I started thinking about Jason X an when he unlocks (post-launch) Im assuming he'll be after level 40 since that was part 4's unlock requirement. Currently im around 51ish, i dont really play a ton, especially with the state of the game currently, but i truly hope hes not gonna be in the 100's. Im guessing around 60's but if hes in the 100's i might never play him or it will be a very long time before I do.  I know some are already at 150 but this is not a game I can or want to devote 100% of my free time to, when I have free time at all. So heres hoping he wont be forever out of my reach.

I want to say one of the devs (Hobbs?) may have joked that Uber Jason will unlock at 150. I know I saw the post, but don't know if he was serious or not.

3 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

I want to say one of the devs (Hobbs?) may have joked that Uber Jason will unlock at 150. I know I saw the post, but don't know if he was serious or not.

I seriously hope not

Do offline bots for fast leveling. on packanack small they get stuck a lot. you can get 1300xp in under 10mins easily there. (enviroment/hiding spot kills only)

Maaaaybe he won't be a regular Jason but the playable Jason on the Grendel, i mean, we're gonna get Paranoia AND a new game mode aside so my guess is that Jason X is gonna be a game mode for him, you won't stun a cyborg with a pocket knife nor a bat and you won't find those in a space ship. Thing is i don't want to make a long post but i don't think he will be a unlockable Jason but THE Jason for the Grendel (maybe he will be playable on the regular game, who knows).

• Like 1

As much as I want to play as Uber Jason I really don't want him to be in the regular mode getting stunned and knocked down but bats or pots constantly, while it is just a game it would really take away from him being, well, Uber.

I would be alright if he was only on the Grendel with map appropriate weapons and means of killing him though.

• Like 2

I know it would be disappointing to some, but I would prefer a 50+ level requirement. It would give a little more meaning to leveling.

Just my 2 cents.

3 hours ago, Hellraz3r said:

As much as I want to play as Uber Jason I really don't want him to be in the regular mode getting stunned and knocked down but bats or pots constantly, while it is just a game it would really take away from him being, well, Uber.

I would be alright if he was only on the Grendel with map appropriate weapons and means of killing him though.

But it's not a pot... it's a pot- FROM THE FUTURE... IN SPACE! Imagine the space age alloys in a combat frying pan!

• Haha 2

Thank God I'm max level.

Highly doubt it will be unlocked at any level higher than 100 though.

I'm seriously thinking he could and should be playable on the Grendel only.  I think it is gonna be a new mode for him.  I hope so anyway.  He's gonna look goofy as hell on previous maps and getting the crap knocked out of him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

I hope he was. I think either 100 or 150 should be the level requirement for uber Jason. It would really be a good reward for reaching such a high level.

• Like 1

at most i could see it being lvl 50 (if they dont release Part V ) or maybe a lvl 60 unlock or something. Setting it in the high ranks just seems silly. Save the high level ranks for ascetics and skins. 

I'm thinking Level 75 for Uber Jason.  It's halfway to 150, and a full 30+ levels from when you unlock Part IV.  

But without knowing what his kit will look like, it's hard to say where in the progression he should be unlocked.

10 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I'm seriously thinking he could and should be playable on the Grendel only.  I think it is gonna be a new mode for him.  I hope so anyway.  He's gonna look goofy as hell on previous maps and getting the crap knocked out of him. 

I don't have a problem seeing uber Jason getting knocked out by a frying pan. This game already has all kinds of things that don't make sense like pink cops, bunnies and gokus dancing on firecrackers and teabagging 8-bit Barney.

11 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

As much as I'd like that, I would much prefer to see Uber Jason on the older maps. That's honestly what I'm most excited for, to see Uber Jason at Camp Crystal Lake.

I'd say Uber will probably unlock around level 65. 

I don’t think it’d be weird seeing Uber Jason on the current maps, I mean we have Barney Retro Jason running around already.

Its gonna be more strange seeing counselors running around in space suits/futuristic attire though. I think those clothes should be tied to Grendel only.

