2 minutes ago, Ker Juice said:

The last patch felt like it added more weapons to the maps- definitely the Axe & Shotgun. Maybe they are returning the weapon spawns to  that of launch, which would be just fine by me. Anything more than that however, is doing too much. 

This is what my assumption is and I think that would be fine. However, the real "too many weapons" issue seemed to have started when they were added to the campsites. I wonder if they are going to take that away altogether or just tone it down.

4 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

The issue is that the devs allowed the game to get to the point where Counselors could easily fuck with Jason and they were loaded with weapons, meds, knives etc. So they felt super comfortable every match to not even worry.

Now taking it all away is going to piss them off because they're used to this being the game. Totally changing the game back to its ORIGINAL intention where they need to be AFRAID of Jason is like giving a spoiled child $500 every week then realizing they're spoiled and taking it away. 

So of course now you have all the spoiled children flipping out and demanding their $500 back.

So while the child is certainly a spoiled piece of shit who NEEDS to learn he can't have that $500 every week and to grow the fuck up, the devs are the bad parents who now have to accept they're gonna have to deal with their spoiled, tantrum throwing piece of shit kids now that they finally decided to cut them off and force them to grow up, because they're the ones who spoiled those kids in the first place.

Long story short, when you spoil your children, this is what happens. Spoiled, entitled brats will be.....spoiled entitled brats.

Haha Well fucking said.

The counselor crying begins...I love it.

I played as Jason in a match last night where I ate at least 5 pocket knives. All I could think was, "just wait until Tuesday. lol."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

This is a video game and  because the devs decided to include a method to kill the killer, that brings the rise of "hunter" like myself.  You may not like it, but you don't have any right telling me how I should play as much as I do to you. 

Hunter.... Feel free to play as you will. Can't say any hunters have fared well against Jason, just Tommy.

1 hour ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Play however you like - just don't expect to be able to exploit exceptionally poor balance while doing so.

Well said!

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

When the game first came out, of course all survival option was harder because player generally had less experiance and game knowleadge as we do now.  Combat was not a viable option yet because few could actually utilize it.  If the game remained static from it release state, the meta would have evolved to combat just as Pappus predict even before the Jason Nerfs. 

That reference says alot! Yeah, I've watched his videos too. Didn't learn anything from that sunglass wearing super smurf exploiter, matter of fact I felt like taking a shower after watching that crap! If that's how you play, that's your business. But, some of us like to play a fair game. No car surfing, sliding, wall/door exploits, among the other garbage he sold.

22 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

The issue is that the devs allowed the game to get to the point where Counselors could easily fuck with Jason and they were loaded with weapons, meds, knives etc. So they felt super comfortable every match to not even worry.

Now taking it all away is going to piss them off because they're used to this being the game. Totally changing the game back to its ORIGINAL intention where they need to be AFRAID of Jason is like giving a spoiled child $500 every week then realizing they're spoiled and taking it away. 

So of course now you have all the spoiled children flipping out and demanding their $500 back.

So while the child is certainly a spoiled piece of shit who NEEDS to learn he can't have that $500 every week and to grow the fuck up, the devs are the bad parents who now have to accept they're gonna have to deal with their spoiled, tantrum throwing piece of shit kids now that they finally decided to cut them off and force them to grow up, because they're the ones who spoiled those kids in the first place.

Long story short, when you spoil your children, this is what happens. Spoiled, entitled brats will be.....spoiled entitled brats.

I'll end it with this awesome quote right here, well said!

"People like Original Poster really get under my skin, "Im not having fun with this, I dont like it! So lets make it so that no one can do it all because I-dont-like-it!" Thats behavior of a Downlow sociopath "

Funny how the person who said this is now being "that guy".... about something he hasn't even experienced yet lol

1 hour ago, Redrum138 said:

That reference says alot! Yeah, I've watched his videos too. Didn't learn anything from that sunglass wearing super smurf exploiter, matter of fact I felt like taking a shower after watching that crap! If that's how you play, that's your business. But, some of us like to play a fair game. No car surfing, sliding, wall/door exploits, among the other garbage he sold.

I'm not sure why you're looking down on Pappus when he has help tremendously to players wanting to understand and utilize combat.  I'm sorry that you didn't learn anything, because you must be sooo skilled that you wouldn't consider advice from anyone else.  While I do use some exploits (dodge-cancel and the former swing-cancel) I don't use ones the remove all risk or offer no counter-play such as glitch though objects or sliding because it's boring and doesn't improve my counselors skill.  Hitting though door or window is fine, as Jason can avoid the stun though combat stance.  Even with that, its not the player responsibility, its the developer job to manage that and fix it.  There is a reason why play-tester have a job and if a game is ruined by it, its on them.

