Sign in to follow this  
Andre

Thanku Devs so much for increasing Jasons Speed

From the games launch I've always felt that one of the most unexciting aspects of this game was playing as or watching Jason chase a counselor 4 feet in front of him for 5 to 10 minutes UGH!! It was soo pathetic and ridiculous that a counselor could literally jog JOG directly in front of Jason with only about a 4 feet distance from, and still not get caught!! 

So i really thanku 4 increasing his speed I really think it will make the gameply much more urgent and exciting, lol it will be more like the chase scene in Part 4 now vs the one from Part 3 lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'm happy about that, too. I main part 2 so getting to run faster sounds great to me. I think it'll be a big step forward in making Jason scary again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoyT92 said:

I'm happy about that, too. I main part 2 so getting to run faster sounds great to me. I think it'll be a big step forward in making Jason scary again.

It definitely will, I honestly dont see how the devs didnt understand this much earlier, I mean the "nay-nay you cant catcg me/unbothered" attitude counselors players have while "jogging" away from Jason is apart of what kills the tension, not to mention the ring around the rosie games. UGH

Oh yeah, I can't stand it when some douche (usually playing as Vanessa) runs around a long table or something, and poor Jason can't do a thing about it. I'm hopeful this update will, as Negan would say, "shut that shit down". 

• Like 1

I still think looping will be an issue, Jason won’t be faster than anyone, but maybe his increase in speed will lower a counselors margin for error when engaging in said practices. 

6 minutes ago, John Wick said:

I still think looping will be an issue, Jason won’t be faster than anyone, but maybe his increase in speed will lower a counselors margin for error when engaging in said practices. 

That's what I'm thinking...it should make doing that kind of stuff a lot riskier, and they won't be inclined to do it so much. The extra throwing knives may help with this as well.

I just hope this speed boost doesn’t make his running animation look robotic; like he’s being fast-forwarded. 

• Haha 1

Where are the mod Nazi’s at? I have noticed several threads lately thanking the dev’s or praising gun for the recent patch info. The mods shut down every thread that is borderline double post, especially if it’s anything remotely resembling constructive criticism towards gun or IllFonic. Telling people to search the boards and other bullshit. 

Lame ass double standard if you ask me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pro5pt0 said:

Where are the mod Nazi’s at? I have noticed several threads lately thanking the dev’s or praising gun for the recent patch info. The mods shut down every thread that is borderline double post, especially if it’s anything remotely resembling constructive criticism towards gun or IllFonic. Telling people to search the boards and other bullshit. 

Lame ass double standard if you ask me.

Dude, here in America it's super early morning Sunday. Everyone's asleep, they'll probably close some of the stuff in the morning.

2 hours ago, John Wick said:

I think it'll help that issue tremendously. Running Jasons keep right up with jogging counselors without the gap widening in their favor. Applying any speed increase to him should now enable him to close that gap. If they want to troll they're gonna have to burn more stamina than ever before. Some will inevitably still do it, but their success rate of frustrating an anxious Jason player drops considerably, I'll wager. At any rate, it's gonna be a lot of fun ripping trolls who are out-of-the-loop right after the patch drops and can't understand why Jason is suddenly catching up to their mighty Vanessas and exhausting them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SteveChristy said:

I think it'll help that issue tremendously. Running Jasons keep right up with jogging counselors without the gap widening in their favor. Applying any speed increase to him should now enable him to close that gap. If they want to troll they're gonna have to burn more stamina than ever before. Some will inevitably still do it, but their success rate of frustrating an anxious Jason player drops considerably, I'll wager. At any rate, it's gonna be a lot of fun ripping trolls who are out-of-the-loop right after the patch drops and can't understand why Jason is suddenly catching up to their mighty Vanessas and exhausting them.

TBH, if the speed buff makes it only possible for Jason to catch counselors who are slow, that would simply make the repair counselors even worse off than before. The only way I see that working is if Gun Media/Illfonic is trying to change the game meta so that counselors are increasingly forced to work together to survive. For instance, failing a QTE restarts you back to the start, making it nigh impossible for speed demons like Vanessa/Buggzy to fix anything as well as forcing them to protect the slower repair counselors.

If anything, it'll probably be useful to try catching counselors who step on your traps without having to use Shift for reaching them as well as to collect knives faster. The rest would be aethestics, albeit it's a smart buff choice that doesn't overall make things worse for Jason.

9 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

TBH, if the speed buff makes it only possible for Jason to catch counselors who are slow, that would simply make the repair counselors even worse off than before.

The way I read it, with them applying a "slight" speed increase to all Jasons, it's mainly to stop the troll-jogging and force the counselor to actually survive instead of monkey around. I suspect all counselors will still be able to distance themselves from Jason when they run at top speed. But, they'll be a lot less likely to slow down after two seconds and jog, knowing now that Jason will be gaining ground on them.

19 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Savini Jason is going to be very scary.

He's already scary 

giphy.gif

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

He's already scary 

giphy.gif

Wow that shift looks weird. Is it a glitch?

1 minute ago, TheButtonMasher said:

Wow that shift looks weird. Is it a glitch?

Yeah it was a glitch, I got stunned and I shifted and that happened. I'm glad I saved that video, it was weird 

34 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

He's already scary 

giphy.gif

And will be even more so as his relentlessness increases when his shift is on cooldown.

Counselors being pursued by him will feel like Jason escaped Hell and is severely pissed considering his destruction and slashing damage.

Good times.

Much salt and tears will be collected.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Caliph said:

And will be even more so as his relentlessness increases when his shift is on cooldown.

Counselors being pursued by him will feel like Jason escaped Hell and is severely pissed considering his destruction and slashing damage.

Good times.

Much salt and tears will be collected.

We need more salt. 

YX6ZTJ2.gif

• Haha 1

I can't wait to mine all the salt from all the crying French fries who get cooked by Jason! Tuesday is gonna be fun!!!!:JasonPt3::JasonPt3::JasonPt3::JasonPt3::sadchappa:

• Like 2

Just now, Redcat345 said:

I can't wait to mine all the salt from all the crying French fries who get cooked by Jason! Tuesday is gonna be fun!!!!:JasonPt3::JasonPt3::JasonPt3::JasonPt3::sadchappa:

I agree, I cannot wait to get all that salt.

• Haha 2

I'm not ready for the salt, almost everyone that is not on the forums or on reddit is going to be complaining about how weak counselors are. 

What if the devs give in to the salt and changes things back to counselors being OP? 

1 minute ago, Gummybish said:

I'm not ready for the salt, almost everyone that is not on the forums or on reddit is going to be complaining about how weak counselors are. 

...Counselors should be weak.   If they complain just ignore them.

Jason should always be 1st priority and OP... This is his game.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

...Counselors should be weak.   If they complain just ignore them.

Jason should always be 1st priority and OP... This is his game.

I hope so, at this point I'm just nervous about the what ifs. 

6 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

I remember when they fixed the "Roof Glitch" and I would catch people crouching for no real reason anymore. It was so satisfying killing those counselors. I am looking forward to doing the same with the Chad's I've had to entertain lately.

• Like 2

Increase of speed will be a definite bonus, but until they limit the amount of knives, counselors will still be a pain to deal with.