I'm hoping we get Jason X for all maps and Uber for the Grendel. Hopefully have two choices before starting the map, start with Uber or any other Jason. And if you start with any non Uber Jason, if you can kill him on the ship he turns Uber per a cut screen. Otherwise, when he gets rage he goes Uber per a different cut scene. Maybe he walks into the nano-med bay for an upgrade.

With the current largest gaps in unlocking Jasons being from level 20 to level 31 and from level 31 to level 44, I think level 60 is a safe estimate.

Yeah, I think something in the 60s sounds reasonable. And they may do another double XP event at the same time, as they did with Part IV, to help people under that level get closer.

As for the maps, I'd want him available across all maps as before. Sure he'd look a little goofy smashing in the doors at Packanack, but then Part 2 would look pretty goofy jogging around the Grendel and I sure as hell want to do that as well!

Plus hey, could just say it's just the Grendel Virtual Reality versions of Crystal Lake, Higgins Haven and so on...

I would think around level 75 would be good. Halfway point of levels (for now), halfway between 50 and 100 is satisfying as well, encourages people to stick around and earn xp.

A good deal of time to have earned it, but not too extreme. Either that or hes exclusive to Grendel map and always available on that map...which I could understand, but it would suck only being available on 1 map.

Slightly off topic thought process> That would be cushioned if the Grendel map itself is very modular, in the sense that I assume parts of the map are ship and parts are VR camp, and it would be nice that the map (although its a single map) had more variance in the spawn points and cabin/room. 

For instance, all the current maps have basically the same layouts with variation in spawn points of objectives and rarely an extra or missing building here or there. I hope that Grendel the ship remains this way, and Grendel the VR simulation is different each time by having very different configurations. It would add alot more variety and replay-ability if the map sometimes had 3 big cabins, and sometimes 5 smaller ones, and sometimes 1 big and 3 small...etc, because there really is no "hero building" like in the other maps, there isnt a need to showcase anything specifically, so let the randomness of the VR allow for different situations.

Slightly more on topic > I saw a post elsewhere on Uber's stats and it got me thinking and I think I can kill several birds with one stone.

Lots of people bitch about Savini and his stats being so OP. *I know they are strong, but not night and day strong as some people would have you believe, and that damn pitchfork gets stuck all the time and whiffs on everything else, but I digress. Let Uber have the same strengths and weaknesses as Savini, and with a machete as a weapon. This would technically make Uber even stronger because of faster swing time. This gives everyone essentially access to a Savini clone, while keeping the look, music and uniqueness as a backer exclusive which, as a backer, I think would appease most people that clamor about him being OP and P2W. 

Alternately, if Uber *is* exclusive to just the Grendel map, I would even go a step further and give him a fourth strength, stun resistance. Since he cant be used elsewhere it wouldn't create a situation where everyone has him set to default, its just if you get picked as Jason on Grendel, no matter which Jason you have selected, you're Uber.

That said, I hope Uber is available on all maps, and same goes for other Jasons on Grendel, I just want his stats to really speak to his character. 

• Like 1

The real question is if the new map and Jason will be it's own game mode or not.

Everything about this map and Jason has to be different and brings up a lot of good questions, how will Jason break down doors, how do we escape with the 'police', would we be escaping in little spaceships, how would we kill Jason?

Also how would morph and shift work in such tight quarters. The camera angles as well, would they alternate between first person and third person when you are going through the small hallways?

33 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

The real question is if the new map and Jason will be it's own game mode or not.

Everything about this map and Jason has to be different and brings up a lot of good questions, how will Jason break down doors, how do we escape with the 'police', would we be escaping in little spaceships, how would we kill Jason?

Also how would morph and shift work in such tight quarters. The camera angles as well, would they alternate between first person and third person when you are going through the small hallways?

This reminds me of the Lery's Memorial Institution from DBD. Maybe the Grendel could get its own game mode, probably counselors having to fix the Grendel to drive the Grendel to safety before Jason can kill you.