I think they've done that without taking the weapons out of the game. I guess after tomorrow there will be no difference in bots and real ppl.  No challenge, Just sad. I hope they stop listening to casuals and non casuals one day and do what they want but i doubt that in this day and age.

It was VERY SILLY when all 7 counselors could literally constantly break weapons over Jason, only to hop over to two cabins and replenish.

You shouldn't be wanting to do that.

You shouldn't be wanting to solo dolo. You don't want to play together, then Jason wins.

It'll be interesting to see how the pendelum swings. A lot of people have not wanted to play as Jason for a while now. That could change for counselor, but 7 is greater than 1. If you have nobody who wants to play as Jason, you have no game, you have no F13. The greater number will still allow for people to want to play counselor, but now the good, easy times won't be as good unless your more coordinated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andre said:

when ever Im a counselor all I do is hunt and fight Jason and thats something I should have the choice to do in a game.e

And you still will!  However, most folks who make that choice in the movies to duke-it-out with Jason (Julius?) don't fare so well...as it should be.

;)

• Like 1

Yeah i get that, I really do. And I hated watching jason get the shit kicked out of him damn near every game. im 40 yrs old Trust me i hated it but i want this game to thrive more than anything. Without pocket knoves i feel there will be alot less cocky shits hanging around just a decent jason. But whatever we will be in this same boat 2 months from now with the same problem but with a smaller player base.

1 hour ago, Andre said:

I mean wtf, if I choose to be a fighter or hunter and fight Jason, that should be my damn decision, Jesus Christmas goddamn, just when I thought they had it right with increasing Jason's speed, the mess it up by taking away some of they weapons, annoying

COK2B_RVEAAj0lp.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andre said:

Because its limiting, its subtracting and thus will make the game less fun...there is a away to buff Jason without making gameplay limiting and vise versa, hell we already run out of weapons, I mean we already had the "You are not allowed to kill other counselors so we are taking that ability away from you" phase, now its.."you are not allowed to fight Jason unless you're backed into a corner so we are taking away a bunch of weapons!" 

I mean wtf, if I choose to be a fighter or hunter and fight Jason, that should be my damn decision, Jesus Christmas goddamn, just when I thought they had it right with increasing Jason's speed, the mess it up by taking away some of they weapons, annoying

Mehh.  I wouldn't worry about it too much.  Chad will still be able to fight and keep his weapon when he needs it.  I think the purpose of this change is to discourage mobbing on weaker Jasons, since suitable weapons will quickly dry up as everyone running back and forth for replacement.  Killing Jason will most likely not be effected much since most players avoid machetes due to it's low stun rate, leaving them for those looking to do the demask (Bugzy/Tommy).  Weapon management will be key since you can no longer just smack Jason's stupid face as freely anymore.  We will see soon.

1 hour ago, Andre said:

Because its limiting, its subtracting and thus will make the game less fun...there is a away to buff Jason without making gameplay limiting and vise versa, hell we already run out of weapons, I mean we already had the "You are not allowed to kill other counselors so we are taking that ability away from you" phase, now its.."you are not allowed to fight Jason unless you're backed into a corner so we are taking away a bunch of weapons!" 

This game was based on the movies. No one should EVER hunt Jason. And if you make that choice, then you should die. 

• Thanks 1

All things equal, most matches should end with 1 or 2 counselors escaping by the skin of their teeth.  Anything less and it's too skewed in the counselors favor, IMO.  You never see more than 2 people live in one of the movies. 

12 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

This game was based on the movies. No one should EVER hunt Jason. And if you make that choice, then you should die. 

Whether this is based on a movie or not, it does not change the fact that this is Friday the 13th "The Game".   This is a video game and  because the devs decided to include a method to kill the killer, that brings the rise of "hunter" like myself.  You may not like it, but you don't have any right telling me how I should play as much as I do to you.  I don't mind if the devs making it harder, as challenges makes it more thrilling.  We will adapt, we will find ways and Jasons will be salty >:D.  This will not change unless they remove the Killing option completely.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

Whether this is based on a movie or not, it does not change the fact that this is Friday the 13th "The Game".   Because the devs decided to include a method to kill the killer, that brings the rise of "hunter" like myself.  You may not like it, but you don't have any right telling me how I should play as much as I do to you.  I don't mind if the devs making it harder, as challenges makes it more thrilling.  We will adapt, we will find ways and Jasons will be salty >:D.  This will not change unless they remove the Killing option completely.

He should be able to die. Just like the movies. But it should be rare and difficult. And needs EXTREME teamwork. Same with escaping. It should be rare. Like when it was first released. There are FAR too many pocket knives, med sprays, and weapons now. It’s ridiculous. There should never be enough for every counselor. They should feel special when you find one. Like when it first came out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Whether this is based on a movie or not, it does not change the fact that this is Friday the 13th "The Game".   This is a video game and  because the devs decided to include a method to kill the killer, that brings the rise of "hunter" like myself.  You may not like it, but you don't have any right telling me how I should play as much as I do to you.  I don't mind if the devs making it harder, as challenges makes it more thrilling.  We will adapt, we will find ways and Jasons will be salty >:D.  This will not change unless they remove the Killing option completely.