I don't mind the changes much because I view it as a challenge.  I want to see how I can maintain my style of play regardless of the changes, and from my predictions from the information given, it shouldn't change too much.  Maybe I'll get 1 less J-kill for a day, I don't know, :P. lol

2 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Gunn media limited their game when they put to many weapons in it, this game isn’t about fighting and hunting Jason , it’s obvious you are not a Friday the 13th movie fan, , You obviously did not play at launch. The object of the game is to survive, not hunt/fight Jason , the nerfs made it that way.

You are  just going to have to GIT GOOD at surviving without 8 pocket knives, 4 shotguns , and endless other weapons on the map, this is Friday the 13th not Call of Duty.

Would you stop claiming everyone with a different opinion isn't a "real fan"? That is such a stupid argument that makes you look foolish. I want Jason buffed back to where he was at launch, (or close), and I want WAY less pocket knives. But I'm not going to say someone who doesn't is less of a fan. That's dumb. Also, it's impossible to take anyone seriously who says "git good".

Edited by Big Daddy J
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ker Juice said:

The last patch felt like it added more weapons to the maps- definitely the Axe & Shotgun. Maybe they are returning the weapon spawns to  that of launch, which would be just fine by me. Anything more than that however, is doing too much. 

It increased no doubt. I think the spawns at launch were pretty much perfect. Although I do like that they added spawn points to the camps, there was no reason to go there at all before. Unless you wanted a frying pan for some reason.

• Like 1

The ONLY ones complaining about this are those who have combat in mind as a counselor. That’s your first f’ing mistake. Get combat the hell out of your mind. Combat should NEVER be your first option, ever. I don’t think this balance patch goes far enough, but it’s a great start. We still need to see a drastic reduction in stun chance and weapon durability. That along with the lack of weapons will be perfect. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ikarikh said:

This is pretty much the perfect f’ing post on this topic.

The good news is, that whining will go away when these clowns drop off and go back to Dead By Daylight. They were NEVER truly part of this games community and were always going to bail at the first opportunity. I promise, if they leave you will instantly see better matches, with less griefing, less rage quitting etc. 

27 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

Would you stop claiming everyone with a different opinion isn't a "real fan"? That is such a stupid argument that makes you look foolish. I want Jason buffed back to where he was at launch, (or close), and I want WAY less pocket knives. But I'm not going to say someone who doesn't is less of a fan. That's dumb. Also, it's impossible to take anyone seriously who says "git good".

GIT GOOD was a statement made by trolls liked beating the hell out of Jason , Now for every person who cry’s about counselors getting set back to where they we at launch, I’m going to tell The to GIT GOOG

22 minutes ago, John Wick said:

This is pretty much the perfect f’ing post on this topic.

The good news is, that whining will go away when these clowns drop off and go back to Dead By Daylight. They were NEVER truly part of this games community and were always going to bail at the first opportunity. I promise, if they leave you will instantly see better matches, with less griefing, less rage quitting etc. 

I agree, these clowns need to go away,  better yet, maybe they should stay so they can get their asses handed to then by Jason , if they don’t like it, they can find another game.

Just now, NytmereZ said:

GIT GOOD was a statement made by trolls liked beating the hell out of Jason , Now for every person who cry’s about counselors getting set back to where they we at launch, I’m going to tell The to GIT GOOG

OK, go ahead. Just don't be shocked if no one takes you seriously, just like no one took them seriously when they did it.

2 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

I'm not sure why you're looking down on Pappus when he has help tremendously to players wanting to understand and utilize combat.  I'm sorry that you didn't learn anything, because you must be sooo skilled that you wouldn't consider advice from anyone else.  While I do use some exploits (dodge-cancel and the former swing-cancel) I don't use ones the remove all risk or offer no counter-play such as glitch though objects or sliding because it's boring and doesn't improve my counselors skill.  Hitting though door or window is fine, as Jason can avoid the stun though combat stance.  Even with that, its not the player responsibility, its the developer job to manage that and fix it.  There is a reason why play-tester have a job and if a game is ruined by it, its on them.

Cheats and exploits, that's why. As far as taking advice, you bet I do! I learn from plenty of players I've gamed with, and videos of others I haven't played with. Fact is, if you need to use those "skillz" then you are using an unfair advantage against your opponent. That's why I look down on players that utilize that crap. I learned to play by doing it, got bested time and again and adapted my play. And I'm not super skilled by any means, don't have that kinda time to invest. But, I find it amusing that just about everyone who has such an issue with rebalancing and counselor nerfs are the ones who've mentioned THAT player. He really did have an impact on this game alright, he taught the git gudders their tricks.

16 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Cheats and exploits, that's why. As far as taking advice, you bet I do! I learn from plenty of players I've gamed with, and videos of others I haven't played with. Fact is, if you need to use those "skillz" then you are using an unfair advantage against your opponent. That's why I look down on players that utilize that crap. I learned to play by doing it, got bested time and again and adapted my play. And I'm not super skilled by any means, don't have that kinda time to invest. But, I find it amusing that just about everyone who has such an issue with rebalancing and counselor nerfs are the ones who've mentioned THAT player. He really did have an impact on this game alright, he taught the git gudders their tricks.

