Sign in to follow this  
Andre

Thanku Devs so much for increasing Jasons Speed

1 hour ago, Gummybish said:

I'm not ready for the salt, almost everyone that is not on the forums or on reddit is going to be complaining about how weak counselors are. 

What if the devs give in to the salt and changes things back to counselors being OP? 

lol...if anyone cries for the counselors after the way things have been since October, I'll just laugh at them.

Counselors have more than enough going in their favor.

• Like 1

The way I predict, this buff will effect slower and low stamina counselors the most.   The 2 extra knives @ start is just great, but the extra speed + running Jason can pressure repair characters much more effectively.  Assuming the buffed grab makes grabbing more viable, Part 4 Jason can be a nightmare for counselors like Jenny, AJ, and Deb.  We may see (even more) Vanessas and Chads as I don't think these change will effect them as greatly.

I'm also happy about them increasing the speed of Jasons. The one thing that wasn't mentioned for this re-balancing tho was the hit detection for Jasons melee, this really needs improving asap, esp for Savini Jason. I've had matches where theres been counselors a foot in front of me and yet when I swing my weapon directly at them, somehow it inexplicably keeps missing! 

Hopefully this can be added to further balancing plans next patch! 

22 hours ago, MRWood204 said:

I remember when they fixed the "Roof Glitch" and I would catch people crouching for no real reason anymore. It was so satisfying killing those counselors. I am looking forward to doing the same with the Chad's I've had to entertain lately.

Amen to that! :-)

On 1/28/2018 at 9:47 AM, Trident77 said:

TBH, if the speed buff makes it only possible for Jason to catch counselors who are slow, that would simply make the repair counselors even worse off than before. The only way I see that working is if Gun Media/Illfonic is trying to change the game meta so that counselors are increasingly forced to work together to survive. For instance, failing a QTE restarts you back to the start, making it nigh impossible for speed demons like Vanessa/Buggzy to fix anything as well as forcing them to protect the slower repair counselors.

If the slower Counselors feel too slow after the patch and need a slight speed buff, why not readjust the scaling of the Speed ranking system a bit?

There isn't a Counselor with a 1/10 in Speed, so 3/10 is considered the lowest by default. Why not carry the original Speed value of 3/10 to 1/10, and then re-scale the values up towards the 10/10 Speed value? That way, Vanessa and Tommy will have their speed remain unchanged, but Jenny/Eric/Mitch will be slightly faster as a result.

I'm excited to be running fast as P3. It'll be easier to slash them until they limp and then go for the grab kill. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/28/2018 at 8:25 AM, Redcat345 said:

I can't wait to mine all the salt from all the crying French fries who get cooked by Jason! Tuesday is gonna be fun!!!!:JasonPt3::JasonPt3::JasonPt3::JasonPt3::sadchappa:

I agree, I’m just going to tell these assholes to GIT GOOD,  This game has been crap since November , got even worse in December and I haven’t played it for a month,  I hope when I come back tomorrow it resembles the atmosphere it had when the game was launched, i backed this game but if this patch doesn’t help things, Im going to have to join many of the other people who have left the game for good.

Well, not sure what the increased speed entails or how big of a bump it will be. I'll time it and update my Jason breakdowns in the Playbook. As it is now, there is only a little over a 1mph difference in speed between fast walkers and joggers. I wouldn't suspect the increase will be more than maybe another 1mph bump, but I could certainly be wrong.