Mr. Blonde

The Jason Buffs are Weak

For once, I actually have faith that some major issues will be addressed with this patch. While there's definitely too much healing in the game currently, the changes currently revealed are Jason-specific, and I think that when combined with changes in other areas such as counselor perks and (hopefully) bug/window/hit detection fixes, the game will be brought as close to balanced as it's been in months. 

Most importantly, these changes are surgical, which is a damn good step in the right direction after the whiplash of the last couple of months.

• Like 1

What if instead of Jason getting stunned, he had a health bar that only shown up on his screen and it takes a certain amount of lost health to have a stun like effect? For instance, let's say a group of counselors gangs up on Jason and hits him with bats, machetes, wrenches, etc. After Jason is hit, say five or six times, THEN he will temporarily get stunned, but for a very brief amount of time. To fully stun Jason for any amount of time, you have to hit him enough times to get his health bar completely to 0%. This will cause Jason to fall flat on his back for exactly thirteen seconds, in which you will hear Pamela's voice from the sky, and lightning will come down and strike Jason, bringing him back to life and giving him 100% health again. 

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

Leave them as is. Why does it have to step down in 2s at every stage?

To maintain balance. It would either have to be 4-6-8 or 4-5-6 to keep a balanced value.

Excellent. Jason really needs these buffs. More speed is really going to help walking Jasons. An increase in the grab hit box has been needed for a long time. More throwing knives to start with will lessen the chore of picking them up. With even more changes coming I am excited for the next patch. 

30 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

To maintain balance. It would either have to be 4-6-8 or 4-5-6 to keep a balanced value.

8 traps are too much, but the same can be said for the 7 traps of :j2: J2, so I would go with 4-5-6. But with the exception of aesthetics, I don't see why it can't go 4-5-7...unless it creates performance instabilities.  

I have a feeling 3-5-7 was an arbitrary starting point. The strengths of 3-trap Jasons have ended up not being all that good to justify such a limitation now, especially :JasonPt7: J7.  Being able to reset traps would effectively make J2 seem unlimited. Right now, either I end with 1 unused trap with J2 or end up using the last one experimentally. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

We've finally gotten the news we've been all waiting for, Jason fixing. It was quite exciting seeing this moment finally happen. But then after skimming the Jason changes, it really isn't much that will make Jason all of a sudden a feared killing machine.

Here are the changes Jason is getting in the upcoming balance patch:

• Each Jason will be gaining a small speed increase - this is not so fast as to make it impossible for counselors to escape from a Jason player, but it is enough to make Jason feel more relentless.
  • Each Jason will start with 2 additional throwing knives.
  • Jason’s grab reach and radius have been looked at and reworked - this should help alleviate the issues players are reporting of counselors slipping through Jason’s fingers, while still retaining a fair grab range for counselor players.

First Buff:

A small speed increase is a very meh buff. It doesn't specify if Jason will receive this speed buff just towards his movement or if it is a speed buff for his grab and attacks. But let's just say it's a 10% overall speed increase for both ground movement and attacks, it's OK but really isn't going to change much in the grand scheme of things. Any of the counselors are still going to be able to easily jog outside Jason's range and kite him for a good bit.

Second Buff:

Jason starts with two throwing knives now. Meaning you don't have to waste a minute of your time picking up the other two throwing knives in the shed which will give you four in total if you decide to. This is another very meh buff. It doesn't really impact much or target ANY of Jason's core issues. It's as if Gunmedia was like "Here's two pieces of candy, Jason. You can wipe some of those tears now." A better buff would be making it so Jason doesn't take an hour to pick up a throwing knife from the environment.

Third Buff:

This is the best buff. Having Jason's grab range fixed so counselors don't slip through your waist while your arm phases through their body is a step in the right direction. But is this really enough? No. And here's why:

Let's all pretend that Gunmedia cuts the amount of pocket knives, medsprays, and shotgun spawns in half in addition to these Jason improvements. Hypochondriac and Medic perks will forever make healing in F13 broken until they are properly addressed. Less pocket knives aren't as crucial since counselors easily tank traps or make Jason's grab borderline useless when grouped up. The less shotgun nerf is OK, but there's still a plethora of stun-city melee weapons and other items to mask it.

My question is WHY weren't these flaws of Jason properly addressed?

• Jason's terrible and atrocious melee hit detection
  • Jason not being able to hit a counselor going through a window with melee or grab attack
  • Jason's Stalk being severely underpowered when it's supposed to be his most finesse skill
  • Jason still not being able to close doors.
  • Jason's traps still being rendered obsolete by counselor's easily tanking.
  • Jason repeatedly being stun locked over and over in rapid successions with no escape.
  • Jason's horrendous Morph accuracy and placement on map not being accurate half of the time.
  • Jason still not knowing which car is blue or yellow on the map.
  • Jason's fear mechanic still being an overall joke for counselors and it not promoting them to want to get away.
  • Part 7 Jason still being a complete joke in terms of underpowered.

Anything is helpful. The only issue I have is that the buffs have made fixers even worse, they were already underperforming compared to Vanessa’s and Chads. Speed is a must have now, you can’t manage your stamina anymore, when a running Jason is chasing Eric and Deborah. Stealth is still trash, speed is better now. 

