12 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Gunn media limited their game when they put to many weapons in it, this game isn’t about fighting and hunting Jason , it’s obvious you are not a Friday the 13th movie fan, , You obviously did not play at launch. The object of the game is to survive, not hunt/fight Jason , the nerfs made it that way.

You are  just going to have to GIT GOOD at surviving without 8 pocket knives, 4 shotguns , and endless other weapons on the map, this is Friday the 13th not Call of Duty.

Whos not a F13 movie fan?? Brother I can name every single fucking director and writer of every f13 movie as well as every single Jason actor, as well as every single kill from ALL the films, how dare you say Im "not a true f13 film fan"?? Im legit pissed

21 minutes ago, disco romance said:

Turning down the amount of weapons is a great idea. As someone stated previously in the topic, fighting Jason should be a last ditch effort. This will allow for more of a focus on gathering supplies in order to escape as well as the classic cat and mouse formula we see in the films.

The problem with this line of thinking is that fighting Jason will never be a last ditch effort, not ever again. You can't turn back time, you can't revert playerbase progress from the last 7 months. This is the direction the game has gone in, and even beginners are quickly exposed to the aggressive counselor playstyle and follow suit. 

Less weapons just means high Luck counselors will be even more valued, since they can hold on to the weapons they have for the longest amount of time. Perhaps Man At Arms perk will now become more common for even more increased durability. Expect to see more Chads running around with a wrench that lasts the whole match. Likewise, increased Jason speed is just going to result in even more Vanessas.

I don't necessarily disagree with less weapons, but it's not going to have the effect everyone thinks. There's no going back to the "fight Jason as a last ditch effort" from release. The only reason it even existed is because most people didn't know how to play. This change doesn't remove all the skills that good counselors have in combat, or remove what can be learned. Mechanically, the game favours counselors in combat more than it does Jason. They have the advantage and will continue to utilise it, regardless of weapon count.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Andre said:

But this isnt a good way from a fun gameplay standpoint to balance out the game a reduce trolling, to reduce trolling they should just buff Jason like they were doing, make him faster, make him stronger, give him more combat attacks besides just slashing and grabbing, so he can knock the shit out of counselors. But dont limit the counselors ability to defend themselves. And this is coming feom a big Jason main, YES Jasoj definitely needs to be faster, yes pocket knives need to be reduced, yes Jasons combat is awful, but reducing wrenches because the counselors are great at using them?....No

4-stages-of-grief.jpg

6 hours ago, Hell Toupee said:

Weapons won't ever run out, they never have. The more powerful ones just won't be in as much abundance, like how it was originally. It's like people are afraid someone is going to snag the last pan and everyone will be defenseless.

Lol thats wat im afraid of, running out of weapons

15 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

How about we wait and see just how much less there is before freaking out about it?

There's an over abundance of just about everything on maps right now, except for teamwork.

Wait til tomorrow and see how things play out. I'm getting more excited...If they can manage to squash some of the major bugs, we could be back in business.

Agreed, there is an over abundance of pretty much everything.  The point of a match is to escape, find your items, outsmart Jason, and get the heck out.  Counselors these days have become more likely to hang around and beat the crap out of Jason by taking advantage of the high number of weapons/pocket knives/med sprays.  Jason's not your punching bag b!+ch!!  Go back to doing what counselors were always supposed to do, find your way to escape asap and stay the hell away from Jason!! :)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Andre said:

Maybe in a lobby full of AJs. Now when they break their bat in 2 hits, they will have to embark on an epic journey to find the next one.

Other than that, a Buggzy in your lobby can speed along from sector to sector and quickly deplete all the weapons on Jason.

I'm joking around here, but there is some truth to it.

The game had WAY to many weapons. They were basically unlimited.    There shouldn't be more weapons in a camp, then in an army base.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The current state of weapons is that there are enough to demask Jason 5x over. What the weapon reduction will do is reduce trolling. It will require counselors to only attack Jason when they HAVE to, not when they WANT to.

I'm kind of with the OP on this one. I like fighting Jason as a counselor. It shouldn't be easy, it should take skill. Not everyone should feel comfortable running up on Jason but skilled vets should still be able to experience the thrill of trying to take JV on.

