Jump to content
ShiftySamurai

Upcoming Jason Balance Changes - 1/25/18

Recommended Posts

Here is a factor that no one has talked about or being ignored and I think is vital.  Skill sets.  Sure a newbie playing Jason us going to get wrecked by experienced counselor players.  Jason running from being chased by players, yes I see that a lot and that is Jason's py$$y @$$ running away from a Tommy Jarvis and a girl with the sweater, most likely because Jason player = newb.  People need to learn that Jason does not have to kill everyone in every run, and they need to skill up and get better.  Jason is super powerful the way he currently is.  Breaking the game mechanics to accomidate new people that lack the skills will have the following negative effects:

1) Jason is going to be so easy to play that will not require any skills to play with, thus making it boring.  You can pretty much play him blindfolded, how fun is that?

2) you are going to piss off your counselor playing community that is bigger than Jason.  

 

You can't accommodate for players that lack skills.  I see good Jason players clearing maps in no time, those players are not the ones notching here.  Learn how to darn play the game.

 

My 2 cents.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Neonseraphim said:

Here is a factor that no one has talked about or being ignored and I think is vital.  Skill sets.  Sure a newbie playing Jason us going to get wrecked by experienced counselor players.  Jason running from being chased by players, yes I see that a lot and that is Jason's py$$y @$$ running away from a Tommy Jarvis and a girl with the sweater, most likely because Jason player = newb.  People need to learn that Jaison does not have to kill everyone in every run, and they need to skill up and get better.  Jason is super powerful the way he currently is.  Breaking the game mechanics to accomidate new people that lack the skills will have the following negative effects:

1) Jason is going to be so easy to play that will not require any skills to play with, thus making it boring.  You can pretty much play him blindfolded, how fun is that?

2) you are going to piss off your counselor playing community that is bigger than Jason.  

 

You can't accommodate for players that lack skills.  I see good Jason players clearing maps in no time, those players are not the ones notching here.  Learn how to darn play the game.

 

My 2 cents.

one i doubt these changes are gonna be that big of difference maker two jason suppose to be impossible to survive so when you do its much more satisfying than now where jason easy as shit to survive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

one i doubt these changes are gonna be that big of difference maker two jason suppose to be impossible to survive so when you do its much more satisfying than now where jason easy as shit to survive 

I do not know but it got to the point that I can't play with my favorite characters because against skilled Jason players I have 0% chance of surviving.  So I have to play as Vanessa or Chad in order to have a chance.  And now they are working on taking that away.  Have the Devs considered that? Maybe the reason why people play Chad so much?

 

 

By the way, Jenny and AJ are my favs.  But composure is useless in this game.  How about fixing that for a change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Neonseraphim said:

I do not know but it got to the point that I can't play with my favorite characters because against skilled Jason players I have 0% chance of surviving.  So I have to play as Vanessa or Chad in order to have a chance.  And now they are working on taking that away.  Have the Devs considered that? Maybe the reason why people play Chad so much?

 

 

By the way, Jenny and AJ are my favs.  But composure is useless in this game.  How about fixing that for a change?

for one Jenny and AJ will have more of a chance than Chad or Vanessa because higher stealth and as far as new players go its called learning not every player they play with will be new so ask experienced players questions is that hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Neonseraphim said:

I do not know but it got to the point that I can't play with my favorite characters because against skilled Jason players I have 0% chance of surviving.

Something's wrong then. I never, ever use counselors like them and survive the majority of the time. I also use my pocket knives on traps over holding them for Jason. Against good Jasons it takes teamwork. And not all 7 of you, have a solid team if 2 or 3 and those counselors chances of making it out go way up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Neonseraphim said:

I do not know but it got to the point that I can't play with my favorite characters because against skilled Jason players I have 0% chance of surviving. 

I mean, you've already answered your own predicament: 

5 hours ago, Neonseraphim said:

Learn how to darn play the game.

If Jason is wiping lobbies with the ease and speed you claim, they're up against counselors that are incredibly bad at playing the game, are too focused on a Jason kill to get the objectives done as a backup plan, or both. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TheFinn said:

I'd like to see some skill to disperse players, just for those groups of 3 to more players, who dance around jason while stun locking.

Part VI triple decap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read your suggestion for long-range kills and I'm into the idea. I think an easier way to sell it would be this:

In a lot of the movies, there's an "Oh, Shit!" kill that's so sudden and shocking that it really helps ramp up the anxiety and tension. Anyone could die, at any time. That's really scary. If I'm in a group of counsellors trying to fix a car and one of us suddenly catches a spear to the face, that'd be ridiculously intense.

