Left2Right

Brandon “Buggzy” Wilson - Guide Series

(This is meant for newer players)

If you love to run and fight, Brandon would be the perfect match for you.

Brandon Wilson gets unlocked at level 8 which is pretty early to get him. Think as him as a stronger Vanessa, you can bolt out or rush in for the rescue as his main role is being a bodyguard.

Stats:

Composure: 4

Luck: 2

Repair: 1

Speed: 8

Stamina: 8

Strength: 10

Stealth: 2

In Depth Stats:

Composure: It is slightly below average so be wary of darkness or Jason sighting as he may start being spooked in seconds. He’s not very likely to get away from being grabbed. Perks and the flashlight help cope with his lack of courage.

Luck: Weapons do not last long with Brandon (Probably because he hits Jason so hard with them). So make sure you remember what kind of weapons are around your area cause as Brandon your gonna end up using all of them.

Repair: Yuck, along with Tiffiany he takes forever to repair and the skill checks are quite difficult because it’s a small success zone. If you’re actually a “god” at repairs you should do it. Other than that let the smart counselors do it.

Speed and Stamina: Both are 8, combined they’re a deadly skillset. Brandon makes use of both, he can run for a while and run almost as quick as Vanessa. Same rules apply he does take a while to get stamina back so don’t use all of your stamina. He can safely jog at a safe distance unless Jason shifts.

Stealth: Not very good at hiding, but unlike Vanessa crouching doesn’t make noise (looking into it). But the point of Wilson is not to hide. If you wanna be a team player then get away from objective areas if Jason is targeting you.

Strength: The mighty Jock! The highest strength in the game! He can demolish Jason’s mask using blades like Machetes and Axes. The best way to utilize his damage is going behind Jason to do damage or rescue grabbed survivors, if you got balls then go toe to toe with Jason and try to land a hit on Jason’s face. Avoid blunt weapons if your trying to inflict damage. 2-3 axe swings to the face can knock off the mask. Also another tip, while doing combat stance you can actually look up to swing higher. Much better angle at hitting his mask.

Perk Recommendations:

Thick Skin: (Uncommon-Epic) Your going in hot, Buggzy is not effective if he’s injured.

Swift Attacker and/or Sucker Punch: (Uncommon-Epic) He needs to land as many hits as possible while sucker punch increases stun chance so you are able to get away if things get hairy. Swift attacker reduces your chance of being grabbed before you do a full swing.

Thrasher or Heavy Hitter: (Rare-Epic) Both perks allow massive amounts of damage but Heavy Hitter provides a bat so you can try to protect yourself if your the one that gets spotted first.

Man Of War: (Epic) If you’re hoping to fight Jason without the fear of the weapon breaking too early then this perk solves the problem.

A few grammatical errors, but for the most part, I think this pretty much covers Buggzy. 

Yeah.. Buggzy not Bugsy

Buggzy's strength makes it so that nearly every hit causes Jason to get stunned.

Swift Attacker / Sucker Punch are completely redundant to use on Buggzy.

Medic would be a smarter choice, seeing as how your job is to get up in Jason's face. Med Sprays are your friend. Especially if Jason is a slasher.

Like shit, kids...if you're gonna make "guides"...

• Confused 1

On 1/15/2018 at 3:48 AM, AldermachXI said:

And this is why threads like this fail.

It's like you all forget that the best perks for a counselor is subjective to each player - Not everyone plays the game the same and there's no right or wrong answer for perk loadouts.

Any perk can be beneficial to any counselor, if the player knows how to make use of what they're improving.

@AldermachXI 

lmfao! 

2 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

That's pretty much saying the same thing that he said about redundant perks

Nope, in another thread he states any perk can be beneficial to any counselor, and perk load-out is subjective to the player. 

I just found it funny that in this thread he seems to be contradicting what he said earlier.

(I was talking about why the Marathon perk was useless on Tiffany in the other thread.)

15 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

Nope, in another thread he states any perk can be beneficial to any counselor, and perk load-out is subjective to the player. 

I just found it funny that in this thread he seems to be contradicting what he said earlier.

(I was talking about why the Marathon perk was useless on Tiffany in the other thread.)

No. @WashingtonJones got it.

10 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

No. @WashingtonJones got it.

How so?

On 1/15/2018 at 3:48 AM, AldermachXI said:

And this is why threads like this fail.

