Agreed, but I think this patch will fix the item spawn

Weapons themselves were never really the problem, the actual problem is unlimited items not from the game world itself. Those who know how to get unlimited items are still going to get unlimited items. Those who rely on the game world for items and weapons the way they are intended are going to die just as much as they always have with possibly fewer mean to survive, meanwhile those who get unlimited items are still going to have unlimited items. There is a sad potential here that updates such as this may only exacerbate and possibly even encourage a fringe cheating problem.

running out of wepons eventually is good for one there will be more running from the killer like its meant to be.  use malee when needed when you have low stamina and hes close to catching you

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ikarikh said:

The issue is that the devs allowed the game to get to the point where Counselors could easily fuck with Jason and they were loaded with weapons, meds, knives etc. So they felt super comfortable every match to not even worry.

Now taking it all away is going to piss them off because they're used to this being the game. Totally changing the game back to its ORIGINAL intention where they need to be AFRAID of Jason is like giving a spoiled child $500 every week then realizing they're spoiled and taking it away. 

So of course now you have all the spoiled children flipping out and demanding their $500 back.

So while the child is certainly a spoiled piece of shit who NEEDS to learn he can't have that $500 every week and to grow the fuck up, the devs are the bad parents who now have to accept they're gonna have to deal with their spoiled, tantrum throwing piece of shit kids now that they finally decided to cut them off and force them to grow up, because they're the ones who spoiled those kids in the first place.

Long story short, when you spoil your children, this is what happens. Spoiled, entitled brats will be.....spoiled entitled brats.

2 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Cheats and exploits, that's why. As far as taking advice, you bet I do! I learn from plenty of players I've gamed with, and videos of others I haven't played with. Fact is, if you need to use those "skillz" then you are using an unfair advantage against your opponent. That's why I look down on players that utilize that crap. I learned to play by doing it, got bested time and again and adapted my play. And I'm not super skilled by any means, don't have that kinda time to invest. But, I find it amusing that just about everyone who has such an issue with rebalancing and counselor nerfs are the ones who've mentioned THAT player. He really did have an impact on this game alright, he taught the git gudders their tricks.

1 hour ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

I knew something like this would happen. They're bringing the game heavily to Jason's side. All that's gonna happen is counselors are going to complain like how Jason players were bitching on the forums and they're going to nerf Jason again. Then Jason players will be whining again and counselors will get nerfed again. They need a balance. Take away some pocket knives, leave med sprays alone, leave weapons alone, fix Jason's grab a little, and fix hit detection for counselors and Jason. That's all that's needed. There was no reason to make Jason faster, especially the running ones which are already impossible to escape with repair characters. Not only that, but now those repair characters don't have any means of escape now that they've reduced pocket knives and let's not forget how they won't even be able to try and fight Jason when all the damn weapons are gone. Enjoy Jason's few months of glory, because I have a feeling he's gonna get a nerfing soon.

It is not really the devs fault that there are people out there that exploit games to get unlimited items. The only thing I can see them doing for jason is something that they have not yet done for him, and that is to give jason a long-range ability to effect and kill individuals within a group in a range from him that does not enable against lone councilors alone (unlimited item cheaters tend to use chad, vanessa and bully tactics in a group of 2 or more). That way, people who use unlimited item cheats and those who do not would be dealt with by jason equally and the game world could justifiably be filled to the brim with items for the councilors, then. Items are the main way that councilors survive and decreasing them in favor of a jason that does not address the cheating problem could be detrimental to the game.

43 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

But morph trapping, car surfing, sliding.... Nah, I'd rather die by Jason's hand than resort to that.

I don't do those things, and those tactics are but a small part of everything that Rydog and Pappus taught players and all the knowledge they shared. Which they provided at release.

I guess there are just those of us that want to play a game the way it was supposed to be and those of us that just want to win by any means necessary.

• Thanks 1

The staple of all horror games out there is the careful control of how many weapons you allow the victims to wield. If the victims are too well-armed, you either create an executioner who is freakishly powerful or you cut down on the weapons/defensive options the victims can use. While I'm more of a fan of the former, it clearly wouldn't do much right now with how many pocket knives/healing there were on a map in any given time.

For anyone who doesn't understand the basics of fear, it's that human beings instinctively arm themselves with anything that can feasibly be used as a weapon when they're in mortal danger. Making it more difficult to arm yourself can really turn up the dial in any horror/survival setting.

Lessening the number of machetes/wrenches is a good step. Those weapons have been staples for fighting Jason off yet were very commonplace. Especially on the smaller maps.

34 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I don't do those things, and those tactics are but a small part of everything that Rydog and Pappus taught players and all the knowledge they shared. Which they provided at release.