48 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

8 traps are too much, but the same can be said for the 7 traps of :j2: J2, so I would go with 4-5-6. But with the exception of aesthetics, I don't see why it can't go 4-5-7...unless it creates performance instabilities.  

I have a feeling 3-5-7 was an arbitrary starting point. The strengths of 3-trap Jasons have ended up not being all that good to justify such a limitation now, especially :JasonPt7: J7.  Being able to reset traps would effectively make J2 seem unlimited. Right now, either I end with 1 unused trap with J2 or end up using the last one experimentally. 

While 3 traps isn't ideal, I make it work when I have to. I agree that Part VII Jason needs some work.

3 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

While 3 traps isn't ideal, I make it work when I have to.

Yes. The majority of times that's the case, because the majority of people suck. 

But when luck falls on the counselor's side or you're up against a good, well coordinated group, then you're crippled with 3-traps.

All Jasons should be equally effective under all circumstances. The only difference should be having to adjust your playing style to bring each Jason to his full potential.

He's one character, with different iterations. One should not be better than another.  

I said it in the other thread, but these buffs will be incredible depending on what nerfs hit the counselors. Reduced stun attack damage, reduced items, window fixes along with those Jason buffs will seriously help swing the balance back towards Jason. 

I assume anything regarding Jasons traps would have been included in 'Jason changes'. Underneath all the other crap that happened last patch was that Jason traps were further nerfed so that now you can no longer replace traps. Plus the fact that its so hard to tell which taps have been triggered. The latter especially the fix is so simple but th ebenefit to the Jason player would be enormous. So many times I have morphed to the wrong place because I don't know which trap is triggered

Still waiting for them to bring those windows back to normal...

Jason's melee range has also been in dire need of a buff

13 hours ago, Yoshman2523 said:

I think that it’s better then nothing.

I agree. I'm quite happy about the upcoming changes. I use knives a lot, maybe the speed boost will help with running in circles around objects chasing councilors and a boost to grab range is a plus. So yeah, happy.

2 hours ago, Confused Counsellor said:

I assume anything regarding Jasons traps would have been included in 'Jason changes'. Underneath all the other crap that happened last patch was that Jason traps were further nerfed so that now you can no longer replace traps. Plus the fact that its so hard to tell which taps have been triggered. The latter especially the fix is so simple but th ebenefit to the Jason player would be enormous. So many times I have morphed to the wrong place because I don't know which trap is triggered

Yeah. I have pretty good eye sight and I have trouble seeing the traps on my map too.

10 hours ago, Hal Bailman said:

. While there's definitely too much healing in the game currently,

The problem with healing is iMO its too damn fast.

Med Sprays should take at least 5 seconds to use.   Currently its like 1 second and can easily be used in mid chase..    This needs to change.  You should have to find some place safe to heal and hope you can heal before Jason catches up

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

The problem with healing is iMO its too damn fast.

Med Sprays should take at least 5 seconds to use.   Currently its like 1 second and can easily be used in mid chase..    This needs to change.  You should have to find some place safe to heal and hope you can heal before Jason catches up

You'll also have 2 extra knives to cancel them spraying. That's all it takes. 

1 hour ago, Truth said:

You'll also have 2 extra knives to cancel them spraying. That's all it takes. 

Problem is.. And i see this with bots too.  That you throw a knife, maybe slash them.. Then they are slow enough to grab so go to grab them for a kill.  BOOM Pocket knife. or a melee attack from from the Injured counselor lands and leaves Jason stunned for a good 4-5 seconds.   And in that time the counselor will heal in a second and run away.   

This i think needs to be changed so that healing is longer then any stun on Jason. (Besides a gun shot on Jason)

Healing with med sprays should be longer then Jason stuns/pocket knives.. To prevent players from healing so easily in mid chase.  Well, thats how i see it anyways..lol

19 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Yes. The majority of times that's the case, because the majority of people suck. 

But when luck falls on the counselor's side or you're up against a good, well coordinated group, then you're crippled with 3-traps.

All Jasons should be equally effective under all circumstances. The only difference should be having to adjust your playing style to bring each Jason to his full potential.

He's one character, with different iterations. One should not be better than another.  

Every Jason proves to be effective depending on the situation. While only having 3 traps is like having a real sour lemon, I still manage to make a pretty decent pitcher of lemonade. I may not go 7/7 or 8/8 with a -Trap Jason, but I do make at least 4 or 5 kills, even with a well organized team. Playing this game as long as I have, you kinda get a feel for what goes through a given player's head. What's their objective priority? Are they working together or lone wolfing it? Are their trolls involved? Once I see who the lineup is, I kinda put together a plan. I know who to go after, and who to save for later. Even with 3 traps, I do halfway decent. If plan A fails, it's on to Plan B, then C, D, and so on.I keep my cool and adapt to what the match throws at me. Angry mob coming at me? I'll fall back and change tactics. Rather than looking at how I'm handicapped, I'd rather look at what my advantage is. The best teams out there will make a mistake at some point. Find that mistake, and pick them apart. Even with Part VII Jason. B)