It's like you all forget that the best perks for a counselor is subjective to each player - Not everyone plays the game the same and there's no right or wrong answer for perk loadouts.

Any perk can be beneficial to any counselor, if the player knows how to make use of what they're improving.

There's really no use in arguing back and forth over perk loadouts. Yet it continues to be the most common argument (and subject of repeat threads). 

Thought using any perk on any counselor is beneficial, if the player knows what they're improving? In this case, improving the stun chance.

There are plenty of times I have even seen Tommy Jarvis not stun Jason.  It's not a 100% ordeal, never has been, regardless of strength. It's just an improved stun/damage chance.

4 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

How so?

Thought using any perk on any counselor is beneficial, if the player knows what they're improving? In this case, improving the stun chance.

There are plenty of times I have even seen Tommy Jarvis not stun Jason.  It's not a 100% ordeal, never has been, regardless of strength. It's just an improved stun/damage chance.

Most counselors, let alone Buggzy have an above average chance at stunning Jason. Not sure if you've noticed. But even Deb stuns Jason on nearly every hit. Everyone stuns Jason easily at the moment.

If you wanted to use those perks on Buggzy (swift attacker, sucker punch), sure, you could. But it would be redundant.

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

Most counselors, let alone Buggzy have an above average chance at stunning Jason. Not sure if you've noticed. But even Deb stuns Jason on nearly every hit. Everyone stuns Jason easily at the moment.

If you wanted to use those perks on Buggzy (swift attacker, sucker punch), sure, you could. But it would be redundant.

And having Marathon on Tiffany isn't redundant?

ok

edit:

Technically speaking, it has been revealed that strength or any other stat don't really contribute to stunning Jason. Strength is actually HP not stun chance. "This stat affects melee weapon attack damage. As mentioned in the Composure section, Strength is also a coefficient for that stat when attempting to break free from Jason's grab." More info here

Just find it odd you'd mention redundancy here but no in a thread that was discussing it and with a reply that was clearly addressing the redundancy of Marathon on Tiffany. Instead you made it appear as if any perk was okay on any counselor, as you even directly stated it. The fact of the matter is, you stated your comment during an argument between myself and the OP over the marathon perk and whether or not it was beneficial to Tiffany; implying you were siding with the OP as to say the perk is OK on her if the player knows how to manipulate it.

8 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

And having Marathon on Tiffany isn't redundant?

ok

Did I say it wasn't?

Take a walk, dummy.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Did I say it wasn't?

Take a walk, dummy.

Read my edit, sweet cheeks. ;)

So essentially, a perk that increases you stun chance is indeed beneficial and not redundant at all. More so depends on the weapon. I'd rather hit Jason with a machete and also stun him versus just causing HP and getting grabbed or hit back.

1 minute ago, Gummybish said:

Lol no wonder people stop coming to the forums.

Because it's being flooded with fan fiction bullshit and "guides" from clueless players?

I know...it's terrible. No wonder those who actually discuss stuff around here just do so in a private chat now...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Because it's being flooded with fan fiction bullshit and "guides" from clueless players?

I know...it's terrible. No wonder those who actually discuss stuff around here just do so in a private chat now...

LMAO.

This thread is getting off-topic so I'll call it quits.

9 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Lol no wonder people stop coming to the forums.

Yep... Some toxic people on here. ?

3 minutes ago, IronKnight55 said:

Curious as to how debating is "toxic." Is this forum a SJW playground? 

A rhetorical question, don't answer because I already derailed this thread enough as is.

1 minute ago, BetsyPalmer said:

Oh lord here we go again with the SJW bullshit. 

I'm just calling it for what it is lol.

3 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

I wasn't talking about you, but whatever. *backs out of thread* ?

4 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

You're such a child. Sad. *ignored*

I literally just said, "oh boy, here we go".

Are you OK?

17 minutes ago, IronKnight55 said:

It's the opposite of toxic because it's been approached from more than one angle that the guide series threads are needless and do nothing but waste time and add to the clutter, but people keep making them and defending their existence. 

Irresponsibility and deliberate ignorance are more toxic than a few nasty words.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

I literally just said, "oh boy, here we go".

Are you OK?

You're trying to cause tension. Don't pull the retarded card.

I'll reply to any of your other comments OFF of the thread and in PMS.