Left2Right

Kenny Riedell - Guide Series

(Attended for new players)

Ah yes the Jack of all trades himself. So very underrated but yet he can adapt to multiple situations.

He’s one of the few starting characters, other than Shelly he’s capable of repairs compared to others. 

Generalization:

Kenny is somewhat okay with everything he does but he’s indefinitely not the best at everything. If you’re starting off playing or just love flexible characters the Riedellinator is your guy.

Stats:

Composure: 5

Luck: 5

Speed: 5

Stamina: 5

Stealth: 5

Repair: 5

Strength: 5

In Depth Stats:

Composure: He can usually keep calm when inside buildings or well lit areas but expose him to walking in a dark forest he slowly begins to feel paranoid. Flashlight and perks help combat his average fear management. He also stumbles quite often once he reaches max fear however not as much as Chad.

Luck: Unlike Chad it’s actually very unpredictable when using melee weapons, some times it breaks in one hit or has normal durability. Luck also effects how much stamina comes back when hitting or escaping a grab. To Riedell he regains at most half of his stamina doing so.

Speed: While jogging he can slightly outpace speed walking Jasons, running Jasons can slowly catch up. He’s capable of keeping distance with proper stamina management.

Stamina: Just like Jenny Myres he has average stamina, medium distance sprinting can be a life saver but also since it’s a stat of 5 it regains stamina faster than characters with a stat of ten because the stamina regen depends on fear levels and stamina size. Imagine using the garden hose, would it be faster to fill up a mug or a swimming pool?

Stealth: Sadly since it’s not a stat of 6 he makes noise while jogging but he can still walk and crouch without making noise. Comparing to Vanessa sprinting noise blips doesn’t appear as consistently which means you can pull around corners to trick Jason.

Repair: Expect average repair speed and 4-5 skill checks when repairing, it isn’t too difficult. Don’t be afraid to try repairing.

Strength: If your using a machete you might take Jason’s mask off in 7-9 hits possibly. Better leave it to the stronger counselors to do that part.

Perk Recommendations:

-Marathon (Rare-Epic) Boosts his stamina stat up to 6 or even a 7!

-Thick Skin (Uncommon-Epic) Gives him the additional edge for survival.

-Any Fear Resistance Perk. To make sure that fear isn’t interupting your stamina regen.

-Restful (Uncommon-Rare) Stop and take a break in the building so you can regain most of your stamina back. 

4 hours ago, TheButtonMasher said:

Nice, but I don't think many main Kenny. 

You couldn't do one for my boy Chad, could you?

Aye I will do a guide for Chad too.

8 hours ago, Left2Right said:

Luck: Unlike Chad it’s actually very unpredictable when using melee weapons, some times it breaks in one hit or has normal durability.

Everyone has set amounts of weapon durability which changes depending on weapon. Refer Here for info on durability.

Luck also effects how much stamina comes back after hitting or escaping a grab. To Riedell he regains at least half of his stamina doing so.

Everyone gets 50% stamina bar per hit, whether you are Chad (10 Luck) or AJ (1 Luck).

Strength: If your using a machete you might take Jason’s mask off in 7-9 hits possibly. Better leave it to the stronger counselors to do that part.

Kenny demasks Jason with base HP in 5 normal swings and 3 combat swings. Refer Here for info on strength in relation to demasking.

I also recommend you read This thread which has in-depth guides on many of the counselors, explanation of mechanics etc. Also check out Rydog's Guides which are very comprehensive (though some info is out of date).

5 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Everyone has set amounts of weapon durability which changes depending on weapon. Refer Here for info on durability.

Everyone gets 50% stamina bar per hit, whether you are Chad (10 Luck) or AJ (1 Luck).

Kenny demasks Jason with base HP in 5 normal swings and 3 combat swings. Refer Here for info on strength in relation to demasking.

I also recommend you read This thread which has in-depth guides on many of the counselors, explanation of mechanics etc. Also check out Rydog's Guides which are very comprehensive (though some info is out of date).

I mostly based this on my experience.

I am aware each weapon has a set durability. With bats it’s usually 2 hits with 5 luck but I sometimes shatter the bat in one hit.

Dunno about the stamina gain on hit, it feels like I only get a quarter back if I hit Jason as AJ. I end up being tired again.

When I fight Jason as Kenny most of my hits to demask I often need more than 5 hits. But I think I do remember taking his mask off in less if I managed to combat swing at his face often. But to be honest everybody uses the sideways swings.

But thanks for the info I will correct this guide if it’s true.