Ok, I get where you're coming from and am glad to hear you don't resort to such tactics. I didn't think you did anyway, most posts I've read of yours are informative and helpful. I just know you and a couple others have mentioned Pappus in posts before. Some of his stuff is helpful, but it's the exploits I can't stand. That type of stuff gets spread around, enabling trolls and various other assholes within the community. Unfortunately, that's the legacy I remember him by. Information in and of itself is not evil, it's how we use it.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Andre said:

But this isnt a good way from a fun gameplay standpoint to balance out the game a reduce trolling, to reduce trolling they should just buff Jason like they were doing, make him faster, make him stronger, give him more combat attacks besides just slashing and grabbing, so he can knock the shit out of counselors. But dont limit the counselors ability to defend themselves. And this is coming feom a big Jason main, YES Jasoj definitely needs to be faster, yes pocket knives need to be reduced, yes Jasons combat is awful, but reducing wrenches because the counselors are great at using them?....No

Sorry that you're so upset about potentially losing the Jason safari hunt and might actually have to be a camp counselor now instead of a marine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lightningbolt said:

, the actual problem is unlimited items not from the game world itself. 

Hahaha...no.

The actual problem is that the December patch added 3-5 extra pocket knives, 2-3 extra shotguns, and 3-4 extra sprays on top of Jason's shitty hit detection and t-rex arms grab. 

Hackers/exploiters are a whole separate issue that should be ruthlessly crushed with ISP-level bans (i.e., when they don't go away after banning, report user to ISP for network abuse, a violation of the user's agreement with the ISP). But you don't balance the game around corner-case cheating.

• Thanks 1

To be honest, I hope the patch breaks balance in Jason's favour and isn't addressed for four months. Only then will counselor mains shut the fuck up and get what we've been saying...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

To be honest, I hope the patch breaks balance in Jason's favour and isn't addressed for four months. Only then will counselor mains shut the fuck up and get what we've been saying...

To be fair, there are counselor mains like myself who want the game to be harder for us to survive also. Though I'm starting to wonder if I'm part of a minority; it kinda worries me how many counselor mains want the extra pocket knives/med sprays to stay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trident77 said:

To be fair, there are counselor mains like myself who want the game to be harder for us to survive also. Though I'm starting to wonder if I'm part of a minority; it kinda worries me how many counselor mains want the extra pocket knives/med sprays to stay.

You appear to be. People like to win. I get that, we all do. I don't think a lot of these folks understand how negatively it has impacted the game to have Jason as a piñata.

Hopefully the patch will bring balance to a place where both Jason and the counselors are challenged and success is achieved with skill.

4 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

I never set a preference, I like playing both. But, these last few months have been hell for big J. I've had some bad games, and seen some awesome J players have some too. I play private against some pretty good players, so it's been rough. But all the hate on Facebook.... Counselor mains are losing their minds! I think you might be the minority among them, and a few friends of mine who share your opinion. I want to be on the edge of my seat when I see Jason coming, not "Oh. It's this pussy again." I'm looking forward to the tension, and I can't wait to get my game on tonight!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

There should be a way for the server to calculate a difficulty level from among the average of players and then put the map together based upon the difficulty.

31 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Except that the vast majority of gamers in general play games just simply because they like playing video games. When you take out the aspects of a video game to the point to where it is not even a video game anymore, the people who are going to play a game because it is a video game are no longer going to be interested in playing a game. Those people are not going to be scared by jason, they are going to be annoyed at the way the game plays. And if you think that reducing items out of a game where most people would not take the lone killer serious in the first place due to seeing this as a video game, it is not going to make the game scary and more frightening; those players are going to be annoyed that they have fewer options to help their characters survive past 2 minutes into the game. This game is not some consistently reenacted movie where 7 out of 8 people agree to run around, have their characters killed and jason wins all the time.  It is a video game and the majority of people who would be willing to play this game would do so because it is a video game, not because it is a tribute to jason killing councilors. People who like this game because it is just simply jason killing councilors like in the movies, want to see more of that are a fringe minority in comparison to the potential of gamers who would enjoy this game.

Taking that, I agree that jason should be formidable and not a complete cupcake; but, I have to disagree that the way to go is to cripple the way councilors can defend themselves against jason. Taking that, jason does need a buff, but what he needs is a long-range ability that targets bully class councilors other than what he already has and can not be used against stealth or alone councilors. Not these other bs suggestions like limiting pocket knives or playing around with aspects of his grab function which is just way off target.

8 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

You appear to be. People like to win. I get that, we all do. I don't think a lot of these folks understand how negatively it has impacted the game to have Jason as a piñata.

Hopefully the patch will bring balance to a place where both Jason and the counselors are challenged and success is achieved with skill.