You could have one per match, if the Jason player finds the weapon on the map. It's a single shot, instant kill. Manual aim so there's still some skill required on the Jason player's part and potential for a miss. Use it strategically to prevent repairs from a distance or just to scare players and make them scatter. I think it's a speargun on Higgins, bow & arrow on Crystal Lake, spear on Packanack, axe or speargun on Jarvis House, metal spike on Pinehurst.

It could be intriguing if implemented correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djblizzard said:

I read your suggestion for long-range kills and I'm into the idea. I think an easier way to sell it would be this:

In a lot of the movies, there's an "Oh, Shit!" kill that's so sudden and shocking that it really helps ramp up the anxiety and tension. Anyone could die, at any time. That's really scary. If I'm in a group of counsellors trying to fix a car and one of us suddenly catches a spear to the face, that'd be ridiculously intense.

You could have one per match, if the Jason player finds the weapon on the map. It's a single shot, instant kill. Manual aim so there's still some skill required on the Jason player's part and potential for a miss. Use it strategically to prevent repairs from a distance or just to scare players and make them scatter. I think it's a speargun on Higgins, bow & arrow on Crystal Lake, spear on Packanack, axe or speargun on Jarvis House, metal spike on Pinehurst.

It could be intriguing if implemented correctly.

This sounds really cool, this is kinda like Jason's own version of a shotgun/flaregun!

Would players be able to use long range weapons to pop a tire on the car to slow it down or would that just be overkill?

On 1/26/2018 at 3:42 PM, Neonseraphim said:

Learn how to darn play the game

I don't think it's as simple as 'git gud'.

 

On 1/26/2018 at 3:42 PM, Neonseraphim said:

Breaking the game mechanics to accomidate new people that lack the skills

The fuck? I doubt any of these buffs'll break the game. A normal game shouldn't be Jason too scared to use grabs because every counselor has 1-2 pocket knives on them, or counselors of all types banding together and beating the ever living fuck out of Jason for shits n giggles the entire match with no real drawbacks.

Especially since this is a survival horror game... not a 'hey let's beat up and bully the loser in a hockey mask' game.

jason-vorhees-andreas-werchmeister.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason must be hard to beat (even if the player is bad) This makes the game scary, after all they are 7 against 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kelmo said:

This sounds really cool, this is kinda like Jason's own version of a shotgun/flaregun!

Would players be able to use long range weapons to pop a tire on the car to slow it down or would that just be overkill?

Great idea, I hadn't even thought about that! I think if not popping a tire, it could just stop the car similar to how you already do. It'd be a good last ditch way to stop a four-seater as its about to escape and you're out of morph and shift. Having Jason stop you when you're sure you've made it out is a staple of these movies that I'd love to have happen more organically. Plus, if you morph in the woods behind a fence as the car speeds merrily by, you'd actually still have a chance. It shouldn't be too imbalanced...since it's a long range attack, the counselors would have time to restart the car.

I think with the full range of possibilities and only one shot, it'd be a really interesting strategic addition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2018 at 3:13 PM, Charlie Chainsaw said:

It’s SUPPOSED to be imbalanced! In Jason’s favor. That’s the problem. 

 I agree with you 100 %, but People like him don’t understand this,  there are to many people playing this game who know nothing about Friday the 13th movies, They are just casual gamers,  I blame these people for the current state of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, djblizzard said:

Great idea, I hadn't even thought about that! I think if not popping a tire, it could just stop the car similar to how you already do. It'd be a good last ditch way to stop a four-seater as its about to escape and you're out of morph and shift. Having Jason stop you when you're sure you've made it out is a staple of these movies that I'd love to have happen more organically. Plus, if you morph in the woods behind a fence as the car speeds merrily by, you'd actually still have a chance. It shouldn't be too imbalanced...since it's a long range attack, the counselors would have time to restart the car.

I think with the full range of possibilities and only one shot, it'd be a really interesting strategic addition.