That's what I loved about the game up until the Oct 26 patch. I hope Gun/illfonic @GunMedia_Ben@Gertz keep this in mind.

Edit: Reduce the weapons, but not to Resident Evil survival horror levels. Maybe go back to early October levels.

• Thanks 1

I agree that some of us need to calm down just a bit and wait to see what happens before we get totally worked up. 

I am going to go ahead and assume that it going to be very much akin to how it was upon release, but most likely a few more weapons than that even. When the game was released, there were plenty of weapons for everyone, they just weren't necessarily found around every corner. 

I for one and excited for today's patch and absolutely feel like we are going in the right direction.

16 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Fighting Jason should always be a last ditch effort.  Glad it is changing to that again.  

Agreed. Can't wait to see if it plays like it used to. You know, when Jason encounters were almost certainly fatal. I hate that counselors even want to fight Jason. It should prove to be a grave error in most circumstances.

25 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

Agreed. Can't wait to see if it plays like it used to. You know, when Jason encounters were almost certainly fatal. I hate that counselors even want to fight Jason. It should prove to be a grave error in most circumstances.

EXACTLY. This game was never meant to be a competitive combat game. You are supposed to run and hide! Not WANT to fight. I hate the comparisons, but Dead By Daylight has that aspect right. You don’t WANT to see the killer. And if they find you, it’s almost certain death. That’s what this game was meant to be. That’s what it needs to get back to being. Anyone complaining about Jason being OP or not having enough pocket knives and weapons now can go play something else. That’s not what this game was made to be. You aren’t supposed to fight. You aren’t supposed to even survive. It should be extremely rare that you survive. You don’t play this game as a counselor to win. You play it to have fun inside a true Friday the 13th experience. Which means dying. A lot. That’s what this game was made to be. Not just another online battle royale competitive fighting game. You want that? Go play PUBG. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

EXACTLY. This game was never meant to be a competitive combat game. You are supposed to run and hide! Not WANT to fight

Go hide in a closet or bed then, or crouch walk in the woods and sneak out the police exit. The rest of us will be doing the work in the match. What people like you don't realise is that counselors are always going to be in situations where they need to fight Jason and where that is the best option. Counselors have the advantage in combat, which means that learning it, practicing it and using it to the best of your ability are the logical things to do.

People just need to recognise this game for what it is, and accept that it's not going to change (without a complete redesign). Contrary to what the devs would have you believe, the game is not built for Stealth / hiding. A combat-focused playstyle will therefore always be the most viable approach.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Go hide in a closet or bed then, or crouch walk in the woods and sneak out the police exit. The rest of us will be doing the work in the match. What people like you don't realise is that counselors are always going to be in situations where they need to fight Jason and where that is the best option. Counselors have the advantage in combat, which means that learning it, practicing it and using it to the best of your ability are the logical things to do.

People just need to recognise this game for what it is, and accept that it's not going to change. Contrary to what the devs would have you believe, the game is not built for Stealth / hiding. A combat-focused playstyle will therefore always be the most viable approach.

That’s why they are doing this. So combat isn’t the most viable approach anymore. Because it’s not supposed to be. 

9 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

That’s why they are doing this. So combat isn’t the most viable approach anymore. Because it’s not supposed to be. 

If you actually think the upcoming changes will impact combat in any significant way, expect disappointment. You will simply see even more high Luck / high Speed counselors than there already are. Ironically, the counselors this change will affect most are the Stealth-prioritised ones, who move even further down the ladder in terms of value.

Now with Jason's increased speed, and less weapon spawns, an AJ for example is even worse off than she was before. A Vanessa or Chad on the other hand will barely notice the difference.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

If you actually think the upcoming changes will impact combat in any significant way, expect disappointment. You will simply see even more high Luck / high Speed counselors than there already are. Ironically, the counselors this change will affect most are the Stealth-prioritised ones, who move even further down the ladder in terms of value.

Now with Jason's increased speed, and less weapon spawns, an AJ for example is even worse off than she was before. A Vanessa or Chad on the other hand will barely notice the difference.

