As a spin off of what I believe the Paranoia game mode will be (8 counselors PvE style where one is the designated killer), a "Jason Goes to Hell' angle would be a fun and challenging new way to play the game.

One of the counselors is "possessed" by Jason, who's goal is to (A. Kill all counselors) and/or (B. possess an unknown designated female character, in doing so becoming full fledged Jason.)

Sort of like a hybrid between paranoia mode and the main game.

The counsellors must weed out the possessed counsellor before they become Jason. If a counsellor is killed, Jason can switch into and possess their body. Once the possessed counselor becomes jason they cannot be killed as easily as when they were a counsellor possibly only through a long Easter Egg to acquire the dagger that kills Jason at the end of 'Jason Goes to Hell' in which jason is pulled into the ground by demons.

Tons of possibilities for this mode, and as a tweak of the Paranoia mode it shouldn't be too hard to flesh out.

• Like 2

Not sure what the counselors would do to get the dagger since in the movie Creighton Duke just kinda gives it to them. Reply with any ideas 

17 hours ago, Cconcha21 said:

Not sure what the counselors would do to get the dagger since in the movie Creighton Duke just kinda gives it to them. Reply with any ideas 

Call in Creighton Tommy Jarvis style or find the dagger in a building similar to Jason's shack (except Jason doesn't spawn in it).

Go to Professor Knowby's Cabin, from the first Evil Dead movie, to recover the Kandarian Dagger. It should be far up a trail and separate from the camp proper. Jason shouldn't be able to Morph near it as something is protecting it(The Necronomicon).

Both Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell could give it a pass, the level of detail in F13 is stunning, I'm sure it would be a fitting tribute to their contributions to horror. It isn't cannon, but Jason goes to hell did feature both the book and the dagger. If we're ever going to get other cool things in the game we have to be open minded about what the Devs choose. The cannon of the game can remain flexible enough to include all the lore and more if we take don't take it to serious.

The Shift power is lifted straight out of Evil Dead, as was the dagger. 

11 minutes ago, Wafflefive said:

Call in Creighton Tommy Jarvis style or find the dagger in a building similar to Jason's shack (except Jason doesn't spawn in it).

I thought the same thing but I feel like him just having the weapon at spawn would be too easy, like if Jarvis could just kill Jason from the start. Maybe Duke has to find another female counselor to give the dagger to, since in the movie Duke does the exact same thing

Jason Goes to Hell mode could honestly almost be a completely separate video game. I think if it was done right, it would actually be really scary and demonic and could have a Resident Evil vibe to it. 

• Like 1

Since paranoia mode is being delayed (partially because they said it wasn't fun/unique/challenging) a Jason Goes To Hell mode could help solve all of these problems and the devs could have way more fun with this concept. 

On 1/30/2018 at 11:43 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

Both Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell could give it a pass, the level of detail in F13 is stunning, I'm sure it would be a fitting tribute to their contributions to horror. It isn't cannon, but Jason goes to hell did feature both the book and the dagger. If we're ever going to get other cool things in the game we have to be open minded about what the Devs choose. The cannon of the game can remain flexible enough to include all the lore and more if we take don't take it to serious.

The Shift power is lifted straight out of Evil Dead, as was the dagger. 

Even the director of Part IX, Adam Marcus has his opinion that Jason Voorhees is a deadite, as he announced it last November...

[Pamela Voorhees] makes a deal with the devil by reading from the Necronomicon to bring back her son. This is why Jason isn’t Jason. He’s Jason plus The Evil Dead, and now I can believe that he can go from a little boy that lives in a lake, to a full grown man in a couple of months, to Zombie Jason, to never being able to kill this guy. That, to me, is way more interesting as a mashup, and Raimi loved it!”

It’s not like I could tell New Line my plan to include The Evil Dead, because they don’t own The Evil Dead. So it had to be an Easter egg, and I did focus on it…there’s a whole scene that includes the book, and I hoped people would get it and could figure out that’s what I’m up to. So yes, in my opinion, Jason Voorhees is a Deadite. He’s one of The Evil Dead.”

Source - Friday the 13th’s Jason Voorhees is Indeed A Deadite

Apparently, he did speak to Sam Raimi who 'loved it', so to possibly even consider to include this would be pretty interesting imo. To have a mode like this, alongside Paranoia to the game, would be something.

2 minutes ago, Deth_Hed said:

Even the director of Part IX, Adam Marcus has his opinion that Jason Voorhees is a deadite, as he announced it last November...

I'm not saying Jason needs to be confirmed as a deadite. I just think if the game was going to include Easter eggs, there's nothing wrong with some of them, slightly expanding on the movie lore. It doesn't need to be a full on Evil Dead mode, it would just be a cool location to visit and acquire the dagger.

• Like 1