I completely agree! I think it'd be an interesting way to stop the car instead of just shifting in front of it all the time. Depending on the weapon, players could either get 1-2 shots and have to decide whether they want to slow down the car by popping a tire, snipe the driver and insta-kill him causing counselors to either panic and flee or attempt to switch drivers as quickly as they can before Jason comes OR injure the drive so he swerves off road and makes it harder to drive since he's wounded, giving other players the choice of abandoning the driver, switching out drivers (which could screw everyone over) or saying 'fuck it' and sticking with the injured driver who could get them all killed. Players could even pop both tires (but waste all their shots) and have it so the car is completely stuck, leading to players having to go and repair at least 1 tire in order to drive it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll just ask:

Why do counselors die when Jason throws them through a OPEN WINDOW????!?!?!?!?1?!!!?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes it works because it looks like they hit the woodframe at the topsite. It looks dumb on the double windows which slide sideways though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2018 at 6:23 PM, pioneer67fkd said:

for one Jenny and AJ will have more of a chance than Chad or Vanessa because higher stealth and as far as new players go its called learning not every player they play with will be new so ask experienced players questions is that hard

That would be true... if stealth worked!  If you played the game as long as me you will know that for survival speed, stamina and luck are kings.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Santi_Lee said:

I'll just ask:

Why do counselors die when Jason throws them through a OPEN WINDOW????!?!?!?!?1?!!!?!?

They really should only allow window kills on windows that are either 1) Closed or 2) Upstairs/would get you in injured state from jumping out of.

Disabling the window kill on windows that don't meet the above requirement would fix the problem and make a lot of people happy.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck, you guys better fix Jason's stun gimp. It's sad that he can hit a counselor and that same counselor can instantly hit back and stun him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kelmo said:

I don't think it's as simple as 'git gud'.

It is. But people are not willing to put in the time to do so. They don't want it to be skill-based. I've seen what the best strategies are as Jason in combat scenarios, and if you apply these, you'll wreck the 7 Chads trying to gank you with baseball bats with ease. I'm not gonna gonna release these strategies though, as that knowledge will ruin the balance - I feel like it already has. Ever since I mentioned the turn & burn strategy as a counselor here on these forums I feel like I've contributed a big part to the fight Jason meta. Beforehand I was one of the very few who did it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Neonseraphim said:

That would be true... if stealth worked!  If you played the game as long as me you will know that for survival speed, stamina and luck are kings.  

if you have homebody and low profile at least a rare for both high stealth characters are hard to find as Jason 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Kalist said:

I'm not gonna gonna release these strategies though, as that knowledge will ruin the balance - I feel like it already has. Ever since I mentioned the turn & burn strategy here on these forums I feel like I've contributed a big part to the fight Jason meta. Beforehand I was one of the very few who did it.

Are you serious man? That's taking a lot of credit for something that has existed since release. The main source of counselor combat tactics (including beginner level turn & burn) is Pappus, so don't go convincing yourself that you were a big part of the fight Jason meta. It has been here as long as the game's been around.

There is absolutely no reason to withhold strategy / info either. Knowledge is there to be shared, that's how the game progresses on both sides. But thinking that you can singlehandedly impact balance is quite delusional frankly. I am extremely curious what tactics you know that I wouldn't know myself. I'm releasing a guide for Jason combat soon, you can tell me what I missed in it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Kalist said:

It is. But people are not willing to put in the time to do so. They don't want it to be skill-based. I've seen what the best strategies are as Jason in combat scenarios, and if you apply these, you'll wreck the 7 Chads trying to gank you with baseball bats with ease. I'm not gonna gonna release these strategies though, as that knowledge will ruin the balance - I feel like it already has. Ever since I mentioned the turn & burn strategy as a counselor here on these forums I feel like I've contributed a big part to the fight Jason meta. Beforehand I was one of the very few who did it.

Guys....GUYS. This guy is apparently the BEST F13 PLAYER EVER and KNOWS AND/OR INVENTED ALL THE SECRETS but WON'T TELL US WHAT THEY ARE. WOW!

Seriously though, I bet you were the kid back in the day who claimed he knew the "Kano Code" in Mortal Kombat 2 as well, lol. No one cares.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kalist said:

It is. But people are not willing to put in the time to do so. They don't want it to be skill-based. I've seen what the best strategies are as Jason in combat scenarios, and if you apply these, you'll wreck the 7 Chads trying to gank you with baseball bats with ease. I'm not gonna gonna release these strategies though, as that knowledge will ruin the balance - I feel like it already has. Ever since I mentioned the turn & burn strategy as a counselor here on these forums I feel like I've contributed a big part to the fight Jason meta. Beforehand I was one of the very few who did it.

I think if everyone knew the best strategies to win, be it combat or otherwise, then that would only help the overall experience. It would expose flaws in the game design that could be addressed. If one particular combat strategy is super effective, then it could be tweaked in future patches and/or other features could get reworked to complement the meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...