Play however you like - just don't expect to be able to exploit exceptionally poor balance while doing so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Play however you like - just don't expect to be able to exploit exceptionally poor balance while doing so.

Exactly. Like I said, you want to hunt Jason? Go for it. Just don’t expect it to be easy anymore. 

3 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

the devs decided to include a method to kill the killer, that brings the rise of "hunter" like myself.

Then I think you should go for it.  Just like Leroy Jenkins.  Just remember that in this fish bowl, you're the guppie, not the shark.  The devs aren't supplying your hunting trip but instead odds and ends to aid in your survival.  When the devs include a map of Ted Nugent's House *THEN* we can load in much more weapons, claymores, tiger pits, etc...

• Haha 1

Just now, Charlie Chainsaw said:

He should be able to die. Just like the movies. But it should be rare and difficult. And needs EXTREME teamwork. Same with escaping. It should be rare. Like when it was first released. There are FAR too many pocket knives, med sprays, and weapons now. It’s ridiculous. There should never be enough for every counselor. They should feel special when you find one. Like when it first came out. 

When the game first came out, of course all survival option was harder because player generally had less experiance and game knowleadge as we do now.  Combat was not a viable option yet because few could actually utilize it.  If the game remained static from it release state, the meta would have evolved to combat just as Pappus predict even before the Jason Nerfs.  The extra items just made the mediocre players easier to join in the fiesta :P

4 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Poor balance or not isn't my problem, that is the devs.  I play the game as effectively as I can regardless of the balance.   

Just now, GeneiJin said:

Poor balance or not isn't my problem, that is the devs.  I play the game as effectively as I can regardless of the balance.   

Whatever you say, superdood. I'm sure a much-needed improvement in balance won't hinder your awesome Jason-hunting skills in any way :lol:

People keep saying "balance", but honestly... this is a 7v1 game.  How much "balance" can there possibly be?   Jason should be OP af and players should fear him.   Now it is about finding the counselor you are most successful with and learning how you will need to adapt to the changes being made.  

2 hours ago, Andre said:

I AM the biggest Jason fan and I am the biggest supporter of Jason being buffed( cough cough - thanks for the speed boost!!) Buuuut taking away weapons??? You mean like counselors cam actually RUN OUT of weapons now? And legit wont be able to fight back at all after a certain point???

NO! NO! NO! NO! AND NOOO!!! This is not how you buff Jason, the speed buff is the right direction, a little less pocket knives is cool too, but to take away weapons is absolutely backwards thinking. 

Now yes Jason in his current form is definetly too weak and too slow, but come on, if a counselor wants to fight/hunt Jason s/he should be able to without being labeled a troll. As a Jason main, when ever Im a counselor all I do is hunt and fight Jason and thats something I should have the choice to do in a game. Gun media dont limit your game, you can buff Jason without taking away things and vice versa

Gunn media limited their game when they put to many weapons in it, this game isn’t about fighting and hunting Jason , it’s obvious you are not a Friday the 13th movie fan, , You obviously did not play at launch. The object of the game is to survive, not hunt/fight Jason , the nerfs made it that way.

You are  just going to have to GIT GOOD at surviving without 8 pocket knives, 4 shotguns , and endless other weapons on the map, this is Friday the 13th not Call of Duty.

2 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

You should see the people whining about the counselor nerfs on the Twitter post. Hoo boy.

Those are  casual  game plying trolls that need to take a hike and play another game

I'm excited to see just how much everything's gonna change in this next patch. I'm ready for Jason for be a serious threat.

The last patch felt like it added more weapons to the maps- definitely the Axe & Shotgun. Maybe they are returning the weapon spawns to  that of launch, which would be just fine by me. Anything more than that however, is doing too much. 

• Thanks 1

The issue is that the devs allowed the game to get to the point where Counselors could easily fuck with Jason and they were loaded with weapons, meds, knives etc. So they felt super comfortable every match to not even worry.

Now taking it all away is going to piss them off because they're used to this being the game. Totally changing the game back to its ORIGINAL intention where they need to be AFRAID of Jason is like giving a spoiled child $500 every week then realizing they're spoiled and taking it away. 

So of course now you have all the spoiled children flipping out and demanding their $500 back.

So while the child is certainly a spoiled piece of shit who NEEDS to learn he can't have that $500 every week and to grow the fuck up, the devs are the bad parents who now have to accept they're gonna have to deal with their spoiled, tantrum throwing piece of shit kids now that they finally decided to cut them off and force them to grow up, because they're the ones who spoiled those kids in the first place.

Long story short, when you spoil your children, this is what happens. Spoiled, entitled brats will be.....spoiled entitled brats.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ker Juice said:

The last patch felt like it added more weapons to the maps- definitely the Axe & Shotgun. Maybe they are returning the weapon spawns to  that of launch, which would be just fine by me. Anything more than that however, is doing too much. 

The last patch did add more weapons. I believe they said it was a mistake.