Hopefully there will be slightly less cockiness toward jason if the PK are reduced. I always seem to find those most willing to engage aggressively in combat is because they have a PK to back them up if jason grabs. Along with a better grab I think people may not be as willing to try to smack jason around - either way we'll know soon enough. 

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

People just need to recognise this game for what it is, and accept that it's not going to change (without a complete redesign). Contrary to what the devs would have you believe, the game is not built for Stealth / hiding. A combat-focused playstyle will therefore always be the most viable approach.

Exactly and the problem is the devs need to buff Jason's fighting abilities in stead of dumbing down the counselors, ADD dont Subtract, keep the weapons, and raise Jason to the level he needs to be to combat this situation, I hate to say it but the Jason in this game was NEVER a threat, and his speed or lack thereof was the main reason, the second being the fact that he has basically no fighting abilities, his slash is pathetic and now his grab is pathetic as well. 

So my plan would be to give Jason more melee attacks, allow him to grab counselors and throw their asses across the room, allow him to clotheslines and or backhand counselors knocking them 6-8 feet away. And of course increase his speed. These things will make the game much more exciting and fun.

1 hour ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Combat is the ONLY viable thing in this game until they buff "stealth" and make it a real mechanic vs jason.

Also jason "mains" are getting a bit happy over nothing, if you were getting your ass beat last patch it's still going to happen this patch. Nothing really changed with jason that fixes his problems.

• Thanks 1

Jason obviously needs a buff. I doubt most people have an issue with that. Fewer pocket knives and med sprays are a good idea too. I doubt most people have an issue with that. However, I think if weapons are going to be scarce, that’s too far in the opposite direction. Someone said that “an encounter with Jason should almost always result in certain death” and I agree. Jason should be strong enough to be able to kill you most every time a mere counselor encounters him, but the counselor part of the game needs to continue to be fun as well. I think a good solution to this is to not allow the phone box, cars, and boat to show up on Jason’s map. He’s gotta find those locations just like the counselors do.

20 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

There's an over abundance of just about everything on maps right now, except for teamwork.

The "teamwork" I've seen lately in Quick Play is "smack the Jason pinata".

19 hours ago, Andre said:

Because its limiting, its subtracting and thus will make the game less fun.

Less fun for you maybe. It'll up the challenge a little bit. Weapon adjustments will make things "interesting".

19 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Did you know the most critically acclaimed Resident Evil games are the ones with limited weapons and ammo?

I love the earlier RE games myself. Choosing if and when to kill a zombie meant something back in those days.

18 hours ago, Randel said:

I kinda agree with andre here and i love the buffs to jason. But they keep going to far on each side each patch, once again detroying the balance this game needs.

Balance requires making adjustments to both sides. Every future patch will likely reflect that. I'm looking forward to seeing what this new patch brings to the table. And if it brings something bad, the patch after this will change things again.

I'm here reading the forums everyday but i get the feeling sometimes some of you want it to where your an 8ft giant fighting babies.

A lot of us are here daily, for different reasons. Some give good insight and suggestions in the game. Others like to troll and be entertained. I don't really think it's going to be as bad as you make it sound. Have a little faith and see what comes of it before you criticize.

I think they've done that without taking the weapons out of the game. I guess after tomorrow there will be no difference in bots and real ppl.  No challenge, Just sad. I hope they stop listening to casuals and non casuals one day and do what they want but i doubt that in this day and age.

How do you know that the devs aren't doing what they want?

18 hours ago, Faux Show said:

All things equal, most matches should end with 1 or 2 counselors escaping by the skin of their teeth.  Anything less and it's too skewed in the counselors favor, IMO.  You never see more than 2 people live in one of the movies. 

You've got 3 kinds of people who play the game. There are those that want a movie-like experience. You've got those that want to win as it is a game. Then there are also those who just screw around and troll to get their jollies.

17 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

People keep saying "balance", but honestly... this is a 7v1 game.  How much "balance" can there possibly be?

Balance is more of a perspective. You can ask 10 people what "balance" is in this game, and you'll get 10 different answers.

4 hours ago, humerabi said:

because it takes 0 skill, currently, to survive as a counselor. Your should have about a 1 percent chance of surviving in this game, not 90 percent. Now with the changes, its going to make you change the way you play as a counselor, and I love it. Even with teamwork now, your probably going to die. And that is going to make escaping mean something again. I cant frickin wait.