I know Pappus is trolling in his play-though, but his Counselor guide is a great resource and the GoTo for anyone that starting combat training.  I'm against cheats, but some exploits or unintended "features" can add depth to game.  Classic examples combo canceling in Street Fighter or Wave Dashing in Smash Bro Melee.  Because I come from an extensive background in Fighting games, dealing with exploit are nothing new to me. Casual or not, you are competing with another person whose goal is end you, so if there is some kind of advantage or tech that is useful, you use it.  Again, its not my fault if Jason doesn't know how to combat it or counter it.  They should learn and that is how you get better.  The problem is many "casual" players don't want to learn beyond the basics or figure out how to counter these tech.

I knew something like this would happen. They're bringing the game heavily to Jason's side. All that's gonna happen is counselors are going to complain like how Jason players were bitching on the forums and they're going to nerf Jason again. Then Jason players will be whining again and counselors will get nerfed again. They need a balance. Take away some pocket knives, leave med sprays alone, leave weapons alone, fix Jason's grab a little, and fix hit detection for counselors and Jason. That's all that's needed. There was no reason to make Jason faster, especially the running ones which are already impossible to escape with repair characters. Not only that, but now those repair characters don't have any means of escape now that they've reduced pocket knives and let's not forget how they won't even be able to try and fight Jason when all the damn weapons are gone. Enjoy Jason's few months of glory, because I have a feeling he's gonna get a nerfing soon.

1 hour ago, Redrum138 said:

But, I find it amusing that just about everyone who has such an issue with rebalancing and counselor nerfs are the ones who've mentioned THAT player. He really did have an impact on this game alright, he taught the git gudders their tricks.

Little do you know that all the tricks you learned as counselor have most likely been passed down from Rydog and Pappus guides. I don't have a problem with counselor nerfs, but I respect Pappus just the same. How's that for your stereotyping? 

Weapons won't ever run out, they never have. The more powerful ones just won't be in as much abundance, like how it was originally. It's like people are afraid someone is going to snag the last pan and everyone will be defenseless.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

Weapons won't ever run out, they never have. The more powerful ones just won't be in as much abundance, like how it was originally. It's like people are afraid someone is going to snag the last pan and everyone will be defenseless.

They're taking away a lot of the blunt weapons that can stun. So once all the wrenches run out, you are pretty much fucked if you only have a pan that stuns him maybe 1 every 7 hits. You might as well not have the weapon at all.

7 hours ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

This game was based on the movies. No one should EVER hunt Jason. And if you make that choice, then you should die. 

Hell yes, tell it like it is good sir.

12 minutes ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

They're taking away a lot of the blunt weapons that can stun. So once all the wrenches run out, you are pretty much fucked if you only have a pan that stuns him maybe 1 every 7 hits. You might as well not have the weapon at all.

But no one knows exactly how they'll tweak it because it isn't out yet. Myself included, so I apologize for my assumption that it will be fine, but I really don't see it getting worse than it's ever been. That aspect of the game was pretty good at launch.

20 minutes ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

I imagine the result of this change will be a lot more Chads / High Luck counselors running around. A Chad's wrench can probably last an entire match (15 hits) if he only uses it when he needs to for a stamina boost (50% each hit).

6 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Gunn media limited their game when they put to many weapons in it, this game isn’t about fighting and hunting Jason , it’s obvious you are not a Friday the 13th movie fan, , You obviously did not play at launch. The object of the game is to survive, not hunt/fight Jason , the nerfs made it that way.

You are  just going to have to GIT GOOD at surviving without 8 pocket knives, 4 shotguns , and endless other weapons on the map, this is Friday the 13th not Call of Duty.

While I agree with what you're saying, can we please let the "git gudd" terminology go to the dumpster where it belongs?

That phrase needs to die in a fire.

2 minutes ago, R.J MacReady said:

That phrase needs to die in a fire.

It really does. Only people who I see using it are the close-minded type, on whatever side of the argument they're on.

11 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Little do you know that all the tricks you learned as counselor have most likely been passed down from Rydog and Pappus guides. I don't have a problem with counselor nerfs, but I respect Pappus just the same. How's that for your stereotyping? 

Hahaha! stereotyping! Classic! I was wondering when you would say something. I watched his videos and I learned that I didn't want to play like that. Not saying he wasn't skilled, takes alot of "skillz" to play like that! Right? Not for me, I learned from playing with good players sure. And no, they are like me and they had seen his videos yet decided we didn't want to exploit our opponents like that. Most good players have seen them, and yeah some of it was useful. Spacing, centering for turn around shots, turn and burn. That stuff we use because it's the same for everyone, no exploits there. But morph trapping, car surfing, sliding.... Nah, I'd rather die by Jason's hand than resort to that. It's only a game, and all in all I would rather be dead in it than play like that. That's just my opinion, not saying it's anything more. You play your game, I'll play mine.