I hope so too. But seeing the number of wrenches/machetes being reduced on top of the pocket knife/med spray reductions gives me hope the devs are going to start re-thinking how counselor gameplay should be: challenging.

2 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

I never set a preference, I like playing both. But, these last few months have been hell for big J. I've had some bad games, and seen some awesome J players have some too. I play private against some pretty good players, so it's been rough. But all the hate on Facebook.... Counselor mains are losing their minds! I think you might be the minority among them, and a few friends of mine who share your opinion. I want to be on the edge of my seat when I see Jason coming, not "Oh. It's this pussy again." I'm looking forward to the tension, and I can't wait to get my game on tonight!

Only a few more hours...

1 minute ago, lightningbolt said:

There should be a way for the server to calculate a difficulty level from among the average of a players and then put the map together based upon the difficulty.

Realistically speaking the only way to do that would be calculate them from the levels of the players, like finding the average amongst the group.

But even then there are still terrible high-leveled players in existence, so you'd never really get an unbeatable system.

• Like 1

@lightningbolt

Lots of exaggerations and assumptions in your reply...

You lost me completely when you said people who want Jason to be like he is in the movies are only a "fringe minority". 

You remember this is a Friday the 13th game that was funded by that "fringe minority", right?

• Like 1

@lightningbolt the mistake is not reducing weapons and items now. the mistake was to put so many items in the game and making it a jason hunt. i don´t want the jedi force grab back, but these where at least matches with tension back then. heck i´d rather play with jason blocking flares and traps again than the current version with jason as pinata.

you wanna beat someone up in a game? try tekken.

also i really wouldn´t mind if the "let´s beat up jason" faction would just stop playing tbh. regardless of what that would mean for the playerbase...

• Like 1

It's all very well for people to say you need to get better at playing jason, the fact is there's too many weapons and you can play game after game with different player lobbies when even low levels are running around smacking the shit out of jason and waiting lynch mob style at the police exits. That alone tells you that councilors have had it easy and it's unbalanced. 

27 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@lightningbolt

Lots of exaggerations and assumptions in your reply...

You lost me completely when you said people who want Jason to be like he is in the movies are only a "fringe minority". 

You remember this is a Friday the 13th game that was funded by that "fringe minority", right?

This exactly. I am also sick of hearing well this is a video game not the movies. Dolts it is a videogame based on those movies. Therefore it should resemble the movies. Maybe they should petition for a survival mode where they are cops trying to bring jason down like at the begining of Jason goes to hell. But regular gameplay shopuld be true to Jason not some casual players that want the gameplay to cater to them. It's Jasons game deal with it. 

3 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Sure you don’t do those things LOL!  that is why you went out of your way to look up people I never heard of , that teach exploits , I dont look at manuals are guides, people who  do have every intent to use them, like I’m sure you do regardless of what you write on an Internet forum.

Also the GIT GOOD phase was stated by the devs  when they refused to admit they screwed up the game, that phrase was kept up by the people who like to troll, hunt and beat on a nerfed Jason(it annoyed me like nothing else, those same turds that will be whining already about the decrease in pocket knives and other weapons, I’m just going togive them their own medicine and tell them to GiT Good.

Not me I wont tell them to get good because I don't care. If they do not take the time to adapt and overcome I don't care. I keep hearing it won't be fun for those of us who play counslers. I do not care. If you have an inability to get better and have fun from being challenged I don't care. Survival horror is not casual play. You want casual play survival Horror get a mobil game for your phone. The adults want to play serious games here and it is not on us to make it fun for you. You are responcible for your own fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NytmereZ said:

Sure you don’t do those things LOL!  that is why you went out of your way to look up people I never heard of , that teach exploits , I dont look at manuals are guides, people who  do have every intent to use them, like I’m sure you do regardless of what you write on an Internet forum.

This is completely moronic. You are so out of your depth in this conversation that it would not even be worth the effort to explain it to you. 

I don't get why you think this is an issue. They didn't say they were taking away all weapons, they are just being reduced. At launch, there weren't as many weapons (this was at a time where the game felt scarier.) When they added more weapons, Jason became a punching bag and less of a threat.

Turning down the amount of weapons is a great idea. As someone stated previously in the topic, fighting Jason should be a last ditch effort. This will allow for more of a focus on gathering supplies in order to escape as well as the classic cat and mouse formula we see in the films.

14 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

You should see the people whining about the counselor nerfs on the Twitter post. Hoo boy.

because it takes 0 skill, currently, to survive as a counselor. Your should have about a 1 percent chance of surviving in this game, not 90 percent. Now with the changes, its going to make you change the way you play as a counselor, and I love it. Even with teamwork now, your probably going to die. And that is going to make escaping mean something again. I cant frickin wait.