The chance of success is based on more that the items and weapons on a map. Teamwork, skill, luck, timing, and more have to be kept in mind.

7 hours ago, lightningbolt said:

There should be a way for the server to calculate a difficulty level from among the average of players and then put the map together based upon the difficulty.which is just way off target.

Anyone here play a video game for any reason other than it is a video game?

6 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

i really wouldn´t mind if the "let´s beat up jason" faction would just stop playing tbh. regardless of what that would mean for the playerbase...

Players come and go. Just sayin' B)

4 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

I'm joking around here, but there is some truth to it.

A lot of truth in a joke.

And a whole lot of double posts in this thread.

8 hours ago, Andre said:

I wouldn't worry about it, bud. I highly doubt they will be that drastic.

What, so as a counselor you get 2-3 weapons to choose from per match versus the 3-5 you used to get?

Get Good, scrub, you'll be fine.

6 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Thats not really accurate. Small changes could drastically change the way counselors view combat in this game. You absolutely don't need a "complete redesign". This patch is a first step, but more needs to be done. Reducing weapon stun chance and durability(even in the hands of a Chad) would go a long way. 

What is amazing, is so many people complained non stop about too many weapons. They say they are going to cut back a bit, and of course someone loses their mind on the topic. I just am curious what kind of person as walking around Crystal lake with 3 pocket knives, dual wielding  shotguns, while carrying 2 to 3 medsparys, a bat, machete and thought to themselves.  These feels normal, i hope they don't take away all my weapons. 

9 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

The problem with this line of thinking is that fighting Jason will never be a last ditch effort, not ever again. You can't turn back time, you can't revert playerbase progress from the last 7 months. This is the direction the game has gone in, and even beginners are quickly exposed to the aggressive counselor playstyle and follow suit. 

Less weapons just means high Luck counselors will be even more valued, since they can hold on to the weapons they have for the longest amount of time. Perhaps Man At Arms perk will now become more common for even more increased durability. Expect to see more Chads running around with a wrench that lasts the whole match. Likewise, increased Jason speed is just going to result in even more Vanessas.

I don't necessarily disagree with less weapons, but it's not going to have the effect everyone thinks. There's no going back to the "fight Jason as a last ditch effort" from release. The only reason it even existed is because most people didn't know how to play. This change doesn't remove all the skills that good counselors have in combat, or remove what can be learned. Mechanically, the game favours counselors in combat more than it does Jason. They have the advantage and will continue to utilise it, regardless of weapon count.

Exactly.  I began back in October, and the first thought after a few games was "how can I make the J-kill consistent in a public lobby".  After my first month of learning the game and seeking out information for the aforementioned guides, I started "hunting".  Reducing Pocket Knives and Weapons isn't going to change players like myself mindset.  We are just going to adjust/adapt to find out how to be effective in the way we play in light of the new changes.

I don't understand the bad stigma that "hunters" seems to have here.  I guess it goes against the "spirit" of the franchise, but I looking it from effectively playing a video game point-of-view.  Sure counselors looking for the kill often die, but lets look at it this way.  In a typical public match where no one is thinking about the "hidden objective" unless it become convenient for them, there is 3 mean of survival without waiting out 20mins.  If there is one or two players that are solely looking for the kill, then Jason has to manage 4 objectives, another thing to worry and prioritize.   I've seen so many Jason's crumble because they chase after me after I grab the sweeter even before his shift and 4-seater starts or cop are call.  Even if I failed the kill, even just the threat effects the entire game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Wick said:

Thats not really accurate. Small changes could drastically change the way counselors view combat in this game. You absolutely don't need a "complete redesign". This patch is a first step, but more needs to be done. Reducing weapon stun chance and durability(even in the hands of a Chad) would go a long way. 

The only way combat for counselors would change is if they entirely removed their weapons. It doesn't mean Jason couldn't be made stronger and more equipped to deal with combat, but counselor mentality will stay the same and players will find new ways to maintain their aggressive playstyle. Anyone hoping otherwise will continue to be disappointed.