouseMouse said:

Ok, so this is something that I seem to have experienced with a fair degree of regularity on the game, which reached it's peak yesterday. I understand many many people play this game with their friends, and that when one of them is Jason they might not be "overly motivated" to hunt their friend, or even kill them when their friend is in front of them. Annoying as that is when you are the "sacrificial lamb", two issues lately have really got my goat and I can't decide if I should just lighten up :-) Help me out!.... And the "one friend as Jason and one friend as a counselor seems to be a very regular occurence"

- Twice yesterday I was in games where a counselor deliberately drove both cars into the lake, destroying them to stop anyone escaping, then leading Jason to find all the survivors. Not cool I thought.

- Not as bad, but I have also seen plenty of occasions were Jason is led around by a counselor who discharges all the firearms they come across, help to block doors, place traps by windows, and then aid Jason in killing everyone, only for them to spend the last 10 minutes of the game dancing and walking round each other (or trying very slowly to fix an objective solo).

Am I the only one who a) sees this, and / or B) gets incredibly annoyed by this.... I would loooove to name and shame but fear I may just need to relax and deal :-)

Just disconnect and try to find a decent match when you see that shit going on.

Just now, Alien_Number_Six said:

Just disconnect and try to find a decent match when you see that shit going on.

Then your in the waiting screen, then you enter a lobby with kids and think "Maybe Moe was right to keep a rope waiting for him." 

C8In-VjUIAI1A4i.jpg

• Haha 1

I have seen players "helping" Jason in so many games over the past week.  Just yesterday I was playing with some asshole who would drive the car to someone for them to get in thinking they were about to escape only to drive them right up to Jason who would pull them out of the car and kill them, this happened to 3 people that I saw after I had been killed while trying to repair the car that was ultimately used to kill the others...  I have thought about recording them and trying to submit the videos to the developers, but I'm not sure it will do anything.  But this does seem to be a growing problem, I wish they could make a mode where if this was happening you could re-spawn as Freddy and go tear them apart!

43 minutes ago, j3o1e1 said:

I have seen players "helping" Jason in so many games over the past week.  Just yesterday I was playing with some asshole who would drive the car to someone for them to get in thinking they were about to escape only to drive them right up to Jason who would pull them out of the car and kill them, this happened to 3 people that I saw after I had been killed while trying to repair the car that was ultimately used to kill the others...  I have thought about recording them and trying to submit the videos to the developers, but I'm not sure it will do anything.  But this does seem to be a growing problem, I wish they could make a mode where if this was happening you could re-spawn as Freddy and go tear them apart!

That’s a common tactic among dirtbags so I’ve now learned the warning signs. If you get into a car and the driver doesn’t immediately  go (and obviously isn’t waiting for somebody else to climb in), word to the wise: get out and haul ass to the nearest cabin. I closed a lobby over these people recently. I give props for trying to make it look legit by smashing the front, but he really gave it away his motives by tunneling me rather than pulling the driver out of his seat. And the driver just sat there as it all went down. Jerks. 

I know I'm overreacting, but the assholes helping Jason is getting way out of hand!  Every single day I am part of at least one game where some asshole just leads Jason from player to player killing, and I can either quit and miss out on points or just sit an watch the shit unfold.  I really wish there was something that could be done to deter this, because I really love this game, but shit like this takes the fun out of it...

My friends know that if I am Jason they need to give their souls to Jeebus, because their ass belongs to me!  :lol: Of course, I play with some people who are very organized. If we are in a QP match, I will tunnel my friends over chasing randoms because I know what they are capable of. Don't get me wrong, if I catch a random player fixing objectives, I will do my best to shut that shit down! Unfortunately, not many players in QP seem to even know what the objectives are. It is much easier to fix a car or call the cops than it is to try to hide and survive for 20 minutes. Once Jason gets Rage, hiding spots are few and far between. 

I hope, as time goes by, players start becoming more objective-oriented, and play to the strengths of their counselors. If that ever happens, QP matches may become a fun experience again. But, that may be asking too much.

22 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I hope, as time goes by, players start becoming more objective-oriented, and play to the strengths of their counselors. If that ever happens, QP matches may become a fun experience again. But, that may be asking too much.

I don't know what you mean, I find QP matches to be good fun and generally well mannered bar the host leaving. You get to meet new people and there's more chance of randomness either to your benefit or your demise depending on what these strangers do/don't do. I don't see why people complain and chicken out of QP. Private matches are fun, but with the same people you know exactly what they will do and that can get a little boring.

1 minute ago, a kamikaze man said:

I don't know what you mean, I find QP matches to be good fun and generally well mannered bar the host leaving. You get to meet new people and there's more chance of randomness either to your benefit or your demise depending on what these strangers do/don't do. I don't see why people complain and chicken out of QP. Private matches are fun, but with the same people you know exactly what they will do and that can get a little boring.

I don't hate QP matches, for the reasons you stated. It is random, and you never know what the experience is going to be. But, I have been in many QP matches where counselors just aren't doing anything. It can get annoying. I enjoy private matches more because the added risk of friendly fire exists (I still believe this is a needed aspect of the game, if it wasn't for the stupid trolls.) But, most of my private games are with 2 or 3 friends, and people we have met in QP matches and have invited to play. So, there is still the element of randomness there. We don't play as elitists either, we invite a lot of people who are just learning the mechanics, and try to help them develop some skill. We also invite people who we notice can play very well, just to test our skills against them. But, the majority of my games are QP matches due to our hectic schedules. You know, the whole job, wife, kid, responsibility crap that cuts into my gaming time. :lol:

HAHAHA seriously the next game after I played after posting in here...

BOOM some Level 13 kid who sounded like Spanky from the Little Rascals and his companion openly going from cabin to cabin basically holding hands hunting down everyone, and the turd actually smack talked to the room that he was the best Jason ever HAHAHAHA I guess I need to just laugh about it, I was at least happy the host killed the room at the request of everyone else in it so they didn't get any points

Oh well, guess it will make me enjoy the games where it doesn't happen even more